"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERSo far so good. Put initial charge on it and did a road test. CPAP fired up and ran just as if plugged in to AC. Will be travelling with it soon."
February 25, 2015
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThe battery will run my CPAP all night no power worries. Great product."
April 7, 2015
The C-100 Travel Battery Pack for S9 Machines provides the peace of mind of knowing your S9 machine will be available when power is not. Easily include your machine when camping or hunting. The C-100 Travel CPAP Battery Pack for S9 Machines is an economical, lightweight power source kit including the 24V Power Connector for S9 Machines.
The C-100 lithium ion battery weighs just 1.16 pounds. The weight of the battery and 24V power connector weigh just under 2 pounds, making it one of the smallest CPAP batteries on the market.
Manufactured by Battery Power Solutions.
The C-100 Travel Battery Pack for S9 Machines by Battery Power Solutions (BPS) is small, lightweight Lithium Ion battery in a sleek design.
- Lightweight & Compact
- Travel Approved
- Components & Carry Bag
- Compatible with Most Models
- Pigtail Cord Included
- Can be Set as Battery Backup
Lightweight and Compact
At just 1.6 pounds the C-100 by BPS is one of the lightest CPAP batteries on the market. The flat design of the battery makes it easy to transport and use. The handy carry case is designed to hold the battery and all components in one easy to use bundle.
The BPS C-100 is powered by a Lithium Ion battery and complies with the FAA requirements for use when flying and sailing. Check with the specific travel carrier should you have any questions.
Included Components & Carry Bag
The C-100 Travel Battery Pack for S9 Machines includes the components necessary for use with the S9 Series machines by ResMed. The C-100 Travel Battery Pack includes:
- Carry Case
- 24V Power Converter
- DC Power Pigtail Cord
- 7 Sized Connector Tips
- AC Charger Power Supply & Cord
- DC Input Cord
The clever design of the carry bag included with the C-100 accommodates all included components as well as available accessories. The battery is securely held in place in the bag by a pouch with Velcro closure. A flap on the side of the carry bag allows access to the battery to attach the charger or DC cable for use of the battery. The charge status can easily be seen through the clear flap of the bag. If desired, remove any components not required for use with your machine and store elsewhere to make the battery and case even lighter weight.
Pigtail with a Second Battery
Want to extend the run time away from AC power? Consider adding an additional C-100 battery and connecting with the included pigtail cord. The pigtail cord can be attached to two batteries, which in turn is attached to the machine. When one of the batteries is depleted, the other one kicks in.
Use While on AC Power
The C-100 Travel Battery for CPAP Machines is a movable, power source intended for short-term use. Because the battery has an input and output, the battery can be plugged into an AC power source to receive a charge while being plugged into a device to discharge. The C-100 battery will discharge its stored power to the device while simultaneously receiving a charge from the AC power source.
The continuous charging and discharging occurring from the battery, will reduce the number of cycles remaining in the battery life. It is recommended only to set the battery in this configuration when a power outage is imminent, as this configuration will shorten the lifespan of the battery. If using a device that will draw a significant amount of battery charge, such as pairing a humidifier with a machine, it is recommended to have two battery cells to provide a longer run time.
This Product Includes...
- C-100 Battery Pack
- S9 Machine 24V Power Converter
The equivalent lithium ion content of the C-100 battery cells is less than 8 grams.
- Equivalent Lithium Ion Content: Less Than 8 grams
- Battery Weight: 1.6 lbs
- Battery Dimensions: 7.5 in L x 4 7/8 in W x 7/8 in D
- 24V Converter Weight: 0.35 lbs
- 24V Converter Cord Length - Not Including Connectors: 48.5 in
- 24V Converter Dimensions - Converter Box Only: 2.75 in L x 1.75 in W x 1 in H
- 24V Converter Input: 12V - 24V
- 24V Converter Output: 24V / 3.75A (Max)
- Battery Charger Weight: 7.5 oz
- Battery Charger with Power Cord Weight: 9.7 oz
- Battery with Battery Bag and Battery Charger: 3.02 lbs
- Battery Pack Bag Dimensions: 11 in L x 7 in W x 3 in D
- Battery Pack Bag Weight: 10.4 oz
- Charger Cord Length (Attached Cord) - Not Including Connectors: 47 in
- Power Cord Length - Not Including Connectors: 44 in
- DC Power Pigtail Cord Length - Entire Length, Not Including Connectors: 25 1/2 in
- DC Input Cord Length - Not Including Connectors: 4 in
- Power Output of C-100 Battery Pack: 9 - 12.6V / 0 - 4.5A (8A Max) / 97.68Wh
- Maximum Device Power Demand: 8A or Less
- Charger Input Requirements: 100 to 240VAC / 50-60HZ max 0.35A
- Charger Output: 19VDC / 3.16A
- Charging Time When Fully Discharged: 4 - 5 Hours
- Shelf Life Without Use: Decreases by 20% Every 90 Days
- Charging Before Storage: Charge to Approx 40% Prior to Storage
- Battery Life: 400 to 500 charging cycles
- Battery Warranty: 6 Months
- Battery Case Materials: Aluminum Alloy Shell
- Disposal: Lithium Ion Batteries Should be Recycled. Dispose of the lithium ion battery in accordance with local regulations.
