Important 60 Series Heated Humidifier Compatibility Notes
The 60 Series Heated Humidifier that interfaces with PR System One REMStar 60 Series machines CANNOT be used with any other machines made by Philips Respironics including other versions of the PR System One REMStar line of machines. It is compatible ONLY with System One REMStar 60 Series machines.
There are physical characteristics which identify the PR System One REMStar 60 Series machines and heated humidifiers. The humidifier used with the heated tube cannot physically be connected to any other versions of machine in the PR System One line. The heated tube is 72 inches in length.
Identifying PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series machines and heated humidifiers are charcoal gray with metallic silver side and instrument panels.
- Other PR System One units are dark gray with ivory colored side and instrument panels.
- The PR System One REMStar 60 Series machines have the words "System One" in raised or embossed letters stamped in silver on both the machine and humidifier.
- Other PR System One units do not have raised lettering, the branding information is painted or printed onto the unit.
- Machine and Humidifier Connections
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series machines and heated humidifiers have a 6 pin connection between the machine and humidifier.
- Other PR System One machines have a 4 pin connection between the machine and humidifier.
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series machines and heated humidifiers have a mechanical connection between the machine and humidifier.
- Other PR System One Units have 2 tabs on the humidifier that fit into 2 slots on the machine.
- Model Number Reference
- Label identification example: The label on the bottom of the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP lists: "REMStar Auto"; "REF" of 560P; and Serial Number identified by "SN". The number 560 references the part number of the machine.
- The label on the bottom of other versions of System One machines lists: Machine name; "REF" that does not have the number "6" in the second position from the left; and Serial Number identified by "SN". For example the label on the bottom of a PR System One REMstar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex lists "REMStar Auto" and "REF" of 550P. The number 550 references the part number of the machine.
Pairing Bluetooth with Mobile Devices
Bluetooth technology allows for a wireless transfer of data from the machine to the designated SleepMapper app to deliver sleep results to a handheld device.
SleepMapper Mobile Compatibility
The SleepMapper app may be used with an iPhone iOS 6 device or newer as well as an Android 2.2 OS or newer. Please Note: A smartphone is not included with the purchase of the 60 Series Pro with Bluetooth.
SleepMapper App Tips
- SleepMapper will only work with Philips Respironics machines.
- Install the SleepMapper App on your phone or tablet for free.
- Visit the i-Tunes store or the Google Play website to download the SleepMapper app.
- The machine SD card can be used in conjunction with SleepMapper.
SleepMapper Name Changed to DreamMapper
When searching for the Respironics' SleepMapper app on an Apple or Android device, the name SleepMapper will no longer appear in iTunes or Google Play. Instead, the web based app displays the name DreamMapper, which is the newer version of the app. Please Note: Though the name has changed, the information provided remains the same. DreamMapper is still compatible with all 60 series machines which use the bluetooth feature.
Power Supply and Cord Included
If the 60 Series machine alone or machine and standard (non-heated tube) humidifier are purchased, the External 60 Watt Power Supply for PR System One REMstar 60 Series Machines and a power cord will be included.
If the Auto CPAP is purchased with the heated tube humidifier, an 80 Watt Power Supply and power cord are included. The DreamStation 80 Watt Power Supply is the newer version and is compatible with 60 Series machines.
The power supply and cord are found in a pocket behind the black flap on the interior wall of the travel bag. Pull the fabric tab to release the fastener and access the equipment.
The PR System One Heated Tube for 60 Series Machines is a heated hose that integrates with the 60 Series Heated Humidifier. The heated tube connects to electrical ports on the humidifier.
Not using the Heated Humidifier? The heated tube can still be used by connecting to ports on the air outlet on the side of the machine. In this configuration, the hose will not heat and will act as a standard hose.
In addition to this heated tube that works with the System One 60 Series Machines, a traditional CPAP hose can be used. Set the size of hose you will be using in the Set Up Menu under "Tubing Type". Select either 15 mm or 22 mm depending on the size tube being used.
System One Resistance Control Settings
Please reference this link to find the resistance control setting for the different Philips Respironics masks: System One Resistance Control Settings.
Side Cover Panel Note: The manufacturer does NOT include the side cover panel when a 60 Series machine and heated humidifier are purchased together as a set. This part may be purchased separately: Side Panel for PR System One 60 Series CPAP Machines. If the machine is used without the humidifier, this plate may be snapped onto the side of the machine.
