PR System One REMstar 60 Series Plus CPAP Machine with C-Flex
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model herePR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
PR System One 60 Series Plus CPAP Overview
Philips Respironics' proven line of REMStar Plus CPAPs now includes the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Plus CPAP Machine with C-Flex. Further enhance the features found in the line by adding the OPTIONAL System One 60 Series Heated Humidifier with Heated Tube to increase the humidification level provided while reducing the chance of rainout.
The PR System One REMStar 60 Series Plus CPAP Machine with C-Flex blends the comfort of C-Flex found in the PR System One REMstar Plus CPAP Machine with C-Flex with the advanced humidification of the Optional System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube.
- System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube - Optional
- C-Flex Pressure Relief
- System One Resistance Control
System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube
Increase the comfort of CPAP therapy by adding the optional System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube. Philips Respironics has redesigned the System One Humidifier to increase water surface area for humidification output. The Heated Tube comes with the purchase of the heated tube humidifier and snaps on and off the humidifier port with ease.
By adding a Heated Tube to their System One Humidity System, PR manages rainout and reduces the chance of water damage to the machine all while maximizing comfort. The relative humidity that is delivered to the mask is adjusted by analyzing the ambient room temperature and machine airflow. The Heated Tube is the slim style of 15 mm and maintains the desired temperature evenly from the machine to the mask.
Use the on-screen menu to select one of three available levels of relative humidity (70, 80 or 90 percent). Step two, use the control dial to select from 5 levels of heated tube temperature, ranging from 4 to 16 degrees above room temperature. Easily maintain the optimum humidification level at the mask using the System One 60 Series assembly.
The System One Dry Box technology reduces the chance of water damage to the CPAP using design features which prevent water from exiting the chamber and entering the machine. Additionally, a center air outlet port minimizes total water displacement and uses a one way valve so water cannot exit the chamber. If water were to escape the chamber it is trapped by the Dry Box.
C-Flex Family Technology
Philips Respironics pioneered Flex Technology. The natural breath-by-breath patterns of Flex enhance traditional therapy and improve compliance by providing more comfortable pressures. This is especially true in the case of a new user adapting to therapy and adjusting to breathing with air stream flow.
System One Resistance Control
System One Resistance Control was developed by PR and considers the resistance of the mask in the therapy system. The machine reaches optimal pressure by using a numbering system that allows the CPAP device to recognize the mask that is used with treatment and compensating for it.
Important Compatibility Note
The PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Pro can only be used with the optional 60 Series Heated Humidifier. The optional Heated Tube CANNOT BE used with any other PR System One machines and humidifiers. The external power supply used by a 60 Series system IS NOT compatible with other units in the Philips Respironics line of products.
The REMstar 60 Series Plus CPAP is not compatible with earlier versions of the PR System One Heated Humidifier.
Further the Heated Humidifier and Heated Tube that interface with the PREMstar 60 Series Plus CPAP is not compatible with the PR System One REMstar Plus CPAP Machine with C-Flex or any other machines in the PR System One product line.
The 60 Series machines and humidifiers cannot physically be attached to earlier versions in the Philips Respironics line of products.
See the Important Tips tab on this product page for further information.
This Product Includes...
- System One REMStar 60 Series Plus CPAP
- System One REMStar 60 Series Power Supply and Cord
- Carrying Case
- SD Memory Card
- Reusable Foam Filter (2)
- Patient Manual
- Clinical Quick Setup Guide
Pressure Range: 4-20 cm H20 (.5 increments)
Ramp Time: 0 to 45 min. (5-min. increments)
Starting Ramp Pressure: 4 to CPAP; user adjustable
Sound Level: 29 dB
Dimensions - Machine Alone: 7 in L x 5.5 in W x 4 in H (18 cm L x 14 cm W x 10 cm H)
Dimensions - Machine with Heated Tube Humidifier: 10.75 in L x 6.5 in W x 4 in H (27 cm L x 16.5 cm W x 10 cm H)
Weight - Machine Alone: 3 lbs / 1.36kg
Dimensions of 60 Watt Power Supply (For Use Without Heated Tube) - Not Including Cord or Plug: 4.75 in x 2.75 in x 1.75 in
Weight of 60 Watt Power Supply - Not Including Cord: 14.72 oz (0.92 lbs)
Dimensions of 80 Watt Power Supply (For Use With Heated Tube) - Not Including Cord or Plug: 6 in x 2.75 in x 1.75 in
Weight of 80 Watt Power Supply (For Use With Heated Tube) - Not Including Cord: 1 lb 3.04 oz
AC Power Consumption (with 60 W power supply): 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.1 A max.
