Opus 360 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
Opus 360 Nasal Pillow Overview
Just as the name says, the Opus 360 Nasal Pillow Mask by Fisher & Paykel offers 360 degrees of freedom in sleeping positions and movement. Small and lightweight, it comes with three sizes of nasal pillows to offer the best fit and comfort.
The Opus 360 provides an exceptional amount of freedom in your sleep position while still maintaining a comfortable fit and effective seal. Small and quiet, the slim design allows for almost any sleeping position without the mask becoming dislodged. Its innovative 360 degree pivotal ball and socket elbow connection allows for a great deal of overall adjustability.
Improvements, explained in detail below, are the Contoured Mask Frame, Anatomically Shaped Pillows, and a Redesigned Headgear.
Here are the highlights of the Opus 360 Nasal Pillows CPAP Mask.
- Quiet and Efficient Exhaust The progressive air diffuser system is very quiet, reducing the amount of noise and draft from the exhaust flow to counteract disturbances to you and your sleeping partner.
- Small and Light-weight Light as a feather on your head, the Opus 360 weighs in at just under 2 ounces total weight and its sleek, slim design make it feel like you are almost wearing nothing at all.
- New - Anatomically Shaped Pillows These pillows allow for easy and comfortable fitting and a premium seal. The contours in the new shape and design of the pillows ensures even more comfort.
- New - Redesigned Headgear Much improved, the new headgear has a Hidden Strap Release for simple one step removal for cleaning and it allows you to take it apart and put it back together without the need to re-adjust the straps. The headgear is latex free, as are all other headgear by Fisher & Paykel.
- All Sizes Included The Opus 360 comes with Small, Medium, and Large pillows included, fully assembled and ready to wear, making this a convenient out-of-box solution.
- New - Contoured Mask Frame Three dimensional support architecture allows the Contoured Mask Frame to conform naturally to your face which enhances comfort and fit while also providing dependable support. The narrow design permits side-sleeping without the mask being pushed out of place.
- Soft-Lip Cushion Providing more in the area of comfort the Silicone Seal is soft on the nose and quite supple where it touches the upper lip. The built-in Soft-Lip Cushion actually conforms to the shape of the upper lip naturally for the utmost in comfort.
- Premium Frosted Silicone Seal The seals have a soft, smooth feel and are easy to slide into position while their frosted texture optimizes the mask seal.
- Tube Anchoring System You may anchor the tube at the top, side, or leave it free to track. Elegant in design and simplicity, it firmly holds the tube in the desired position and provides stability keeping the mask in place. Alternatively, leave the tube unanchored and the ball and socket joint really comes into play allowing true 360 degrees of freedom.
This Product Includes...
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Several users who participated in Product Challenge Ten: Opus vs Swift LT, suggested using Mask Strap Pads over the Opus headgear.
The only parts that are interchangeable between the old Original Opus Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask and the new Opus 360 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask are the actual nasal pillows themselves. The new headgear, tubing and swivel are not interchangeable.
As of December 5th 2008, Fisher and Paykel has made a few improvements to the design of the Opus 360 Nasal Pillow Mask.
- Soft foam pads have been added to the mask frame to add better cushioning
- Silicone pillows are now designed with a contour shape that keeps the Silicone Seal off the upper lip
- Orientation arrows are added to the mask frame to help with mask reassembly
- An updated Fitting Guide with simple fitting instructions has been added
SnuggleCover for Short Tubes: The SnuggleHose Cover for Short Mask Tubes will fit the short tube of the Opus 360 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear.
Where do I find the size?
The Opus 360 Nasal Pillow CPAP mask frame does not have an identifiable size because it offers a universal fit to each of the Opus 360 nasal pillows.
To find the size of the nasal pillow, hold the nasal pillow with the two small openings facing upright. Turn the nasal pillow to view the back of the cushion, or the area that faces downward when placed into the mask frame. In the middle of the nasal pillow, locate a large, embossed letter within a clear square. This letter represents the size of the nasal pillow.
