"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERWorks as the advertisement stated. 100% satisfied with the product & CPAP.com"
November 5, 2013
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERKeep your CPAP hose clean! A must product for excellent cleaning procedures."
November 15, 2013
The CPAP Tube Brush Second Gen is an advancement on the widely popular first generation tube cleaning brush. The second generation adds stainless steel and the choice between a brush for standard or slimmer hoses.
Manufactured by Monaco Products, Inc.
The CPAP Tube Brush Second Gen is a great accessory used to clean the inside of a CPAP hose. Keeping the inside of a hose clean eliminates the worry of mold or algae growth. The addition of stainless steel and hose size options makes it more durable and compatible.
To use, insert the brush end of the stem into the CPAP hose and gently scrub the inside liner as the brush is worked back out. Click here for more detailed instructions on use.
The addition of stainless steel prolongs the life of the CPAP Tube Brush Second Gen. Stainless steel means no worry of the stem rusting after use in a moist hose. The stem is 18/8 stainless steel, meaning it has a 18% chromium composition, making it durable and unable to rust.
Hose Size Options
The second generation Tube Brush adds two size options, both are 5 feet in length:
The 19mm brush is for use with standard or "22mm" hoses. Although these hoses have a cuff diameter of 22mm, the inner diameter of these hoses is 19mm, making this brush the correct option.
The 15mm brush is for use with "SlimLine" hoses which have an inner diameter of 15mm.
Brush Length Note: Please note the tube brush is 5 feet in length. It will not fully reach the entire length of a standard 6 foot CPAP hose. The tube brush is intended to be inserted into one end of the tube, worked back and forth in short movements, taken out, then inserted into the other end and the process repeated to clean the length of the hose. The same process can be used on longer hoses, up to 10 feet.
To view information and reviews of the first generation brush, click here.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- 1- CPAP Tube Brush in Selected Size
Brush length: 5 foot
Brush Diameter (Bristles): 15mm or 19mm
Steel: 18/8 Stainless Steel
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
The 19mm CPAP Tube Brush is compatible with all 19mm diameter hoses except:
- ClimateLineAir™ Heated Tube for AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines
- ClimateLineAir™ Oxy Heated Tube for AirSense™ 10 and AirCurve™ 10 Machines
- The 19mm brush is for use with "Standard" or "22mm" hoses which have an inner diameter of 19mm.
- The 15mm brush is for use with "SlimLine" hoses which have a inner diameter of 15mm.
Instructions for Use:
- While holding both ends, unwind and straighten the tube brush carefully. To avoid fatigue on the stem by winding and unwinding, it is suggested to find somewhere to hang the brush.
- Before using the brush, wash with a mild detergent and warm water. Afterwards use cool water to rinse throughly.
- A mild detergent and luke-warm water should likewise be used when cleaning the CPAP hose.
- While keeping the hose as straight as possible to prevent unnecessary wear or damage, carefully work the brush back and forth in short movements, gradually working deeper into the hose.
- Insert the tube brush into the opposite end of the tube to clean the other end.
- The fan tipped brush reduces pressure on the inner wall of the hose. Avoid aggressive use when cleaning using the brush.
- Thoroughly rinse the hose with cool water after cleaning.
- To dry the interior of the hose, connect it to the CPAP machine and allow it to run for approximately 15 minutes or until the interior moisture has evaporated.
- Gently dry the bristles by patting with a towel or cloth then hang the brush in a room with proper air circulation.
- Cool or luke-warm water is recommended because hot water can dry out plastics and shorten their lifespan.
Important Note: CPAP.com is not responsible for tubing that is damaged as a result of improper cleaning procedures. The CPAP Tube Brush Second Gen is sold solely for the purpose of maintaining CPAP tubing. The manufacturer is not responsible for consequences of any other use.