"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERReally please with this mask. Light weight and no lines in the morning on my face. Would highly recommend"
June 27, 2013
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThis replaced a wisp fabric mask which did not hold up well. The solid (plastic silicone) head gear is much better, superior construction, comfort."
October 1, 2013
The Wisp Nasal Mask from Philips Respironics changes the field by offering a choice of frame styles. Select Clear Silicone Frame for a more traditional feel or Fabric Frame for a softer touch. The Wisp comes packaged with three sizes of cushions allowing the user to find the best fit and seal. Limited facial contact is achieved through a minimal cushion design. The need for a forehead support is removed through frame and headgear design.
Manufactured by Philips Respironics.
4% of Nasal Mask product buyers choose this product.
The Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask by Philips Respironics was developed to offer comfort and ease of use while fitting a wide range of users. The first to offer options in headgear materials, the Wisp steps up to a new level of individual choice. Never losing site of the fact that mask comfort promotes successful therapy, the design of the Wisp is lightweight with minimal facial contact.
- Frame Choice - Fabric or Clear Silicone
- Multiple Size Cushions Included
- Minimal Contact Design
- Clear Line of Sight
- Easy to Fit and Seal
- Lightweight, Flexible Short Tube
- Hose Position Options
The unique frame of the Wisp is offered in two formats - Clear Silicone or Fabric. The molded silicone is lightweight and flexible with smooth surfaces. For a different feel, select the fabric covered frame. Extending yet another choice, each side of the fabric frame has different material for different feels. The modular frames are interchangeable and reversible.
Cushion - Minimal Contact & Multiple Sizes
The Wisp cushion is small and lightweight with a minimum of silicone touching the face. Three sizes of cushions are included with the Wisp, sizes Petite; Small / Medium and Large. The mask comes packaged with the size Small/Medium cushion in place and can easily be changed with the Large or XL cushion. Also available as a separate item is size Size Petite Cushion for Wisp.
Minimal Design - Clear View
The headgear and frame design is the source of support and seal for the Wisp omitting the need for a forehead support. Having nothing on the forehead makes for a more comfortable therapy experience. People who enjoy watching TV or reading before going to sleep will appreciate the clear field of view.
Flexible Short Tube
The lightweight and flexible short tube included with the Wisp connects to the swivel elbow. It serves as the connection between the long hose and the cushion - allowing for movement without losing the seal. The tube can be disconnected from the elbow for cleaning. Offering choice of hose position, the short tube can be secured to the headgear using the crown loop keeping the hose up and out of the way.
This product, Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack comes packaged with a size Original headgear.
The manufacturer also offers the Wisp Headgear in a size Large. They suggest the following to determine if size Large headgear is needed:
- Neck size or dress shirt collar is 17 inches or larger
- Hat size is 7.25 or larger
Free Returns Less Shipping 30 Days From Purchase
This Product Includes...
- Mask Frame - Silicone OR Fabric
- Headgear Clips
- Cushions - Small/Medium, Large, and X-Large
- Tubing with Elbow and Swivel
Material Components for Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
- Clear Frame: Silicone / Polycarbonate
- Fabric Frame: Nylon / Lycra / Urethane Foam
- Cushion: Silicone / Polycarbonate
- Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Headgear Clip: Acetal Copolymer
- Headgear: UBL / Urethane Foam / Nylon and Lycra / Nylon thermoplastic
- Tube: Thermoplastic polyester elastomer
- Swivel: Polycarbonate
Tubing Length: 16" (including elbow and swivel)
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
The Wisp comes packaged with the Original size headgear. The manufacturer suggests it fits people with a neck size of 16 1/2 and less or a hat size 7 and below. People who have a size 17 neck or larger, or wear a hat size 7.25 or larger should consider the size Large headgear. Headgear can be viewed and purchased HERE. The Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask WITHOUT Headgear can be purchased HERE.
Fitting the Wisp
- Fitting may be done sitting upright.
- Detach the elbow and short tube from the mask frame by squeezing the quick release tabs on the elbow.
- Unsnap one side of the headgear by twisting the headgear clip away from the frame.
- To use the Wisp without the clips remove them and thread the headgear through the frame slots.
- Place the cushion lightly on the nose.
- Attach the clip to the frame and adjust as needed to position the mask.
- Wisp headgear is intended to be worn loosely, allowing for two fingers to fit between the strap and head.
- The headgear should lay flat along the back of the head.
- Attach the elbow and short tube to the mask frame and attach the long hose to the short tube
- Use the headgear crown loop to secure the short tube up, over the head.
- Turn on the machine blowing at the therapy pressure - lay down.
- Turn the head side to side to check the seal.
- If needed, pull the cushion away from the nose and reposition lightly on the nose.
The manufacturer offers the following information to assist in selecting the correct size cushion for the Wisp. Measure from the outside of the nose from one side to the other. Do not measure only the nares or nasal openings, but the entire width of the nose.
- P = Approx 1 1/8 in
- S/M = Approx 1 1/2 in
- L = Approx 1 7/8 in
- XL = Approx 2 1/4 in
Where do I find the size?
The mask frame does not have an identifiable size because it offers a universal fit to each size of the Wisp nasal cushions.
To find the size of the nasal cushion, look at the bottom of the silicone cushion, where the mask frame and nasal cushion connect. A large, black letter will indicate the size of the nasal cushion.
System One Resistance Control Tips
If using a Respironics System One machine, a system one resistance control number from Respironics can be set to allow the machine to compensate for different mask types. The resistance control number for the Wisp Nasal CPAP Mask is X1. Please Note: System One Resistance Control is for System One Machines only.
