"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERSleeping all night again with ear protection so I don't hear the noise!"
October 24, 2013
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERWe travelled for the November long weekend with the transcend EZEX and it worked well. Loved the compact size."
November 19, 2013
Free returns! Purchase this machine and return it within 10 days of the ship date for a refund.
Save over $230 on the Multi-Night battery and Solar Panel Charger with the purchase of a Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine. Click the ‘‘Customize & Buy" button below to view all battery discounts.
The Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine from Somnetics is very small and lightweight. Weighing less than a pound, the Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine has all the nightly use features found on much larger and heavier machines. It has quiet operation offering EZEX pressure relief technology. Versatile power options make the Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine an excellent choice for an active lifestyle.
Manufactured by Somnetics.
The Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine is small in size and big on features. It stands on the shoulders of the original Transcend miniCPAP™ adding functionality without adding to the size or weight. This is a single pressure CPAP machine with a ramp feature and exhalation relief designed to deliver a fixed pressure all night long.
- Small & Lightweight
- Travel Friendly Size
- EZEX Pressure Relief Technology
- Very Quiet Operation
- Versatile Power Options
- Easy Filter Care
- Auto Altitude Adjustment
- Therapy Compliance Data
- Risk Free for 10 Days
Small Size & Lightweight
The Transcend EZEX weighs just 15 ounces and is only 6.1 inches long. The size makes it an ideal choice for travel while the list of features make it an ideal option for nightly use. The machine easily fits in carry luggage without adding bulk and weight. The small footprint takes up less room on the bedside table.
How big is a 15 ounce, 6.1 inch item? Think of a standard 12 ounce can of carbonated soda. The Transcend EZEX is just a bit longer and approximately 2 ounces heavier than a can of soda. For more dimensions, see the Specs Tab.
EZEX Pressure Relief
Somnetics offers EZEX pressure relief to increase user comfort and ease the therapy adjustment period. EZEX delivers a drop in pressure during exhalation to make the breathing more natural. EZEX can be set to 1, 2 or 3 with 1 being the smallest drop in pressure and 3 being the largest. Or EZEX can be set to zero and the Transcend EZEX will not drop the delivered pressure at the time of exhalation.
The small size and and lightweight design do not compromise the sound level of the Transcend Travel CPAP Machine with EZEX. It has a sound rating of 26.6 dB putting it among the quietest CPAP machines on the market.
The Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine comes ready for travel. The AC power adapter is packaged with four plug adapters suitable for use in the United States, United Kingdom, European Union, and Australia and New Zealand. The plug configuration used in the USA comes installed on the power adapter. To change the plug adapter, depress the flat button labeled "PUSH" on the adapter. Once depressed the adapter rotates counter clockwise (to the left) for removal from the body of the power adapter. Insert the desired plug adapter onto the power adapter and rotate clockwise (to the right) to lock in place.
Visit the Power Tab of this product page to read about the versatile power options available for the Transcend including battery and solar panel options, as well as a mobile power adapter.
Easy Care Filter
The Transcend EZEX includes the improved filter frame design with removable filter. Easily removed with the filter frame from the bottom of the machine with a push of a button. The filter strip is held in place by the filter tray. The filter frame color of the Transcend EZEX is medium gray.
Auto Altitude Adjustment
The Transcend Travel CPAP Machine with EZEX automatically adjusts to changes in altitude up to 8,000 feet. No need to access the set up menu to change the settings. Just turn it on and the machine will automatically adjust. When using the machine for air travel in a pressurized cabin the machine will auto adjust to the proper altitude setting.
Therapy Data & Transfer Options
The Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine holds up 13 months of data including:
- AHI (Apnea Hypopnea Index)
- Leak Detection
- Total Therapy Hours
- Number of Therapy Sessions: 8 Hrs (default); 6 Hrs; 4 Hrs
- Total Hours the Blower Has Operated
Retrieving data from the Transcend EZEX:
- USB Cable with Transcend Software - Connect the machine to a Windows based computer using the included USB cable.