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Instruction Booklet: To view the complete instructions, view the C-100 Battery Pack User Guide.
BPS FAA Compliance Letter: To view the Battery Power Solutions FAA compliance letter regarding UN Manual Tests and Criteria click: HERE.
The user manual included with your battery can be viewed and downloaded here: C-100 Battery User Guide.
First Time Charging: Fully charge the C-100 Battery Pack prior to first use using the included charger and AC power. It is normal for the charger and battery to become warm to the touch while charging.
Power Meter: After charging for the first time, the Power Meter may be used to identify how much charge is left in the C-100 Battery. Press the Power Meter button and 1 - 4 of the green LED lights will illuminate. The charge levels are identified as follows:
- 1 green LED = < 15% Charge
- 2 green LEDs = 15% - 50% Charge
- 3 green LEDs = 50% - 85% Charge
- 4 green LEDs = > 85% Charge
- Connect the AC power cord to the power supply (charger).
- Plug the charger's output cable into the "DC In" port of the battery.
- Connect the charger to a wall outlet.
- When fully charged, the "Full Charged" indicator on the battery will light up green.
- Once fully charged, disconnect the charger from the battery and wall outlet.
- Estimate 4 to 5 hours to charge when battery is fully discharged.
- International Charging: The charger can be used internationally in AC currents from 100V to 240V with appropriate plug adapters such as World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
- Dual Battery Charging: The charger can be used to charge two batteries at once. Simply connect the DC Power Pigtail Cord to the output cable of the charger, then plug the pigtail cable into both batteries.
- Charging from DC Source: Purchase the optional DC to DC Cable for C-100 Travel Battery Pack to charge the battery directly from a DC source using a cigarette lighter style outlet. Also, the C-100 battery may be charged using an inverter to change DC current into AC current. Plug the charger cord into the standard outlet on an inverter to charge the battery. The inverter must put out a minimum of 60W to charge the battery. Interested in an inverter? Consider the small and lightweight: 150W Modified Sine Wave Inverter for C-100 Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines.
Using the 24V Power Converter
- Connect the male end of the 24V Power Converter to the DC Out jack on the C-100 Battery. This connection must be made first.
- Connect the female end of the 24V Power Converter to the DC input connection of the S9 machine.
"ON" Lights When Using C-100 Batteries in Tandem With The Pigtail Cord: When running two C-100 batteries connected with the pigtail cord, the "ON" light on the battery with the greatest voltage will light up. However, if both batteries are at, or near the same voltage, the "ON" lights on both batteries will alternate in lighting up.
C-100 and Freedom Battery Compatibility
The C-100 battery and Freedom battery are compatible and may be used together in dual configuration to power a CPAP device. Use the DC Power Pigtail Cord for C-100 & Freedom Travel Battery Packs for CPAP Machines to pair the batteries to the unit.
When the C-100 Battery is paired with a combination of CPAP accessories and a CPAP machine which is running at higher pressures, power to the device and/or accessories may be disabled. If this is encountered, try removing an accessory such as the heated humidifier or heated tube to decrease the power being drawn from the battery.
- Because the cell contents are corrosive, do not abuse the battery in ways that could result in them being exposed. This includes dropping, striking, or crushing the battery.
- The battery should not come in contact with moisture of any kind.
- Discontinue use of any component, including connectors, cables, or the battery itself that appear to have signs of damage.
- Use the included charger only.
- The battery should not be exposed to extreme heat or fire. Explosion may occur.
- Do not disassemble or incinerate the battery.
- Use of the C-100 Battery Pack with devices that require higher wattage may result in the battery shutting off to protect from overrun.
- Store in a cool, dry place out of direct sunlight and away from metal objects and heat.
Battery Charge: As with all rechargeable lithium-ion batteries, the max charge held will gradually decrease over time due to use and age. The average lifespan under normal conditions is 400-500 battery cycles.
Battery Run Times: Run times will vary greatly depending on several factors: device pressure, use of a heated humidifier or heated tube, use of a inverter or converter, and altitude.
8 Amps Maximum Power Demand: The C-100 Battery can provide power for devices which require up to 8 amps. As a note, most CPAP machines operate between 0.5 and 4.5 amps.