Respironics Battery Kit for PR System One 60 Series Machines
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Respironics Battery Kit PR 60 Series Overview
Always have power available to run a CPAP or BiPAP machine with a Portable Battery Pack Kit. This kit only works with PR System One 60 Series Machines.
The Respironics Battery Kit for PR System One 60 Series Machines consists of:
Lead-acid Battery: Made by Respironics, this is a 14.4 AMP-HOUR, sealed lead-acid battery. It comes packaged with a carry case designed to hold the battery and the charger.
Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines. This kit includes the DC cord compatible with all PR System One 60 Series machines.
Switch Mode Charger: The 12V, 2.3A charger is designed to effectively charge a sealed, lead-acid battery while protecting the system from overcharging. NOTE: Remove the charger from the carry case PRIOR to charging the battery. Do not charge the battery with the charger in the carry case. The Respironics Battery Pack must be charged from an AC source.
Universal Voltage Input of 100-240 AC: The Respironics Battery Pack can be charged with AC current between 100 - 240V. This provides reverse polarity and short circuit protection.
Status Lights: Multi-colored charging status lights:
- RED: Connect the charger to the battery, then connect the wall outlet plug into a wall outlet. Watch the LED light when plugging in the charger. The LED light will turn RED once plugged into the wall outlet. The RED light indicates the charger is correctly connected to the battery. The light may be RED for only a short time before it changes to orange.
- ORANGE: During normal operation, the LED light turns ORANGE when the battery charge is 80-95% charged.
- GREEN: The LED light turns GREEN when the battery is fully charged. Disconnect the battery from the wall outlet and charger when the LED light turns Green.
Charge Time: Charging the battery from 0 (zero) to a full charge takes approximately 10 hours. If the battery has residual power stored, the charge time will be shorter. The battery MUST BE in the upright position during charging and use. Remove the battery from the charger once fully charged. Fully charge the battery before use. The battery should be fully charged before being stored. See the Specs Tab of this product page for more information on storage and usage.
Shelf Life: The Respironics Battery Pack has a charge shelf life of 6 - 9 months. Charge the battery prior to storage. The optimal temperature for storage 77°F. As the battery sits there will be a self discharge of power, with less residual charge as time passes. Do not allow the charge level to go below 20% - 25%. See the Specs Tab of this product page for more information on self discharge rates.
Estimated Run Times: Please see the "Machine Pressure and Battery Performance" feature below to estimate the battery run time for your machine at your pressure setting. Using a DC capable heated humidifier on a 12 volt battery power source will significantly reduce the amount of power provided. In most cases, battery run time is reduced to less than half the estimated operational time. Some older heated humidifiers will not heat with a DC power source and will instead act as a cool passover humidifier. CPAPs or BiPAPs requiring inverters reduce the power time even more.
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine
- PR System One REMstar 60 Series Plus CPAP Machine with C-Flex
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series SE CPAP Machine
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Pro with Bi-Flex
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP autoSV Advanced
This Product Includes...
- Respironics Battery Pack
- Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines
- 2 - Extra 8 AMP Fuses
- Instruction Booklet
- Battery Carry Case
- Battery Charger
- AC Power Cord
Battery Type: Sealed Lead Acid
Safety: Conforms to EN 60601-1
Battery Power Output: 14.4 Amp Hr
Battery Dimensions: 6.5" L x 7.5" W x 9" H
Battery Weight: 13 lbs, 10.7 oz. (6.2 kg)
Battery Position During Charge and Use: Upright Position
Charger Charging Voltage: 14.7 V
Charger Charging Current: 2.3 A
Charger Maximum Output Power: 35 W
Charger Cable Length: 67" Approx.
Operating Temperature - Discharging: -4° F to 122° F
Operating Temperature - Charging: 0° F to 104° F
Storage Temperature: Optimal Storage Temperature - 77°F Can be stored between 5°F to 104°F
Relative Humidity - Storage and Operating: 25% to 85%
Fuse: Mini 15 A (Examples: Littlefuse PN 297015 or Respironics PN 1044137)
Estimated Charge Time From 0 (Zero) to Full Charge: 10 Hours (Disconnect Charger When Fully Charged)
Charge Shelf Life: 6-9 Months (Fully Charge Prior to Storage - Maintain Minimum Charge of 20-25%)
Shelf Discharge Rate When Stored at 77° F:
- Residual Capacity at 3 Months: 91%
- Residual Capacity at 6 Months: 82%
- Residual Capacity at 12 Months: 64%
Battery Life: A Sealed Lead Acid Battery does not have an estimated number of times it can be charged. When the battery no longer holds a charge, or there is a decrease in capacity, discontinue use of the battery. To maintain the health of the battery, fully charge before storage in a cool environment, optimally 77°F.
