Quattro™ Air Full Face Mask with Headgear
Quattro Air Full Face Mask with Headgear Overview
ResMed's Quattro™ Air Full Face Mask with Headgear is the next evolution in their popular Quattro mask line. The minimal design makes it 45% lighter than the very popular Mirage Quattro. With only four parts it is easy to maintain and clean. The advanced design of the Spring Air™ cushion aims to create a secure seal with more comfort at the bridge of the nose. Together, the lightweight frame and cushion mean a more comfortable therapy experience.
As demonstrated by the long running popularity of their products, ResMed knows full face masks. The third generation Quattro™ Air Full Face Mask with Headgear builds on those successes with the next product in their Quattro full face mask line.
- Easy Use and Care
- Only 4 Parts
- Lightweight Frame
- Flex-wing Forehead Support
- Spring Air™ Dual Wall Cushion Design
- SoftEdge™ Headgear
- Quick Release Elbow
- Circular Diffused Venting
Minimal Design - Easy Care
With only four parts, the minimalistic design of the Quattro Air is simple to use and clean. It is made up of the mask frame, headgear, cushion and squeeze tab elbow. The lower headgear straps attach quickly and easily to the hooks located on the lower portion of the mask frame.
Frame & Forehead Support
The lightweight, open frame supports the cushion while limiting contact and pressure on the face. The silicone flex-wing forehead support automatically flexes into position without using forehead pads. Only the headgear touches the forehead for a comfortable feel. The frame of the Quattro Air is sized to fit the size of the cushion.
Spring Air Cushion Design
The Spring Air cushion of the Quarttro Air means an enhanced seal that is lightweight and flexible. The dual wall design reduces pressure and supports the seal with a greater level of comfort at the bridge of the nose. As the therapy air flows into the mask it inflates the cushion to create a seal between the it and the face. This is a full face mask and seals around both the nose and mouth making it suitable for those whose mouths drop open during sleep or use a high therapy pressure. The cushion can be replaced to extend the life of the mask.
SoftEdge Headgear Design
Specific to the Quattro Air, the SoftEdge headgear has a unique texture and feel to support the fit and seal in comfort. It is designed to be worn loosely to allow the mask cushion to evenly distribute the pressure. Easy to put on and remove, connect the headgear to the mask by slipping the headgear over the hook on the side of the frame. No need to refit the headgear each time. Once the headgear fit is set, just slip it into place for use.
The Quattro Air comes packaged with the size Standard headgear which is light gray and pale blue. The headgear is available in size Small and will be available for purchase separately.
Quick Release Elbow & Circular Vent Design
Ease of cleaning and assembly is key to the Quattro Air. The fully rotating elbow is a single piece with quick release tabs for cleaning. It easily snaps on and off the mask frame. The circular vent is designed to gently diffuse air away from the user and bed partners.
This Product Includes...
- Instruction Booklet
Material Components for Quattro™ Air Full Face Mask with Headgear
- Cushion & Frame: Silicone Elastomer; Nylon
- Elbow: Nylon; Polypropylene; Thermoplastic Elsatomer; Silicone Elastomer
- Headgear: Nylon / Lycra; Polyurethane Foam
Therapy Pressure Range: 3 to 40 cmwp
Machine Mask Setting: "Full Face" or "Mir Full"
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
Sizing Quattro Air: ResMed recommends the following for sizing.
- Quattro Air & Quattro Sizing Gauge.
- The Quattro Air is the same size as the original Quattro Full Face Mask. A size Medium Quattro equates to a size Medium Quattro Air.
- When comparing the Quattro Air to the Quattro FX Full Face Mask, step up a size. For example, if a Small Quattro FX is used successfully, step up to a size Medium in the Quattro Air.
Care & Cleaning: ResMed recommends disassembling and washing the mask daily. Headgear should be hand washed using a mild household detergent once a week and laid flat to dry. Do not put the headgear in the dryer.
Fitting: ResMed recommends the following steps for fitting the Quattro Air.
- Remove the elbow by depressing the side buttons on the elbow
- Attach the headgear to the upper headgear hooks at the forehead support.
