PR System One REMstar Pro CPAP Machine with C-Flex Plus
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model hereDreamStation Pro CPAP Machine
PR System One Pro CPAP Machine Overview
System One Humidity Control (optional)
The PR CPAP humidifier and water chamber design are breakthroughs for managing rain-out and water damage. System One Humidity Control technology analyzes ambient temperature and patient airflow to reach relative humidity at the mask. Choose from 5 levels of relative humidity.
System One is the first humidifier in the industry which accounts for room humidity. Sensors inside and outside the CPAP machine closely monitor changes in humidity and prevents condensation from forming inside the tube.
Dry Box technology is another breakthrough in reducing water damage to the CPAP. Several unique designs are incorporated into the humidifier to prevent water from exiting the chamber. To start, the air outlet port has been moved from the side of the humidifier onto the top. This centers the entire delivery; minimizing the total water displacement around the hole. The water chamber is outfitted with one-way valve, between the machine and the humidifier. Any water that manages to escape the chamber gets trapped within the Dry Box, which acts as a reservoir for any water ingress past the valve.
System One and Dry Box Technology make it possible for the PR CPAP machines to be truly spill-free. This humidifier, even with a chamber filled to the "Full" indicator line, can be tilted, shaken, and even turned upside down without water leaking back into the device.
System One Resistance Control
Respironics wanted a machine to achieve optimal pressure no matter which mask is used. Resistance Control is the solution, a numbering system on all of Respironics CPAP masks based on variable resistance characteristics. Each number instructs the device to compensate for different mask types. The result? A consistent and reliable pressure enhanced with all the benefits of Flex Technology no matter which mask is used.
Flex Family Technology
Flex Technology is designed to enhance traditional CPAP therapy; maintaining effective therapy at minimal pressures. Users new to CPAP equipment find the Flex feature provides airflow at just the right pressure relief for every breath and makes adapting to CPAP therapy easier.
C-Flex offers a comfortable way to deliver sleep therapy by giving pressure relief at exhalation. Pressure is lowered based on a breath-per-breath analysis and provides up to 3 levels of relief based on the patient's expiratory flow.
C-Flex Plus is a new enhancement added to PR Pro and Auto CPAP machines. Similar to C-Flex, the technology provides pressure relief during exhalation based on expiratory flow. C-Flex Plus minimizes the pressure transition and provides additional comfort when in fixed-CPAP mode. In addition, C-Flex Plus softens the breathing cycle between inhalation to exhalation.
Encore Data Management and Reporting
On-board memory has been added to the CPAP as well as storing information on a generic SD Memory card and reads through any SD card reader. Use EncoreViewer Software to monitor therapy effectiveness through a series of reports. A new Patient Flow and Event report enables users to view a weekly breakdown on per-breath basis. Patient data is used to identify particular conditions and events with specific colors.
This Product Includes...
Ramp Time: 0 to 45 min. (5-min. increments)
Starting Ramp Pressure: 4 to CPAP; user adjustable
Dimensions: 7" L x 5.5" W x 4" H 18 cm L x 14 cm W x 10 cm H
Weight: 3 lbs / 1.36kg
Filters: Pollen and optional ultra-fine
Device Set-Up: LCD/Control Wheel or Encore Software
Data Storage Capacity:
- Display: Compliance, AHI, Leak, Pressure 7-Day and 30-Day averages
- SD Card: >1 year (daily details with flow waveforms)
- On-board: up to 6 months
Compliance Meter: Breathing detection
Electrical Requirements: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz (An adapter may be needed to plug the CPAP into a wall outlet outside the US.) 12volt DC
Max Exposure Heat for Machine: Machine should not be exposed to heat greater than 140 degrees Fahrenheit
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
Respironics listened to the CPAP community and removed the "blue light" LED. The PR was placed in a dark room and the new power light could barely be seen. No more insomnia from excess system lights. The only common parts shared with the M series is the Power Supply. The PR system comes with a separate, external power brick and allows the overall CPAP to stay compact.