Disposal: Sealed Lead Acid Batteries should be recycled and should be taken to a location where automotive starter batteries are accepted.
Warranty: 1 Year
Specs For: Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines
Weight of Cord: 11 oz
Overall Length 76 in Tip to Tip
Cord Length 72 in - Cord Only
Fuse 8 AMPs
DC Cord Manufacturer Warranty Period: 90 Days
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
This battery kit comes with the Respironics battery and the Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines.
The battery must be in an UPRIGHT POSITION during use and while charging.
User Manual: To view the Respironics Battery Pack manual, click HERE. This document holds a print date of 08/28/2009. It may provide information meant for older machines, please read through this important tips tab for current warnings and specifications.
Instructions for Charging the Respironics Battery Pack:
- Remove the charger from the front zippered pouch of the carry case.
- Plug the 12V power adapter (cigarette lighter adapter) of the charger into the 12V DC power port attached the battery pack.
- Plug the power cord into the adapter.
- Plug the power cord of the adapter into a wall outlet.
- WATCH the light on the charger when it is plugged into the wall outlet to ensure it turns RED, even if it is RED only briefly. The RED light indicates the charger is correctly connected to the battery. The light may be RED for only a short time before it changes to orange.
- ORANGE: During the normal charge operation, the LED light turns ORANGE when the battery charge is 80-95% charged.
- GREEN: The LED light turns GREEN when the battery is fully charged.
- Disconnect the battery from the wall outlet and charger when the LED light turns Green.
- Store the charger and cord in the front zippered pouch.
- It is recommended to maintain a minimum charge 20% to 25%. Fully charge the battery prior to storage.
- Partially charging the battery occasionally will not cause harm to this lead acid battery.
Replaceable AC Charger
If the AC charger should be lost or fail, a new one can be purchased. Visit the Battery Charger for Respironics Battery Pack page to view and order this item.
400 Watt Minimum DC to AC Inverters: The Respironics battery must be charged from an AC source. Charging the battery pack from a direct DC source is NOT recommended. An inverter converts DC power to AC power. The AC power can be used to charge the Respironics Battery Pack. The inverter must be a minimum of 400 Watt. Consider the 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter.
How to Tell the Difference Between a 60 Series and 50 Series Machine
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers are charcoal gray with metallic silver side and instrument panels.
- Original 50 Series PR System One units are dark gray with ivory colored side and instrument panels.
- The PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines have the words "System One" in raised or embossed letters stamped in silver on both the machine and humidifier.
- Original 50 Series PR System One units do not have raised lettering, the branding information is painted onto the unit.
- Machine and Humidifier Connections
- PR System One REMStar 60 SeriesMachines and Heated Humidifiers have a 6 pin connection between the machine and humidifier.
- Original 50 Series PR System One Units have a 4 pin connection between the machine and humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines and Heated Humidifiers have a mechanical connection between the machine and humidifier
- Original 50 Series PR System One Units have 2 tabs on the humidifier that fit into 2 slots on the machine.
- Model Number Reference
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines label identification example: the label on the bottom of the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP lists: "REMStar Auto"; "REF" of 560P; and Serial Number identified by "SN". The number 560 references the part number of the machine.
- Original 50 Series PR System One Machines label identification on the bottom of other versions of System One machines lists: Machine name; "REF" that does not have the number "6" in the second position from the left; and Serial Number identified by "SN". For example the label on the bottom of a PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex lists "REMStar Auto" and "REF" of 550P. The number 550 references the part number of the machine.
Air Travel: The Respironics Battery Pack uses a sealed, lead-acid battery, which are allowed as carry-on luggage by the FAA and TSA. In-flight use will be determined by the airline and should be contacted on an airline-by-airline basis.
Preparing For Travel: We suggest purchasing the battery pack far enough in advance so the battery can be tested with the your CPAP machine. This allows you to determine the actual run time using the machine at your pressure setting. Additionally you can test whether or not heated humidification is required for your comfort.
Regarding Heated Humidifiers:
For optimum performance of the battery pack, plan to use the CPAP without a heated humidifier. Alternately, connect the humidifier but do not turn on the power. Add water to the chamber as usual and the humidifier will act as a passover, non-heated humidifier.
Using a heated humidifier on a 12volt battery power source will significantly reduce the amount of power provided. In most cases, usage is reduced to less than half the estimated operational time. CPAPs or BiPAPs requiring inverters reduce the power time even more.