- Make a loop for each side of the lower headgear strap by attaching the Velcro closure to the strap.
- Place the Flex-wing forehead support on the forehead, swing the headgear over the back of the head.
- Adjust the upper headgear straps enough to hold the mask in place.
- Hook the lower headgear straps over the lower headgear hooks located at the bottom sides of the frame.
- Loosely adjust the tension at the lower and upper headgear straps.
- Reattach the elbow to the mask and attach the long hose from the machine to the elbow.
- Lay down, and with the air from the machine flowing, fine tune the strap tension adjustments.
Quattro Air & Supplemental Oxygen Use: The Quattro Air does not have a supplemental oxygen port. If supplemental oxygen is needed consider the Oxygen Enrichment Adapter as an option.
Where do I find the size?
The size of the mask frame is directly proportionate to the size of the cushion. The size of the mask frame is not identifiable, except by applying the cushion size to the corresponding frame. To properly function, the Quattro™ Air frame and cushion must be the same size. The frame and cushion sizes cannot be mixed and matched.
To find the size of the full face cushion, turn the mask so that the elbow is facing the user. Look to the lower right side of the full face cushion to locate a large embossed letter within a circle. The letter will indicate the size the full face cushion.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
Compare Most Popular Masks
Compare All Nasal Masks
Compare All Full Face Masks
Compare All Nasal Pillow Masks
Compare All Nasal Prong Masks
Compare All Hybrid Masks
Compare All Oral Masks
Compare All Total Face CPAP Masks
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available masks, feature by feature. IF you're unsure of the meaning of a feature, click on or hover over the question mark for a pop out definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Compare Most Popular Masks
Compare All Masks
- Browse Our Mask Product Categories. These categories show each mask our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in-house opinion of the quality of the mask based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
Nasal Mask Category
Full Face Mask Category
Nasal Pillow Mask Category
Nasal Prong Mask Category
Hybrid Mask Category
Oral Mask Category
Total Face Mask Category
- Sizing Guides. Many Nasal and Full Face masks have sizing guides available to help determine the size needed. Simply print the sizing guide, cut out if needed, and use a mirror or helper to look at the guide to see if it is a proper fit on the face. Please note, to ensure the guide is the proper size, it should be printed in PDF format at 100% scale, meaning "Fit to Page" may have to be disabled.
- Return Insurance. With every mask we sell, you have the option of purchasing return insurance. Masks are FDA approved medical devices. Once a mask is used, it cannot be resold to another customer. CPAP.com was the first in the industry to offer return insurance to our customers. Return insurance provides 30 days for you to try a mask and return it for any reason for a refund of the price of the mask. If you are trying a mask for the first time, return insurance might be right for you.
We also offer Free Return Insurance on some masks.
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
To find parts which are compatible with your mask, or to find which parts of your mask are replaceable, do the following:
In our experience, most mask cushions begin to deteriorate after about six months of use. The cushion eventually becomes too soft to hold a seal. The headgear straps lose elasticity and must be tightened more and more to get the same quality seal.
We strongly suggest replacing cushions and pillows as soon as they start to soften. Air leaks may reduce the effectiveness of CPAP therapy and headgear that is too tight may cause facial sores at pressure points. In most cases, replacement headgear is available if it is stretched out or the Velcro worn out.
To see what parts of your mask are replaceable refer to our Replacement Part Finder. Just search for your mask to see all of the replaceable parts.
As to whether or not you can use different size cushions for a specific mask on the same mask frame, this also depends on the mask. Some mask frames are compatible with multiple cushion or pillow sizes, while other mask frames only fit cushions of the same size. This information is provided on the product pages. Please review the page of the specific product you are interested in to learn if you will need a different size mask frame for each size of cushion or pillow. For assistance, contact us at 800.356.5221.
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP Mask", "CPAP Supplies", "CPAP Humidifier", "CPAP", "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure", "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto", "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Here are some of our top selling masks:
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
+ See More
A full face mask or hybrid mask can be used without a chinstrap because the seal covers both the nose and mouth. A full face mask will allow you to breathe through your mouth or through your nose.