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: REMstar CPAP Machine.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
Humidifier Modes PR System One Heated Humidifiers Version 1.22 or higher have two modes:
- System One Humidification
NOTE: The version of software installed on a machine is displayed on the screen when the unit is plugged into an outlet. The Humidification settings are displayed only when a PR System One Heated Humidifier is attached to the machine.
The CPAP user who wants to control the heat setting on the humidifier should select "Classic" mode settings C1,C2, C3, C4 or C5. The "C" in front of the humidification setting indicates "Classic". This allows you to set the level of humidification.
System One Humidification Mode
The CPAP User who wants to allow the technology of the System One Humidification to set the level of humidification delivered based on the humidity present in the room air should select "System One Humidification". The humidification setting will show 1 - 5 but WITHOUT a "C" preceding the number.
If set to zero "0", the humidifier will act as a Passover Humidifier.
Accessing Humidification Settings:
- Humidifier must be attached to the machine
- Access the Set Up menu
- Scroll down the menu offerings to locate: "System One Humidification"
- If set to "On", the technology will set the amount of humidification delivered to the system based on the setting of 1 -5 with 1 being the least and 5 being the most
- If set to "Off", the user controls the heat setting based on C1-C5 with C1 being the lowest heat and C5 being the highest heat.
This system operates automatically between 110v and 240v AC. When traveling either inside or outside the USA, there are no switches to switch or fuses to change. The machine will automatically sense what voltage is needed and set itself to run on that power.
The user will need to adapt the plug that goes into the wall to fit the style of outlet socket that is being used. This is simply done with a Power Adapter Plug kit. This is the same type of plug adapter that would be used with a hair dryer or an electric shaver. World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
Universal 12 Volt DC Power Cord
This machine come equipped with a DC plug on the back of the unit. This allows the user to connect the CPAP to an external DC battery source. The machine can be powered by plugging the 12volt DC Power Cord into a cigarette lighter plug. This is ideal for traveling by car, boat, or recreational vehicle that is equipped with a cigarette lighter plug.
C-100 Travel Battery Pack for CPAP Machines
Weighing in at only 1.16 pounds the C-100 Battery is a terrific option for travel. Plus, the C-100 comes with a DC cable and connector peg suitable for use with the PR System One REMstar Pro CPAP Machine with C-Flex Plus so no need to purchase a separate DC cable. This lithium ion battery meets UN Manual Test and Criteria requirements for travel. The C-100 Pack includes many accessories and a handy carry case designed to allow the the cords to be attached with the battery inside the case.
Respironics Battery Kit with Universal 12 Volt DC Cable
This portable battery pack is an external lead acid battery that is the ultimate in power, portability and convenience. This battery kit comes with the Respironics battery and the 12 Volt DC Power Cord (connects CPAP to cigarette lighter socket).
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available machines, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click on the question mark for a definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Travel CPAP Comparison Chart
APAP Comparison Chart
BiPAP Comparison Chart
- Browse Our Machine Product Categories. These categories show each machine our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in house opinion of the quality of the machine based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
CPAP Machine Category
APAP (Auto Adjusting) Machine Category
BiPAP (Two Pressure) Machine Category
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
To see the list of what specifically comes with each machine, you can Browse for a machine. Then on the product page, click the "Specs" tab to see a full list of what comes with the machine.
Cleaning and changing filters is the only maintenance required for a CPAP machine.
The filters are located at the back of the machine at the air intake.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to email@example.com
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
The following are the different types of exhalation relief names by manufacturer.
