"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERQuiet and the digital is very helpful also. Would encourage others with serious BiLevel needs to consider."
July 14, 2011
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERBeen using this for almost a year now. This is my 5th machine and the best I've had so far. It's travel friendly also."
November 15, 2015
The S9 VPAP Auto is the next generation model for the S8 VPAP Auto 25. This Bilevel machine provides an automatically adjusting pressure stream for inhalation, and another for exhalation. S9 VPAP Auto is an improvement over the S8 VPAP Auto 25 by including ResMed's Enhanced Easy-Breathe technology along with the included H5i with Climate Control, and optional ClimateLine heated tubing.
Humidifier Included: Please note the price of this machine includes the heated humidifier.
Manufactured by ResMed.
23% of BiLevel Machine product buyers choose this product.
At its core this bilevel machine automatically adjusts inhalation and exhalation pressure on a breath by breath basis to keep the airway open. This model improves on the S8 VPAP Auto 25 model by providing more comfort features that make breathing and adjusting to pressure changes easier, reduce sound to the machine user and bed partner, maintain set temperature and humidity levels despite changing room conditions.
Enhanced AutoSet Algorithm. This technology continuously monitors breathing in order to adjust the inhalation and exhalation pressure on a breath by breath basis to maintain an open airway.
Enhanced Easy-Breathe Technology. This technology makes the transitions between inhalation and exhalation pressures smoother allowing the user to more easily adjust to pressure changes.
Climate Control Humidification System. This system uses the ClimateLine heated tubing to maintain the set temperature and humidity levels despite changing room conditions.
Quieter Motor. The improved motor design sends less sound down the tubing and through the mask for the machine user and is also less audible to the bed partner.
Digital Display & Push Dial. The digital display and push dial make establishing and changing settings easy along with viewing previous nights therapy data.
SmartStart / SmartStop SmartStart / SmartStop enables your device to start automatically by breathing into the mask. This feature automatically starts and stops your CPAP machine when you put on or take off your mask.
Enhanced Vsync Technology. Vsync monitors leak rate through out the night and compensates for leak detection by adjusting the baseline pressure as needed.
TiControl Feature. TiControl is an additional setting that can accommodate individual respiratory conditions by improving the synchrony between the user and the device.
For more information about the S9 VPAP S, check out the S9 VPAP Series Welcome Guide
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- S9 VPAP Auto BiLevel Machine
- SlimLine Tubing
- Carrying Case
- Disposable Filter
- Patient Manual
- SD Memory Card
- Power Supply and Cord
Auto Mode Pressure: IPAP 4 to 25 cm H2O; EPAP 3 to 25 cm H2O (.2 increments)
CPAP Mode Pressure: 4 to 20 cm H2O (.2 increments)
Dimensions (L x W x H): 6.0 in x 5.5 in x 3.4 in (153 x 140 x 86 mm)
Bag Dimensions - Outside: 13.5 in x 12 in x 5.5 in
Sound Level: 26 dBA
Weight: 1.84 lb (835 g)
90W Power Supply:
- Dimensions of Power Supply Only - Not including Cord or Plug: 5 1/2 inch (L) x 1 7/8 inch (W) x 1 1/4 inch (D)
- Weight of Power Supply, Cord & Plug: 1.29 Pounds
- Unit Input Range 100-240V, 50-60Hz,
- Nominal for Aircraft Use 110V, 400Hz
- Typical Power Consumption 70W (80VA)
- Maximum Power Consumption 110W (120VA)
European Voltage Usage: Yes, outlet adapters required
Operating Altitude: Sea level to 8500' (2591 m)
SlimLine Air Tubing: Flexible plastic, 1.83m, 15mm inner diameter
Optional ClimateLine Tubing Length: 78 inches
Optional ClimateLine MAX Tubing Length: 75 inches
Housing Construction: Flame retardant engineering thermoplastic
Supplemental Oxygen: Recommended maximum supplemental oxygen flow:15 L/min
Device Set-Up: Push Dial
Available Languages: English (Default), French, Spanish, Portugese
Warranty: 2 Year Manufacturer
Aircraft use: Device meets the FAA requirements for all phases of air travel.
SD Memory Card: 365 days summary data and 30 Days and 7 nights detailed data
Max Exposure Heat for Machine: Machine should not be exposed to heat greater than 140 degrees Fahrenheit
Required Settings: This machine does not have required settings.
Unless directed otherwise, CPAP.com will leave the S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine at the following default settings:
- Max IPAP: 25 cm H2O
- Min IPAP: 4 cm H2O
- Ramp Time: 20 mins
- Ramp Start: 4 cm H2O
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- ResMed products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
The S9 line of machines come with SlimLine hosing which has a 15mm diameter. A standard (22mm) hose can be used with the S9 machines, however the Patient Setup Menu must be accessed and the "Tube" setting changed from "Slim" to "Standard". If a ClimateLine hose is attached this setting is automatically changed accordingly.
If an O2 Enrichment Adapter is used with the
ClimateLine Heated Tubing for the S9 Series of CPAP machines, the O2 Enrichment Adapter must be placed between the ClimateLine tubing and the mask instead of between the S9 Humidifier and the hose, in order for the ClimateLine tubing to work correctly.
