Have a question? Call us!
Sat 8AM-5PM CST
The Respironics Travel Battery Kit for System One & DreamStation CPAP Machines includes all components needed to power a System One or DreamStation machine when AC Power is not available. Use this compact kit to travel freely or protect from power outages. Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) mode allows the battery to be used inline with the machine's power supply and keeps the machine from shutting off, even when AC power is lost.
Manufactured by Philips Respironics.
The Respironics Travel Battery Kit for System One & DreamStation CPAP Machines is intended for use with 50 Series, 60 Series machines, and DreamStation machines. The FAA approved battery is compact and is enclosed in a padded travel case. Pair the battery with the device cord and the additional adapters to make traveling a breeze. The kit does not include a power supply as the battery can operate from the machine's power supply.
- FAA Aproved for Travel
- Sleek Design with Travel Case
- Uninterruptible Power Supply
- Fully Equipped to Power CPAPs
- Long Battery Life Expectancy
- LED Charge Indicators
FAA Approved and Travel Friendly
Weighing only 2.25 lbs and measuring 9 in L x 5 in W x 1 in H, this lithium-ion battery is a compact travel unit. The FAA has stated the battery covers all requirements for use on flights.
Refer to the color coded sections on the battery as a simple guide of how to connect the battery to the device cord. This sleek battery is accompanied by a padded travel cover which is only intended for the battery as it does not have room to store other components.
Uninterruptible Power Supply
The Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) feature is designed to help the battery kick in automatically if AC power fails. This mode ensures power is never lost to the CPAP machine, even after power from the outlet is disconnected. When AC power is available again, the battery will be bypassed, and AC will resume powering the machine. Setting the battery in this configuration will not reduce the lifespan of the battery unless AC power is lost and the battery becomes active.
Fully Equipped to Power CPAP Units
The Respironics Travel Battery Kit includes the device cord and additional adapters to power a System One or DreamStation device. Use the device cord to connect the battery to the CPAP unit.
Long Battery Life Expectancy
The manufacturer states the Respironics Travel Battery can provide approximately 14 hours of power to a machine with a pressure of 10cm H20 or lower, as long as additional accessories have not been added to the unit. These additional accessories include humidifiers and heated tubes. With standard use, the battery is expected to operate up to 1,000 cycles.
Please Note: Other variables such as breathing patterns, advanced pressure relief features, and altitude may decrease the run time of the battery. This travel battery does not offer dual configuration; therefore, two batteries cannot be used together to increase the life of the charge.
LED Charge Indicators
This battery features LED charge indicators which can be activated to show the current charge level of the battery while both charging or being used.
- During Charging:
- 1st LED Blinking: 0-20% Charged
- 2nd LED Blinking: 21-40% Charged
- 3rd LED Blinking: 44-60% Charged
- 4th LED Blinking: 61-80% Charged
- 5th LED Blinking: 81-99% Charged
- All LEDs Steadily Lit: 100% Charged
- During Use:
- All 5 LEDs Lit: 81-100% Charge Left
- 4 LEDs Lit: 61-80% Charge Left
- 3 LEDs Lit: 41-60% Charge Left
- 2 LEDs Lit: 21-40% Charge Left
- 1 LED Lit: 11-20% Charge Left
- 1 LED Blinking: 0-10% Charge Left
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- Respironics Lithium Ion Travel Battery
- CPAP Device Cable
- Travel Case
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
FAA Battery Regulations
Here's the regulations from the FAA explaining its policies on what types of batteries are acceptable for bringing on a flight. Per the manufacturer, this battery meets the requirements for in-flight use:FAA Regulations for Batteries
This CPAP battery is only compatible with Respironics System One 50 or 60 Series and DreamStation machines.
Battery Run Time Tips
As with use of any CPAP battery, run times can be lowered by the following factors:
- Pressure Setting: As the pressure setting increases, the draw on power will be greater.
- Altitude: More power may be used at higher altitudes due to the increased effort of the CPAP to output a set pressure
- Humidification: Use of a heated humidifier may reduce the battery's run time by half or more. If possible, turn the heat setting off, completely or remove the heated humidifier.
- Inverters: Similar to heated humidifiers, inverters may greatly reduce the run time of the battery. If a DC option exists, use a compatible DC cord rather than an inverter to achieve a greater run time.
- Battery Age: Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries will gradually decrease their max charge held as they age. Under normal conditions, the lifespan of the Respironics Travel Battery for 60 Series and DreamStation machines is 1,000 cycles.
When in UPS mode and connected to AC power, the battery can be connected to the CPAP without depleting the battery, as long as it is not powering the device. The battery is bypassed when receiving AC power from the outlet, providing the AC power directly to the machine. The life cycle of the battery is only affected when AC power is disrupted and the battery begins powering the machine.
Humidifier Use Tips
The Respironics Travel Battery will power the heated humidifier for the System One series machines whether the battery is being used in UPS mode (connected to AC power) or standalone mode. However, if using a Dreamstation machine in standalone mode, the humidifier will be disabled. In UPS mode, the battery will power the humidifier if AC power fails. Please note that use of the heated humidifier and other accessories will reduce the run time of the battery.
To view the battery charge level, press the round button on the side of the battery's display. The lights will begin blinking in 1 to 5 circles to indicate the level of charge remaining. It takes approximately 3 hours to fully charge the battery once the charge is completely used. Upon opening the battery, it will need to be charged as it will not be fully charged. Please Note: Leaving the device cable in the battery without being attached to a power source may deplete the battery.
To charge the battery or power the CPAP device, match the color coded areas of the device cable (not included) with the corresponding coded areas on the battery. If charging the battery for the first time it is best to allow the battery to charge to full capacity.
Charging from a DC Source Per the manufacturer, it is best to avoid charging the battery from a DC source. Charging the PAP travel battery from a vehicle may completely exhaust the car battery. It is suggested that the battery be recharged from an AC power source.
This battery can be charged internationally, as the charger can be used with AC currents from 100V to 240V. Plug adapters such as the World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs will be needed to convert the outlet.
50 Series Adapters
The Respironics battery kit comes with two separate adapters for use on 50 Series machines, one to power the machine, the other to charge the battery. The smaller adapter with the black interior is designed to power the 50 Series device by connecting the green portion of the device cable to the back of the machine. The larger adapter with the silver interior is placed in the green slot on the back of the battery to connect the device's power supply to the battery for charging.
To clean the battery cell, use a damp cloth to gently clean the exterior of the battery. Do not submerge the battery in water.
The manufacturer suggests removing the battery from the travel case when in UPS mode or when in use. Do not put the machine on top of the battery.