AC Power Consumption (with 80 W power supply): 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.0 A max.
DC Power Consumption: 12 VDC, 6.67 A
Altitude Compensation: Manual - Maximum height 7500 feet.
Filters Pollen and optional ultra-fine
Device Set-Up LCD/Control Wheel or Encore Software
Data Storage Capacity
- Display: Compliance VIC. 7-Day and 30-Day averages
- SD Card >1 Year Compliance Data
- On-board: up to 6 months
Compliance Meter Breathing detection
Electrical Requirements 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 12volt DC
European Voltage Usage: Yes, outlet adapters required
Max Exposure Heat for Machine Machine should not be exposed to heat greater than 140 degrees Fahrenheit
Sound Level - Mask Leak Alert: 35 dB, +/- 2 dB
Required Settings: 1 Pressure Setting is Required
Unless directed otherwise, CPAP.com will leave this machine at its default settings of:
- C-flex: 2
- Ramp: On
- Ramp Time: 5 Minutes
- Ramp Start: 4 cm H2O
- Auto On: On
- Auto Off: Off
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
Important Compatibility Notes:
The 60 Series Heated Humidifier that interfaces with PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines CANNOT be used with any other machines made by Philips Respironics including other versions of the PR System One REMStar line of machines. It is compatible only with System One REMStar 60 Series Machines.
There are physical characteristics which identify the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers. The humidifier used with the heated tube cannot physically be connected to any other versions of machine in the PR System One line. The heated tube is 72 inches in length.
Identifying PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers are charcoal gray with metallic silver side and instrument panels.
- Other PR System One units are dark gray with ivory colored side and instrument panels.
- The PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines have the words "System One" in raised or embossed letters stamped in silver on both the machine and humidifier.
- Other PR System One units do not have raised lettering, the branding information is painted onto the unit.
- Machine and Humidifier Connections
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers have a 6 pin connection between the machine and humidifier.
- Other PR System One Units have a 4 pin connection between the machine and humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers have a mechanical connection between the machine and humidifier
- Other PR System One Units have 2 tabs on the humidifier that fit into 2 slots on the machine.
- Model Number Reference
- Label identification example: the label on the bottom of the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP lists: "REMStar Auto"; "REF" of 560P; and Serial Number identified by "SN". The number 560 references the part number of the machine.
- The label on the bottom of other versions of System One machines lists: Machine name; "REF" that does not have the number "6" in the second position from the left; and Serial Number identified by "SN". For example the label on the bottom of a PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex lists "REMStar Auto" and "REF" of 550P. The number 550 references the part number of the machine.
Power Supply and Cord Included
Philips Respironics includes the power supply and cord with the purchase of this machine. Find a black flap secured with a hook and loop fastener on the interior wall of the bag. By pulling on the fabric tab, the fastener will release. The power supply and cord are placed within the pocket.
The PR System One Heated Tube for 60 Series Machines is a heated hose that integrates with the 60 Series Heated Humidifier. The heated tube connects to electrical ports on the humidifier.
Not using the Heated Humidifier? The heated tube can still be used by connecting to ports on the air outlet on the side of the machine. In this configuration, the hose will not heat and will act as a standard hose.
In addition to this heated tube that works with the System One 60 Series Machines, a traditional CPAP hose can be used. Set the size of hose you will be using in the Set Up Menu under "Tubing Type". Select either 15 mm or 22 mm depending on the size tube being used.
System One Resistance Control Settings
Please reference this link to find the resistance control setting for the different Philips Respironics masks: System One Resistance Control Settings.
Side Cover Panel
PLEASE NOTE: The manufacturer does NOT include the side cover panel when a 60 Series machine and heated humidifier are purchased together as a set. This part may be purchased separately: Side Panel for PR System One 60 Series CPAP Machines. If the machine is used without the humidifier, this plate may be snapped onto the side of the machine.