- Philips Respironics = C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex and Bi-Flex
- Resmed = EPR (Expiratory Pressure Relief)
- 3B Medical = RESlex
- Apex Medical = PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) Pressure Relief
- Curative Medical = EUT (Expiratory Unloading Technology)
- DeVilbiss = SmartFlex
- Fisher & Paykel = SensAwake Technology
- Human Design Medical = Z-Breathe
- Somnetics = EZEX
Here are some machines with an exhalation relief feature:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP" or "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
- Your specific pressure setting:
- Example: 9 CM/H2O
- Example: 9
- Example: 14 CM/H2O
- Example: 14
Here are some of our top selling CPAP machines:
XT Fit CPAP Machine
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
Transcend© miniCPAP™ Machine
+ See More
An example of a machine with C-Flex technology is the DreamStation CPAP Machine.
C-Flex Easy Breathing Technology Visual Graph
Compliance software provides data such as patient hours, total machine operating hours, pressure setting, and pressure relief information. Advance software includes compliance data, as well as more detailed data such as AHI (Apnea/Hypopnea Index), leakage, average pressure, and a graphical representation of data.
Compliance software is available with some standard CPAP machines. Advanced software is available with most top of the line CPAP machines, APAP machines, and BiLevel machines.
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
- CPAP machines which record full data (such as AHI and leak info): AirSense™ 10 CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 Elite CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine
- ICON Premo CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and ThermoSmart
- IntelliPAP Standard Plus CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- Luna CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- Transcend miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
- Transcend II Travel CPAP Machine
- Z1 Travel CPAP Machine
AutoPAP ("Autotitrating CPAP" or "APAP") machines which record full data:
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirSense™ 10 AutoSet For Her CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- Curasa Auto CPAP Machine with EUT
- DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine
- iCH Auto CPAP Machine with PVA and Built-In Heated Humidifier
- ICON Auto CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier and SensAwake
- IntelliPAP AutoAdjust Travel CPAP Machine with SmartFlex
- IntelliPAP 2 AutoAdjust Auto CPAP Machine
- Luna Auto CPAP Machine with Integrated H60 Heated Humidifier
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart™ Auto CPAP Machine with RESlex with Heated Humidifier
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™ Heated Humidifier for Her
- Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
- XT Auto CPAP Machine
- Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
BiLevel ("BiPAP") machines which record full data:
- AirCurve™ 10 VAuto BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- AirCurve™ 10 S BiLevel Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
- DreamStation BiPAP Pro Machine
- DreamStation BiPAP Auto Machine
- IntelliPAP AutoBiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- IntelliPAP BiLevel Machine with SmartCode
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
- RESmart BPAP 25A Auto Bi-Level Machine with RESlex and Heated Humidifier
- S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine
- S9 VPAP™ S BiLevel Machine
All machines can connect to DC power. Some machines are configured to operate on DC Power and have a DC power outlet. Other machines require AC power and will need an Inverter that turns DC power to AC power.
Having the proper equipment is the biggest key to successfully operating the machine from a battery. For example, if your machine does have a DC outlet and you want to run your machine from a marine battery, be sure to get the correct DC cable for the machine, as well as an adapter cable with alligator clips that fits over the cigarette lighter plug.
CPAP.com sells complete battery kits with everything you need for many machines including the correct cables for those machines and batteries. If you have questions about the specific power needs of your machine, review the 'Power' tab found on the machine's product page, or give us a call at 1-800-356-5221.
A CPAP machine provides air at a constant prescribed pressure. The air is delivered to the person through a tube and a CPAP mask. CPAP therapy provides a constant airflow which keeps the airway open so uninterrupted breathing is maintained during sleep. The air stream eliminates Sleep Apnea events and allows the person to get a restful sleep.
The level of air pressure required to maintain your airway is determined during your sleep study. Your doctor will write a prescription for a CPAP machine set at that pressure.
CPAP therapy is delivered through a nasal mask that seals around the nose, nasal pillows which seal at the nasal opening, or nasal prong masks that seal inside the nares. Full face masks are available for a person who breathes through both the nose and mouth. Many innovative and comfortable options are available and advances in the delivery of CPAP therapy are continually occurring.
For instance: Some machines offer a comfort feature such as FLEX or EPR technology. It provides exhalation relief, a slight drop in pressure at the time of exhalation to help make therapy more natural. APAP, BiPAP and BiLevel machines offer various levels of pressure throughout the night.