Please note that some heated humidifiers are not capable of being operated on 12volt battery power sources. PR System One and PR System One 60 Series heated humidifiers will heat and will draw significant battery power. The M Series heated humidifiers with the 6'' 'pigtail' connectors are capable of running on 12volt DC power sources. Earlier model M Series heated humidifiers without the pigtail are not 12Volt capable, nor are the Legacy model REMstar and stand-alone H2 humidifiers. The older non-DC capable humidifiers will act as cool passover humidifiers and will not heat.
WARNINGS AND CAUTIONS:
- DO NOT store the battery in a very hot environment such as a vehicle in hot weather, in direct sunlight or near a heat source such as camp fire or stove. The battery may corrode, ignite or create an electrical shock hazard.
- The battery MUST be in an upright position during charging and use.
- Remove the charger from the carrying case BEFORE charging the battery.
- DO NOT drop the battery or strike with heavy objects. Damage or deterioration may result from dropping or striking.
- If the battery leaks and the gel spills on the skin or clothing, IMMEDIATELY wash it off with plenty of water. If the gel comes in contact with your eyes, immediately flush your eyes with plenty of clean water and seek medical attention.
- Use the battery in a well ventilated area.
- Replace the battery if it fails to charge or you notice a decrease in capacity.
- Inspect the power cord for signs of damage. Discontinue use and replace the charger (enclosure of cord) if it is damaged.
- Do not underestimate the weight of the battery.
- Battery Fuse: To ensure proper operation of your battery, use a 15A fuse only.
- Some older heated humidifiers will not heat when using DC power. They will instead act as a cool passover humidifier.
We include information about the power needs and capacities on the CPAP.com pages our products. Please see the "POWER" tab on any machine product page for this information. You can also see a summary of the voltage range and whether it is DC capable on our Compare Charts.
Here is a video explaining differences in power cords and power supplies of various CPAP machines:
Inverters do require a lot of power. If you need to use an inverter to run your machine on battery power, the inverter will probably take about half the life off the battery.
To determine if your CPAP will operate without an inverter, look for a DC outlet on the machine, either at the back or on the side, with a single opening directly in the center. It should be labeled "DC POWER" or similar term. You can also review our Compare Charts to see if your machine has a optional DC cable option.
Here is a video describing different DC cable and battery options for various machines:
All machines can connect to DC power. Some machines are configured to operate on DC Power and have a DC power outlet. Other machines require AC power and will need an Inverter that turns DC power to AC power.
Having the proper equipment is the biggest key to successfully operating the machine from a battery. For example, if your machine does have a DC outlet and you want to run your machine from a marine battery, be sure to get the correct DC cable for the machine, as well as an adapter cable with alligator clips that fits over the cigarette lighter plug.
CPAP.com sells complete battery kits with everything you need for many machines including the correct cables for those machines and batteries. If you have questions about the specific power needs of your machine, review the 'Power' tab found on the machine's product page, or give us a call at 1-800-356-5221.
Please note that some heated humidifiers are not capable of being operated on 12volt battery power sources.
For optimum performance of your battery, plan to use your CPAP without the heated humidifier. You may also have the humidifier connected and filled with water, but without the power turned on. This changes a typical heated humidifier into a passive humidifier.
We suggest testing the battery setup you are planning to use with your machine in advance. To determine the actual amount of power time you will receive and whether or not heated humidification is required for your comfort, test the battery at home before traveling.
There are small, portable battery packs that will operate a CPAP set at 10cm for at least one night, or about eight hours. CPAP.com sells full Battery Kits that come with everything needed to run your machine off battery power including the correct cables needed for your machine and a battery. You can find the battery kit for your machine Here. On each battery kit page, you can input your machine and pressure setting to see an estimate battery life for your machine.
Some machines have batteries created to be used specifically with them only. Here are some of the machines we carry with integrated or specialized battery options:
Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
CPAP.com sells Battery Packs to accompany your machine if an integrated battery is not available. Visit CPAPtalk for more advice specific to your needs, or view this past thread on the topic here.
I just got back from a three day camping trip off the grid and it gave me 3 nights of restful sleep. No issues whatsoever. It does come as a complete kit with everything you need to charge it if needed so I don't know why they sell the separate car charger but it was a great purchase that I hope to use frequently. more...
Battery works great. However had issues getting it through Airline Security.
The adapter did not fit into the back of my CPAP. I used a connector from another device to make work.
Very easy to understand the instructions charged fully within 2 hrs.
1 person found this helpful.
I bought this unit for a planned 5 night camping trip. I charged the unit and tested at home to ensure it would work correctly when camping. I was able to use the battery for 5 nights (35 or so hours) using a pressure setting of 9. It finally gave out on night 6, wanted to see how long it would go. Took it camping the following week and it worked flawlessly. Great product! more...
4 people found this helpful.