Forma Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Forma Full Face Overview
The Forma Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear from Fisher & Paykel is part of the FlexiFit family of masks. It includes the under the chin cushion design for stability and Glider Strap which accommodates movement without compromising seal.
The Forma Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear from Fisher and Paykel continues with the unique FlexiFit™ design. Like the FlexiFit™ 431 and 432, the full face cushion of the Forma fits under the chin. The cushion is comes highly contoured silicone seal for maximum comfort and stability.
Unlike previous FlexiFit™ Full Face masks, the Forma incorporates a new T-Piece forehead support that provides added stability and auto-adjusts for hassle-free fitting.
The Forma offers enhanced comfort with a greater range of movement due to its new FlexiFoam cushion. The inner foam cushion helps contour the mask to a wide range of faces and promotes optimal frame alignment. The outer silicone seal allows for a leak resistant surface and is soft, light and features advanced active contouring that conforms naturally to the patient's face.
The frame of the Forma is designed to fit all sizes of cushion. The Small, Medium, Large and XLarge all come packaged with the same size frame.
Experience a greater freedom of movement and improved cushion seal with the Glider Strap. The strap minimizes leak events by distributing pressure points equally along the face when the head rotates from side to side. The Easy-Release cord makes removing a mask easy and prevents a user from the need to re-adjust headgear every time you take off the mask.
Finally, a new advanced air diffuser has been added to create a quieter exhalation port. Air is routed away from the user and their sleeping partner and helps minimize exhaust noise.
The headgear of the Forma is latex free, as are all other headgear by Fisher & Paykel.
Starting July 13th 2009, Fisher and Paykel began packaging this product with both the Medium and Large cushions in one package. Individual sizes (medium or large) are no longer sold. If you would like to purchase a particular cushion size, please visit Flexi Foam Cushion Insert and Silicone Seal Kit for Forma.
Help with Sizing
For help with selecting your size, please review the Forma and Zest Sizing Template.
Where do I find the size?
The mask frame does not have an identifiable size because it is designed to fit each of the Forma Full Face cushions.
To find the size of the silicone seal, turn the mask to view the flat bottom of the full face mask. The user will find the size centered directly in the middle of the seal. Embossed letters spell "S M A L L," "M E D I U M," "L A R G E," or "X - L A R G E."
To find the size of the cushion, remove the cushion from the silicone seal. Hold the cushion with the soft edges facing away from the user. At the tip of the cushion, where the bridge of the nose meets the material, locate a small, embossed letter. This letter represents the size of the cushion. The mask frame does not need a corresponding letter as it offers a universal fit, but the silicone seal and cushion will need to be the same size to work as intended.
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
Help Me Choose - Mask
In our experience, most mask cushions begin to deteriorate after about six months of use. The cushion eventually becomes too soft to hold a seal. The headgear straps lose elasticity and must be tightened more and more to get the same quality seal.
We strongly suggest replacing cushions and pillows as soon as they start to soften. Air leaks may reduce the effectiveness of CPAP therapy and headgear that is too tight may cause facial sores at pressure points. In most cases, replacement headgear is available if it is stretched out or the Velcro worn out.
To see what parts of your mask are replaceable refer to our Replacement Part Finder. Just search for your mask to see all of the replaceable parts.
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP Mask", "CPAP Supplies", "CPAP Humidifier", "CPAP", "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure", "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto", "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Here are some of our top selling masks:
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
+ See More
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to email@example.com
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
Some CPAP users move to using a full face mask after finding that using a nasal mask along with a chinstrap does not meet their sleep therapy needs. Some CPAP users use a full face mask when suffering from seasonal allergies.
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
Been using this mask for many years and it took that long for me to accept the fact that the strap design doesn't work for the "hold the mouth closed" feature of the mask. There is no vertical support for the mask so when my jaw drops during sleep it pulls down on the mask and places a lot of pressure on my nose. Each morning I have a painful red mark on my nose bridge. I will be trying other masks in combination with a chinstrap to see what works best. more...
Going to be honest, I was hopeful. I love F&P masks. They seem to be the only ones that fit and work for me. But this was the first that didn't want to seal. I had to practically tighten it all the way to get any kind of seal. It failed one night and I ended up with a sinus infection and sure throat dye to the snoring and open mouth. I thankfully cpap.com offers an amazing return policy. more...
1 person found this helpful.
Very pleased with quality of product and speed of delivery.
This mask leaks so bad you will never get a good nights rest with it. You get what you pay for and this cheap mask is exactly that...cheap! It initially fits well and feels like it is sealed but somehow it leaks so bad at night you will be tired all day. My Mirage quattro seals up and does not leak so it is not anything I'm doing. I tried everything to get this mask to work because I loved the headgear and the way it felt. more...
I tried three different sizes of this mask and every one of them leaks so bad you may as well not use them. I waited too long to return the first one and am stuck with it. Buyer beware, this is the worst mask I have ever used. It fits nice and looks good when you first put it on, but it leaks so bad no matter what you do to adjust it. more...
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesMask TypeFull FaceFull FaceFull FaceHeadgear IncludedYesYesYes
Mask FeaturesReplaceable CushionYesYesYesHeadgear Quick-ClipsYesYesYesGel CushionNoNoNoForehead SupportYesNoYesMask Cushion TypeFoamSiliconeSiliconeFree Return InsuranceYesYesYes
SizeMultiple Sizes IncludedYesNoNoSmall FaceNoNoYesWide FaceYesNoNo
Lifestyle NeedsActive SleeperNoYesNoMouth BreatherYesYesYesTV FriendlyNoYesNoClaustrophobicNoYesNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoFacial HairYesNoNo