"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERI tell all my cpap patients to have one and carry with them."
March 8, 2012
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThis card looks more "official" than what I 've had in my wallet before. I'm glad that I found this item."
August 18, 2012
In an emergency, doctors should know if you have Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
Manufactured by Generic.
- Physician's name
- Blood type
- Special Needs
- Machine Type
The card is plastic, similar to a gift card. The card fits is any wallet or credit card holder. We recently updated the material from hard card stock to plastic to increase durability.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Customer ReviewsView All Reviews
CPAP Video & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Will my CPAP operate on DC / battery power?
- All CPAPs will operate on DC power with the use of an Inverter to change the current from DC to AC before it reaches the machine. However, many will operate on DC power without the need for an inverter, just a power cord that plugs into the CPAP and ends in a cigarette lighter plug.
Inverters do require a lot of power. If you need to use an inverter to run your machine on battery power, the inverter will probably take about half the life off the battery.
To determine if your CPAP will operate without an inverter, look for a DC outlet on the machine, either at the back or on the side, with a single opening directly in the center. It should be labeled "DC Power" or similar term. You can also review our Compare Charts to see if your machine has a optional DC cable option.
Here is a video describing different DC cable and battery options for various machines:
- Will my CPAP operate overseas?
- An adapter may be required to plug a US power cord into a wall outlet in a foreign country. CPAP.com sells an assortment pack of World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs, which allow CPAP machines to plug into different types of wall sockets found in different countries.
All the models CPAP.com sell contain power converters that enable the machine to operate on any AC current from 100 to 240 volts without any adjustment.
- How do I use a battery to operate my CPAP?
- All machines can connect to DC power. Some machines are configured to operate on DC Power and have a DC power outlet. Other machines require AC power and will need an Inverter that turns DC power to AC power.
Having the proper equipment is the biggest key to successfully operating the machine from a battery. For example, if your machine does have a DC outlet and you want to run your machine from a marine battery, be sure to get the correct DC cable for the machine, as well as an adapter cable with alligator clips that fits over the cigarette lighter plug.
CPAP.com sells complete battery kits with everything you need for many machines including the correct cables for those machines and batteries. You can see if there is a battery kit available for your machine Here. If you have questions about the specific power needs of your machine, review the 'Power' tab found on the machine's product page, or give us a call at 1-800-356-5221.
- What type of battery should I use?
- For longer battery use, we suggest using a deep-cycle marine battery to power the machine. A deep-cycle marine battery is heavier than the ordinary battery, but it has many advantages. The battery is easily found at auto shops and it provides power to the machine for an extended period of time. For example, a CPAP machine set at 10 cm H20 and charged on a deep-cycle marine battery will usually last three nights before it needs to be recharged.
There are small, portable battery packs that will operate a CPAP set at 10cm for at least one night, or about eight hours. CPAP.com sells full Battery Kits that come with everything needed to run your machine off battery power including the correct cables needed for your machine and a battery. You can find the battery kit for your machine Here. On each battery kit page, you can input your machine and pressure setting to see an estimate battery life for your machine.
Some machines have batteries created to be used specifically with them only. Here are some of the machines we carry with integrated or specialized battery options:
Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
- How do I prepare for plane travel with CPAP?
- Your CPAP does NOT count against your carry on limits. Allow for an additional 10-20 minutes in security, not likely but it happens. If airport personnel ask about the CPAP, let them know politely that it is a medical device (a CPAP unit). Most of them understand what it is and that it is an exception to the normal rules. We provide a luggage tag for CPAP systems: https://www.cpap.com/productpage/medical-identification-luggage-tag-cpap-equipment
You can use your CPAP on board, just use batteries or make sure you're seated by a power outlet. You can call or reserve one of these seats online with most airlines. Alternatively visit Seat Guru , a website that works with most major airlines.
Be sure to bring spare parts and a back up mask. If you're in a bind, CPAP.com delivers all over the US and to most international destinations.
- How do I prepare for international travel with CPAP?
To prepare for your international travel, be sure to:
- Check the voltage of your destination. You may need a plug adapter for your machine.
- It is recommended to pack spare parts for your equipment.
- Review the general Travel Tips found in this section.
- It may be necessary to bring a travel-sized surge protector with you when you travel. Some countries have issues with power surges that can damage your machine. It's hard to say which country has power surges and which ones don't, so it's helpful to be prepared and bring a surge protector.
- While CPAP.com can ship internationally, we cannot guarantee any delivery date, and you may not want to incur the additional costs of having a replacement sent to your hotel.