"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThe softgel mask is more comfortable and effective in reducing air leakage than the regular masks. I am very pleased with it."
September 10, 2010
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERA great product, comfortable, easy to fit. THis is my new favorite."
September 2, 2010
Get mask wipes for just 1¢ more when you add this item to your cart.
Mask assembly kits are a way to refresh your mask without having to purchase the full mask.
The Mirage SoftGel nasal mask offers exceptional comfort with ResMed's renowned performance and quality. The Mirage SoftGel provides a soft touch with strong stability for a comfortable, effective seal. Its unique DoubleGel cushion includes a blue gel layer for strong support and a clear gel layer that gently conforms to individual facial contours, making it easy, quick and intuitive to fit.
Manufactured by ResMed.
DoubleGel technology automatically seals around the user's face and offers a personalized fit. The two layers of gel provide comfort and stability while maintaining a solid seal. The clear gel layer sits against the cheeks and provides a soft, gentle feel while conforming to any unique facial features. The blue gel layer is more dense; therefore, providing additional support and stability once the mask is fitted.
The MicroFit Dial allows CPAP users to find the right fit using 24 small incremental adjustments. The dual-wall cushion and forehead move in tandem as the dial is turned. This design is intended to address difficultly with "first time" fittings and also helps prevent the need to over-tighten headgear.
The new diffusion vent and 360 Degree elbow disperses air softer and quieter than before. The exhalation ports are configured in a circular design that greatly reduces the audible sound of exhaled air and redirects the airflow away from your bed partner.
Headgear Quick Clips allows for fast and convenient removal of the mask without the need to re-adjust the headgear.
This package DOES NOT include Headgear. Headgear can be purchased separately Headgear for the Mirage™ SoftGel or the mask can be purchased with headgear here: Mirage SoftGel™ Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear.
This Product Includes...
Material Components of Mirage™ SoftGel Nasal CPAP Mask Assembly Kit
- Frame: Polycarbonate
- Clear Dial: Polycarbonate
- Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Forehead Support: Polycarbonate
- Swivel: 15% PTFE in Polycarbonate
- Ports Cap: Silicone Elastomer
- Gel Cushion: Silicone Elastomer with Silicone Gel and Silicone Eslastomer
- Cushion Clip: Polyester
- Forehead Pad: Silicone Elastomer
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- ResMed products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
SoftGel and ActiveCell Technology are designed to seal without needing to over-tighten the mask headgear to create a secure seal. A looser fitting mask reduces pressure points and prevents red marks.
ResMed also provides a printable sizing tool that has cut-outs with sizes for the Mirage Micro, SoftGel and Activa LT Sizing Template.
For more help with fitting, read through ResMed's Softgel User Guide. ResMed's Product Guide also provides helps with fitting and tips to avoid over tightening.
Where do I find the size?
The Mirage SoftGel™ Nasal CPAP Mask frame has two different sizes: Small and Standard. Only the small size is labeled and will accept only small size cushions. When examining the front of the mask, the size is printed on either side of the elbow, where the headgear clips attach. The Standard mask frame is not labeled and will work only with cushion sizes: Medium, Large, and Large Wide. The Mirage SoftGel™ cushion is replaceable and comes labeled. When examining the front of the mask, the size is printed on the top, bottom and right left side of the cushion.
Sizing Recommendations if you are changing from a Philips Respironic's ComfortGel mask
If you are currently using a ComfortGel and are trying the SoftGel, we recommend the following sizing recommendations:
- ComfortGel - Petite = SoftGel - Small
- ComfortGel - Small = most will fit the SoftGel - Medium, some may find the SoftGel - Small a better fit
- ComfortGel - Medium = SoftGel - Large
- ComfortGel - Large = SoftGel - Large Wide
Convertable Use with Activa LT
The ConvertAble Series is a new ResMed concept that allows cushions to interchange with other masks. The SoftGel frame and Activa LT frames are identical in size. The ActivaCell or DoubleGel cushion will work with either mask. If you would like to purchase the Activa LT cushion separately, please visit:
There are two frame sizes between these two masks. The size small is the only system that cannot change mask sizes. We recommend the following conversion equivalent chart.
- Small Activa LT and Small SoftGel masks only accept Small size cushions
- Size Medium/Large/Large Wide Masks will fit either DoubleCell or ActiveCell cushion in any size other than Small
Customer ReviewsView All Reviews
CPAP Video & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Are prescriptions required for mask, machine, humidifier, and EPAP purchases?
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to email@example.com
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
- Which CPAP masks work on which machines?
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
- How do I care for my mask?
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
- How often should I replace my mask?
- Medicare allows for mask cushion replacement every three (3) months, and a complete mask system replacement every six (6) months. CPAP manufacturers and vendors suggest these replacement schedules as well.
In our experience, most mask cushions begin to deteriorate after about six months of use. The cushion eventually becomes too soft to hold a seal. The headgear straps lose elasticity and must be tightened more and more to get the same quality seal.
We strongly suggest replacing cushions and pillows as soon as they start to soften. Air leaks may reduce the effectiveness of CPAP therapy and headgear that is too tight may cause facial sores at pressure points. In most cases, replacement headgear is available if it is stretched out or the Velcro worn out.
To see what parts of your mask are replaceable refer to our Replacement Part Finder. Just search for your mask to see all of the replaceable parts.
- What are the CPAP, BiPAP, Sleep Apnea, and Oxygen related HCPCS, CPT or billing codes?
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
- What does a mask prescription need to say?
- A mask prescription must contain all of the following information:
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP Mask", "CPAP Supplies", "CPAP Humidifier", "CPAP", "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure", "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto", "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Here are some of our top selling masks:
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
+ See More
- Why might I prefer a nasal mask?
- The ideal CPAP mask is not noticeable to the user during CPAP therapy. If you breathe through your nose only, the nasal mask may offer the best therapy. Nasal cushions create a very good seal around your nose, while keeping a small profile. Also, nasal masks can be found in silicone, gel, foam, or cloth material. The SleepWeaver masks are the only cloth masks on the market, and are a very popular choice among nasal mask users. Lastly, most nasal masks have a forehead support which offers stability and support for the mask.