- Email Capable Transfer - With the machine connected by the USB cable and the software active, access the Patient Setting screen and click the "Email Compliance Information" field and follow the instructions to enter an email address.
Risk Free for 10 Days
If unhappy after purchasing the Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™, contact CPAP.com within 10 days of the machine ship date to receive a return authorization number and free return label! Ship the machine back to us and receive a refund for the machine cost once it is received.
This Product Includes...
- Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine
- 1- Filter and Base
- Universal Hose Adapter
- Standard 6' Hose
- Universal Power Supply with 4 Plug Adapters
- 3 Ft USB 2.0 Type A Male to Mini B Male Cable
- Travel Case
- Quick Start Guide
Device Weight: 0.9 lbs (426 g)
- Without Tabs or Air Outlet Port: 6.1 in x 3.5 in x 2.8 in (15.5 cm x 8.9 cm x 7.1 cm)
- With Tabs and Air Outlet Port: 6.9 in. x 3.5 in. x 3.5 in.
Travel Bag Dimensions: 10 in x 8.5 in x 4.5 in (25.4 cm x 21.6 cm x 10.8 cm)
Power Supply Adapters For Use In the Following Areas: United States; United Kingdom; European Union; Australia & New Zealand
Dimensions of Transcend Power Supply - Not Including Cord or Plug: 3.75 in x 2 in x 1.25 in
Weight of Transcend Power Supply with Plug Attached: 0.5 lbs (8.2 oz.)
Power Supply Cord Length: Approx. 6 Feet
Hose Length: 72 inches
Hose Diameter: Standard 19mm
AC Supply Input: 100 to 240 VAC, 50-60Hz
AC Supply Output: 19VDC, 2.6 Amp
European Voltage Usage: Yes, outlet adapters required
Sound Level: 26.6 dB
Pressure Range: 4-20 cm H2O (1 cm increments)
EZEX Pressure Relief Settings: Off, 1, 2, 3
Ramp: 0 to 45 min (5 minute increments)
Auto Altitude Adjustment : Up To 8000 feet
PC System Compatibility:Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8, 32-bit & 64-bit (Not compatible with Apple Products)
Operating Temperature: 41 - 95 degrees Fahrenheit (5 - 35 degree Celsius)
Operating Humidity: 10% to 80% relative humidity (non-condensing)
Warranty: 3 Years
Required Settings: 1 Pressure Setting is Required
Unless otherwise directed, CPAP.com will leave this machine at the default settings of:
- Ramp: On
- Ramp Time: 5 Mins
- Ramp Start: 4cm
- EZEX: Off
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
miniCPAP Warranty Tip
Please Note: This manufacturer provides refurbished units as warranty replacements. To provide Somnetics with feedback on this policy, please use this email or call 877-621-9626.
Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine Product Notes:
- Required Hose Adapter Included: The Transcend Universal Hose Adapter is required to connect the long hose to the Transcend EZEX machine. Both the hose adapter and long hose are included with the machine purchase.
- Hose Adapter Updated: In mid-2014 the manufacturer made an update to the hose adapter included with the Transcend line of machines. The updated adapter has a hard support cuff surrounding the silicone machine connection. The swivel end of the adapter connects to the long hose. The non-swivel end of the adapter connects to the hose port on the machine.
- Universal Hose Adapter May Be Attached To Hose: The Transcend EZEX machine includes the Universal Hose Adapter and a 6 foot hose. The manufacturer may package the Transcend EZEX with the universal hose adapter already connected to the long hose. If the adapter is inserted onto the machine, the connection may be very tight but the two pieces are NOT permanently attached. They can be separated. To remove the white adapter, leverage it against the rubber hose cuff and twist it off.
- Universal Hose Adapter Not Used with Humidifier: When using the OPTIONAL Transcend Heated Humidifier the Universal Hose Adapter is NOT used. Remove the Transcend Universal Hose Adapter from the machine prior to inserting the machine into the humidifier cradle.