Optional System One 60 Series Heated Tube Set-Up
Philips Respironics provides these instructions for setting up the heated tube: System One 60 Series Heated Tube Set-Up
PR System One Humidifier Modes PR System One REMstar 60 machines version 1.22 or higher has two humidification modes:
- Classic Humidification
- System One Humidification
Version Note: To determine the version of software installed on a PR System One REMStar 60 machine, unplug the machine and plug it back into an outlet. The version is displayed on the screen when the unit is first plugged into an outlet. The humidification settings are displayed only when a PR System One Heated Humidifier is attached to the machine.
Classic Mode Humidification
The Classic mode of humidification allows the CPAP user to control the heat setting on the humidifier. The user will select "Classic" mode settings C1,C2, C3, C4 or C5. The "C" in front of the humidification setting indicates "Classic". C1 is the lowest level of humidification and C5 is the highest level of humidification.
Please Note: If the PR System One Heated Tube for 60 Series Machines is attached to the humidifier the Classic mode humidification will not be offered, only System One Humidification mode. To use the Classic mode of humidification attach a non-heated tube to the humidifier.
System One Humidification Mode
The System One Humidification uses the technology of the system to set the level of humidification delivered. The machine makes the decision based on the humidity present in the room air. The CPAP user decides how much they want to receive. A setting of 1 delivers the lowest humidity level and a setting of 5 delivers the highest level. The humidification setting will show 1 - 5. The letter "C" will NOT precede the number.
Passover Humidification, Heat Off
To turn the heated humidifier off, set the humidifier to zero "0". The air from the machine will pass over the water in the chamber acting as a passover Humidifier.
Setting the Humidification Mode and Level:
- The humidifier menu will only show when the humidifier is attached to the machine.
- Using the wheel on the machine, select "Setup" menu.
- Scroll down the menu offerings to locate: "SYSTEM ONE humidification".
- Set to "On" to allow the technology of the machine to set the amount of humidification delivered to the system based on the setting of 1 -5. When in the SYSTEM ONE humidification mode there is no letter indicator next to the number.
- Set to "Off" to control the heat setting manually. The letter "C" is displayed in front of the humidification number to indicate "Classic". C1 is the lowest heat setting and C5 is the highest heat level.
- Set the humidification level by adjusting the number to the right of "Humidifier", the menu item below SYSTEM ONE humidification. 1 is the least and 5 is the most humidification.
Power Supply and DC Cable
Please Note: If the 60 Series Plus CPAP machine is purchased individually it will include a 60 Watt power supply. If the 60 Series Plus CPAP machine is purchased with the heated tube humidifier and heated tube, it will include an 80 Watt power supply. The 60 Watt power supply will not power the heated tube. If using the Heated Tube Humidifier and Heated Tube, the 80 Watt power supply must be used to successfully heat the tube. The 60 watt supply weighs 10.95 oz and is 4.5" L x 2.75" W x 3" H with the cord wrapped around. The 80 watt supply weighs 1 lb 3 oz and is 6" L x 2.75" W x 3.25" H with the cord wrapped around.
The External 80 Watt Power Supply for PR System One REMstar 60 Series Machines is NOT compatible with other versions of PR System One machines. The connection peg that plugs into the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machine is a specific size and will fit only this machine. The external power supply for this machine has different specifications than the External Power Supply for PR System One REMstar CPAP and BiPAP Machines used with other machines in the Philips Respironics lines. The Power Cord that plugs the external power supply into the wall outlet is the same for all System One Machine.
The Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines that is compatible with PR System One 60 Series Machines works ONLY PR System One 60 Series Machines. The 12 Volt DC Power Cord (connects CPAP to cigarette lighter socket) used with other PR System One machines IS NOT compatible with PR System One 60 Series Machines.
On Screen Data
The on screen data is available after the user has reach "compliancy", which is measured by the number of instances of use that are 4 hours or greater in length. After 21 of the last 30 days of use are 4 hours or greater in length, the date will display on the screen, along with the data.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
This system operates automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
When traveling outside the US, the user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a World Traveler Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver.
