GoodKnight 420SP Travel CPAP Machine
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model hereZ2 Standard Travel CPAP Machine
The 420SP is the size of two VHS video cassettes stacked on top of each other. It is the lightest CPAP on the market. Best of all, it is built to last and backed by a two year manufacturer warranty which means that although it is a travel CPAP, you can plan on this little guy lasting as long as any other CPAP on the market. It is a great machine.
This model is no longer available. A suitable replacement for this single-pressure travel machine is the Z2 Standard Travel CPAP Machine. The Z2 is small, compact and lightweight— fits in the palm of your hand. It's also 29% quieter than the previous version, making it an ideal travel companion.
The Puritan Bennett GoodKnight 420SP CPAP includes the following features:
- Smallest, lightest CPAP on the market.
- SilverLining Data Management software option to download compliance and session data. (Software is sold separately.)
- International power supply to operate on any AC current from 110 to 240 without adjustment to the machine. (An adapter may be needed to plug the CPAP into a wall outlet outside the US.)
- Automatic altitude compensation adjustment.
- Direct DC operation without the need for a DC/AC inverter, just a cable and adapter which are sold separately.
- Automatic leak compensation.
- Two washable, reusable pollen filters are included; optional ultra-fine filters are available.
- Two year manufacturer warranty against defects.
- Does not have the pressure line, which is an upgrade from the 420s.
This Product Includes...
- 420SP CPAP Machine
- 6 Foot Hose
- Carrying Case
- 2 Reusable Foam Filters
- All Manuals
- Power Supply
|Pressure Range||4cm to 20cm H2O|
|Ramp Time||0 to 30 min|
|Starting Ramp Pressure||From 4cm up to CPAP pressure, patient-adjustable|
|Dimensions||5.6" x 2.9" x 7.7"|
|Weight||CPAP: 1.54 lbs.; Power Supply Module (included): .21 lbs.; Total weight 1.75 lbs.|
|Altitude Compensation||Automatic - maximum height 7800 feet.|
|Electrical Requirements||100 - 240 AC, 12volt DC|
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
This small CPAP has been very popular because of the size and weight, especially as a second machine for travelers, but it can certainly be your 'every night' machine with as long a life expectancy as any other CPAP. It is a great product.
The GoodKnight 420SP CPAP can be used with a separate passover or heated humidifier. We offer it packaged with a heated humidifier at a reduced price elsewhere on our site.
CPAP machines come with a six foot hose, a travel bag and manuals. Masks are not included and must be purchased separately. We will be happy to help you with sizing and offer suggestions on current popular masks.
The 420 line of machines can experience power problems when used with a Full Face Mask at pressures exceeding 15 CM/H2o. If you wish to use this mask configuration, please consider a different machine.
Error Note: If the machine displays an error 7 or "ER 7" this indicates an issue internally with the machine's blower. You can contact the provider of the machine to seek service if it is available, or the machine may need to be replaced.
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: Goodknight 420sp Machine.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
The Goodknight Series operate automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on the power needed.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
GoodKnight Series DC Power Cord with Cigarette Lighter Adapter
The Goodknight series come equipped with a DC plug on the back of the unit. This allows the user to connect the CPAP to an external DC battery source. Using a Puritan Bennett, 12volt DC Power Cord, the GoodKnight 420 Series can be powered by plugging into a cigarette lighter plug. This is ideal for traveling by car, boat, or recreational vehicle that is equipped with a cigarette lighter plug.
The Freedom Travel CPAP Battery is currently the best battery on the market to power your GoodKnight Series machine. It makes a native connection without needing to buy an inverter or extra equipment to make it work. The Freedom is the next generation of the C-100 travel battery and is designed to work well with your GoodKnight Series Machine.CPAP.com Battery Kit for GoodKnight 420 Series Machines
The 2.5 lb CPAP.com Battery Pack is surprisingly small and lightweight. The lithium ion battery can be recharged at any discharge level without losing charge time due to battery memory loss. This battery has been approved by the United Nations and Department of Transportation as tested safe for travel. This battery kit comes with the CPAP.com battery and the GoodKnight 420 Series 12 Volt DC Power Cord.
Respironics Battery Kit for GoodKnight 420 Series
This portable battery pack is an external lead acid battery that is the ultimate in power, portability and convenience. This battery kit comes with the Respironics battery and the GoodKnight 420 Series 12 Volt DC Power Cord.
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available machines, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click on the question mark for a definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Travel CPAP Comparison Chart
APAP Comparison Chart
BiPAP Comparison Chart
- Browse Our Machine Product Categories. These categories show each machine our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in house opinion of the quality of the machine based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
CPAP Machine Category
APAP (Auto Adjusting) Machine Category
BiPAP (Two Pressure) Machine Category
To see the list of what specifically comes with each machine, you can Browse for a machine. Then on the product page, click the "Specs" tab to see a full list of what comes with the machine.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
Cleaning and changing filters is the only maintenance required for a CPAP machine.
The filters are located at the back of the machine at the air intake.
The following are the different types of exhalation relief names by manufacturer.
