The Amara Full Face Mask by Philips Respironics is smaller and lighter than other traditional full face masks. With a design focused on ease of use, the cushion can be quickly snapped into place with one simple click after cleaning.
FREE 30 Day Return Policy for this mask. Try the Amara risk free!
The Amara Full Face Mask was developed based on feedback from the sleep community, addressing common concerns with cleaning, weight, and assembly. The mask offers four sizes petite, small, medium, and large. At the time of ordering select the cushion size and, if offered, either the Reduced Size frame and headgear or the original size frame and headgear.
- Lightweight design
- Easy to clean
- One click assembly
- Fine-glide forehead adjustment
- Micro exhalation ports
- Quiet operation
- Talon quick release clips
- Sturdy headgear tabs
- Size Flexibility
The simplified design of the Amara full face mask makes it lighter than other leading full face masks. There is no cushion clip to manage, just snap the cushion in place with one click. The reduced weight and smaller overall design eliminates pressure to the face and reduces the dragging effect on headgear.
Mask Design Features
The Amara is designed to be simple to use and maintain. The cushion comes off easily for cleaning and the unique one click design allows it to snap back onto the frame quickly. With fewer components than many other masks in the category there are no small parts to lose.
Forehead Support Features
The fine-glide forehead adjuster changes the depth of the forehead pad by small increments allowing for fine tuning of the fit with one hand. The forehead pad balances the support over the width of the pad for stability.
Micro Exhalation Ports
Respironics uses their proven micro exhalation ports for quiet operation. The angle of the ports diffuses the airflow to reduce the sound. The position of the ports directs the airflow away from bed partners and the mask user.
The Amara headgear has sturdy, inlaid tabs for durability and is designed to offer a stable fit throughout the night. The quick release talon headgear clips make putting the mask on and off smoother. The clips are made of a soft plastic to hold up to use and snap into place with one click. Twist the talon clip to remove it from the mask frame.
Respironics designed the Amara to simplify changing out sizes to fit different size faces. There are 2 mask frame sizes: standard and reduced size 'RS.' Additionally, there are 2 headgear sizes - standard and reduced size 'RS.' The headgear is interchangeable between mask sizes.
Both the regular and RS sized headgear will fit on any size Amara mask and frame. All size cushions fit on either the regular or RS frame.
The Amara is offered in several configurations of frame, cushion and headgear sizes:
- "Petite - (Reduced Size Headgear & Frame)" - Comes with the petite cushion, RS frame, RS headgear
- "Small - (Reduced Size Headgear & Frame)" - Comes with the small cushion, RS frame, RS headgear
- "Medium - (Standard Headgear & Reduced Size Frame)" - Comes with the medium cushion, RS frame, Standard sized headgear
- "Small" - Comes with the small cushion, regular frame, regular headgear
- "Medium" - Comes with the medium cushion, regular frame, regular headgear
- "Large" - Comes with the large cushion, regular frame, regular headgear
Cushion NoteFor easier maintenance and cleaning, the Amara cushion is permanently attached to an acrylic shell and the two cannot be separated.
Sizing recommendations if you are changing from a ResMed Mirage Quattro™ Full Face Mask
If you are currently using a Mirage Quattro™ Full Face Mask and are trying the Amara, we recommend the following sizing recommendations:
- Amara Petite (Reduced Size Headgear & Frame) = Quattro™ X-Small
- Amara Small - (Reduced Size Headgear & Frame) = Quattro™ Small fitting a bit too large
- Amara Small = Quattro™ Small fitting well
- Amara Medium = Quattro™ Medium
- Amara Large = Quattro™ Large
Where do I find the size?
To find the size of the mask frame, hold the cushion of the mask, so that is is facing the user. On the right side of the frame, the word "Amara" is printed. Under the headgear clip area, the letters "RS" will be printed if it is the reduced size frame. No letters will be printed under the clips if it is a standard size. Also, the supplier part number is located on the front of the mask frame to help determine the size of the mask frame. Turning the mask, so that the swivel is facing the user, locate the bottom right of the mask frame where the curve touches the cheek. The larger number written along the curve is the supplier part number, which corresponds to a specific size.
