- Recharge Time: 3 Hours (When Fully Depleted)
- Run Time: 14 Hours at 10cm H2O or less, No Humidifier or Heated Tube
- Battery Life: Approx. 1,000 Cycles
FAA Battery Regulations
Here are the regulations from the FAA explaining its policies on what types of batteries are acceptable for bringing on a flight:
FAA Regulations for Batteries
Per the manufacturer, this lithium-ion battery meets the requirements for in-flight use.
Battery Run Time Tips
As with the use of any CPAP battery, run times can be lowered by the following factors:
- Pressure Setting: As the pressure setting increases, the draw on power will be greater.
- Altitude: More power may be used at higher altitudes due to the increased effort of the CPAP equipment to output a set pressure
- Humidification: Use of a heated humidifier with your sleep therapy device may reduce the battery's run time by half or more. If possible, turn the heat setting off, completely or remove the heated humidifier.
- Inverters: Similar to heated humidifiers, inverters may greatly reduce the run time of the battery. If a DC option exists, use a compatible DC cord rather than an inverter to achieve a greater run time.
- Battery Age: Rechargeable lithium-ion batteries will gradually decrease their max charge held as they age. Under normal conditions, the lifespan of the Respironics Travel Battery for 60 Series and DreamStation machines is 1,000 cycles.
When in UPS mode and connected to AC power, the battery can be connected to the CPAP without depleting the battery, as long as it is not powering the device. The battery is bypassed when receiving AC power from the outlet, providing the AC power directly to the machine. The life cycle of the battery is only affected when AC power is disrupted and the battery begins powering the machine.
Humidifier Use Tips
The Respironics Travel Battery will power the heated humidifier for the System One series machines whether the battery is being used in UPS mode (connected to AC power) or standalone mode. However, if using a Dreamstation machine in standalone mode, the humidifier will be disabled. In UPS mode, the battery will power the humidifier if AC power fails. Please note that the use of the heated humidifier and other accessories, such as heated tubing, will reduce the run time of the CPAP battery pack.
To view the battery charge level, press the round button on the side of the battery's display. The lights will begin blinking in 1 to 5 circles to indicate the level of charge remaining. It takes approximately 3 hours to fully charge the battery once the charge is completely used. Upon opening the battery, it will need to be charged as it will not be fully charged. Please Note: Leaving the device cable in the battery without being attached to a power source may deplete the battery.
To charge the battery or power the CPAP device, match the color-coded areas of the device cable (not included) with the corresponding coded areas on the battery. If charging the battery for the first time it is best to allow the battery to charge to full capacity.
Charging from a DC Source Per the manufacturer, it is best to avoid charging the battery from a DC source. Charging the PAP travel battery from a vehicle may completely exhaust the car battery. It is suggested that the battery be recharged from an AC power source.
This battery can be charged internationally, as the charger can be used with AC currents from 100V to 240V. Plug adapters such as the World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs will be needed to convert the outlet.
The manufacturer suggests removing the battery from the travel case when in UPS mode or when in use. Do not put the machine on top of the battery.
Packaging Date Stamp Explanation
The dates recorded on battery packaging are internal dates used by the manufacturer indicating when they were checked/charged before shipment, they are not expiration dates of the battery's lifecycle.
To clean the battery cell, use a damp cloth to gently clean the exterior of the battery. Do not submerge the battery in water.