Quattro™ FX Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
Quattro™ FX Full Face Overview
"Less Is More" with ResMed's Quattro FX Full Face CPAP Mask. The streamlined design is unobtrusive and covers less of the face. Experience better performance with a focus on compliance through comfort. The Quattro FX features fewer points of contact on the face, a flexible Spring Air cushion and frame, and a Swing Seal fitting technique for a quick and easy adjustment process.
- Built-in vent design for dispersing exhaled carbon dioxide
- 360 degree elbow rotation
- Tube Swivel
- Set-and-forget headgear clips
Fewer Contact Points
The overall design of the Quattro FX helps to create a secure seal without the aid of a forehead support. Eliminating the forehead support means fewer points of failure and an end to red marks on your forehead. Without a forehead support, you will also enjoy a clear line of sight for viewing television or reading a good book in bed.
Spring Air Technology
Spring Air technology helps to create a suspension-like action between the Spring frame and Spring Air cushion. These two mask parts, along with the contoured crown cap headgear, work together to offer an angular adjustment that makes a forehead support obsolete. The stability of the design helps to distribute pressure evenly around the face, yet reacts to accommodate user movement.
Dual-Wall, Spring Air Cushion
The Mirage series of CPAP masks have endeavored to provide superior cushion design through the incorporation of two cushion layers. The dual-walls consists of an inner, supportive layer that stabilizes the cushion and a softer, outer membrane that reduces the likelihood of leaks and pressure sores. As air flows through the cushion, the outer membrane rolls and inflates around the nose rather than stretching over it.
Swing Seal Technique
Size. Swing. Seal. Those are the simple steps used for fitting the Quattro FX. The Swing Technique is the result of the Spring Air technology and the dual-wall membrane that surrounds the bridge of your nose. As air flows through the mask and into the cushion, the contoured membrane inflates and gently positions the cushion against the face so that it forms a secure seal without the need to over tighten the headgear.
This unique design makes fitting a breeze. With the headgear clips removed, just position the mask at an angle, so that the cushion rests on the middle of the nasal bridge. Then swing the mask down to rest between the bottom lip and chin. Reattach the headgear clips and adjust the side straps for a snug fit.
For Her Version
ResMed offers a For Her version of the Quattro with all of the same qualities with a feminine touch. To read more visit this page: Quattro™ FX for Her Full Face Mask with Headgear.
This Product Includes...
The mask system does not contain latex, PVC or DEHP materials.
Material Components for Quattro™ FX Full Face Mask with Headgear
- Frame: Polycarbonate
- Swivel: 15% PTFE in Polycarbonate
- Elbow: Polycarbonate (NV has a blue tint)
- Headgear Clip: Polyester (PBT)
- Port Cap: Silicone Elastomer
- Mask Cushion: Silicone Elastomer
- Valve: Silicone Elastomer
- Valve Clip: Polycarbonate
- Headgear: Nylon / Spandex; Open cell Polyurethane; Polycaprolactam (Polyamide Family); Rayon acetate satin
- Soft Sleeves: Nylon / 12% Spandex
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
For help with using your new mask, please download the Mirage Quattro FX User Guide.
For help with finding the correct part and part number for your Quattro FX mask, please download the Mirage Quattro FX Components Guide.
This mask always comes packaged with the Medium/Standard size headgear, no matter the size of the mask. Large or Small sizes can also be purchased separately Mirage Quattro FX Headgear.
Where do I find the size?
To find the size of the mask frame, turn the mask upside down. The flat bottom of the mask frame and mask cushion needs to face the user. The size is embossed between the ports cap and the edge of the mask frame. A clear letter will indicate the size of the mask frame.
The size of the full face cushion is located on the flat bottom of the cushion. Turn the mask upside down with the headgear facing away from the user. Located on the bottom silicone flap to the right side of the name of the mask, an embossed clear letter will specify the size of the full face cushion. The letter is larger than the word ResMed and Quattro™ FX.
Quattro and Quattro FX mask frames, cushion clips and cushions are NOT interchangeable. Individual cushions are NOT interchangeable within each mask. The size must correspond for the mask to work properly. For more information visit the Mirage Quattro FX Full Face Mask Cushion and Clip.
The Mirage Quattro sizes DO NOT match up directly with the Quattro FX sizes. The Quattro FX sizes are a bit smaller than the Mirage Quattro sizes. For help fitting your mask, please download the Mirage Quattro FX Fitting Guide.
