Recently the internet has been buzzing with rumors of a new line of machines called the DreamStation by Philips Respironics. Nothing in the U.S. has officially been released by Respironics, but we’re anxious to see this machine in action.
And, remember to stay tuned to CPAP breakthroughs by clicking the button below.
What Versions Will The Philips Respironics DreamStation Come In?
As best as we can tell, the DreamStation will launch before the end of 2015 as a CPAP, delivering one constant pressure, and an APAP, automatically adjusting pressure throughout the night to provide the minimum pressure needed to maintain an open airway. There is no official word of if and when the BiPAP will be available.
Comparing the DreamStation vs the PR System One (Machine Only):
Most Notable Features:
- The user screen and knob located on the edge of the machine make the machine easier to navigate from bed. If you typically have the machine sitting lower (like in a drawer), you may need to place it on top of the bedside table.
- A sensor is built-in on top of the machine to detect ambient light in the bedroom. It dims the screen in a dark environment and brightens it when you are in an area with ample ambient light.
- Opti-Start technology will monitor the average pressure needed and begin therapy at this pressure. Opti-Start will begin after 30 hours have been recorded with the feature on.
- The humidifier design enables all connections to the chamber to be made when the swinging lid is closed. No need to slide or maneuver the chamber to connect it manually.
Other Standard Features:
- Pressure Range: 4-20 cm H20
- Flex Comfort: C-Flex, C-Flex+, A-Flex
- Ramp (0-45 minutes) and SmartRamp
- Automatic Altitude Compensation
- Advanced Event Detection
- Check Mask Fit Feature
To help you make sense of CPAP machines like the Philips DreamStation, we’ve created this comprehensive guide to CPAP machines. There you’ll find information about CPAP therapy devices, and how they’re used to treat Sleep Apnea. We hope you find this helpful as you begin your journey to overcoming Sleep Apnea.
What Have You Heard about the DreamStation?
Feel free to post your thoughts and questions below in the comments section. Make sure you’ve signed up for our newsletters so that you’ll be the first to hear about the DreamStation when the product becomes available.
CPAP.com is a family-owned and operated business dedicated to providing affordable sleep apnea equipment to those who need sleep therapy. The CPAP team strives to provide insightful and meaningful information to its audience, keeping you in the know on the latest happenings in the sleep health and respiratory world.