Respironics listened to the CPAP community and removed the "blue light" LED. The PR was placed in a dark room and the new power light could barely be seen. No more insomnia from excess system lights. The only common parts shared with the M series is the Power Supply. The PR system comes with a separate, external power brick and allows the overall CPAP to stay compact.
Error in the Manual.
The manual says this machine includes an Auto On/Off feature but our in house testing results show that it does not. We are offering this machine for sale WITHOUT this feature as a result and have made Respironics aware of the issue.
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: REMstar CPAP Machine.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
Power Supply and Cord Included
Philips Respironics includes the power supply and cord with the purchase of this machine. Find a black flap secured with a hook and loop fastener on the interior wall of the bag. By pulling on the fabric tab, the fastener will release. The power supply and cord are placed within the pocket.
Humidifier Modes PR System One Heated Humidifiers Version 1.22 or higher have two modes:
- System One Humidification
NOTE: The version of software installed on a machine is displayed on the screen when the unit is plugged into an outlet. The Humidification settings are displayed only when a PR System One Heated Humidifier is attached to the machine.
The CPAP user who wants to control the heat setting on the humidifier should select "Classic" mode settings C1,C2, C3, C4 or C5. The "C" in front of the humidification setting indicates "Classic". This allows you to set the level of humidification.
System One Humidification Mode
The CPAP User who wants to allow the technology of the System One Humidification to set the level of humidification delivered based on the humidity present in the room air should select "System One Humidification". The humidification setting will show 1 - 5 but WITHOUT a "C" preceding the number.
If set to zero "0", the humidifier will act as a Passover Humidifier.
Accessing Humidification Settings:
- Humidifier must be attached to the machine
- Access the Set Up menu
- Scroll down the menu offerings to locate: "System One Humidification"
- If set to "On", the technology will set the amount of humidification delivered to the system based on the setting of 1 -5 with 1 being the least and 5 being the most
- If set to "Off", the user controls the heat setting based on C1-C5 with C1 being the lowest heat and C5 being the highest heat.