💡 Key Takeaways
- Effective Sanitization: The Liviliti Paptizer Smart CPAP Sanitizer uses UV-C LED technology to kill 99% of bacteria on CPAP equipment in just three minutes, ensuring a thorough and efficient sanitization process.
- Safety and Convenience: The Paptizer is designed with safety in mind, featuring an auto-shutoff mechanism when opened to protect you from UV exposure. It’s also ozone and mercury-free, reducing potential health risks.
- Sanitized Storage and Drying: The Paptizer uses a small fan to dry wet equipment and can be set to sanitize and store items in germicidal light for up to 24 hours.
- Versatility: Beyond CPAP equipment, the Paptizer’s large internal capacity allows it to disinfect a variety of household items, from baby gear to cell phones, making it a multifunctional sanitizing solution.
- Limitations: While the Paptizer is effective in sanitizing the outer surfaces of CPAP equipment, it may not reach the innermost parts of hoses or tubes. Regular washing of these parts is still necessary.
If you sleep with a CPAP machine, you know the importance of keeping your equipment clean! Forgetting to wash just one small part can lead to unpleasant smells or even make you sick. Keeping up with CPAP maintenance and cleaning schedules comes naturally for some people, but it’s also one of the reasons people might give up on their therapy in the long run. With the important role CPAP plays in helping you find restful sleep and keeping you healthy, it’s important not only to know how to clean your CPAP equipment, but to also find solutions that work for you and encourage you to keep up with your cleaning schedule long-term.
From cleaning sprays and CPAP soaps to portable sanitizing bags and now machines, there are tons of ways for the average person to clean their CPAP equipment. But with so many options and opinions, choosing the right product for you can be a bit overwhelming.
To make this process easier, we’ve been reviewing and comparing some of the most popular CPAP cleaning products that saturate the market. After reading dozens of product summaries, checking user reviews, seeking out expert opinions, and reviewing the data on CPAP cleaners and sanitizer technology, we’re here to share with you our thoughts on the Liviliti Paptizer UVC LED Smart CPAP Sanitizer!
With its large internal compartment, ultra-violet lights, and enhanced multi-directional sanitization, the Liviliti Paptizer is a force to be reckoned with when it comes to stopping germs. In this review, we’ll take a closer look at this fast and easy-to-use but effective sanitizing machine. We’ll explore its core features, discuss the advantages over ozone-based cleaners, and explain how it works, what the benefits are, and what’s included in the package.
Let’s dive in!
Product Review Highlights
If you’re ready to switch to a fast, easy, and effective way to maintain your CPAP gear, the Liviliti Paptizer Smart Sanitizer may be just what you need!
In only three minutes, this product kills 99% of the bacteria living on the outer parts of your mask, tubes, hoses, and more. This is made possible thanks to the machine’s 40 LED lights, all of which emit germ-fighting UV-C radiation. Each bulb has been perfectly placed to ensure that the entire outer surface of any object, no matter the size or shape, receives full 360° exposure.
The Paptizer boasts the largest internal capacity of any CPAP sanitizer on the market. Meaning it can be used to disinfect and deodorize a wider variety of objects, including baby gear, cell phones, or TV remotes. Additionally, it offers three different levels of medical-grade sterilization routines, which you can choose from depending on your specific needs.
|Method of Action||UV-C germicidal rays||Power||Plug-in via type-C USB|
|Wavelength||260-280 nanometers||Effectiveness||Kills 99% of microorganisms|
|Light Quantity||40 LEDs||Use Time||3-minute minimum|
|Lighting Coverage||360°||Sanitizing Settings||3|
|Lifespan||10,000 hours||Safety||Ozone and mercury free|
|Manufacturer Warranty||2 years||Capacity||11.89″ x 10.59″ x 6.06″|
We love the Liviliti Paptizer because it is fast and easy to use without sacrificing functionality or safety. Choose from one of three powerful sanitizing cycles to quickly refresh your mask or keep it sanitized for long periods:
Its design is based on the germ-busting abilities of UV-C light, which has been used in hospitals and other healthcare facilities for decades. Recently this technology gained a bit of notoriety thanks to increased demand for safe and effective sanitizing products during the pandemic.
