Have a question? Call us!
Sat 8AM-5PM CST
Calling all road warriors, campers, and adventurers! The updated Somnetics Transcend 3 miniCPAP features a new shape and design and is more stable on more surfaces than the Transcend 2. It also has a swivel for the hose outlet using a standard hose connection, instead of needing an adapter.
It's also rugged enough to go anywhere and do almost anything. It's designed to power your CPAP therapy from the remote wilderness (with optional battery) to a five-star hotel and engineered to uniquely satisfy the needs of frequent travelers and those with active lifestyles.
Try Risk-Free for 30-days! If you don't like your new Transcend 3, you can return it for any reason within the first 30 days of purchase.
Manufactured by Somnetics.
1% of AutoCPAP Machine product buyers choose this product.
The Transcend 3 miniCPAP follows in the footsteps of the original Transcend by creating one of the lightest CPAP machines available today. It's also small enough that it can fit into any briefcase, suitcase, or even a camping rucksack without taking up too much space.
Features & Benefits
- Tiny Size and Weight Designed for Busy Travelers
- Updated Modern Design for Improved Stability
- FAA Certified for In-Flight Use
- Convenient Drying Mode Removes Excess Moisture
- Ramp-Up Feature with EZEX Helps Make it More Comfortable to Fall Asleep
- You're Fully Protected: 3-Year Warranty & 30-Day Money Back Guarantee!
- Fully Customizable Battery Options for Every Travel Need
Designed for Busy Travelers
If you're a true road warrior or someone with an active lifestyle, you know that most CPAP machines just can't keep up. Many are too big and bulky to fit in a small bag or have limited battery power options. The Transcend 3 is small enough and light enough to be carried anywhere, even a purse or briefcase. The device is intended to be grab-and-go with customized battery options designed to accommodate any kind of trip.
Updated Modern Design for Greater Stability
The Transcend 3 took the design of the Transcend 2 and modernized it, creating a flat bottom for greater stability, and added a swivel to the hose outlet using a standard hose connection instead of requiring an adapter, making it easier to move about during sleep.
FAA Certified for In-Flight Use
Take to the skies easily with your FAA-certified Transcend 3! It can breeze through airport security as a medical device, and be both carried on and used in-flight. You'll enjoy the comfort of your CPAP therapy while you fly to your next meeting or adventure.
Convenient Drying Mode Removes Excess Moisture
If you are worried about excess moisture, just activate drying mode. Drying mode will blow a steady stream of air (not at therapeutic pressure) through the hose, eliminating any moisture left behind after cleaning or a night of therapy. This helps prevent the spread of germs and the formation of mold from your therapy.
Ramp Feature with EZEX Helps Make it Easier to Fall and Stay Asleep
The Transcend 3 will start therapy out at the lowest possible pressure, and gradually increases the pressure slowly over a period of time. By the time you reach full therapeutic pressure, you'll likely be asleep. The EZEX feature gently reduces pressure on exhale, making it easier to breathe out. Both ramp and EZEX come standard on the Transcend 3.
You're Fully Protected!
The Transcend 3 miniCPAP has one of the best warranties available, protecting the device for a standard 3 years from manufacturer defects and issues. We also have you covered with a 30-day money back guarantee, making the purchase of your new Transcend almost risk-free. If you don't like it for any reason, simply return it (within 30 days of purchase) and get a full refund.
OPTIONAL: Portable Battery Designed to Accommodate All Travel Needs
The Transcend P8 Battery is designed to accommodate your needs whether you're a frequent air traveller, or you just enjoy being outdoors. At a pressure setting of 14, the P8 Battery can provide therapy for up to 14 hours, and is compatible with the Transcend 2 and the Transcend 3.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- Transcend 3 Auto Device
- Travel Bag for Transcend CPAP Machines
- 6 Foot 19mm Standard Hose
- Mini USB Cord
- Quick Guide
- AC Power Supply
- International Plug Adapter Pack
- Therapy Mode: Auto / Fixed Pressure
- Dimensions: 7.4 x 3.7 x 3.7
- Weight: 1.09 lbs
- Sound Pressure Level: 30
- Operating Pressure: 4 - 20 cmH20
- Ramp: 0 - 45 minutes
- Auto Altitude Adjustment: Up to 8,000 feet
- Power Supply: 100-240VAC, 50-60Hz
- Power Supply Output: 19VDC, 2.6 Amp
- AHI Detect? Yes.
