CPAP supplies and other CPAP equipment can make great gifts for someone with Sleep Apnea. While you need a valid prescription to purchase some types of CPAP equipment, there are plenty of supplies and accessories you can buy for your loved one using CPAP therapy without a prescription.
Here are some CPAP supplies without prescription you can consider buying for your loved one using CPAP therapy.
Lumin CPAP Cleaner
The Lumin CPAP cleaner is a UV light sanitizing device that’s a more effective and safer way for your loved ones to sanitize their CPAP equipment than using the harsher alternatives. Inside its fail-safe chamber is its store of powerful UV light which it uses to kill bacteria in only five minutes.
The Lumin CPAP cleaner comes with a number of features, including its:
- UV light system
- Simple-to-use design
- Fast, five-minute cycle
- No scheduled replacement items
- Non-CPAP item sanitization
The Lumin CPAP cleaner makes a great gift as it safely disinfects your loved one’s CPAP equipment and kills around 99 percent of pathogens, bacteria, and fungi that tend to stick to the items placed inside the device. Other harsher methods of disinfecting can be harmful if you don’t handle them properly. There’s also a safety shut-off mechanism where the UV light turns off if the drawer is opened, so your eyes aren’t exposed to the UV light.
The five-minute cycle is one of the Lumin’s best features. Items are safely disinfected and ready for immediate use after only five minutes.
Not only can your loved ones use the Lumin CPAP cleaner to clean their CPAP items, but they can also clean other non-CPAP items as well such as:
- Hearing aids
The sanitizer doesn’t require any replacement parts or ongoing maintenance. If it becomes dirty, you simply wipe it down with a non-abrasive soft cloth and that is basically all the upkeep needed. While you can replace the UV bulb, it’s intended to last a lifetime.
CPAP Mask Kits
If your loved one’s mask isn’t performing anymore, it can be cheaper to replace the parts instead of replacing the full mask. Although you do need a prescription to purchase the mask, the replacement parts don’t require one. CPAP mask kits come with a replacement cushion and frame and you can even replace the headgear if needed.
An example of a CPAP mask kit you may want to consider is the ResMed Mirage Quattro Full Face CPAP Mask Assembly Kit. It has an innovative design featuring an advanced seal making it easy to adjust to get a better fit. Air is delivered to both the mouth and nose with this mask.
Just remember, while mask kits make great gifts for someone with Sleep Apnea, you need to know what mask the person prefers and what size they wear.
A CPAP mask without a prescription can also make a great gift for your loved one. However, mask leaks can occur and can be frustrating and challenging, so you’ll want to consider tossing in some mask liners.
Some ideas for mask liners include:
- RemZzzs Padded Full Face CPAP Mask Liners: Full face CPAP masks can cause sweating, skin irritation, and leaks. However, the RemZzzs mask liner uses natural fiber material to help prevent moisture. The decrease in moisture reduces mask leaks and skin irritation. The material of the liner also absorbs facial oils that can make the mask’s seal loose and keeps the cushion from slipping. Your loved one will get a 30-day kit that includes two forehead liners and 30 RemZzzs mask liners.
- Silent Night Full Face CPAP Mask Liners: These act as a barrier between your loved one and their CPAP mask. They have Micro Pillow fabric that helps absorb and draw moisture away, helping to increase the seal of the mask to the face. Your loved one can use one mask liner for six to eight days. This provides them with a full month of comfort since there are four liners in the package.
- ResMed Gecko™ Nasal Pad: The ResMed Gecko Nasal Pad provides your loved one with extreme comfort. It has a soft padding layer between the mask and nasal bridge, helping to decrease mask leaks, nasal bridge soreness and nasal skin irritation. It works with all full face and nasal masks.
Your loved one’s CPAP equipment is an important investment in their sleep health and taking care of it is essential. A cleaning kit is just one of many gift ideas you can consider. Routine, proper care can help them prolong the life of their CPAP machine, mask, and other equipment. Buying CPAP cleaning supplies for is a way for you to be supportive of someone with Sleep Apnea too.
If you can’t find a cleaning kit, it’s easy to build one of your own. Here are some ideas of what you can include in a CPAP cleaning kit:
- CPAP Mask Wipes: Citrus II CPAP Mask Wipes are made for convenient and practical every day cleaning of different equipment like machines, masks, tubing. They also come with a “Tamper Evident” seal. It only takes a few seconds to remove things like oils, dirt and dust. There’s no need to rinse; you just use the wipes. And, there’s no after-smell lingering after the mask is cleaned.
- Tube Brush: Another great accessory your loved ones will be thrilled with is a tube brush. The CPAP Tube Brush Second Gen is a good choice and will help keep the inside of the hose clean, eliminating the worry of algae or mold growth.
- Control III Disinfectant CPAP Cleaning Solution: This concentrate is a concentrated germicide and disinfectant made for pre-cleaning surfaces. Many hospitals and sleep labs use it extensively. It kills a wide-range of pathogens in only 10 minutes of soaking. Control II contains benzyl ammonium chloride which disinfects against biological agents like Influenza, HIV and hepatitis.
- Tube Cleaning System: The Tube Cleaning System makes cleaning your hose easier. You seal the ends of the hose with the tube caps so you can swish your choice of cleaning solution without having to use your hands to cover the openings. You then let the solution sit in the tube while you hang it from the tube bridge and then you dry it afterward by hanging the hose up.
This tube cover is for a 6-foot hose and is made of extremely soft polyester fleece material. Your loved one just slides it over their CPAP hose and fasten the hook and loop closures. The SnuggleHose Cover offers several benefits including:
- It insulates the hose from cooler room air
- Can be used for people using a heated humidifier
- Reduces hose condensation
It also keeps the CPAP hose from disrupting your loved one’s sleep when it comes in contact with their skin.
Aromatherapy Starter Kit
Your loved one will simply set the diffuser up in front of the CPAP filter and add a few drops of essential oil on their diffusion pad. They then just use their CPAP equipment as normal while the diffuser begins scenting the air lightly with the fragrance of their choice. CPAP aromatherapy helps improve comfort, emotion and compliance using the sense of smell.
A CPAP pillow can help your loved one sleep better. When using a regular pillow, even the slightest shift in position can cause the seal of their mask to break, particularly if they sleep on their side. One like the EnduriMed CPAP pillow, for instance, solves this problem because it accommodates a nasal or full face mask and hose with the specially designed pillow that has cutouts on all of the four sides.
CPAP pillows help make numerous sleep positions more comfortable while helping to reduce leaks.
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
These are just some of the many gift ideas for parents, grandparents, or any of your other loved ones with Sleep Apnea. Subscribe to our newsletter for more useful CPAP & Sleep Apnea information as well as savings on equipment.