Single Size SleepWeaver Elan™ Soft Cloth Nasal CPAP Mask
Looking for a replacement mask for the Single Size SleepWeaver Elan Soft Cloth Mask? This offering from Circadiance includes a single size cushion. People new to SleepWeaver Elan are recommended to review the SleepWeaver Elan™ Soft Cloth Nasal CPAP Mask - Starter Kit. The Elan Starter Kit was created for people new to this mask as it includes all three sizes of the mask so that sizing is not an issue.
Circadiance is the Cloth Mask Company and SleepWeaver Elan is the next innovation in its line. It offers a clear view and the comfort of a soft, breathable cushion made of lightweight material.
- Soft Cloth Replaceable Cushion
- Skin Friendly Material
- Available in 3 Sizes & 2 Colors
- Open Sight Line
- Informational Video
Soft, Skin Friendly Cloth Cushion
The SleepWeaver Elan CPAP mask uses a soft cloth cushion rather than hard plastic and sticky silicone. The cloth cushion inflates with the flow of air and "balloons" to seal around the nose. The bubble seal helps to omit facial pressure and red marks sometimes associated with traditional frames. The Elan mask cushion is a durable fabric designed to 'breathe', reducing trapped heat or moisture against the skin. When properly installed the cushion size label is on the bottom of the cushion. The adjustment tab at the center bottom of the cushion can be used to position and fit the mask. Shifting the cushion around the nose helps to position the mask for the best seal.
The SleepWeaver Elan is available in three sizes - Small, Regular and Large and two colors - Beige or Blue. Select the desired size and color SleepWeaver Elan at the time of ordering. The cloth material of the mask is intended to be gentler on the skin that other mask types, helping alleviate sores and other irritation that can come from wearing a CPAP mask.
The cushion can be replaced to extend the life of the mask: Soft Cloth Cushion for SleepWeaver Elan Nasal CPAP Mask. The SleepWeaver Elan replacement cushion is available in all the popular SleepWeaver colors: beige; blue; beige, pink; camo and leopard. Select size and color of replacement cushion when ordering.Clear Line of Sight
The Elan CPAP mask is supported by the headgear rather than a forehead support or strap. The open field of view makes getting ready for sleep by watching TV or reading is more comfortable and natural. The lightweight cloth mask makes for a more pleasant sleep experience.
Circadiance offers this video on SleepWeaver Elan: Video. It includes information on how the soft cloth mask works as well as hints and tips on fitting.
Circadiance extends a 30 day money back guarantee. If not satisfied with the Elan contact CPAP.com for return information.
OPTIONAL Feather Weight Tubing & Elbow
The SleepWeaver Elan CPAP mask is compatible the Feather Weight Tubing. The lightweight tubing connects to the elbow. It is very flexible and reduces tugs on the mask which can disrupt seal during movement. The elbow rotates a full 360º allowing the hose to be positioned based on the preference of the user. The hose can pass down and across the chest; to either side of the head or up over the head.
This Product Includes...
- Mask - In Selected Size and Color
Material Content: The SleepWeaver Elan does not contain latex, silicone, plastic or gel material. The cushion is a blend of polyester, nylon and elastane. The headgear is a blend of polyurethane foam, nylon and lycra.
Care and Cleaning
- The Elan cushion should be washed daily.
- The headgear should be washed weekly.
- Hand wash using warm water. Do not use hot water to clean the Elan.
- Use mild, low oil detergent that is not abrasive or anti-bacterial.
- The manufacturer DOES NOT recommend the use baby shampoo to clean SleepWeaver mask products.
- Rinse the cushion well.
- Air dry, laying flat out of sunlight.
- DO NOT wash in a dishwasher or clothes washing machine or dryer in a clothes dryer.
Acceptable Cleaning Products:
- Regular laundry detergent
- Non-abrasive hand soap
- High level chemical disinfectant such as Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution
- If desired, a small amount of mouth wash after washing and before rinsing.