Here are some other factors that make the Liviliti Paptizer worth checking out!
- Targets a wide range of microorganisms via UV-C rays that efficiently destroy DNA/RNA.
- Kills 99% of bacteria, including e. coli, staphylococcus aureus, and p. aeruginosa.
- Offers the largest internal capacity available on the market— 11.89″ x 10.59″ x 6.06″
- The device runs on UV-C LED technology rather than ozone or mercury.
- Features an auto-shutoff mechanism, which turns the LEDs off while the machine is open to protect you from UV exposure.
- Uses durable LEDs that last up to 10,000 hours.
- Designed with 40 LEDs arranged along the top and all sides. Includes a reflective mirror along the bottom for effective multidirectional sanitization.
- Includes a drying and deodorizing feature that reduces odor and moisture via UV-C lighting, airflow, and heat.
What’s Included in the Package
The Liviliti Paptizer Smart Sanitizer comes with everything you need to get started!
- Paptizer sanitizing device
- UV test card
- Instruction manual
- Stainless steel rack
- Power supply
How the Liviliti Paptizer Works
The key to the Paptizer’s powerful antimicrobial effects is ultraviolet light, which has been scientifically proven to kill many types of disease-causing germs. Let’s go over how this technology works and why it’s so effective!
What is Ultraviolet-C Light?
The human eye can only see light that exists within the colors of the rainbow, between violet and red. This corresponds to wavelengths that fall between 400 and 700 nanometers, respectively.
Additionally, the shorter the wavelength, the more energy it has. As a result, shorter, higher energy waves are more likely to cause damage to living organisms— including germs! This is why doctors warn against exposure to cancer-causing ultraviolet (UV) rays, which are made up of wavelengths that fall between 10 and 400 nanometers.
There are several categories of UV light. And they are grouped based on wavelength. One is UV-C light, which falls between 100 and 280 nanometers.
How Does UV-C Kill Germs?
Because of its incredibly high energy level, the effect of UV-C light is a bit like a high-speed car crashing through a brick wall. The brick gets obliterated the moment the car hits. This same concept applies to germs.
As you probably know, each living thing contains genetic material that an organism uses to carry out day-to-day tasks, including cell replication. In most circumstances, this material is DNA, but some viruses contain a slightly different version called RNA.
When a single-celled organism is hit by high-energy light, such as UV-C rays, it causes a lot of damage to this genetic material. As a result, that organism is unable to create more of itself, and it either dies or becomes inactive.
What Kinds of Microorganisms Does the Liviliti Paptizer Target?
According to the User Manual, the Liviliti Paptizer’s LED bulbs produce UV-C wavelengths between 260 and 280 nanometers. This range is perfect for these tiny, single-celled organisms that make us sick. These include:
Is the Liviliti Paptizer Safe to Use?
You may be wondering how this machine is safe to use if it offers such powerful UV rays. We can assure you that it is, in fact, quite safe. Due to the design, light is unable to escape the internal compartment. And thanks to its auto-shutoff feature, you can be sure that when the lid is open, the LED lights do not run. So you can rest easy knowing that accidental misuse will not result in any negative effects.
That said, if for some reason the machine were to malfunction and you were exposed to the UV-C light, your risk would be less than that of someone having a single x-ray performed. Ultimately there are minimal long-term consequences for rare exposure to UV-C rays.
Are There Drawbacks to Using UV-C Light to Sanitize CPAP Equipment?
UV-C technology is simple, effective, and relatively risk-free when it comes to killing germs. However, there is one clear drawback to using it as a method for cleaning your CPAP gear.
