"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERVery comfortable and easy to adjust mask. Have had no issues whatsoever."
September 26, 2015
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThis is still the most comfortable and effective mask and insert. After trying others, I will stay with the Amara!"
July 15, 2016
The Amara Full Face CPAP Mask with Gel & Silicone Cushions by Philips Respironics is a great option for those who either want to try the Amara for the first time or replace an existing Amara with both cushion options. The Amara is small and lightweight allowing it to stand out from other traditional full face masks. It features a cushion that can be added or removed with a single click.
Manufactured by Philips Respironics.
1% of Full Face Mask product buyers choose this product.
The Amara Full Face CPAP Mask with Gel & Silicone Cushions includes both a silicone and gel cushion in the selected size. This gives the opportunity to try both styles of cushion to find an optimal fit and seal.
- Gel and Silicone Seal
- Dual Wall Cushion
- Quiet Exhalation
- Fine-Glide Forehead Support
- Simple to Clean and Use
- Light Components
- Sized Headgear
- Versatile and Flexible
Gel and Silicone Dual Wall Cushions
The Amara with Gel & Silicone Cushions provides two seal options, the traditional style silicone cushion and Philip Respironics' popular gel cushion.
The silicone cushion provides a more conventional seal. The inner silicone wall helps keep the mask in position while the outer silicone flap creates a seal as the mask receives airflow.
The gel cushion offers the reliable and comfortable feel that Philips Respironics' gel masks are known for. The thicker inner gel wall contours to the face to try and lock in the best position while the outer gel flap tailors to the face to create a seal.
The proven micro exhalation ports are featured on the Amara. The size and number of the ports results in quiet operation and guides the airflow away from bed partners and the user.
Fine-Glide Forehead Support
The fine-glide button featured on the Amara's forehead support allows depth adjustments to be made easily and in small increments. Additional support is found with the proven Premium Forehead Pad for Comfort Series CPAP Masks, which has been carried over from previous masks.
Light & Simple Components
The Amara weighs less than more rigid full face mask designs. The mask elbow and frame consist of lightweight materials.
The single click design of the cushion makes cleaning simple and fast. Both the gel and silicone cushions are attached to a single piece, clear shell which enables the cushion to be added or removed from the mask frame with one click.
The Amara headgear comes in two sizes - original and RS - Reduced Size. It is designed to support the mask and maintain the seal. The RS headgear is packaged with the Petite and Small Amara. The Medium and Large Amara come packaged with the original size headgear.
Versatile & Compatible
All sizes of both Silicone and Gel cushions fit the Reduced Size or "RS" frame. The one click design makes it simple to change or replace the cushion. To replace the cushion, line up the elbow inside the frame and the port on the front of the cushion then push until there is an audible click. Frame and headgear from other versions of Amara are interchangeable.
To view this mask with a single cushion only, please click here: Amara Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear. For more information regarding differences in Amara frames and cushions, please refer to the section titled "Frame Size & Cushions" on that page.
Important Product Information
At the time of the initial release of the Amara mask line, all sizes of masks (Small, Medium & Large) were offered on the original size frame with the original size headgear.
In mid 2013 the manufacturer began offering the Small & Medium on the RS frame with the RS headgear. At that time size Petite was added to the mask line, it was packaged with the RS frame and headgear.
In Sept 2013 the manufacturer began offering all sizes of Amara on the RS - Reduced Size frame. RS headgear are packaged with size Petite & Small masks. Medium & Large masks are packaged with the original size headgear.
Free Returns Less Shipping 30 Days From Purchase
This Product Includes...
Material Components for Amara Full Face CPAP Mask with Gel & Silicone Cushions
- Frame: Polycarbonate
- Silicone Cushion: Silicone
- Forehead Pad: Silicone
- Exhalation Elbow: Polycarbonate
- Exhalation Chip: Acetal Copolymer
- Elbow Swivel: Polycarbonate
- Split Washer: Polycarbonate
- Forehead Adjuster/Bracket: Polycarbonate
- Headgear Clip: Thermoplastic Polyester Elastomer
- Headgear: UBL; Urethane Foam; Nylon; Lycra
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
For fitting tips and more information please click here: Fitting Tips
Where do I find the size?