Optional DC Cable
The machine can operate using DC Power using the Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines. This cord is compatible ONLY with PR System One 60 Series Machines. The 12 Volt DC Power Cord (connects CPAP to cigarette lighter socket) used with other PR System One machines IS NOT compatible with PR System One 60 Series Machines.
The Freedom Travel CPAP Battery is currently the best battery on the market to power your 60 Series machine. It makes a native connection without needing to buy an inverter or extra equipment to make it work. The Freedom is the next generation of the C-100 travel battery and is designed to work well with your 60 Series.
This portable battery pack is an external lead acid battery that is the ultimate in power, portability and convenience. This battery kit comes with the Respironics Battery Pack and the Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines.
A CPAP machine provides air at a constant prescribed pressure. The air is delivered to the person through a tube and a CPAP mask. CPAP therapy provides a constant airflow which keeps the airway open so uninterrupted breathing is maintained during sleep. The air stream eliminates Sleep Apnea events and allows the person to get a restful sleep.
The level of air pressure required to maintain your airway is determined during your sleep study. Your doctor will write a prescription for a CPAP machine set at that pressure.
CPAP therapy is delivered through a nasal mask that seals around the nose, nasal pillows which seal at the nasal opening, or nasal prong masks that seal inside the nares. Full face masks are available for a person who breathes through both the nose and mouth. Many innovative and comfortable options are available and advances in the delivery of CPAP therapy are continually occurring.
For instance: Some machines offer a comfort feature such as FLEX or EPR technology. It provides exhalation relief, a slight drop in pressure at the time of exhalation to help make therapy more natural. APAP, BiPAP and BiLevel machines offer various levels of pressure throughout the night.
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available machines, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click on the question mark for a definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Travel CPAP Comparison Chart
APAP Comparison Chart
BiPAP Comparison Chart
- Browse Our Machine Product Categories. These categories show each machine our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in house opinion of the quality of the machine based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
CPAP Machine Category
APAP (Auto Adjusting) Machine Category
BiPAP (Two Pressure) Machine Category
To see the list of what specifically comes with each machine, you can Browse for a machine. Then on the product page, click the "Specs" tab to see a full list of what comes with the machine.
We include information about the power needs and capacities on the CPAP.com pages our products. Please see the "POWER" tab on any machine product page for this information. You can also see a summary of the voltage range and whether it is DC capable on our Compare Charts.
Here is a video explaining differences in power cords and power supplies of various CPAP machines:
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
CPAP air is an irritant - to one degree or another - to everyone. In some cases the irritation dries out the nasal passages and may cause bleeding. It may also cause swelling, excess mucous, congestion or sneezing. The irritation may create a very fertile ground for infections to begin. The irritation may be cumulative, building up over time. The only way to reduce the irritation is to add moisture.
Humidification is therefore a critical part of CPAP Therapy.
There are two types of humidifiers:
Cold (Passover) Humidifiers
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
- By Live Chat: Click on the Chat Now field in the lower right hand corner of the CPAP.com page. If after hours, click Leave a message to enter your question and we will get back in touch with you.
- By Phone: 800.356.5221 (%WeekDayStart% - %WeekDayEnd% CST Mon-Fri; %WeekEndStart% - %WeekEndEnd% CST Sat)
- Email Us: email@example.com
- By Fax: 866.353.2727
- Could not find what you were looking for? Please send us your question. Question Submission Form
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
Cleaning and changing filters is the only maintenance required for a CPAP machine.
The filters are located at the back of the machine at the air intake.
Disposable filters and bacteria filters are not intended to be cleaned but rather changed out, disposing of the used filter. Manufacturers recommend changing the disposable filter once a month, more frequently if used in a very dusty environment.
The following are the different types of exhalation relief names by manufacturer.
- Philips Respironics = C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex and Bi-Flex
- Resmed = EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief)
- 3B Medical = RESlex
- Apex Medical = PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Pressure Relief
- Curative Medical = EUT (Expiratory Unloading Technology)
- DeVilbiss = SmartFlex
- Fisher & Paykel = SensAwake Technology
- Human Design Medical = Z-Breathe
- Somnetics = EZEX
Here are some machines with an exhalation relief feature:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
An example of a machine with C-Flex technology is the DreamStation CPAP Machine.