- USB Cable: The machine is packaged to include a USB cable. The machine must be connected to a computer to change the settings. A USB cable with a mini connection on one end and standard connection on the other end can be used for this purpose. An option is the 3 ft. USB 2.0 Type A Male to Mini B Male Cable.
- Transcend Software System Compatibility: The software used by the Transcend miniCPAP™ is compatible with Window XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 using a 32-bit or 64-bit system. The Transcend software is not compatible with the Apple operating systems. Please Note: If using recent Windows versions, the USB drivers may require updates. It is best to contact the manufacturer of the computer for update instructions.
- Software Download: The Somnetics Software Revision C for the Transcend machines can be downloaded here: Transcend Software Revision C Download. For more details, refer to the Transcend Software User Manual.
- Oxygen Use: Though Oxygen can be connected to Transcend miniCPAP devices, the manufacturer recommends that Oxygen not be used with this machine.
- Available Therapy Pressure Range: The Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine has pressures of 4 to 20 cm H2O available for therapy.
- FAA Compliance Letter for Somnetics Transcend: Click Here to View.
- Large Leak Response: When a large leak is detected by the Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX the machine will quickly ramp up to a high pressure and then shut off. If this occurs, please check to verify that the Transcend Universal Hose Adapter is installed correctly. The hose and pressure line ports on the machine must be fully connected to the Hose Adapter to avoid pressure loss. The pressure line port must be firmly seated into the tear drop shaped area on the adapter. If the issue is not corrected, check to be certain the mask and hose have a secure connection. Further, ensure the mask is adjusted properly to provide a good seal on the face.
- Power Supply Design: Prior to Fall of 2013, the power supply included with the Transcend line of machines was made of only two parts - the power supply and cord and did not offer the multi-country adapters. The connection to the Transcend machine is unchanged between the two design versions.
- Filter Frame Design: The EZEX has an updated filter design allowing the filter to be replaced without replacing the entire plastic piece. The medium gray base of the Transcend EZEX machine is the filter frame. It is removed using the push button to release the filter frame from the bottom of the machine. The foam filter can be changed and the plastic filter frame replaced on the machine. Earlier versions of the Transcend used an air inlet filter which had filter permanently attached to the plastic frame that was removed with a release latch. The old style filter with release latch and permanently attached foam filter strip will NOT work with the Transcend EZEX.
Filter Installation: The Filter for Transcend machines fits the filter frame in only one orientation due to the shape and curve of the filter and the frame and machine base design.
- Remove the filter frame from the bottom of the Transcend machine.
- With the machine base facing up, lay the foam side of the filter on the machine base. The curve of the filter will match the curve of the machine base.
- Line up the notch on the filter with the tab on the machine base.
- The firm backing of the filter will be against the filter frame and the foam portion of the filter will face the machine body.
- When properly installed the filter lays flat against the machine base.
- Line up the filter frame on the machine and snap back in place.
Transcend Filter Care: The manufacturer recommends washing the Transcend Filter weekly using a 5% mild liquid detergent and distilled water. Allow the filter to air dry before reinstalling. An example of a mild detergent is Tide Free & Gentle.
Notes About the OPTIONAL Transcend Heated Humidifier and Battery:
- Per the manufacturer information, the Transcend battery has an average life span of 300 charging cycles.
- The Transcend Heated Humidifier does not draw power from the Transcend machine.
- The Transcend Heated Humidifier cannot be powered by the Transcend Battery.
- The travel bag included with Transcend machines is not large enough to hold both the Transcend Heated Humidifier and the machine.
Backup Battery Configurations:
Please Note: In a situation where a power outage is expected but not certain, the battery can be used as a failover. While AC power is available the battery will not lose life cycles.
The Transcend miniCPAP™ machines can be connected to the OPTIONAL Transcend Multi-Night Battery and to AC power without causing the lifespan of the battery to decrease. The battery is designed to provide AC power to the machine while it is available, and transition immediately to DC power from the battery if AC power should fail. Once AC power is restored, the battery will begin providing that power to the machine again.