If you suffer from chronic sinus issues, a full face mask or an oral face mask are good options. Oral masks work best for mouth breathers with blocked nasal passages. You must use a heated humidifier with the oral mask. CPAP.com sells the Oracle HC452 Oral CPAP mask.
If you are a mouth breather who cannot or who does not want to wear a chinstrap, please see our recommended masks for Mouth Breathers.
Here are some suggested items that may help with mouth breathing:
Full Face Masks
- Masks: In our experience, some masks allow for movement in different sleeping positions better than others. See our recommended masks for Active or Side/Stomach Sleepers.
- Special CPAP Pillows: Regular bed pillows can put pressure against the mask and cause leaks. CPAP pillows are made with CPAP users in mind. These special pillows are designed to minimize the contact of the CPAP mask with the pillow, even when you are sleeping on your side.
Nasal pillow masks are also liked by full bearded CPAP users. If you are a person who breathes through your mouth remember to use a chinstrap.
Total face masks encompass the entire face and can be an option for people with facial hair.
Masks with a gel or foam cushion can also be better with facial hair as they are able to mold better to the face to create a seal.
See our recommended masks for people with Facial Hair.
If you awake in the morning to find your mouth is dry, then you are most likely breathing through your mouth, and one of these masks will work for you. See our masks for Mouth Breathers.
Some CPAP users move to using a full face mask after finding that using a nasal mask along with a chinstrap does not meet their sleep therapy needs. Some CPAP users use a full face mask when suffering from seasonal allergies.
- You have chronic sinus issues and it is not possible to breathe solely through your nose.
- You would like a full face mask to use when you are congested due to seasonal allergies or a cold.
- Your mouth drops open during sleep and using a chinstrap with a nasal, nasal pillow, or nasal prong mask did not meet your therapy needs.
Hybrid Masks are another option for people who fall into the circumstances listed above. Hybrid masks deliver airflow to both the nose and mouth using nasal pillows and an oral cushion.
Here are some of our top selling full face masks:
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Simplus Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ F10 Full Face Mask with Headgear
+ See More
This allows the cushion to maintain a seal during movement. There can be a tendency to over tighten a full face mask which causes one side or the other to lift off the face.
Here are some items we carry that can help with mask leaks:
RemZzzs Padded Full Face CPAP Mask Liners
Silent Night Full Face CPAP Mask Liners
Boomerang Gel Pad
+ See More
did not seal up on the bridge of nose even when pulled tight
I have had several of these masks and most have lasted a year or more. The last one lasted three months and the small seal came off of where the hose connects to the mask. Sounds like a jet engine, I chated with CPAP.com and they told me that 3 months was the normal life for the Resmed mask, and did I want to order another one? I may try to contact Resmed directly and see if they stand behind their product or do I look for a different brand? more...
I have had 2 of these before so this is #3. I have seen other masks but none have caught my eye to try so I stick with the tried and true that works for me. If I am going to try some else and spend more money I need some assurances. So for now it's the Quattro for me. more...
Item was exactly what I needed. Work great and excellent service to get a prescription from my doctor.
I found it difficult to prevent leaks, although loosening rather than tightening the straps (see instructions) did help. Unfortunately I always had leaks at the top with thin streams of air blowing into my eyes. I didn't particularly like the "butterfly" forehead pad. Also many of the new masks have magnetic clips, which are very nice, but this one has plastic hooks and the headgear slips over these, kind of primitive. more...
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesMask TypeFull FaceFull FaceFull FaceHeadgear IncludedYesYesYes
Mask FeaturesReplaceable CushionYesYesYesHeadgear Quick-ClipsNoYesYesGel CushionNoNoNoForehead SupportYesNoYesMask Cushion TypeSiliconeSiliconeSiliconeFree Return InsuranceYesYesYes
SizeMultiple Sizes IncludedNoNoNoSmall FaceNoNoYesWide FaceNoNoNo
Lifestyle NeedsActive SleeperNoYesNoMouth BreatherYesYesYesTV FriendlyNoYesNoClaustrophobicNoYesNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoFacial HairNoNoNo