Mirage Micro™ Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
Mirage Micro™ Nasal Mask Overview
The Mirage Micro™ Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear was ResMed's first nasal CPAP mask to utilize the MicroFit forehead support system. This innovative design features the Mirage dual-walled cushion and improved exhalation ports. The MicroFit dial offers 24 positions, providing a personalized fit for over 95% of all users.
Dual-Wall Cushions. ResMed has created the dual-wall cushions in six sizes: Kids, Small, Medium, Large, Large Wide, and Extra Large. This cushion is designed to fit the widest range of faces.
Streamline Design. The thinner design opens up the user's line of sight.
Headgear Quick Clips. The headgear comes with quick clips that allow for fast and convenient removal of the mask without the need to re-adjust.
Easy Cleaning. This mask's stream line design includes fewer mask parts for quick and easy cleaning.
Improved Diffusion Vent
The Mirage Micro comes with a new diffusion vent that disperses air softly and quieter than before. The exhalation ports are configured in a circular design that greatly reduces the audible sound of exhaled air and redirects the airflow away from your bed partner.
The MicroFit dial allows CPAP users to find the right fit using 24 small incremental adjustments. The dual-wall cushion and forehead move in tandem as the dial is turned. This design is intended to address difficultly with "first time" fittings and ensure that is it not necessary to over tighten the mask's headgear.
Mirage Micro for Kids
The Mirage Micro for Kids is an ideal solution to fit your pediatric needs. The Micro for Kids uses a custom mask frame specifically designed for a small facial profile. A small headgear (ResMed part number 16118) and cushion come with the Micro for Kids. The mask is FDA approved and is intended for children Seven years and older with a weight of more than 40 lbs (18.2 kg). For help with fitting a child, please review ResMed's Mirage Micro for Kids Fitting Guide.
This Product Includes...
ResMed Headgear Sizes
Size Standard/Medium (16117) headgear comes packaged with:
- Mirage Micro
- Ultra Mirage Nasal Mask
- Ultra Mirage II Nasal Mask
- Mirage Activa
- Mirage Activa LT
- Mirage Softgel
- Mirage Quattro Full Face
ResMed also makes a smaller and larger size headgear (part number 16118 and 16119 respectively). All sizes will work with the above ResMed masks as well as the:
- Ultra Mirage Full Face Mask
- Original Mirage Activa
Material Components of Mirage Micro™ Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
- Frame: Polycarbonate
- Clear Dial: Polycarbonate
- Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Headgear Clip: Polycarbonate
- Forehead Support: Polycarbonate
- Swivel: 15% PTFE in Polycarbonate
- Ports Cap: Silicone Elastomer
- Cushion: Silicone Elastomer
- Forehead Pad: Silicone Elastomer
- Headgear Foam Layer: Open Cell Polyurethane
- Headgear Loop: Nylon/Spandex
- Headgear Underside Fabric: Nylon/Spandex
- Fastener Tabs: Polycaproloctam (Polyamide Family)
- Cloth Label: Rayon Acetate Satin
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
The ResMed Mirage Micro has two frame sizes (Small & Standard) and six cushion sizes (Kids, Small, Medium, Large, Large Wide, X-Large). Not all cushions fit all frames.
- Size Kids and Small have the same size frame, size Small. The Kids and Small cushion fit on the small frame. Other sizes do not fit the small frame.
- Size Medium, Large, Large Wide and X-Large have the same size frame, size Standard. Cushions sized to Medium, Large, Large Wide and X-Large fit on the size Standard frame. Size Kids and Small do not fit on the size Standard frame.
For help with selecting the proper size cushion, use ResMed's Mirage Micro and Activa LT Sizing Guide.
Where do I find the size?
The Mirage Micro™ Nasal CPAP Mask frame is offered in two sizes. The small size has an identifiable mark, while the standard size does not indicate the size of the mask frame.
To find the size of the mask frame, turn the mask to face the user. Locate the built-in connection ports for the headgear. Make sure the headgear clip is removed from the connector to make the size visible. If the letter "S" is embossed on the top of the connection point, then the mask frame is a size small. If a letter is not embossed into the Polycarbonate structure, then the mask frame is a standard size.
The cushions for the Mirage Micro™ Nasal CPAP Mask are replaceable. To find the size, turn the mask so that the user is looking directly at the flat bottom of the mask cushion. A small letter indicating the size of the nasal cushion is embossed between the arrows found on the bottom of the silicone cushion.
- The Small size mask, cushion and frame will not accommodate any other size. Sizes M, L, LW, and XL are interchangeable.
- The Small size mask, cushion and frame will not accommodate any other size. Sizes M, L, LW, and XL are interchangeable.
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
Help Me Choose - Mask
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
In our experience, most mask cushions begin to deteriorate after about six months of use. The cushion eventually becomes too soft to hold a seal. The headgear straps lose elasticity and must be tightened more and more to get the same quality seal.
We strongly suggest replacing cushions and pillows as soon as they start to soften. Air leaks may reduce the effectiveness of CPAP therapy and headgear that is too tight may cause facial sores at pressure points. In most cases, replacement headgear is available if it is stretched out or the Velcro worn out.
To see what parts of your mask are replaceable refer to our Replacement Part Finder. Just search for your mask to see all of the replaceable parts.
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP Mask", "CPAP Supplies", "CPAP Humidifier", "CPAP", "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure", "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto", "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Here are some of our top selling masks:
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
+ See More
I am still searching for a replacement for the EZ lite that I used to use. This mask feels like a Tupperware bowel strapped to your face. Not near enough cushion/rubber, the plastic puts too much direct pressure on my face leaving it very uncomfortable. more...
Shipping was fast and the mask and hose were great and reasonably priced.
1 person found this helpful.
sleeping better great mask
Great product, price and reliability
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesMask TypeNasalNasalNasalHeadgear IncludedYesYesYes
Mask FeaturesReplaceable CushionYesYesYesHeadgear Quick-ClipsYesYesNoGel CushionNoYesNoForehead SupportYesYesNoMask Cushion TypeSiliconeGelSiliconeFree Return InsuranceYesYesYes
SizeMultiple Sizes IncludedYesNoYesSmall FaceYesYesYesWide FaceYesNoYes
Lifestyle NeedsActive SleeperNoNoYesMouth BreatherNoNoNoTV FriendlyNoNoYesClaustrophobicYesNoYesDesigned For HerNoNoNoFacial HairNoYesNo