The DC Converter 24V/90W For S9 Machines allows this machine to be used with battery power.
H5i Humidification Level
The H5i Heated Humidifier has three modes: Patient, Auto and OFF. These settings can be accessed under "Climate Control" through the Clinical Menu.
When the H5i is set in Auto mode it will measure the amount of humidity in the room and heat only as much as needed to reach the optimal moisture level of 80% and then stop heating and go into a cool down mode. When the H5i again senses the need to raise the humidity to 80% it will begin to heat.
When the H5i is set in Patient mode it will heat in the traditional manner until it reaches the desired setting of humidity or 80%. The H5i can be set from OFF to 6 and is adjusted from the HOME screen.
The maximum level of humidification is 80% whether using the SlimLine of ClimiteLine Tubing.
ClimateLine Tubing Information and Use:
- Tubing Options: ResMed's S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine has a number of tubing options. The SlimLine 15mm tube is a non-heated tube in a thin, flexible style. The machine can also be used with an OPTIONAL heated ClimateLine Tubing which integrates with the machine and H5i Heated Humidifier to provide increased humidification and reduced chances of rainout. The ClimateLine is available in two diameters. The SlimLine 15mm ClimateLine Tubing and a standard diameter 19mm ClimateLine Max Tubing. Additionally a standard diameter, non-heated tube may be used.
- ClimateLine Tubing Lengths: A traditional CPAP tube is 72 inches long. The optional 15mm ClimateLine Tubing length is 78 inches. The optional 19mm ClimateLine MAX Tubing length is 75 inches.
- Installation of the ClimateLine: The ClimateLine attaches to the back of the machine using the same port as a standard hose. The electronics connection is below the port and may be covered with a protective flexible rubber cap attached the machine. Place the machine so the back of the unit housing the filter and hose connection is facing you. After removing the rubber cap, orient the hose so the electronic tab is facing toward the filter. Push the tubing end firmly onto the port, then rotate the tube clockwise to fit the two electronic connections together.
- Removing the ClimateLine: To remove the ClimateLine from the back of the machine, rotate the hose counter clockwise. The electronic connections disengage allowing the hose to removed. Cover the machine's electronic port with the flexible rubber cap to protect the connections.
A traditional CPAP tube is 72 inches long. The optional ClimateLine Tubing length is 78 inches. The optional ClimateLine MAX tubing length is 75 inches.
Per the manufacturer, the SmartStart auto on / off feature of this machine may not function as intended when used with a nasal pillow mask and a pressure setting of 7 cm H2O or less. If this feature does not appear to be functioning with this type of mask and pressure setting, this comfort feature can be turned off. Please refer to the User Guide for more information.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
Battery Power for S9 VPAP Auto
The following information is applicable for the ResMed S9 VPAP Auto alone or with a heated humidifier. Keep in mind that using a heated humidifier will reduce the run time of the battery by approximately one half.
- DC capable: Use the DC Converter 24V 90W For S9™ Machines to operate the S9 VPAP Auto from a DC power source (battery).
- ResMed Power Station II Battery Kit for S9™ Machines: This battery kit made my ResMed provides great compatibility by using the S9's power supply for charging.
- S9™ Series DC Cable for ResMed Power Station (RPS) II: Already own a ResMed RPS II but are missing the S9 connection? This cord is made specifically for S9 units to connect to the RPS II battery.
- Inverter Requirement: Already have an inverter you want to use? A Modified Sine Wave Inverter rated at a minimum of 150W with an output of sine wave, square wave, triangle wave or sawtooth wave may be used. A higher wattage may be used if desired. CPAP.com offers the 150 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter. Please note that direct DC connection will result in approximately twice as much run time compared to use with an inverter.
The DC Converter 24V/90W For S9 Machines is required to use the following machines with DC power directly from a battery:
- S9 Escape™ CPAP Machine with EPR™
- S9 Elite™ CPAP Machine with EPR™
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine
- S9 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with H5i™ Heated Humidifier for Her
- S9 VPAP™ Auto BiLevel Machine
- S9 VPAP S BiLevel Machine
Failure to use the ResMed DC Converter 24V/90W For S9 Machines can result in damage to your CPAP.
The Freedom Travel Battery Pack weighs only 1.7 pounds and is light enough to be carried anywhere, providing hours of CPAP therapy-- even off-the-grid. The Freedom Travel Battery is designed for any traveler, from true road warriors to anyone going on a vacation.
PLEASE NOTE: The Resmed 24 Volt Power Converter Kit (sold separately) is needed to connect the S9 to the Freedom Battery.
The ResMed Power Station II is a battery kit made specifically for S9 machines. This battery kit includes all necessary components to connect to a S9 machine. It can be used with all S9 Series machines, and the battery is charged with the S9 power supply and cord. The battery can be used during travel or at home as a battery back up if electricity is lost.
The battery has an estimated run time of 13 hours with an S9 machine set at 10 cmwp without a heated humidifier. Please note the addition of a heated humidifier will greatly reduce the run time of the battery. Please reference the ResMed Battery/Device List for more information on Battery Run Time.