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
Help Me Choose - Mask
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
- A7034 is Nasal Mask
- A7034 is Nasal Pillow Mask
- A7030 is Full Face Mask
- A7027 is Hybrid Mask
- A7044 is Oral Interface Mask (Oracle)
- A7035 is Headgear for Mask - Any Style
- A7036 is Chinstrap - Any Style
- A7032 is Replacement Nasal Mask Cushion
- A7033 is Replacement Nasal pillows
- A7031 is Replacement Full Face Mask Cushion
- A7028 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Cushion
- A7029 is Replacement Hybrid Mask Nasal Pillow
- A7046 is Replacement Humidifier Chamber
- A7037 is Tubing / Hose - Long & Short Tubes
- A4604 is Heated Tubing
- A7038 is Disposable Filter (White / Paper)
- A7039 is Washable Filter (Gross Particle / Foam/ Black)
- E0601 NU is CPAP Purchase
- E0601 NU is APAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Purchase
- E0470 NU is BiPAP Auto Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP ST Purchase
- E0471 NU is BiPAP Auto SV Purchase
- E0562 NU is Heated CPAP Humidifier
- E0561 NU is Passover or Cool CPAP Humidifier
- E0601 RR is CPAP Rental
- E0601 NU is APAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Rental
- E0470 RR is BiPAP Auto Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP ST Rental
- E0471 RR is BiPAP Auto SV Rental
- E1356 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery
- E1357 is Oxygen Concentrator Battery Charger
- E1358 is Oxygen Concentrator DC Cable
- E1390 is Portable Oxygen Concentrator
E1399 is Miscellaneous and is used for other CPAP and Oxygen items.
In our experience, most mask cushions begin to deteriorate after about six months of use. The cushion eventually becomes too soft to hold a seal. The headgear straps lose elasticity and must be tightened more and more to get the same quality seal.
We strongly suggest replacing cushions and pillows as soon as they start to soften. Air leaks may reduce the effectiveness of CPAP therapy and headgear that is too tight may cause facial sores at pressure points. In most cases, replacement headgear is available if it is stretched out or the Velcro worn out.
To see what parts of your mask are replaceable refer to our Replacement Part Finder. Just search for your mask to see all of the replaceable parts.
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP Mask", "CPAP Supplies", "CPAP Humidifier", "CPAP", "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure", "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto", "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Here are some of our top selling masks:
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
+ See More
Nasal pillow delivery systems offer less contact with the face than either full face or traditional nasal masks. This system works well for those who tend to feel closed in or claustrophobic. Many nasal pillow systems have nothing that cross in front of the bridge of the nose allowing for a clear line of sight for reading or watching TV.
It can be easier to achieve a seal with this system, because there is less for you to adjust and less surface area to create and hold a seal.
Nasal pillow systems may work well for someone with a mustache or beard as the seal occurs only at the nares or nasal opening.
Someone who has a facial mole or scar near or around the nose, may find getting a seal with a traditional nasal mask difficult. Nasal pillows are an option in this circumstance.
Most nasal pillow masks also come with all sizes included to make finding the right size easier.
Here are some of our top selling Nasal Pillow Masks:
- Masks: In our experience, some masks allow for movement in different sleeping positions better than others. See our recommended masks for Active or Side/Stomach Sleepers.
- Special CPAP Pillows: Regular bed pillows can put pressure against the mask and cause leaks. CPAP pillows are made with CPAP users in mind. These special pillows are designed to minimize the contact of the CPAP mask with the pillow, even when you are sleeping on your side.
I found that the tube is too short if running through the head strap and the connection with my humidified tubing doesn't spin freely so I was constantly being woken needing to fiddle with the tubing. When it wasn't attached to the head strap it was better. I found that the pillows didn't get as good a seal as the P10. more...
I have used the Opus 360 Nasal Pillow for over five years and 5 stars is not enough to describe how good, inexpensive, and long lasting this product is. It allows you to sleep side to side, on your back and stomach with complete comfort due to the top of the head hose mounting, and the pillow barely touches your nostrils. I use a hose hanger which allows complete movement without dislodging from your nose/face. Sorry it took me 5 years to write a review. more...
The process is so simple and fast shipping. Only thing that would make it better would be direct insurance billing but for now i just submit reimbursement. more...
When my original mask literally wore out, this was the only replacement. It felt strange at first, but this new design with the tube going up and over my face goes on faster and much more easily, especially in the dark. more...
Rear strap rides up at night, allowing nasal pillow to pull away. Slightest movement of headgear causes nasal pillow to fall out of headgear. Detaching the tubing from the top of the headgear so it can swivel allows the tubing weight to pull the nasal pillow away from the nose. more...
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesMask TypeNasal PillowNasal PillowNasal PillowHeadgear IncludedYesYesYes
Mask FeaturesReplaceable CushionYesYesYesHeadgear Quick-ClipsNoNoYesGel CushionNoNoNoForehead SupportNoNoNoMask Cushion TypeSiliconeSiliconeSiliconeFree Return InsuranceYesYesYes
SizeMultiple Sizes IncludedYesYesYesSmall FaceYesNoYesWide FaceYesNoYes
Lifestyle NeedsActive SleeperYesYesYesMouth BreatherNoNoNoTV FriendlyYesYesYesClaustrophobicYesYesYesDesigned For HerNoNoNoFacial HairYesYesYes