"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERFinally found a full face mask that fits a small face. No longer have to sleep holding my mask against my face."
December 16, 2014
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERGreat product, very satisfied. Even more satisfied with the quick shipping and receipt of product."
September 12, 2014
The Amara Full Face CPAP Mask by Philips Respironics features an easy to use minimal design making it smaller and lighter than traditional full face masks. Offering two seal options, the cushion is available in either Gel or Silicone.
Manufactured by Philips Respironics.
1% of Full Face Mask product buyers choose this product.
Philips Respironics expands on the Amara Full Face CPAP Mask line by offering gel and silicone cushion options. The lightweight frame and headgear are compatible with all sizes and types of Amara cushion making the Amara a versatile choice for full face mask users.
- Gel or Silicone Cushion
- Dual Wall Seal
- Lightweight Materials
- Easy to Use and Clean
- Adjustable Forehead Support
- Quiet Exhalation Ports
- Flexible and Compatible
Gel or Silicone Dual Wall Cushion Options
The Amara Full Face Mask is available in four sizes with a gel or silicone cushion. Both cushion types offer a dual wall design which provides a comfortable, stable seal.
The silicone cushion offers a more traditional seal. As the air flows to the mask the thin outer silicone flap of the cushion seals against the face while the inner wall supports and stabilizes the mask position. The gel cushion features the comfort and contoured fit for which gel is known. The outer gel flap conforms to the user's face while the thicker inner wall molds to the face to support and stabilize the seal.
All size cushions in both gel and silicone are compatible with the Amara frame and headgear. The cushion snaps on and off the frame easily for cleaning and changing cushions.
The Amara is an option for those who want a full face mask that is lighter than traditional designs. The mask frame and elbow are made of lightweight material.
Daily cleaning is quick and simple. The cushion seal is attached to a clear, one piece shell omitting the need to fit a cushion onto a mask frame. The cushion shell is removed and replaced with a single click onto the mask frame and elbow assembly.
Adjustable Forehead Support
The Amara forehead support features a fine-glide button which allows the forehead support depth to be easily adjusted by small increments to create the best seal possible. The proven Premium Forehead Pad for Comfort Series CPAP Masks balances the support to help maintain a stable seal.
Quiet Exhalation Ports
The Amara features Philips Respirionics micro exhalation ports found in previous masks. The number and size of the ports allows for quiet operation and directs airflow away from the user and bed partners.
Flexible & Compatible
All sizes and types of Amara cushions work with the RS Frame. The single click design of the Amara allows the cushion to be changed easily. To replace, align the port on the front of the cushion with the elbow on the inside of the frame and push until there is an audible click. Headgear and frames from the previous version are also compatible.
Headgear, Frame & Cushion Sizes
The Amara headgear is sized to provide optimal fit and seal of the mask. Amara size Petite and Small come packaged with Reduced Size or "RS" headgear. Medium and Large Amara masks come packaged with original size headgear.
The Amara Full Face Mask comes with the Reduced Size or "RS" frame. The original silicone Amara was available in two frame sizes: Regular and Reduced Size.
- The Reduced Size frame for the Amara fits all size silicone and gel cushions.
- Both the Reduced Size and Regular frame from the original Amara fits all sizes of silicone and gel cushions.
- To check if the frame is Reduced Size, look for the letters "RS" printed under the headgear clip area.
Interested in Trying Both Cushion Types?
Philips Respironics offers the Amara Full Face CPAP Mask with Gel & Silicone Cushions which includes both the gel and silicone cushion in the selected size.
Free Returns Less Shipping 30 Days From Purchase
This Product Includes...
- Mask In Selected Size
Material Components for Amara Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
- Frame: Polycarbonate
- Silicone Cushion: Silicone
- Forehead Pad: Silicone
- Exhalation Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Exhalation Chip: Acetal Copolymer
- Elbow Swivel: Polycarbonate
- Split Washer: Polycarbonate
- Forehead Adjuster/ Bracket: Polycarbonate
- Headgear Clip: Thermoplastic Polyester Elastomer
- Headgear: UBL; Urethane Foam; Nylon; Lycra
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
The Amara headgear should be worn loosely with enough space for two fingers to fit between the headgear strap and the face.
Philips Respironics Size Comparison Suggestions
- FullLife Small = Amara Small
- FullLife Medium = Amara Medium
- FullLife Medium Wide = Amara Large
- FullLife Large = Amara Large
- ComfortFull 2 Small = Amara Small
- ComfortFull 2 Medium = Amara Medium
- ComfortFull 2 Large = Amara Large
- Initial Fitting:
- Turn the machine on, momentarily pull the mask away from the face and then re-seat.
- Next adjust the forehead support to fit the face.
- Finally, adjust the straps as desired to eliminate leaks.
- Positioning the Cushion:
In order for the cushion to create an ideal seal, identify a line just below the eyes. The cushion's uppermost peak should be placed at this point on the nose, which should be a lower seal point than other full face masks. A different size cushion may be needed if a seal cannot be obtained with this positioning.
- Higher Pressures:
If leaks are experienced at high pressures, this could be a result of the mask being a bit too big. If that occurs, a smaller sized cushion is suggested.
Where do I Find the Size?