The Amara Full Face CPAP Mask cushion is replaceable and has an identifiable size located on the front of the cushion. To find the size of the full face cushion, hold the cushion so that the flap is facing away from the user. A large opening is found in the middle of the mask, connecting the cushion to the mask frame. The black letter located just below the opening will indicate the size of the full face cushion.
System One Resistance Control Tips
If using a Respironics System One machine, a system one resistance control number from Respironics can be set to allow the machine to compensate for different mask types. The resistance control number for the Amara Full Face CPAP Mask is X1. Please Note: System One Resistance Control is for System One Machines only.
Where do I find the size of the Amara headgear?
Hold the cushion of the mask toward the user with the headgear and mask assembled for regular use. Locate the right side of the headgear from this position. The letters "RS" are printed under the Velcro tab on the bottom headgear's strap if the headgear is the reduced size. No letters will be printed on any of the tabs if it is the standard size.
Headgear & Forehead Support: the Amara is intended to be worn loosely. Adjust the headgear straps to allow two fingers of space between the strap and the face. With the machine turned on, pull the mask away from the face momentarily and re-seat on the face. Make any forehead pad adjustments to set the angle of the mask to fit the face. Lastly, make strap adjustments needed to eliminate leaks.
Cushion Position: when fitting the Amara, to achieve the ideal cushion seal, place the uppermost peak of the cushion on the nose at the level of a line running just below the eyes. This is a bit lower of a seal point on the nose than some other full face masks. If a seal is not obtained with this positioning, a smaller size cushion or frame size. All Amara cushion sizes fit both the standard and the RS (reduced size) frame.
High Pressures: if the Amara user experiences leaks at high pressures, this might be due to the mask being slightly too big. It is suggested to try a smaller cushion and/or the reduced size frame.
The middle of 2013 Philips Respironics began the process of discontinuing the regular size frame. All mask sizes will be packaged with the RS or reduced size frames. While supplies last, the original frame masks will still be available.
The Amara uses the same forehead pad as the Comfort Series masks. You can view a 4 pack here: Forehead Pad for Comfort Series Masks (4 Pack)
In House Testing Comments
The Amara felt noticeably light on the face of our tester, and the smaller forehead support arm was appealing while making watching TV more comfortable. Cleaning was quick and easy with the one-snap cushion. He did find some adjustments to headgear were needed to address slight leaks around the eyes and at the chin. For our in house tester, he found placing the mask lower on the chin helped to reduce these leaks.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to email@example.com
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
Compare Most Popular Masks
Compare All Nasal Masks
Compare All Full Face Masks
Compare All Nasal Pillow Masks
Compare All Nasal Prong Masks
Compare All Hybrid Masks
Compare All Oral Masks
Compare All Total Face CPAP Masks
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available masks, feature by feature. IF you're unsure of the meaning of a feature, click on or hover over the question mark for a pop out definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Compare Most Popular Masks
Compare All Masks
- Browse Our Mask Product Categories. These categories show each mask our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in-house opinion of the quality of the mask based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
Nasal Mask Category
Full Face Mask Category
Nasal Pillow Mask Category
Nasal Prong Mask Category
Hybrid Mask Category
Oral Mask Category
Total Face Mask Category
- Sizing Guides. Many Nasal and Full Face masks have sizing guides available to help determine the size needed. Simply print the sizing guide, cut out if needed, and use a mirror or helper to look at the guide to see if it is a proper fit on the face. Please note, to ensure the guide is the proper size, it should be printed in PDF format at 100% scale, meaning "Fit to Page" may have to be disabled.
- Return Insurance. With every mask we sell, you have the option of purchasing return insurance. Masks are FDA approved medical devices. Once a mask is used, it cannot be resold to another customer. CPAP.com was the first in the industry to offer return insurance to our customers. Return insurance provides 30 days for you to try a mask and return it for any reason for a refund of the price of the mask. If you are trying a mask for the first time, return insurance might be right for you.
We also offer Free Return Insurance on some masks.
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
To find parts which are compatible with your mask, or to find which parts of your mask are replaceable, do the following:
In our experience, most mask cushions begin to deteriorate after about six months of use. The cushion eventually becomes too soft to hold a seal. The headgear straps lose elasticity and must be tightened more and more to get the same quality seal.