To learn more about the Transcend Multi-Night Battery, visit the page here.
Sound Level Tips
Although the Transcend EZEX miniCPAP has a low decibel rating of 26.6 dBA, some users report a noticeable pitch from the machine's motor, which may be a result of its reduced size. Unlike larger machines, smaller travel CPAPs have less internal room and components to absorb the sound of the motor. To help reduce the sound of the motor, consider adding the Q-Tube In-Line CPAP Muffler Kit to the device.
What Can My Transcend Travel Bag Hold?
The Travel Bag for Transcend CPAP Machines included with the machine is designed to carry the machine, the hose, the power cable, and some mask types. The bag can accommodate nasal pillow masks and nasal masks. A full face mask and total face mask will not fit in the bag. The optional Transcend Heated Humidifier WILL NOT fit in this bag. The larger Travel Bag for Transcend Machine and Heated Humidifier must be purchased if planning to travel with the humidifier.
The Travel Bag for Transcend Machine and Heated Humidifier is designed to carry the machine, humidifier, hose, power cable, and some mask types. The bag can accommodate nasal pillow masks, nasal masks, and full face masks. A total face mask will not fit in the bag.
CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
The Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine includes the Universal AC Power Supply with Adapter Plugs. It includes plug adapters for use in the United States and over seas.
OPTIONAL Battery Pack
Somnetics, the manufacturer of the Transcend EZEX offers the optional Transcend Multi-Night Battery to use the machine when AC power is not available. Per the manufacturer, an EZEX machine set to a pressure setting of 10 cm h20 can expect the battery will provide approximately 15 hours power. Through their testing, Somnetics reports that EZEX had little effect in battery run time.
The Transcend Heated Humidifier cannot be powered by the optional Transcend battery. The machine and the heated humidifier do not share power.
PLEASE NOTE: The battery must be fully charged before the initial use.
Weighing in at only 1.7 pounds the Freedom Battery is a terrific option for travel. The Freedom battery meets UN Manual Test and Criteria requirements for travel.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to connect the Transcend EZEX to the Freedom Battery, the 150 W Sine Wave Inverter must be used (sold separately).
Fail Over Backup Power
When the optional battery is used, the Transcend EZEX can be set to automatically switch to battery power in the event electricity goes out. When hooked up in series with the machine and wall power, the battery will charge even when the Transcend EZEX miniCPAP™ Machine is in use.
Steps To Set Up A Fail Over System:
- Plug the Transcend's AC power supply into the wall.
- Plug the other end of the Transcend's AC power supply into the optional Transcend Battery pack.
- Plug the Battery Pack into the Transcend.
OPTIONAL Portable Solar Charger
The optional Solar Charger for Transcend Batteries will re-charge the Transcend Battery using the energy of the sun. The solar panel is small and lightweight. In optimal conditions with direct sun, the Mulit-Night Battery will charge in approximately 12 hours.
Transcend DC Mobile Power Adapter
Traveling by car or boat? Use the Transcend DC Mobile Power Adapter to connect to the DC battery through the cigarette lighter and enjoy hours of therapy while traveling!
Notes Regarding the Optional Transcend Batteries:
Battery Charge Cycles:
Per the manufacturer, the Transcend batteries each have an average life span of 300 charging cycles.
Battery Charge Times: The manufacturer provides the following information regarding charge time from a dead charge to full,
- Using AC Power: Approximately 8 Hours;
- Using in FULL SUN Transcend Solar Charger - Approximately 12 Hours
Battery Run Times:
The manufacturer provides the following information regarding the run time for the batteries starting with a full charge when using a pressure of 14 cmwp. The manufacturer notes the run times are dependent on altitude, temperature, leak rate and breathing pattern of the user. Higher pressure settings will decrease battery run time.
Multinight Transcend Battery: Approximately 14 - 16 Hours at 12 cmwp