Have a question? Call us!
Sat 8AM-5PM CST
If you have a severe respiratory condition like Complex Sleep Apnea, you may not realize you need a special type of device to treat it. Complex Sleep Apnea is typically treated with an Adaptive Servo Ventilation machine—ASV for short. The ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV is an entirely automatic way to tackle the biggest challenges of your respiratory care with one of the best devices available.
Read on to see why great care starts with the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV, and why better sleep may be closer than you think!
Manufactured by ResMed.
If you have a serious respiratory medical condition, don't take chances! The most serious conditions require the most effective treatments. If you're looking for a great way to treat one of the following medical conditions, you'll be pleased to know the ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV is one of the most reliable and advanced machines available on the market today.
- Complex Sleep Apnea
- Central Sleep Apnea
- Cheyne-Stokes Respiration
- Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Features & Benefits
- Automatically Manages Your Care
- Exhale Easily with Easy-Breathe Pressure Relief
- Chooses the Correct Amount of Humidity
- Self-Regulating Tube Air Temperature
- Treats Serious Respiratory Conditions
- Meets FAA Requirements for In-Flight Use
Automatic Care Management
The ResMed AirCurve 10 ASV BiLevel automatically manages every aspect of your care. You'll have two set pressures: one for when you inhale and another for when you exhale. These pressures automatically adjust based on measurements from your breathing and are designed to provide the right pressure. If your breathing completely stops, your ASV machine is designed to prompt breathing to get you back on track—without waking you up.
Exhale Easily with Easy-Breathe Pressure Relief
The ResMed AirCurve 10 BiLevel ASV is designed to soften the air as you exhale. This makes it easier to breathe out because you won't be fighting against the pressure of the incoming air. It's designed to create the ideal conditions for comfort so that you can fall asleep easier and feel better.
Chooses the Correct Amount of Humidity
Depending on the ambient humidity in your bedroom, you may need more or less moisture from your humidifier. Your AirCurve 10 BiLevel ASV is programmed to survey the humidity and automatically make adjustments for heat and moisture, giving you optimum comfort while preventing you from drying out from your therapy. Humidified air isn't just more comfortable. It's also going to prevent the drying out of your nasal passages and throat from your therapy. It's a win-win that's almost essential for effective therapy.
Self-Regulating Tube Air Temperature
If you use the ClimateLine Air Heated Tube, it will synchronize with your humidifier to keep your humidified air at the optimal temperature as it travels through the tube. This is designed to not only increase comfort, as it will also eliminate tube condensation from forming. Tube condensation is a frequent annoyance when you use a CPAP machine, one that can be easily resolved by using a heated tube.
Prescription-Only Device Treats Serious Respiratiory Conditions
You shouldn't think of an ASV machine as a "better CPAP machine". While it's one of the most advanced machines on the market, it's designed to treat complex respiratory disorders. If you are diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea, and no other condition, you typically wouldn't need an ASV machine for your treatment. Only your doctor would know for sure, and the AirCurve 10 BiLevel ASV is available for prescription only.
FAA-Cleared for In-Flight Use
This device meets all the requirements set by the FAA for in-flight use. If life's journey takes you out of town, no worries! You can take your AirCurve 10 BiLevel ASV machine with you!
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- AirCurve 10 BiLevel ASV
- HumidAire Heated Humidifier
- Standard Water Chamber
- 6ft CPAP Tubing
- Power Supply
- Power Cord
- Travel Case
- 1 - Standard Filter
- Filter Cover
- SD Card
- Patient Manual
- Sound Pressure Level: 25 dBA
- Sound Pressure Level with Humidification: 33 dBA
- Dimensions: 4.57" in W x 10.04" in L x 5.91" in H
- Weight (device and standard water tub): 2.75 lbs
- Pressure Ranges: ASV, ASVAuto Mode: 4 to 25 cm H2O
- Pressure Ranges: CPAP Mode 4 to 20 cm H2O
- Operating Altitude: Sea level to 8,500 Feet
- Device Lifespan: 5 years
- Warranty: 2 years
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- ResMed products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
- The start button is located on top of the machine. Press it to begin therapy.
- If automatic start is enabled, you can simply breathe, and therapy will automatically begin.
- Pressing the start button a second time will turn the machine off.
You should make sure to regularly clean the device and humidifier chamber for best results. While cleaning, you should also check the air filter to see if it needs to be replaced. Your disposable filter should be replaced if it looks discolored.
- Wipe down the outer case of the machine with a damp cloth, making sure to remove any dust that may have accumulated.
- Remove the humidifier chamber and open it.
- Dump out any water, and check to see if there are any mineral deposits in the bottom.
- Using mild soap and water, clean the inside of the chamber, making sure to remove any mineral deposits that may be on the bottom. Do not place the humidifier chamber in the dishwasher. This will ruin the water tank.
- Once cleaned, carefully put the machine back together.
As the AirCurve 10 BiLevel ASV is cleared for air travel, you can take it anywhere you need to go. Please be mindful of the following tips:
- Make sure you use the travel case to protect your device while in transit.
- Don't forget to empty your water reservoir before you pack. Water in the tank can destroy your machine if it spills.
- If you use an external battery, make sure you don't use humidification for best results.
- Do not use humidification while flying due to risk of water inhalation during turbulence.
- Do not overfill water reservior with water, as this can lead to leaks, spills, and damage.
- Keep the power cord away from hot surfaces.
- Do not expose device to water.
- Do not use supplemental oxygen while smoking or near an open flame.
- Keep tubing away from pets.
- When using supplemental oxygen, make sure you're using continuous flow mode. Pluse dose oxygen will not work with this device.
CPAP Video & FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is an ASV Machine?
- ASV stands for "Adaptive Servo Ventilation" and is a type of treatment that uses a complex algorithm that measures breathing to determine not only the appropriate therapy pressure level, but it's designed to also prompt breathing in the event respiration stops. This is especially helpful for patients that suffer from Central Sleep Apnea, a condition in which the signal to breathe is not sent by the brain. An ASV machine is one of the few treatments that work for Central Sleep Apnea and Complex Sleep Apnea. For a treatment like Obstructive Sleep Apnea, an ASV machine is actually more technology than you'd need. Most people who have Obstructive Sleep Apnea would be treated by a CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine just fine.
- Can an ASV Machine Treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea?
- Technically, yes. An ASV machine could treat Obstructive Sleep Apnea. But it's not a "better CPAP". It's a tool designed for a specific purpose and use that goes beyond Obstructive Sleep Apnea. If you have a condition like Central Sleep Apnea or Complex Sleep Apnea, an ASV machine is one of the few treatments available because it's designed to prompt breathing in the event that breathing stops. With Complex Sleep Apnea, Central Sleep Apnea and Obstructive Sleep Apnea happen at the same time so you need a device that treats both conditions. That's where an ASV can really shine, by removing obstructions while getting your breathing back on track should you miss a breath.