To find the size of the mask frame, hold the cushion of the mask, so that is is facing the user. On the right side of the frame, the word "Amara" is printed. Under the headgear clip area, the letters "RS" will be printed if it is the reduced size frame. No letters will be printed under the clips if it is a standard size. Also, the supplier part number is located on the front of the mask frame to help determine the size of the mask frame. Turning the mask, so that the swivel is facing the user, locate the bottom right of the mask frame where the curve touches the cheek. The larger number written along the curve is the supplier part number, which corresponds to a specific size.
The Amara Full Face CPAP Mask cushion is replaceable and has an identifiable size located on the front of the cushion. To find the size of the full face cushion, hold the cushion so that the flap is facing away from the user. A large opening is found in the middle of the mask, connecting the cushion to the mask frame. The black letter located just below the opening will indicate the size of the full face cushion.
System One Resistance Control Tips
If using a Respironics System One machine, a system one resistance control number from Respironics can be set to allow the machine to compensate for different mask types. The resistance control number for the Amara Full Face CPAP Mask is X1. Please Note: System One Resistance Control is for System One Machines only.
Where do I Find the Size of the Amara Headgear?
Hold the cushion of the mask toward the user with the headgear and mask assembled for regular use. Locate the right side of the headgear from this position. The letters "RS" are printed under the Velcro tab on the bottom headgear's strap if the headgear is the reduced size. No letters will be printed on any of the tabs if it is the standard size.
For ease of cleaning and maintenance, the Amara cushion is permanently attached to a clear acrylic shell. The two cannot be separated.
Forehead Pad Note
The Amara uses the same forehead pad that is used on the Comfort Series. A 4 pack of these pads can be viewed here: Forehead Pad for Comfort Series Masks (4 Pack)
Amara Product History Information
At the time of the initial release of the mask line, all sizes of the Amara (Small, Medium & Large) were offered on the original size frame with the original size headgear.
In mid 2013 the manufacturer began offering the Small & Medium on the RS frame with the RS headgear. At that time size Petite was added to the mask line, it was packaged with the RS frame and headgear.
In Sept 2013 the manufacturer began offering all sizes of Amara on the RS - Reduced Size frame. RS headgear are packaged with size Petite & Small masks. Medium & Large masks are packaged with the original size headgear.
Customer ReviewsView All Reviews
CPAP Video & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Are prescriptions required for mask, machine, humidifier, and EPAP purchases?
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to email@example.com
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
- Which CPAP masks work on which machines?
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
- How do I choose the mask that is right for me?
- We provide our customers with many tools to make informed decisions about their mask purchases. Options include:
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available masks, feature by feature. IF you're unsure of the meaning of a feature, click on or hover over the question mark for a pop out definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Compare Most Popular Masks
Compare All Masks
- Browse Our Mask Product Categories. These categories show each mask our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in-house opinion of the quality of the mask based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
Nasal Mask Category
Full Face Mask Category
Nasal Pillow Mask Category
Nasal Prong Mask Category
Hybrid Mask Category
Oral Mask Category
Total Face Mask Category
- Sizing Guides. Many Nasal and Full Face masks have sizing guides available to help determine the size needed. Simply print the sizing guide, cut out if needed, and use a mirror or helper to look at the guide to see if it is a proper fit on the face. Please note, to ensure the guide is the proper size, it should be printed in PDF format at 100% scale, meaning "Fit to Page" may have to be disabled.
- Return Insurance. With every mask we sell, you have the option of purchasing return insurance. Masks are FDA approved medical devices. Once a mask is used, it cannot be resold to another customer. CPAP.com was the first in the industry to offer return insurance to our customers. Return insurance provides 30 days for you to try a mask and return it for any reason for a refund of the price of the mask. If you are trying a mask for the first time, return insurance might be right for you.
We also offer Free Return Insurance on some masks.
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- How do I care for my mask?
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
- How often should I replace my mask?
- Medicare allows for mask cushion replacement every three (3) months, and a complete mask system replacement every six (6) months. CPAP manufacturers and vendors suggest these replacement schedules as well.
In our experience, most mask cushions begin to deteriorate after about six months of use. The cushion eventually becomes too soft to hold a seal. The headgear straps lose elasticity and must be tightened more and more to get the same quality seal.
We strongly suggest replacing cushions and pillows as soon as they start to soften. Air leaks may reduce the effectiveness of CPAP therapy and headgear that is too tight may cause facial sores at pressure points. In most cases, replacement headgear is available if it is stretched out or the Velcro worn out.
To see what parts of your mask are replaceable refer to our Replacement Part Finder. Just search for your mask to see all of the replaceable parts.
- What are the CPAP, BiPAP, Sleep Apnea, and Oxygen related HCPCS, CPT or billing codes?
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
- What does a mask prescription need to say?
- A mask prescription must contain all of the following information:
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP Mask", "CPAP Supplies", "CPAP Humidifier", "CPAP", "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure", "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto", "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Here are some of our top selling masks:
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
+ See More
- Why might I prefer a nasal mask?
- The ideal CPAP mask is not noticeable to the user during CPAP therapy. If you breathe through your nose only, the nasal mask may offer the best therapy. Nasal cushions create a very good seal around your nose, while keeping a small profile. Also, nasal masks can be found in silicone, gel, foam, or cloth material. The SleepWeaver masks are the only cloth masks on the market, and are a very popular choice among nasal mask users. Lastly, most nasal masks have a forehead support which offers stability and support for the mask.