UNACCEPTABLE Cleaning Products Do Not Use
- Baby shampoo
- Oil based soap and shampoo
- 2% Glutaraldehyde
- Hot water pasteurization
- Ethylene Oxide Gas Sterilization
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Fit & Use Hints & Tips
- First step: Watch the product video on the "Videos & FAQ" tab of this page. Produced by the manufacturer, the video steps you through putting the mask on and addresses common fitting problems. The Elan is different than plastic and silicone masks. The cloth cushion inflates like a balloon, if a leaks occurs it is generally due to the cushion not inflating as intended.
- Fitting around the nose: The Elan cushion should completely cover the nose to create a seal. A leak around the nose is likely caused by the cushion not being positioned around the perimeter of the nose. To address, pull the mask out away from the face and slowly bring the cushion back onto the nose. Next, wiggle the cushion from side to side to re-seat the mask correctly around your nose. Refer to the video to see the process.
- Fitting the top of the cushion at the eyes: When the cushion is inflated the black material should show along the top of the cushion. A leak at the eyes generally means the mask is not completely inflated causing the cushion to droop and slightly lift the top of the cushion. Using a heavy tubing that is going down across the chest and starting with a lower pressure or low ramp pressure can contribute to eye leaks. To help with those leaks, we suggest wearing the featherweight tubing in the up position using the tether strap. This will take the excess weight off the bottom of the mask and lifts it up, reducing the pull at the top of the mask which can cause leaks around the eyes.
- Assembling the elbow connection: After cleaning or changing the cushion the connections must be securely made to ensure the mask cushion inflates. Make sure the fabric is centered on the threaded connector as you place the wash and elbow in place. There should be no fabric edges showing. The fitting video shows easy steps to assemble the cushion to the swivel elbow. Experiencing a leak around the elbow connection is generally due to the washer being loose. Take the mask off and re-tighten the washer. If you continue to hear air leaking, remove the swivel elbow from the cushion and reassemble the cushion to the elbow.
Sizing - SleepWeaver Elan Starter Kit
It is recommended that new users of the the SleepWeaver Elan purchase the SleepWeaver Elan Soft Cloth Nasal CPAP Mask - Starter Kit. It includes the Regular and Large cushions, Plus, for a limited time, a Small cushion can be added to the Starter Kit at no charge.. The Starter Kit with all three sizes of cushion gives the user all available options for fit and seal.
Where do I find the size?
To find the size of the SleepWeaver Elan™ Soft Cloth Nasal CPAP Mask, turn the mask to view the bottom of the cloth mask. With the cushion flaps facing the user, the information can be found by looking to the left of the mask seam. The word "S M A L L," "R E G U L A R," or "L A R G E" will be written out depending on the size of the cushion. By purchasing the single size mask, the user will receive only one cushion in the size selected.Cushion Orientation - Which Way is Up?
The size of the cushion is printed on the bottom of the cushion. Also, the adjustment tab is on the bottom of the cushion. Looking at the inside of the cushion you see a stretch adjustment insert, it is also at the bottom of the cushion. The printing, adjustment insert and tab should all be on the bottom, and worn nearest to the upper lip.
The CPAP.com product page includes an image that shows the cushion from the inside, the side the nose enters, to illustrate up and down for the Elan cushion.
Elan Headgear and Tabs
The SleepWeaver Elan headgear tabs are color coded for easy assembly. The two white tabs attach to the top slots which are parallel to the ends of the wing. The blue tabs pass through the wing slots that are angled on the wing.
Assembling the SleepWeaver Elan Cushion & Elbow
The list below is the order of the parts of the SleepWeaver Elan swivel elbow, starting at the inside the mask cushion and going out to the elbow:
- Threaded connector
- Soft cloth cushion
- Swivel Elbow
Using the SleepWeaver Elan at Low Pressures
The SleepWeaver Elan is approved for use with pressures up to 20cm H2O. Testing done by CPAP.com showed that when using the Elan at a lower pressure of 4 or 5, a better seal is achieved and maintained if the hose is worn in the over-the-head position. The Elan headgear includes a tether strap to secure the Feather Weight Tube to the headgear.