- Philips Respironics = C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex and Bi-Flex
- Resmed = EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief)
- 3B Medical = RESlex
- Apex Medical = PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Pressure Relief
- Curative Medical = EUT (Expiratory Unloading Technology)
- DeVilbiss = SmartFlex
- Fisher & Paykel = SensAwake Technology
- Human Design Medical = Z-Breathe
- Somnetics = EZEX
Here are some machines with an exhalation relief feature:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
Inverters do require a lot of power. If you need to use an inverter to run your machine on battery power, the inverter will probably take about half the life off the battery.
To determine if your CPAP will operate without an inverter, look for a DC outlet on the machine, either at the back or on the side, with a single opening directly in the center. It should be labeled "DC POWER" or similar term. You can also review our Compare Charts to see if your machine has a optional DC cable option.
Here is a video describing different DC cable and battery options for various machines:
All the models CPAP.com sell contain power converters that enable the machine to operate on any AC current from 100 to 240 volts without any adjustment.
All machines can connect to DC power. Some machines are configured to operate on DC Power and have a DC power outlet. Other machines require AC power and will need an Inverter that turns DC power to AC power.
Having the proper equipment is the biggest key to successfully operating the machine from a battery. For example, if your machine does have a DC outlet and you want to run your machine from a marine battery, be sure to get the correct DC cable for the machine, as well as an adapter cable with alligator clips that fits over the cigarette lighter plug.
CPAP.com sells complete battery kits with everything you need for many machines including the correct cables for those machines and batteries. If you have questions about the specific power needs of your machine, review the 'Power' tab found on the machine's product page, or give us a call at 1-800-356-5221.
There are small, portable battery packs that will operate a CPAP set at 10cm for at least one night, or about eight hours. CPAP.com sells full Battery Kits that come with everything needed to run your machine off battery power including the correct cables needed for your machine and a battery. You can find the battery kit for your machine Here. On each battery kit page, you can input your machine and pressure setting to see an estimate battery life for your machine.
Some machines have batteries created to be used specifically with them only. Here are some of the machines we carry with integrated or specialized battery options:
Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
You can use your CPAP on board, just use batteries or make sure you're seated by a power outlet. You can call or reserve one of these seats online with most airlines. Alternatively visit Seat Guru , a website that works with most major airlines.
Be sure to bring spare parts and a back up mask. If you're in a bind, CPAP.com delivers all over the US and to most international destinations.
To prepare for your international travel, be sure to:
- Check the voltage of your destination. You may need a plug adapter for your machine.
- It is recommended to pack spare parts for your equipment.
- Review the general Travel Tips found in this section.
- It may be necessary to bring a travel-sized surge protector with you when you travel. Some countries have issues with power surges that can damage your machine. It's hard to say which country has power surges and which ones don't, so it's helpful to be prepared and bring a surge protector.
- While CPAP.com can ship internationally, we cannot guarantee any delivery date, and you may not want to incur the additional costs of having a replacement sent to your hotel.
great machine- very quiet
This little machine is great! It's very quiet, the ramp feature is really nice and it really is compact. more...
1 person found this helpful.
I'm very happy with the new cpap machine,much smaller than my last cpap and works better also.
1 person found this helpful.
GoodKnight 420SP CPAP is a reliable device
1 person found this helpful.
The first two nights were difficult getting accustomed to this mask, oxygen in my face and trying to breathe normally. more...
3 people found this helpful.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerPuritan BennettResMedApex MedicalTypeCPAPCPAPCPAPWarranty2 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level31-dB26.6 dBA28 dBQuietNoYesYesManuals IncludedPatient/ClinicianPatientPatient
DimensionsTravel SizedYesYesYesUnder 3 lbsYesYesYesMachine Weight1.75 lbs2.75 lbs1.87 lbsEntire Weight5.86 lbs5.1 lbs5.4 lbsEntire Size11" x 6.7" x 3.7"10.04"x4.75"x5.91"10 in x 6.75 in x 5.5 inEntire Package Size11" x 12.5" x 5"13.24"x10"x5"13 in x 7.5 in x 8.5 inMachine Size Only5.6" x 2.9" x 7.7"NA5.7 in x 5.1 in x 3.9 in
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierGoodKnight H2OHumidAirXT Heated HumidifierBuilt-In HumidifierNoYesNoHeated Humidifier TypeIntegratedBuilt InIntegratedAmbient Rainout ReductionNoNoNoIntegrated Heated HoseNoNoNoHumidifier Water Capacity380 mL300 mL
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentNoNoNoPressure Range4-20cm H204-20cm H2O4-20cm H2OEPAP Pressure RangeNANANAEasy BreathingNoEPRNoRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeYesYesYesLeak CompensationN/AYesNoMax Operating Altitude8,500 ft8,000 ft (4-18 cm)
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationYesYesNoVoltage Range100-240V AC100-240V100-240V ACOptional DC CableYesYesNoIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataOSNoNoData CardNoYesNoOptional SoftwareSilverLiningNoNo
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentAutoYesManualAuto ON/OFFNoNoNoMask Off AlertLCDNoNoSpontaneousNoNoNoTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesBacklight Shuts OffYesNo