Optional System One 60 Series Heated Tube Set-Up Instructions: Philips Respironics provides these instructions for setting up the heated tube: System One 60 Series Heated Tube Set-Up
Type of Tube Included with Purchase Note: If the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP Machine is purchased alone, meaning WITHOUT the heated humidifier, the manufacturer includes only their standard, NON-HEATED tube with the machine. If the machine is purchased with the 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier, the manufacturer includes only the HEATED TUBE with the product. The standard tube is NOT included when the heated humidifier is purchased.
PR System One 60 Series Humidifier Modes: PR System One REMstar 60 machines version 1.22 or higher have two humidification modes:
- Classic Humidification
- System One Humidification
Version Note: To determine the version of software installed on a PR System One REMStar 60 machine, unplug the machine and plug it back into an outlet. The version is displayed on the screen when the unit is first plugged into an outlet. The humidification settings are displayed only when a PR System One Heated Humidifier is attached to the machine.
Classic Mode Humidification
The Classic mode of humidification allows the CPAP user to control the heat setting on the humidifier. The user will select "Classic" mode settings C1,C2, C3, C4 or C5. The "C" in front of the humidification setting indicates "Classic". C1 is the lowest level of humidification and C5 is the highest level of humidification.
Classic Mode Humidification Available ONLY With a Standard, Non-Heated Tube: If the PR System One Heated Tube for 60 Series Machines is attached to the humidifier the Classic mode humidification will not be offered. Only System One Humidification mode is offered when the heated tube is attached. To use the Classic mode of humidification attach a non-heated tube to the humidifier.
System One Humidification Mode
The System One Humidification uses the technology of the system to set the level of humidification delivered. The machine makes the decision based on the humidity present in the room air. The CPAP user decides how much they want to receive. A setting of 1 delivers the lowest humidity level and a setting of 5 delivers the highest level. The humidification setting will show 1 - 5. The letter "C" will NOT precede the number.
Passover Humidification, Heat Off Mode
Want to use the equipment as a passover humidifier? Turn the heated humidifier off by setting the humidifier to zero "0". The air from the machine will pass over the water in the chamber acting as a passover humidifier.
Setting the Humidification Mode and Level:
- The humidifier menu will show ONLY when the humidifier is attached to the machine.
- Using the wheel on the machine, select "Setup" menu.
- Scroll down the menu offerings to locate: "SYSTEM ONE humidification".
- Set to "On" to allow the technology of the machine to set the amount of humidification delivered to the system based on the setting of 1 -5. When in the SYSTEM ONE humidification mode there is no letter indicator next to the number.
- Set to "Off" to control the heat setting manually. The letter "C" is displayed in front of the humidification number to indicate "Classic". C1 is the lowest heat setting and C5 is the highest heat level.
- Set the humidification level by adjusting the number to the right of "Humidifier", the menu item below SYSTEM ONE humidification. 1 is the least and 5 is the most humidification.
60 & 80 Watt Power Supply and DC Cable Note:
If the 60 Series Auto CPAP machine is purchased individually it will include a 60 Watt power supply. If the 60 Series Auto CPAP machine is purchased with the heated tube humidifier and heated tube, it will include an 80 Watt power supply. The 60 Watt power supply will not power the heated tube. If using the Heated Tube Humidifier and Heated Tube, the 80 Watt power supply MUST be used to successfully heat the tube.
The 60 watt supply weighs 10.95 oz and is 4.5" L x 2.75" W x 3" H with the cord wrapped around. The 80 watt supply weighs 1 lb 3 oz and is 6" L x 2.75" W x 3.25" H with the cord wrapped around.
The External 80 Watt Power Supply for PR System One REMstar 60 Series Machines is NOT compatible with other versions of PR System One machines. The connection peg that plugs into the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machine is a specific size and will fit only this machine. The external power supply for this machine has different specifications than the External Power Supply for PR System One REMstar CPAP and BiPAP Machines used with other machines in the Philips Respironics lines. The Power Cord that plugs the external power supply into the wall outlet is the same for all System One Machine.
The Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines that is compatible with PR System One 60 Series Machines works ONLY PR System One 60 Series Machines. The 12 Volt DC Power Cord (connects CPAP to cigarette lighter socket) used with other PR System One machines IS NOT compatible with PR System One 60 Series Machines.
On Screen Data Note: The on screen data is available after the user has reach "compliancy" as set by the manufacturer. Compliancy is established by the number of instances of use that are 4 hours or greater in length. After 21 of the last 30 days of use are 4 hours or greater in length, the date will display on the screen, along with the data.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.