If a ramp feature starting at a low pressure of 4 or 5 is used, it is recommended to wear the Elan with the hose in the upright position to maintain a better seal at the start of therapy.
SleepWeaver Elan Cleaning Instructions
The manufacturer recommends using a mild, non-abrasive detergent that is low in oil content and is not anti-bacterial to wash the SleepWeaver masks and headgear. Liquid Tide is one example of a mild, non-abrasive detergent product, however there are many other appropriate products available for use.
Low oil soap must be used to maintain the SleepWeaver cushion. Circadiance does not recommend using baby shampoo to wash SleepWeaver masks. Further, most hand and pump soaps contain a high level of oil or lotion. See the Specs Tab of this product page for a complete list of manufacturer approved cleaning methods.
The Elan and headgear should be hand washed using warm (never hot) water and a mild, non-abrasive, low oil, non-antibacterial soap. Remove the elbow and rings before washing. After washing and rinsing, allow the mask to air dry, laying flat. Do not lay the mask in sunlight to dry. Do not place the mask in the clothes dryer. The manufacturer suggests washing the Elan cushion daily and the headgear once a week.
The SleepWeaver Elan™ Soft Cloth Nasal CPAP Mask is manufactured by Circadiance.
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available masks, feature by feature. IF you're unsure of the meaning of a feature, click on or hover over the question mark for a pop out definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Compare Most Popular Masks
Compare All Masks
- Browse Our Mask Product Categories. These categories show each mask our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in-house opinion of the quality of the mask based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
Nasal Mask Category
Full Face Mask Category
Nasal Pillow Mask Category
Nasal Prong Mask Category
Hybrid Mask Category
Oral Mask Category
Total Face Mask Category
- Sizing Guides. Many Nasal and Full Face masks have sizing guides available to help determine the size needed. Simply print the sizing guide, cut out if needed, and use a mirror or helper to look at the guide to see if it is a proper fit on the face. Please note, to ensure the guide is the proper size, it should be printed in PDF format at 100% scale, meaning "Fit to Page" may have to be disabled.
- Return Insurance. With every mask we sell, you have the option of purchasing return insurance. Masks are FDA approved medical devices. Once a mask is used, it cannot be resold to another customer. CPAP.com was the first in the industry to offer return insurance to our customers. Return insurance provides 30 days for you to try a mask and return it for any reason for a refund of the price of the mask. If you are trying a mask for the first time, return insurance might be right for you.
We also offer Free Return Insurance on some masks.
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP Mask", "CPAP Supplies", "CPAP Humidifier", "CPAP", "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure", "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto", "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Here are some of our top selling masks:
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
+ See More
My daily = rather nightly go to mask. Using it for years now, the new model has less adjustment straps more...
I’ve gone thru several types of masks in the many years I’ve had a CPAP. This soft mask + gear more...
Excellent comfortable mask. Great customer service! 5 stars!
I havbeen using this mask for over 10 years. I might note I also have a full beard and this more...
Easy and very lasting for usage.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesMask TypeNasalNasalNasalHeadgear IncludedYesYesYes
Mask FeaturesReplaceable CushionYesYesYesHeadgear Quick-ClipsNoYesNoGel CushionNoYesNoForehead SupportNoYesNoMask Cushion TypeClothGelSiliconeFree Return InsuranceYesYesYes
SizeMultiple Sizes IncludedNoNoYesSmall FaceNoYesNoWide FaceNoNoYes
Lifestyle NeedsActive SleeperYesNoYesMouth BreatherNoNoNoTV FriendlyYesNoYesClaustrophobicYesNoYesDesigned For HerYesNoNoFacial HairYesYesYes