We strongly suggest replacing cushions and pillows as soon as they start to soften. Air leaks may reduce the effectiveness of CPAP therapy and headgear that is too tight may cause facial sores at pressure points. In most cases, replacement headgear is available if it is stretched out or the Velcro worn out.
To see what parts of your mask are replaceable refer to our Replacement Part Finder. Just search for your mask to see all of the replaceable parts.
As to whether or not you can use different size cushions for a specific mask on the same mask frame, this also depends on the mask. Some mask frames are compatible with multiple cushion or pillow sizes, while other mask frames only fit cushions of the same size. This information is provided on the product pages. Please review the page of the specific product you are interested in to learn if you will need a different size mask frame for each size of cushion or pillow. For assistance, contact us at 800.356.5221.
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP Mask", "CPAP Supplies", "CPAP Humidifier", "CPAP", "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure", "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto", "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Here are some of our top selling masks:
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
+ See More
A full face mask or hybrid mask can be used without a chinstrap because the seal covers both the nose and mouth. A full face mask will allow you to breathe through your mouth or through your nose.
If you suffer from chronic sinus issues, a full face mask or an oral face mask are good options. Oral masks work best for mouth breathers with blocked nasal passages. You must use a heated humidifier with the oral mask. CPAP.com sells the Oracle HC452 Oral CPAP mask.
If you are a mouth breather who cannot or who does not want to wear a chinstrap, please see our recommended masks for Mouth Breathers.
Here are some suggested items that may help with mouth breathing:
Full Face Masks
- Masks: In our experience, some masks allow for movement in different sleeping positions better than others. See our recommended masks for Active or Side/Stomach Sleepers.
- Special CPAP Pillows: Regular bed pillows can put pressure against the mask and cause leaks. CPAP pillows are made with CPAP users in mind. These special pillows are designed to minimize the contact of the CPAP mask with the pillow, even when you are sleeping on your side.
Nasal pillow masks are also liked by full bearded CPAP users. If you are a person who breathes through your mouth remember to use a chinstrap.
Total face masks encompass the entire face and can be an option for people with facial hair.
Masks with a gel or foam cushion can also be better with facial hair as they are able to mold better to the face to create a seal.
See our recommended masks for people with Facial Hair.
If you awake in the morning to find your mouth is dry, then you are most likely breathing through your mouth, and one of these masks will work for you. See our masks for Mouth Breathers.
We have created a selection filter so you can easily see the masks that we would recommend for people with small faces. View Masks for Small Faces.
The CPAP pressure may be reduced if your mask is leaking. Your mask may be too big or too old. We would suggest you resize your mask to be sure you have the best fit. If your mask fits, but it is six to nine months old, it should be replaced. As the silicone in the mask cushion ages, it deteriorates and becomes too soft to hold a seal. For many masks, you can get a replacement cushion. See our Replacement Part Finder to see if your mask has a replaceable cushion.
If the CPAP air is being delivered effectively and without leaks, it may be that the pressure is set too low. Pressure settings may require change due to weight gain or loss and aging. You should speak to your doctor if you think your pressure may need to be adjusted.
An auto-adjusting CPAP machine (APAP) may be another solution. An APAP machine will provide the minimum amount of pressure required to keep your airway open on a breath-by-breath basis. With an APAP you can be sure your machine is always providing the correct amount of pressure needed.
Here are some of the APAP machines we carry:
Transcend Auto MiniCPAP Machine
AirSense 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto
+ See More
First, be sure the mask is not leaking. If the mask is six to nine months old and leaking, try replacing it. If it is new and leaking, the fit could be incorrect. We can help you find a mask with a great fit.
If your mask is new and NOT leaking, try a Chinstrap to keep your jaw up and mouth from dropping open during sleep. If a chinstrap doesn't solve the problem, try masks recommended for Mouth Breathers.
If you use a full face mask and have a dry mouth, try adding a Heated Humidifier to add moisture.