To find the size of the mask frame, hold the cushion of the mask, so that is is facing the user. On the right side of the frame, the word "Amara" is printed. Under the headgear clip area, the letters "RS" will be printed if it is the reduced size frame. No letters will be printed under the clips if it is a standard size. Also, the supplier part number is located on the front of the mask frame to help determine the size of the mask frame. Turning the mask, so that the swivel is facing the user, locate the bottom right of the mask frame where the curve touches the cheek. The larger number written along the curve is the supplier part number, which corresponds to a specific size.
The Amara Full Face CPAP Mask cushion is replaceable and has an identifiable size located on the front of the cushion. To find the size of the full face cushion, hold the cushion so that the flap is facing away from the user. A large opening is found in the middle of the mask, connecting the cushion to the mask frame. The black letter located just below the opening will indicate the size of the full face cushion.
For ease of maintenance and cleaning, the Amara gel and silicone cushions are permanently attached to a clear acrylic shell. The two cannot be separated.
Forehead Pad Note
The Amara with Gel and Silicone cushion uses the same forehead pad that is used on the Comfort Series. A 4 pack of these pads can be viewed here: Forehead Pad for Comfort Series Masks (4 Pack)
System One Resistance Control Tips
If using a Respironics System One machine, a system one resistance control number from Respironics can be set to allow the machine to compensate for different mask types. The resistance control number for the Amara Full Face CPAP Mask is X1. Please Note: System One Resistance Control is for System One Machines only.
Customer ReviewsView All Reviews
CPAP Video & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Are prescriptions required for mask, machine, humidifier, and EPAP purchases?
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to email@example.com
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
- Which CPAP masks work on which machines?
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
- How do I choose the mask that is right for me?
- We provide our customers with many tools to make informed decisions about their mask purchases. Options include:
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available masks, feature by feature. IF you're unsure of the meaning of a feature, click on or hover over the question mark for a pop out definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Compare Most Popular Masks
Compare All Masks
- Browse Our Mask Product Categories. These categories show each mask our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in-house opinion of the quality of the mask based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
Nasal Mask Category
Full Face Mask Category
Nasal Pillow Mask Category
Nasal Prong Mask Category
Hybrid Mask Category
Oral Mask Category
Total Face Mask Category
- Sizing Guides. Many Nasal and Full Face masks have sizing guides available to help determine the size needed. Simply print the sizing guide, cut out if needed, and use a mirror or helper to look at the guide to see if it is a proper fit on the face. Please note, to ensure the guide is the proper size, it should be printed in PDF format at 100% scale, meaning "Fit to Page" may have to be disabled.
- Return Insurance. With every mask we sell, you have the option of purchasing return insurance. Masks are FDA approved medical devices. Once a mask is used, it cannot be resold to another customer. CPAP.com was the first in the industry to offer return insurance to our customers. Return insurance provides 30 days for you to try a mask and return it for any reason for a refund of the price of the mask. If you are trying a mask for the first time, return insurance might be right for you.
We also offer Free Return Insurance on some masks.
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- How do I care for my mask?
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
- How often should I replace my mask?
- Medicare allows for mask cushion replacement every three (3) months, and a complete mask system replacement every six (6) months. CPAP manufacturers and vendors suggest these replacement schedules as well.
In our experience, most mask cushions begin to deteriorate after about six months of use. The cushion eventually becomes too soft to hold a seal. The headgear straps lose elasticity and must be tightened more and more to get the same quality seal.
We strongly suggest replacing cushions and pillows as soon as they start to soften. Air leaks may reduce the effectiveness of CPAP therapy and headgear that is too tight may cause facial sores at pressure points. In most cases, replacement headgear is available if it is stretched out or the Velcro worn out.
To see what parts of your mask are replaceable refer to our Replacement Part Finder. Just search for your mask to see all of the replaceable parts.
- What are the CPAP, BiPAP, Sleep Apnea, and Oxygen related HCPCS, CPT or billing codes?
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
- What does a mask prescription need to say?
- A mask prescription must contain all of the following information:
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP Mask", "CPAP Supplies", "CPAP Humidifier", "CPAP", "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure", "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto", "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Here are some of our top selling masks:
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
+ See More
- Why might I prefer a nasal mask?
- The ideal CPAP mask is not noticeable to the user during CPAP therapy. If you breathe through your nose only, the nasal mask may offer the best therapy. Nasal cushions create a very good seal around your nose, while keeping a small profile. Also, nasal masks can be found in silicone, gel, foam, or cloth material. The SleepWeaver masks are the only cloth masks on the market, and are a very popular choice among nasal mask users. Lastly, most nasal masks have a forehead support which offers stability and support for the mask.