"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERmachine is quiet, reliable and has a good medical equipment name on it. I excpect it will work for a long time"
November 1, 2011
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThis is at least the third cpap machine I have ordered and am very pleased with the fast delivery and the machine. Small but effective."
April 30, 2015
Respironics introduces "System One" through PR Series of CPAP machines. The PR 150 CPAP machine is the entry level system and uses the new System One technologies like Humidity Control with Dry Box and Resistance Control.
Manufactured by Philips Respironics.
System One Humidity Control (optional)
The PR CPAP humidifier and water chamber design are breakthroughs for managing rain-out and water damage. System One Humidity Control technology analyzes ambient temperature and patient airflow to reach relative humidity at the mask. Choose from 5 levels of relative humidity.
System One is the first humidifier in the industry which accounts for room humidity. Sensors inside and outside the CPAP machine closely monitor changes in humidity and prevents condensation from forming inside the tube.
Dry Box technology is another breakthrough in reducing water damage to the CPAP. Several unique designs are incorporated into the humidifier to prevent water from exiting the chamber. To start, the air outlet port has been moved from the side of the humidifier onto the top. This centers the entire delivery; minimizing the total water displacement around the hole. The water chamber is outfitted with one-way valve, between the machine and the humidifier. Any water that manages to escape the chamber gets trapped within the Dry Box, which acts as a reservoir for any water ingress past the valve.
System One and Dry Box Technology make it possible for the PR CPAP machines to be truly spill-free. This humidifier, even with a chamber filled to the "Full" indicator line, can be tilted, shaken, and even turned upside down without water leaking back into the device.
System One Resistance Control
Respironics wanted a machine to achieve optimal pressure no matter which mask is used. Resistance Control is the solution, a numbering system on all of Respironics CPAP masks based on variable resistance characteristics. Each number instructs the device to compensate for different mask types. The result? A consistent and reliable pressure enhanced with all the benefits of Flex Technology no matter which mask is used.
Encore Data Management and Reporting
On-board memory has been added to the CPAP as well as storing information on a generic SD Memory card and reads through any SD card reader. This machine only tracks and shows compliance data through the on machine display or through the Encore Software.
This Product Includes...
- PR 150 CPAP
- Carrying Case
- 6 Foot Performance Tubing
- Power Supply and Cord
- Reusable Foam Filter (2)
- Patient Manual
- Clinical Quick Setup Guide
- SD Memory Card
Pressure Range 4-20 cm H2O (.5 increments)
Ramp Time 0 to 45 min. (5-min. increments)
Starting Ramp Pressure 4 to CPAP; user adjustable
Dimensions7" L x 5.5" W x 4" H 18 cm L x 14 cm W x 10 cm H
Weight 3 lbs / 1.36kg
Altitude Compensation Manual - Maximum height 7500 feet.
Filters Pollen and optional ultra-fine
Device Set-Up LCD/Control Wheel or Encore Software
Data Storage Capacity
- Display: Compliance VIC. 7-Day and 30-Day averages
- SD Card >1 year (daily details with flow waveforms)
- On-board: up to 6 months
Electrical Requirements 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 12volt DC
European Voltage Usage Yes, outlet adapters required
Max Exposure Heat for Machine Machine should not be exposed to heat greater than 140 degrees Fahrenheit
Required Settings: 1 Pressure Setting is Required
Unless directed otherwise, CPAP.com will leave this machine at its default settings of:
- Ramp: On
- Ramp Time: 5 Minutes
- Ramp Start: 4 cm H2O
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
Respironics listened to the CPAP community and removed the "blue light" LED. The PR was placed in a dark room and the new power light could barely be seen. No more insomnia from excess system lights. The only common parts shared with the M series is the Power Supply. The PR system comes with a separate, external power brick and allows the overall CPAP to stay compact.
Error in the Manual.
The manual says this machine includes an Auto On/Off feature but our in house testing results show that it does not. We are offering this machine for sale WITHOUT this feature as a result and have made Respironics aware of the issue.
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: REMstar CPAP Machine.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
Power Supply and Cord Included
Philips Respironics includes the power supply and cord with the purchase of this machine. Find a black flap secured with a hook and loop fastener on the interior wall of the bag. By pulling on the fabric tab, the fastener will release. The power supply and cord are placed within the pocket.
Humidifier Modes PR System One Heated Humidifiers Version 1.22 or higher have two modes:
- System One Humidification
NOTE: The version of software installed on a machine is displayed on the screen when the unit is plugged into an outlet. The Humidification settings are displayed only when a PR System One Heated Humidifier is attached to the machine.
The CPAP user who wants to control the heat setting on the humidifier should select "Classic" mode settings C1,C2, C3, C4 or C5. The "C" in front of the humidification setting indicates "Classic". This allows you to set the level of humidification.
System One Humidification Mode
The CPAP User who wants to allow the technology of the System One Humidification to set the level of humidification delivered based on the humidity present in the room air should select "System One Humidification". The humidification setting will show 1 - 5 but WITHOUT a "C" preceding the number.
If set to zero "0", the humidifier will act as a Passover Humidifier.
Accessing Humidification Settings:
- Humidifier must be attached to the machine
- Access the Set Up menu
- Scroll down the menu offerings to locate: "System One Humidification"
- If set to "On", the technology will set the amount of humidification delivered to the system based on the setting of 1 -5 with 1 being the least and 5 being the most
- If set to "Off", the user controls the heat setting based on C1-C5 with C1 being the lowest heat and C5 being the highest heat.
This system operates automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
Universal 12 Volt DC Power Cord
This machine come equipped with a DC plug on the back of the unit. This allows the user to connect the CPAP to an external DC battery source. The machine can be powered by plugging the 12volt DC Power Cord into a cigarette lighter plug. This is ideal for traveling by car, boat, or recreational vehicle that is equipped with a cigarette lighter plug.
C-100 Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines
Weighing in at only 1.16 pounds the C-100 Battery is a terrific option for travel. Plus, the C-100 comes with a DC cable and connector peg suitable for use with the PR System One REMstar DS150 CPAP Machine so no need to purchase a separate DC cable. This lithium ion battery meets UN Manual Test and Criteria requirements for travel. The C-100 Pack includes many accessories and a handy carry case designed to allow the the cords to be attached with the battery inside the case.
Respironics Battery Kit with Universal 12 Volt DC Cable
This portable battery pack is an external lead acid battery that is the ultimate in power, portability and convenience. This battery kit comes with the Respironics battery and the 12 Volt DC Power Cord (connects CPAP to cigarette lighter socket).