Ultra Mirage™ Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Ultra Mirage™ Full Face Overview
The Ultra Mirage™ Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear is a great solution for CPAP user who have frequent nasal congestion. Or, it can be useful to have on hand in case of a cold or bothersome allergies. The Ultra Mirage Full Face Mask cushion has a dual wall design to offer a reliable seal.
About 40 percent of people who use a CPAP machine and just about all BiLevel machine users lose pressure directly from the mouth. This happens usually through leaks from the mouth or via mouth breathing while wearing a nasal mask. The resulting loss in pressure may bring about flu-like characteristics, inadequate sleep therapy, and disrupted sleep. Since the Ultra Mirage full face mask covers both the nose and mouth it prevents pressure loss from mouth breathing thereby improving both your comfort and your sleep therapy.
- The forehead support adjusts in up to 4 different positions increasing stability and providing optimum comfort.
- Supple and bendable forehead pads adapt to the shape of your forehead to provide a comfortable fit and quality seal.
- Mirage cushion technology keeps you from having to over-tighten your headgear while it provides a great seal relieving discomfort and preventing aching sores from pressure points.
- The headgear is designed with quick clips allowing for fast and convenient removal of the mask without the need to re-adjust the headgear.
- Excellent air flow and integrated exhalation vents provide effective CO2 washout to make sure the sleep therapy is productive, even at a lower air flow.
This Product Includes...
Material Components of Ultra Mirage™ Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
- Frame: Polycarbonate
- Cushion Clip: Polycarbonate
- Swivel: Polycarbonate
- Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Swivel Clip: Polycarbonate
- Elbow Retainer: Polycarbonate
- Forehead Support: Polycarbonate
- Headgear Clip: Polyester (PBT)
- Ports Cap: Polycarbonate
- Forehead Pad: Silicone Elastomer
- Cushion: Silicone Elastomer
- Valve Membrane: Silicone Elastomer
- Headgear - Foam Layer: Open Cell Polyurethane
- Headgear - Loop Material: Nylon; Spandex
- Headgear - Fastener Tabs: Polycaprolactam
- Headgear - Underside Fabric: Nylon; Spandex
- Headgear - Cloth Label: Rayon Acetate Satin
Sizing Guide:ResMed Ultra Mirage Full Face CPAP Mask Sizing Guide
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
This mask is the updated version of the ResMed Series II Full Face Mask. The mask cushions are unchanged. The new "T" adjustable forehead support offers additional stability, making this mask clearly superior to the Series II.
The Ultra Mirage Full Face Mask comes packaged with a size Medium/Standard headgear. The headgear may be purchased separately in size Small, Medium/Standard, or Large: Headgear for Ultra Mirage Full Face Mask.
For help with fitting, please read through the Ultra Mirage Full Face User Guide.
There are three frame sizes for this mask (Small, Medium and Large). The cushions, cushion clips and frames are not interchangeable. Below is a list of frame compatibility.
- Small Frame and Clip will fit Small Cushions (standard and shallow)
- Medium Frame and Clip will fit Medium Cushions (standard and shallow)
- Large Frame and Clip will fit Large Cushions (standard and shallow)
Where Do I Find the Size?
- Frame: Turn the mask so the swivel is facing the user. On both the left and right side of the elbow, locate the connection point for the headgear clips. A letter representing the size of the mask frame is embossed into the top of the connection point for the headgear clips.
- Cushion Clip: The Ultra Mirage™ Full Face Mask Cushion Clip is found by turning the mask upside down with the headgear bar facing downward. The cushion clip, which connects the full face cushion to the mask frame has three tabs intended to connect to the mask frame. Locate the tab placed on the bottom of the mask, directly across from the elbow. The clear letter found on top of the tab notes the size of the cushion clip.
- Cushion: The size of the full face cushion is recorded in two places on the cushion. In order to find both sizes, it may be best to move the mask into an area with bright lights.
- With the elbow facing the user, turn the mask to the left. The size is embossed into the side of the silicone cushion in a space that is found between the headgear bar and the elbow.
- Turn the mask upside down with the swivel standing upright. Look directly in the middle of the cushion in the exact location where the letter from the cushion clip is located.
Please Note: ResMed's Ultra Mirage has a standard and shallow cushion. Standard cushions are not denoted, but shallow cushions will specifically state they are "shallow". For example, a large shallow cushion will appear as LARGE SHALLOW, while a standard large will appear as LARGE.
FOR AN OFFICIAL SIZING GUIDE: The fitting template for the Ultra Mirage™ Full Face mask is three-dimensional and not available online. Please contact ResMed Customer Service (800-424-0737) to request a fitting template.
The Size Standard (16117) is not packaged with the Ultra Mirage Full Face. The Mirage Full Face uses a different Standard Headgear (60674), which is in limited supply and out of production. As an alternative, use the ResMed Standard Size 16117. Size Standard (16117) headgear comes packaged with:
- Mirage Micro
- Ultra Mirage Nasal Mask
- Ultra Mirage II Nasal Mask
- Mirage Activa
- Mirage Activa LT
- Mirage Softgel
- Mirage Quattro Full Face
ResMed also makes a smaller and larger size headgear (part number 16118 and 16119 respectively). All sizes will work with the above ResMed masks as well as the Ultra Mirage Full Face Mask and Original Mirage Activa.
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
Help Me Choose - Mask
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to email@example.com
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
In our experience, most mask cushions begin to deteriorate after about six months of use. The cushion eventually becomes too soft to hold a seal. The headgear straps lose elasticity and must be tightened more and more to get the same quality seal.
We strongly suggest replacing cushions and pillows as soon as they start to soften. Air leaks may reduce the effectiveness of CPAP therapy and headgear that is too tight may cause facial sores at pressure points. In most cases, replacement headgear is available if it is stretched out or the Velcro worn out.
To see what parts of your mask are replaceable refer to our Replacement Part Finder. Just search for your mask to see all of the replaceable parts.
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP Mask", "CPAP Supplies", "CPAP Humidifier", "CPAP", "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure", "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto", "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Here are some of our top selling masks:
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
+ See More
Some CPAP users move to using a full face mask after finding that using a nasal mask along with a chinstrap does not meet their sleep therapy needs. Some CPAP users use a full face mask when suffering from seasonal allergies.
I love this mask however...I only bought 4 of these at a special price offer and this item should never be higher than this special price which is a fraction of the normal cost... medical device availability laws are being used to extract hard earned $$$ from we the people. more...
Best full mask to date which is 12 years.
I bought this thinking it would be like the Quatro but it is not. It may be ok for some users but not for me. The service at CPAP.com is excellent though and they guided me through an exchange and I am very satisfied with my experience! more...
I like the mask but it is difficult to disassemble for cleaning and my husband tends to sleep with mouth open which causes an air leak 2-4 times a night (disrupting my sleep). That being said, I haven’t found one that works any better. more...
Excellent mask and great seal, the only issue is the seal is very thin and tears easily if you hit it with a fingernail while adjusting it. more...
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesMask TypeFull FaceFull FaceFull FaceHeadgear IncludedYesYesYes
Mask FeaturesReplaceable CushionYesYesYesHeadgear Quick-ClipsYesYesYesGel CushionNoNoNoForehead SupportYesNoYesMask Cushion TypeSiliconeSiliconeSiliconeFree Return InsuranceYesYesYes
SizeMultiple Sizes IncludedNoNoNoSmall FaceYesNoYesWide FaceYesNoNo
Lifestyle NeedsActive SleeperNoYesNoMouth BreatherYesYesYesTV FriendlyNoYesNoClaustrophobicNoYesNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoFacial HairNoNoNo