Here are some items we recommend that may help with dry mouth:
Full Face Masks
Government of Canada Takes Action on Another Chemical of Concern: Bisphenol A
April 25th 2008
To Whom It May Concern
This document represents Respironics' position regarding the use of Bisphenol A in Respironics Sleep and Home Respiratory Devices. On April 18, 2008, the Government of Canada, banned the use of Bisphenol A (BPA) in polycarbonate baby bottles, claiming that the exposure to BPA on newborns and infants up to 18 months of age, could potentially present a health risk to this patient group when the polycarbonate baby bottles are exposed to high temperatures.
At this time, we are able to provide the following information to our customer: NONE of our Sleep and Home Respiratory products which are either breathable or skin contacting are intended for use with newborns or infants under 18 months of age. Therefore, Respironics is in compliance with Health Canada's position for exposure for the identified at risk patient population.
Although Health Canada's restriction for BPA does not include products used for ages above 18 months at this time, Respironics is evaluating its product portfolio and will take the appropriate actions to determine and mitigate any potential risk from use of its products or potential exposure to BPA. It should be noted that NOT all polycarbonate resins contain BPA. In response to the direction provided by Health Canada's device licensing division, Respironics will be evaluating all of our Class II and III medical devices to determine if the resins used in the manufacturer of its products contain BPA.
Further, none of our products or accessories using polycarbonate are labeled for exposure.
In closing, it is Respironics position that our products do not pose any increased risk of exposure to BPA for our users and thus our products remain safe for use.
If you have any further question regarding this topic, please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 724-387-4120.
Zita Yurko Director, Regulatory Affairs Sleep and Home Respiratory Division Respironics, Inc.
Some CPAP users move to using a full face mask after finding that using a nasal mask along with a chinstrap does not meet their sleep therapy needs. Some CPAP users use a full face mask when suffering from seasonal allergies.
- You have chronic sinus issues and it is not possible to breathe solely through your nose.
- You would like a full face mask to use when you are congested due to seasonal allergies or a cold.
- Your mouth drops open during sleep and using a chinstrap with a nasal, nasal pillow, or nasal prong mask did not meet your therapy needs.
Hybrid Masks are another option for people who fall into the circumstances listed above. Hybrid masks deliver airflow to both the nose and mouth using nasal pillows and an oral cushion.
Here are some of our top selling full face masks:
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Simplus Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ F10 Full Face Mask with Headgear
+ See More
This allows the cushion to maintain a seal during movement. There can be a tendency to over tighten a full face mask which causes one side or the other to lift off the face.
Here are some items we carry that can help with mask leaks:
RemZzzs Padded Full Face CPAP Mask Liners
Silent Night Full Face CPAP Mask Liners
Boomerang Gel Pad
+ See More
I have used several different full face masks, and this one is the first I have used that is comfortable and doesn't leak and cause those annoying farting noises. I would recommend it for anyone. more...
1 person found this helpful.
I ordered this mask for my son who is 5 in the petite in hopes it would fit but its too big. I wish there was options in full face masks for children. more...
VERY UNCOMFORTABLE. DIFFICULT TO PREVENT LEAKING. POOR DESIGN.
3 people found this helpful.
This mask was highly recommended to me by my doctor. However, once I received it, it didn't fit properly. I ordered a large, but should have had an XL. No XL is available. So I have returned it and I will be searching for a different mask. more...
1 person found this helpful.
This is a great mask design but no matter what I tried, I could not get it to stop leaking. It is loud too and the air vent is very "active" your spouse will not like this mask if you are facing them. I had to return as this is not a choice for someone with facial hair even with the sealing cloths I have purchased. It does have good airflow so it is a great alternative to pillows if you can get it to seal. more...
2 people found this helpful.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesMask TypeFull FaceFull FaceFull FaceHeadgear IncludedYesYesYes
Mask FeaturesReplaceable CushionYesYesYesHeadgear Quick-ClipsYesYesYesGel CushionNoNoNoForehead SupportYesNoYesMask Cushion TypeSiliconeSiliconeSiliconeFree Return InsuranceYesYesYes
SizeMultiple Sizes IncludedNoNoNoSmall FaceYesNoYesWide FaceNoNoNo
Lifestyle NeedsActive SleeperNoYesNoMouth BreatherYesYesYesTV FriendlyNoYesNoClaustrophobicNoYesNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoFacial HairYesNoNo