- Compliance Data? Yes.
- TranSync Cloud Compliance? Yes.
- Warranty: 3 years with a 30-day money-back guarantee
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
User ManualTranscend 3 User Manual
FAA Compliance Letter
Here's a link to the: Somnetics FAA Compliance Letter
Using the Ramp Function
To use the ramp feature on your Transcend 3, you'll need to follow these steps:
- Turn the machine on by pressing the power button.
- Make sure the mask is fitted properly, and check for any leaks.
- Once you've verified the mask is secure and not leaking, press the ramp button to begin ramp. If your pressure range is greater than 4, you'll notice the ramp will start at the lowest pressure and it gradually increases pressure after 45 minutes.
Changing the Filter
Changing the Transcend 3 filter should be done once every 6 months. Here are the steps to change the machine filter:
- Look near the rear of the Transcend 3, and locate the filter tab. It's located on the top of the machine.
- Gently pull the tab backward, and remove the filter located inside.
- Replace the filter with a new one, and then slide the filter tab back into place.
Cleaning the Exterior
It's easy to keep the Transcend 3 exterior clean. Here's how:
- Using a damp cloth (or mask wipes), and a gentle wiping motion, remove any dust and debris that may have collected on the casing.
- Be careful about getting the machine wet, or exposing to too much moisture as this can damage the machine.
- Dry with a cloth or allow to air dry.
- Do NOT attempt to sanitize the entire machine using an ozone cleaner or a UV sanitizer, as this can damage the components or cause the loss of the machine.
Cleaning the Hose
The hose is the part of the machine connecting the machine to the mask and is how the air flows from the machine to your airway. To clean it, you'll need to follow these steps:
- Submerge the hose in mild soapy water, and make sure the water fully enters the hose.
- Use a tube cleaning brush to gently scrape away any remaining deposits.
- Make sure to rinse the hose with water, to remove any soapy residue left behind.
- Hang over a towel rack to air dry.
- Use the USB port on the Transcend 3 ONLY with a computer. Attempting to use other devices with the USB port can result in damage or loss for both devices.
- Exercise caution if the room temperature is greater than 90°F, as this can cause the device to overheat.
- Only use the Transcend batteries with the Transcend 3. These batteries are designed to work in an optimized fashion with the Transcend 3 and will give the best performance. It is possible to use a universal battery such as the Freedom with the Transcend 3 but doing so will require using an inverter, draining the power faster than would be the case if you used a Transcend battery.
- DO NOT ATTEMPT to sterilize the entire machine with a CPAP cleaner or sanitizer such as the Lumin, as this can result in damage or loss.
- DO NOT COVER OR USE IN BED as this can lead to the device overheating, leading to damage or loss of the device.
The Transcend 3 is designed to work explicitly with Transcend batteries and should not be used with other devices.
Here are the available power options for the Transcend series of machines:
Transcend P8 Battery: This battery is designed to power the Transcend 3 for up to 14 hours at a pressure setting of 14.
Please keep in mind, factors such as pressure setting and altitude can impact battery runtimes, and results may vary. The Transcend batteries are not for use with humidification. The manufacturer only recommends using Transcend batteries with the Transcend 3.
Freedom Travel Battery
The Freedom Travel Battery, is able to be used with the Transcend 3, as long as you use a 150 Watt Sine Wave Inverter to convert the Freedom's DC power into AC power. You would then plug the Transcend 3 into the battery using the inverter plug socket and the machine's power cord.
Please keep in mind, using an inverter with the Freedom Travel Battery will drain the battery much faster than the machine-specific battery. This is because the machine uses power and the inverter uses power too, reducing runtimes from what the Freedom Travel Battery advertises online.