The manufacturer suggests cleaning the mask cushion, short tube and frame daily using warm water and a mild detergent that does not contain lotions or antibacterial properties. Rinse thoroughly with running water and allow to air dry out of direct sunlight.
The headgear should be hand washed weekly using warm water and a mild detergent and allowed to air dry. The headgear should not be cleaned in a washing machine.
Frame Option Considerations
The Clear and Fabric Frames are the same size and function. The only difference between the two is in the material. The Clear Frame is easier to clean and maintain and may have a longer life. It can soaked for cleaning. The Fabric Frame is lighter weight and more comfortable but may not be as durable. The Fabric Frame should be wiped clean, not soaked.
Using the Wisp With Oxygen
The Wisp mask does not have an oxygen port. However, it can be used with an oxygen supply adding the Oxygen Enrichment Adapter the therapy circuit. The Oxygen Enrichment Adapter can be fit between the machine and the long tube or the mask and the long tube. It will work with any standard, non-heated CPAP Tube.
Customer ReviewsView All Reviews
CPAP Video & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Are prescriptions required for mask, machine, humidifier, and Provent purchases?
- Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier,
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7370
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and a Provent prescription form.
- Which CPAP masks work on which machines?
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
- How can I compare different masks?
- Like our machine comparison chart, we have created a CPAP Mask Comparison Guide to help you compare different masks. This guide stacks up every mask we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular masks, or to the different types of masks we sell.
Compare Most Popular Masks
Compare All Nasal Masks
Compare All Full Face Masks
Compare All Nasal Pillow Masks
Compare All Nasal Prong Masks
Compare All Hybrid Masks
Compare All Oral Masks
Compare All Total Face CPAP Masks
- How do I choose the mask that is right for me?
- We provide our customers with many tools to make informed decisions about their mask purchases. Options include:
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available masks, feature by feature. If you're unsure of the meaning of a feature, click on or hover over the question mark for a pop out definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Compare Most Popular Masks
Compare All Masks
- Browse Our Mask Product Categories. These categories show each mask our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in-house opinion of the quality of the mask based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
Nasal Mask Category
Full Face Mask Category
Nasal Pillow Mask Category
Nasal Prong Mask Category
Hybrid Mask Category
Oral Mask Category
Total Face Mask Category
- Sizing Guides. Many Nasal and Full Face masks have sizing guides available to help determine the size needed. Simply print the sizing guide, cut out if needed, and use a mirror or helper to look at the guide to see if it is a proper fit on the face. Please note, to ensure the guide is the proper size, it should be printed in PDF format at 100% scale, meaning "Fit to Page" may have to be disabled.
- Return Insurance. With every mask we sell, you have the option of purchasing return insurance. Masks are FDA approved medical devices. Once a mask is used, it cannot be resold to another customer. CPAP.com was the first in the industry to offer return insurance to our customers. Return insurance provides 30 days for you to try a mask and return it for any reason for a refund of the price of the mask. If you are trying a mask for the first time, return insurance might be right for you.
We also offer Free Return Insurance on some masks.
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- How can I get help from a CPAP expert?
- By Live Chat: Click on the Chat now field in the lower right hand corner of the CPAP.com page. If after hours, click Leave a message to enter your question and we will get back in touch with you.
- By Phone: 800.356.5221 (%WeekDayStart% - %WeekDayEnd% CST Mon-Fri; %WeekEndStart% - %WeekEndEnd% CST Sat)
- Email Us: email@example.com
- By Fax: 866.353.2727
- Could not find what you were looking for? Please send us your question. Question Submission Form
- How do I care for my mask?
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
- How often should I replace my mask?
- Medicare allows for mask cushion replacement every three (3) months, and a complete mask system replacement every six (6) months. CPAP manufacturers and vendors suggest these replacement schedules as well.
In our experience, most mask cushions begin to deteriorate after about six months of use. The cushion eventually becomes too soft to hold a seal. The headgear straps lose elasticity and must be tightened more and more to get the same quality seal.
We strongly suggest replacing cushions and pillows as soon as they start to soften. Air leaks may reduce the effectiveness of CPAP therapy and headgear that is too tight may cause facial sores at pressure points. In most cases, replacement headgear is available if it is stretched out or the Velcro worn out.
To see what parts of your mask are replaceable refer to our Replacement Part Finder. Just search for your mask to see all of the replaceable parts.
- Are mask cushions interchangeable with other mask frames or can I use a different size cushion on the same frame?
- The answer to this question depends on the mask. In most cases, the mask frame will only accept cushions or pillows made for that specific mask. However, there are a few variations to this rule: ResMed's Mirage SoftGel Nasal CPAP Mask and Mirage Activa LT Nasal CPAP Mask are examples of the exception. In this case, both masks use the same mask frame; therefore, the cushions for the two masks are interchangeable. The EasyFit Masks by DeVilbiss offer different cushion types such as gel or silicone, which are interchangeable between the mask frames.
As to whether or not you can use different size cushions for a specific mask on the same mask frame, this also depends on the mask. Some mask frames are compatible with multiple cushion or pillow sizes, while other mask frames only fit cushions of the same size. This information is provided on the product pages. Please review the page of the specific product you are interested in to learn if you will need a different size mask frame for each size of cushion or pillow. For assistance, contact us at 800.356.5221.
- What are the CPAP, BiPAP, Sleep Apnea, and Oxygen related HCPCS, CPT or billing codes?
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
- What does a mask prescription need to say?
- A mask prescription must contain all of the following information:
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP Mask", "CPAP Supplies", "CPAP Humidifier", "CPAP", "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure", "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto", "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Here are some of our top selling masks:
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
+ See More