Mirage Activa™ Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
Mirage Activa™ Nasal Mask Overview
ActiveCell Technology permits movement during sleep with less mask leakage. The ActiveCell Technology naturally adjusts to the different positions of sleepers who happen to move around a lot. It keeps you from having to over-tighten your headgear while it provides a great seal relieving discomfort while preventing aching sores from pressure points. It forms a bubble type seal which permits the frame of the mask to shift separately from the cushion. This assists in keeping the mask in place and sealed even while changing sleep positions.
Removable Cushion Clip is designed for quick mask cleaning.
One Touch Elbow allows for fast and simple removal of the air tube while wearing the mask.
Comfortable and Bendable Forehead Pads adapt to the shape of your forehead to provide a comfortable fit and quality seal.
Forehead Support adjusts in up to 4 different positions increasing stability and providing optimum comfort.
Headgear Quick Clips allows for fast and convenient removal of the mask without the need to re-adjust the headgear.
This Product Includes...
Short Tube Length - Excluding Cuffs: Approximately 7 inches
ResMed Headgear Sizes
Size Standard/Medium (16117) headgear comes packaged with:
- Mirage Micro
- Ultra Mirage Nasal Mask
- Ultra Mirage II Nasal Mask
- Mirage Activa
- Mirage Activa LT
- Mirage Softgel
- Mirage Quattro Full Face
ResMed also makes a smaller and larger size headgear (part number 16118 and 16119 respectively). All sizes will work with the above ResMed masks as well as the:
- Ultra Mirage Full Face Mask
- Original Mirage Activa
The Original Mirage Activa used a different Standard Headgear (60114). This product has been redesigned and is in aspects identical to Part Number 16117.
Material Components of Mirage Activa™ Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
- Frame: Polycarbonate
- Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Vent: Silicone Elastomer
- Cushion Clip: Polyester
- Headgear Clip: Polyester
- Forehead T-Bar: Polycarbonate
- Short Tube: Polyolefin Plastomer
- Short Tube Cuff: SEBS Based Thermoplastic Elastomer
- Swivel Assembly: Polycarbonate; Polypropylene
- Ports Cap: Silicone Elastomer
- Cushion: Silicone Elastomer
- Forehead Pad: Silicone Elastomer
- Headgear - Foam Layer: Open Cell Polyurethane
- Headgear - Loop Material: Nylon; Spandex
- Headgear - Underside Fabric: Nylon; Spandex
- Headgear - Fastener Tabs: Polycaprolactam
- Headgear - Cloth Label: Rayon Acetate Satin
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
For help with selecting the proper size cushion, use ResMed's Activa and Ultra Mirage II Nasal Sizing Guide. For additional help with changing out the Activa cushion or fitting directions, please review the Activa Mask Instructions.
The Activa frame, cushion clip and cushions are interchangeable.
Where do I find the size?
The Mirage Activa™ Nasal CPAP Mask frame has only one size that fits all cushions and is not labeled. The Mirage Activa™ cushion is replaceable and comes labeled. When examining the front of the mask, the size is printed on the left side of the cushion.
General Product Advisory: Mirage Activa LT
- Activa LT cushions and clips are compatible with the Original Activa Frame, but are not EXACT replacements
- The Activa LT frame is slightly smaller than the Original Activa mask frame; do not mix and match cushion clips
- Activa LT cushions work in conjunction with other Activa LT improvements; We recommend using the entire Active LT mask
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
Help Me Choose - Mask
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to email@example.com
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
In our experience, most mask cushions begin to deteriorate after about six months of use. The cushion eventually becomes too soft to hold a seal. The headgear straps lose elasticity and must be tightened more and more to get the same quality seal.
We strongly suggest replacing cushions and pillows as soon as they start to soften. Air leaks may reduce the effectiveness of CPAP therapy and headgear that is too tight may cause facial sores at pressure points. In most cases, replacement headgear is available if it is stretched out or the Velcro worn out.
To see what parts of your mask are replaceable refer to our Replacement Part Finder. Just search for your mask to see all of the replaceable parts.
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP Mask", "CPAP Supplies", "CPAP Humidifier", "CPAP", "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure", "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto", "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Here are some of our top selling masks:
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
+ See More
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available masks, feature by feature. IF you're unsure of the meaning of a feature, click on or hover over the question mark for a pop out definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Compare Most Popular Masks
Compare All Masks
- Browse Our Mask Product Categories. These categories show each mask our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in-house opinion of the quality of the mask based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
Nasal Mask Category
Full Face Mask Category
Nasal Pillow Mask Category
Nasal Prong Mask Category
Hybrid Mask Category
Oral Mask Category
Total Face Mask Category
- Sizing Guides. Many Nasal and Full Face masks have sizing guides available to help determine the size needed. Simply print the sizing guide, cut out if needed, and use a mirror or helper to look at the guide to see if it is a proper fit on the face. Please note, to ensure the guide is the proper size, it should be printed in PDF format at 100% scale, meaning "Fit to Page" may have to be disabled.
- Return Insurance. With every mask we sell, you have the option of purchasing return insurance. Masks are FDA approved medical devices. Once a mask is used, it cannot be resold to another customer. CPAP.com was the first in the industry to offer return insurance to our customers. Return insurance provides 30 days for you to try a mask and return it for any reason for a refund of the price of the mask. If you are trying a mask for the first time, return insurance might be right for you.
We also offer Free Return Insurance on some masks.
Always fast shipping and quality products
I have tried many of the masks here on. I have a true Charlie Brown big head. I can't find a micro mask that works without having to clamp it so tight to my head that it mashes into my sinuses making airflow prohibitive and/or causes such a blow out at the higher air rate I need that I just get no sleep and frustrated. This Mirage Activa is such an excellent mask. It may be larger but it inflates and floats on top and can handle the higher air flow without mashing down and restricting the underlying sinus passages. I hope they never stop making this one - EVER!!! I love this mask. more...
It had been a while since my last purchase of headgear, but the price and ease of ordering were great. The sales team worked out prescription with my doctor and I received the same high quality gear I used to pay much more for. Wipes for a penny were also a nice add-on more...
I've been using the Resmed Mirage Activa CPAP mask (and some of its related predecessors) for years. For whatever reason, I can't tolerate a gel mask, and I haven't been able to get comfortable with a nasal pillow mask, so thank goodness for this silicone stand-by. The only weakness with this mask is that the goose-neck connector will break after a period of time, but the mask is relatively inexpensive so it's not overly painful to replace it. Plus, CPAP.COM ships it out pretty quickly when you order; I've been very satisfied with how quickly they ship at even the basic shipping level! more...
I have used different masks over the years but this one is still my favorite.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesMask TypeNasalNasalNasalHeadgear IncludedYesYesYes
Mask FeaturesReplaceable CushionYesYesYesHeadgear Quick-ClipsYesYesNoGel CushionNoYesNoForehead SupportYesYesNoMask Cushion TypeSiliconeGelSiliconeFree Return InsuranceYesYesYes
SizeMultiple Sizes IncludedNoNoYesSmall FaceNoYesYesWide FaceNoNoYes
Lifestyle NeedsActive SleeperYesNoYesMouth BreatherNoNoNoTV FriendlyNoNoYesClaustrophobicNoNoYesDesigned For HerNoNoNoFacial HairNoYesNo