Using light to sanitize the surface of equipment is kind of like laying a germ-snuffing blanket over everything. Everywhere the blanket touches, the germs are killed. But the same can’t be said for places where it cannot reach, specifically the innermost portions of a hose or tube. Because of this, you will still need to wash your tubing as you normally would— using mild soap, water, and vinegar, then sanitize the outer surface.
Additionally, it’s important to note that using the Paptizer is not a full replacement for cleaning or wiping down your mask and/or other equipment. The Smart Sanitizer is great for killing germs, but it cannot remove oil, dirt, and dust build-up.
Benefits of Using the Liviliti Paptizer
Finding an effective method of keeping your CPAP equipment clean is a must, but it doesn’t have to be a chore. Here are some reasons why the Liviliti Paptizer is a great option!
- It’s Effective: This sanitizing machine kills 99% of germs, including bacteria, viruses, and fungi.
- It’s Fast: The “Fast Sanitize” option sterilizes your equipment in just three minutes. But if you aren’t looking to immediately put your equipment to use, you can take advantage of the “Sanitized Storage” feature, which keeps your gear clean for up to 24 hours.
- It’s Thorough: The inside features 40 LED lights, more than any other CPAP cleaner on the market today. These lights are arranged all along the top and all four sides of the interior compartment. While competitors use multiple reflective mirrors to create the effect of 360° lighting, the Paptizer uses only one along the bottom.
- It’s Simple: After placing your equipment inside the internal compartment, you press one button, and the Paptizer does the rest!
- It’s Safe: Any type of exposure to UV light can be damaging to your body. That’s why the Liviliti Paptizer has a built-in automatic shut-off any time the lid is opened. Additionally, this product does not use ozone or mercury.
- It’s Portable: While it has a lot of internal storage space, the machine as a whole is small enough to fit into your luggage. It also includes a convenient handle, which makes it easy to carry it from place to place.
- It’s Multifunctional: Due to the size of the internal compartment, you can fit several different types of household items inside this sanitizing machine. And because this product doesn’t use chemicals, you can also use it to clean baby gear, breastfeeding/pumping equipment, and food-related items.
- It’s Ready Immediately: Once the sanitization process is complete, your gear is ready to use. No dry time or waiting for harmful chemicals to dissipate.
- It’s Easily Maintained: Unlike some other sanitizers, the Liviliti Paptizer does not utilize any replaceable parts. There are no filters or adapters required.
- It’s Backed by Science: The use of UV-C Light technology to kill microorganisms has been around for nearly 100 years. However, it has recently gained a bit more notoriety and acknowledgment. During the COVID pandemic, healthcare facilities began regularly using UV-C light while sanitizing PPE.
Liviliti Paptizer vs Lumin CPAP Mask Cleaner— Which Is Better?
The Lumin CPAP Mask Cleaner has been on the market for some time and is widely used by many people. But with the advantage of being newer and a bit more advanced, the Liviliti Paptizer might just beat out this tried-and-true favorite!
|Feature||Paptizer UVC Sanitizer||Lumin UV CPAP Sanitizer|
|Light Production Method||40 LED Lights||Mercury-Arc Bulb|
|Sanitization Time||3 minutes||5 minutes|
|Sanitized Storage Time||24 hours|
|Multipurpose||Yes— can disinfect CPAP equipment and various household items.||Yes— can disinfect CPAP equipment and various household items.|
|Internal Capacity||11.89″ x 10.59″ x 6.06″||9.38″ x 6.38″ x 3.88”|
|Multidirectional Sanitization||360° LED lighting from five sides with a reflective bottom.||360° lighting with mercury-arc lamp positioned above with reflective mirrors along sides and bottom.|
|Deodorizing Feature||Yes— via UV-C lights, air flow, and heat||No|
|Auto-Shut Off When Opened||Yes||Yes|
|Replacement Parts Required||No||Yes – Bulb may wear over time.|
|Lab-Tested Effectiveness||Yes— proven to kill 99% of germs.||Yes— proven to kill 99% of germs.|
|User Manual||Paptizer Manual||Lumin Manual|
Instructions for Using the Liviliti Paptizer
The Liviliti Paptizer is very easy to use! But if you have any issues or questions regarding your machine, refer to the user manual or contact customer support.
