This week ResMed launched the Swift FX Nano Nasal Mask. We’ve had a lot of questions on how this new mask compares to the original Swift FX Nasal Pillow Mask, so we made this video so you can see the differences:
Swift FX Nasal Pillow vs. Swift FX Nano
Can’t watch the video right now? No problem! Here are the main points:
- If you want the light-weight and minimalist feel of a nasal pillow system but with a nasal cushion, the Swift FX Nano is made for you!
- The biggest difference between the two masks is the cushion; the Swift FX Nano uses a nasal cushion as opposed to a nasal pillow.
- The elbow joint for the Swift FX Nano has more room to bend and move than the Swift FX elbow, which is just a solid piece.
- The elbow joint on the side of the short tube for the Swift FX Nano is a ball joint that allows for easier movement and a more stable fit.
- The hose-connecting side of the short tube for the Swift FX Nano is much quieter when it spins.
- The silicone headgear is the same for both masks.
- The back strap for the Swift FX Nano comes in two colors: gray and pink.
- Other differences with the back strap are:
- The Swift FX Nano’s back strap is shorter compared to that of the Swift FX. It is also made of thicker and slicker material, and has a harder edge.
- Both masks come with soft wraps.
Have additional questions about CPAP masks? Don’t know which one to pick? We’ve written a comprehensive guide to CPAP masks that you can use to make smart decisions about your treatment.
Want to watch more videos about CPAP equipment? Visit CPAP.com on YouTube and subscribe to receive new video content.