Also, to get an accurate idea of your size, measure the top of the bridge of your nose down to the place in between your bottom lip and chin. Compare your measurement with the size measurements here:
- Small: 3 3/8"
- Medium: 3 3/4"
- Large: 4 1/8"
If you experience airway dryness or irritation, using a humidifier is recommended.
When selecting the proper mask type within the ResMed Mask Fit tool on the S8 and S9 CPAP machines, make sure to set the Mask Setting Options to MIR FULL (if available); otherwise, select FULL FACE as the mask option.
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to email@example.com
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
Masks should be washed daily with warm water and gentle soap or baby shampoo. Let the mask air dry. Never use antibacterial soap as it will break down the silicone of the mask cushion. Avoid soaps that include lotion which can coat the mask and cause it to lose its seal. A safe cleaner is the Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution. Remember, going to bed with a clean face will improve your seal and protect the lifespan of your mask.
The best time to clean your mask is in the morning after use. This removes the oils left behind from your skin which can reduce the lifespan of your mask. We recommend using Mask Wipes to make daily morning cleaning easy. The mask wipes are made from materials that will not break down your mask.
For customers who want to completely disinfect their mask and accessories, there's an even better option than wipes. The Lumin Mask and Accessories Cleaner uses powerful UV light to disinfect, killing almost all bacteria almost instantly. It's not a cleaner and doesn't scrub or wash anything, but for simple disinfecting the Lumin works great!
Here are some other cleaning products to help with keeping your mask fresh:
In our experience, most mask cushions begin to deteriorate after about six months of use. The cushion eventually becomes too soft to hold a seal. The headgear straps lose elasticity and must be tightened more and more to get the same quality seal.
We strongly suggest replacing cushions and pillows as soon as they start to soften. Air leaks may reduce the effectiveness of CPAP therapy and headgear that is too tight may cause facial sores at pressure points. In most cases, replacement headgear is available if it is stretched out or the Velcro worn out.
To see what parts of your mask are replaceable refer to our Replacement Part Finder. Just search for your mask to see all of the replaceable parts.
- Masks: In our experience, some masks allow for movement in different sleeping positions better than others. See our recommended masks for Active or Side/Stomach Sleepers.
- Special CPAP Pillows: Regular bed pillows can put pressure against the mask and cause leaks. CPAP pillows are made with CPAP users in mind. These special pillows are designed to minimize the contact of the CPAP mask with the pillow, even when you are sleeping on your side.
- One of the following words or phrases: "CPAP Mask", "CPAP Supplies", "CPAP Humidifier", "CPAP", "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure", "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "BiPAP", "BiLevel", "VPAP", "BiPAP Auto", "BiPAP ST", "Synchrony ST", "VPAP ST"
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
Here are some of our top selling masks:
DreamWear Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack
ComfortGel Blue Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Headgear
+ See More
Some CPAP users move to using a full face mask after finding that using a nasal mask along with a chinstrap does not meet their sleep therapy needs. Some CPAP users use a full face mask when suffering from seasonal allergies.
I am an active sleeper, I toss and turn. This mask would not stay on. I will be returning it.
By default I was going for the medium masks for this product. After two months I just purchased the large mask version and it is much better on my face! The medium one is too small. This mask fits perfect on my face, I am able to sleep 8 hours per night! Which is totally new for me. I have been getting 100's scores on my resmed app. I am in total excitement about this mask! more...
This company offers excellent service for top name brands at very competitive prices. We are glad we discovered them!
I am very pleased with the fit and seal offered by this mask.
Items work very well. Would recommend to other users.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesMask TypeFull FaceFull FaceFull FaceHeadgear IncludedYesYesYes
Mask FeaturesReplaceable CushionYesYesYesHeadgear Quick-ClipsYesYesYesGel CushionNoNoNoForehead SupportNoNoYesMask Cushion TypeSiliconeSiliconeSiliconeFree Return InsuranceYesYesYes
SizeMultiple Sizes IncludedNoNoNoSmall FaceNoNoYesWide FaceNoNoNo
Lifestyle NeedsActive SleeperYesYesNoMouth BreatherYesYesYesTV FriendlyYesYesNoClaustrophobicYesYesNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoFacial HairNoNoNo