How to Use the Liviliti Paptizer
- Plug the power supply into the port located on the back of the Paptizer.
- Press the “Open” button on the front of the device to open the lid.
- If this is your first time using the device, you’ll need to remove some protective films from the inside of the Paptizer.
- Place the metal rack above the reflective surface of the bottom of the sanitizer.
- Place your equipment onto the rack and close the lid.
- Press the “On/Off” button to power on the Paptizer. Each button should light up when the machine is powered on.
- Select which of the device’s three modes you would like to utilize, and the Paptizer will take care of the rest
- Once the sanitizing cycle is complete, open the lid and retrieve your items, which are immediately available and safe to use.
How to Test the UV Function
Before using this machine with your own equipment, it is important to perform a trial run to ensure that the LED lights are working properly. In order to do this, you’re going to run a UV test.
- Place the provided UV test card inside the machine.
- Run the Fast Sanitize cycle.
- Once the cycle has been completed, open the lid.
- Quickly examine the test card for changes.
- No Change: The UV lights are not working correctly.
- Addition of Purple Coloring: The UV lights are working correctly.
- Allow the test card to fade back to its original coloring before storing it until the next use.
Advantages of UV-C Light Versus Ozone-Based Cleaners
It’s important to note that technically the FDA has not yet officially approved any UV-C sanitizers or Ozone-based cleaners for use on CPAP equipment. That said, in December of 2020, the FDA issued an Emergency Authorization for use of the Lumin CPAP Mask Cleaner, which functions very similarly to the Liviliti Paptizer.
As of publication, there have not been any public recalls for any of the UV-C-based sanitizers on the market today. And while ozone-based cleaners have been popular for some time, there are several advantages to using a UV-C-based product instead.
- UV-C technology is regularly used in healthcare settings to disinfect medical equipment.
- Ozone gas comes with a heightened risk of leakage. Meanwhile, exposure to UV-C light is unlikely, as most machines have an auto-off feature that automatically turns the light source off when the machine is opened.
- After the ozone cleaning cycle has been completed, you have to wait 1-2 hours before handling your equipment. This is because the chemicals being used need time to break down into non-toxic compounds.
- Ozone-based CPAP cleaners can trigger allergies and breathing problems. According to the FDA, there have been several reports of headaches, cough, sinus irritation, and more following the use of CPAP equipment that has been sanitized using ozone.
What Our Customers Have to Say
With a slew of satisfied customers, the Liviliti Paptizer has earned an impressive 4.9 out of 5 stars! According to reviewers, some of their favorite things about this product are:
- “It’s so easy to use!”
- “It doesn’t have that irritating smell like ozone machines.”
- “It’s very quiet!”
- “The drying and store feature! I use it to dry my headgear after washing it with mild soap and water.”
- “My doctor said these LED cleaners are the best.”
- “No assembly needed!”
If you are ready to add more convenience to your CPAP cleaning routine, we highly suggest the Liviliti Paptizer Smart Sanitizer!
With its large internal compartment, lined with 40 LED lights spread across five sides, plus a light-reflecting bottom, the Paptizer works its magic from every angle. Also, thanks to its ultra-effective UV-C light technology, it’s capable of killing over 99% of the germs in just three minutes!
Additionally, it offers an auto-shutoff so that you never have to worry about being exposed to harmful UV light. And with its ozone and mercury-free features, you never have to worry about sacrificing safety for effectiveness.
The bottom line is, of the sanitizers we have reviewed in the past, this is one of the most user-friendly and powerful CPAP cleaners we’ve come across. So if you’re in the market for a CPAP cleaner, you should absolutely consider the Liviliti Paptizer!