C-Flex+ Easy Breathing Technology Visual Graph
Here are some machines with C-Flex+:
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
DreamStation Pro CPAP Machine
An example of a machine with A-Flex is the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth.
A-Flex Easy Breathing Technology Visual Graph
Over the course of a couple of months (in early 2012), I used two of these machines. Each was returned due loud whistling noise they made. The sound was loud enough to wake me up out of a sound sleep! more...
I purchased this new PR System One CPAP machine to replace the previous old model I have had for several years...the REMstar Pro with C-flex. This new machine is much better than my old one. It is smaller, lighter, easier to operate, and has many more features than the previous model. The C-flex+ may take some getting used to as it is a bit different than plain C-flex, but I find that I now prefer it as it does seem to make my breathing easier. The SD card is a great improvement over the old cardboard data storage cards and stores a huge amount of data. It is also easier to access the data as it can be read by any SD reader. The new Performance Tubing that comes with this machine is also better than the old tubing. It is lighter and does not pull on the mask during sleep as much as the old heavier tubing did. I connect two of these 6-foot long tubes together into one 12-foot long piece so I can keep my CPAP machine on a small stool at the foot of my bed. The machine is so quiet I can barely hear it from there. The Heated Humidifier works exactly as advertised and has several different heat settings to choose from so I don't have to keep the heat in my house turned up as high during the night to keep the air from freezing my nose. The humidifier also automatically reads the amount of humidity in the room and adjusts its output accordingly. There is virtually no rain-out in my mask or tubing. Overall, and excellent CPAP machine at a very reasonable price. 5-stars+++ more...
10 people found this helpful.
Excellent Machine and is very user friendly. This machine exceeds my expections and cpap.com does a good job on their follow up to see if you have any question or need help. more...
Small, quiet and wonderful--it's great to get a good night's sleep again after several weeks of a gradually fading CPAP!
2 people found this helpful.
It is great improvement over my old system. Quiter
3 people found this helpful.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerPhilips RespironicsResMedApex MedicalTypeCPAPCPAPCPAPWarranty2 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level29 dB26.6 dBA28 dBQuietYesYesYesManuals IncludedPatientPatient/Quick SetupPatient
DimensionsTravel SizedYesYesYesUnder 3 lbsYesYesYesMachine Weight2.3 lbs2.751.87 lbsEntire Weight6.6 lbs5.1 lbs5.4 lbsEntire Size6.5" x 10.75" x 4"10.04"x4.75"x5.91"10 in x 6.75 in x 5.5 inEntire Package Size8 " x 14.75" x 8.5"13.24"x10"x5"13 in x 7.5 in x 8.5 inMachine Size Only7" x 5.5" x 4"NA5.7 in x 5.1 in x 3.9 in
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierSystem One/ Dry BoxHumidAirXT Heated HumidifierBuilt-In HumidifierNoYesNoHeated Humidifier TypeIntegratedBuilt InIntegratedAmbient Rainout ReductionHumidity ControlAutoClimateControlNoIntegrated Heated HoseNoClimateLineAireNoHumidifier Water Capacity325 mL380mL300 mL
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentNoNoNoPressure Range4-20cm H204-20cm H2O4-20cm H2OEPAP Pressure RangeNANANAEasy BreathingC-FLex PlusEPR with Easy-BreatheNoRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeYesYesYesLeak CompensationYesYesNoMax Operating Altitude8,500 ft8,000 ft (4-18 cm)
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationYesYesNoVoltage Range100-240V AC100-240V100-240V ACOptional DC CableYesYesNoIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataMSD; OSYesNoData CardYesYesNoOptional SoftwareEncoreViewer 2.0ResScanNo
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentAutoAutoManualAuto ON/OFFYesYesNoMask Off AlertLCD; ALARMNoNoSpontaneousNoNoNoTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesYesBacklight Shuts OffYesYesNo