C-Flex Easy Breathing Technology Visual Graph
C-Flex+ Easy Breathing Technology Visual Graph
Here are some machines with C-Flex+:
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine
An example of a machine with A-Flex is the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth.
A-Flex Easy Breathing Technology Visual Graph
Bi-Flex Easy Breathing Technology Visual Graph
Here are some machines with Bi-Flex:
DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine
PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
Yes, you can travel by air with CPAP equipment. Sleep therapy should be used every night and your equipment should be taken along when traveling. The following information is intended as a general guideline and does not reflect any particular airline's policy. Check with your airline carrier to verify their policies regarding CPAP / BiLevel equipment.
- Generally in the USA, a CPAP machine and mask are NOT counted as a carry-on item.
- The CPAP carry case must meet the size restrictions set for carry-on items.
- Only items directly related to the medical treatment are included in the exception, any other items will count towards the carry-on allowance.
- Some airlines ask that you contact them 48 hours prior to the flight, especially if you are planning on using the machine on the flight. Before traveling, check the policy for the airline you will be using.
- Some airlines require documentation from a doctor stating the equipment is required by the user and must be kept with the user during travel.
- In some cases, an on-board electrical outlet may be available. If you plan to use the equipment during the flight, a battery backup should be carried in the event the on-board power is interrupted.
- Some locations in Asia and Europe may count the equipment used for Sleep Therapy as a carry on, but all airlines will allow it.
Air Travel: Call your airline. Each airline has a different policy on whether or not you can use your CPAP while in flight, and if they have a power source available.
Here is a letter from the manufacturer ResMed on the topic:
Here is a letter from the manufacturer Philips Respironics on the topic:
Philips Respironics Travel Letter
This is a big move up from my old Remstar. It's so quiet and I can go 2 nights on a tank for using the humidifier. Customer service was great and very fast shipping. more...
I'm very pleased with this unit so far. It has only been a week but I find iit more responsive to the in and out pressure than my earlier model (which is about 5 years old). I almost don't feel like there is any pressure but it's enough to do the job and it's much quieter too. The old one had a light humming like sound this one only has the air blowing but very softly. All in all I like it alot. more...
Like it very much. Its quiet, compact, and actually turn itself on and off when you put on the maskv and take it off. more...
Worked very well Thank you for the help and patience choosing this device
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerRespironicsResMedPhilips RespironicsTypeCPAPCPAPCPAPWarranty2 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level29 dB26.6 dBA25.8 dBAQuietYesYesYesManuals IncludedPatientPatient/Quick SetupPatient
DimensionsTravel SizedYesYesYesUnder 3 lbsYesYesYesMachine Weight2.2 lbs2.751.56 lbsEntire Weight6 lbs5.1 lbs4.37 lbsEntire Size6.5" x 10.75" x 4"10.04"x4.75"x5.91"11.7" x 7.6" x 3.3"Entire Package Size8 " x 14.75" x 8.5"13.24"x10"x5"15" x 8.5" x 5.5"Machine Size Only7" x 5.5" x 4"NA6.2" x 7.6" x 3.3"
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierSystem One 60 SeriesHumidAirDreamStation HumidifierBuilt-In HumidifierNoYesNoHeated Humidifier TypeIntegratedBuilt InIntegratedAmbient Rainout Reduction60 Series Heated TubeAutoClimateControlDreamStation Heated TubeIntegrated Heated HoseYesClimateLineAireYesHumidifier Water Capacity325 mL380mL325mL
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentNoNoNoPressure Range4-20cm H204-20cm H2O4 - 20 cm H2OEPAP Pressure RangeNANAN/AEasy BreathingC-FLexEPR with Easy-BreatheC-FlexRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeYesYesYesLeak CompensationYesYesYesMax Operating Altitude7,500 ft8,500 ft7,500 ft
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationYesYesYesVoltage Range100-240V AC100-240V100 - 240V ACOptional DC CableYesYesYesIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataNoNoNoData CardYesYesYesOptional SoftwareEncoreViewerResScanDreamMapper
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentManualAutoYesAuto ON/OFFYesYesYesMask Off AlertLCD; ALARMNoNoSpontaneousNoNoNoTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesYesBacklight Shuts OffYesYesYes