Have a question? Call us!
Sat 8AM-5PM CST
When you take flight, hit the trail, or otherwise go off-grid—take your CPAP with you! The Medistrom Pilot-12 Lite is specifically engineered for 12-volt devices, including leading Philips Respironics CPAP machines, like the DreamStation Auto and the System One 60 Series. It's able to provide enough power for at least a night of therapy. It's also fully FAA compliant and keeps your therapy running even on a transatlantic flight.
The Pilot-12 Lite can help during storm season, winter storms, or any time the power goes out while you're sleeping. It can detect a loss of power and automatically come on while you're sleeping. Your therapy won't miss a beat!
Manufactured by Medistrom.
This product is not currently available for expedited shipping within the continental U.S. Regular ground shipping will be the only options. Other options may be available for non-continental U.S. residents.
The Medistrom Pilot-12 Lite is designed to provide one full 8-hour night of therapy for popular CPAP models like the DreamStation Auto or the System One 60 Series on a pressure setting of 10 and without using a humidifier.
The Medistrom Pilot-12 Lite is compatible with the following machines:
- Philips DreamStation Line of Machines (Excluding the DreamStation Go)
- System One 60 Series
- IntelliPAP 2*
- Z1 Auto*
- Z1 Standard CPAP*
- Z2 Auto*
- Z2 Standard CPAP*
*Requires the Pilot-12 Lite Mixed Kit sold separately.
Features and Benefits:
- Provides Enough Power for 1 - 2 Nights
- FAA Compliant for Use In-Flight
- Use as a Travel Battery or Convenient Battery Backup
- Simple Controls and Easy to Operate
- Powers the DreamStation Auto Without Needing a Special Adapter
- Charge the Battery Using the CPAP Machine Power Supply
- Convenient USB for Charging Your Phone or Tablet
Powers Your DreamStation or Z2 for 1 - 2 Nights
The Pilot-12 Lite is designed to help you take your therapy with you when you fly or travel, powering your DreamStation or compatible device for 1-2 nights while you're away. Sleep soundly on a flight from New York to London, or go camping! The possibilities are endless! Run times vary depending on things like altitude and whether or not you're using accessories like a humidifier or heated tube. Battery run times in ideal conditions are typically 8 -16 hours.
These run times are fairly consistent across the list of compatible devices, like the DreamStation, Z2, IntelliPAP, and other models.
FAA Compliant for In-Flight Use
The power pack is FAA compliant, meaning it can be used in-flight, meeting all FAA and TSA requirements. You'll breeze through security and be able to take it to any airport in the world, and hopefully get better sleep no matter where life takes you.
Works as a Battery Backup
When storms approach, and you risk losing power, don't worry. In the event of an outage, the Pilot-12 Lite senses the loss of power and kicks in automatically. You won't have to do anything extra.
Simple Controls and Easy to Operate
You won't need to be extremely tech-savvy to get your machine working, just get the appropriate cord and plug in! There's no requirement for heavy and expensive inverters to make this battery work with your therapy. Just plug in and it goes.
Comes With the Right Cable for DreamStation Auto
By purchasing this battery backup, you'll get the correct attachment for the DreamStation Auto without needing to buy anything else. The included attachment will also work for the System One 60 Series. You'll need to purchase the correct cable separately for the Z1 or Z2, or the IntelliPAP or IntelliPAP 2.
Charge the Pilot-12 Lite Using Your Machine's Power Supply
You'll notice that the Pilot-12 Lite doesn't come with its own power supply. That's because the Pilot-12 Lite uses your machine's power supply for charging the battery. This way you don't have to pay for an extra power supply, and this helps keep the cost down. For the Z1 and Z2 power supplies, you'll need a short charging adapter cable to connect the power supply to the battery.
Off-Grid? Use the Pilot-12 Lite to Charge a Phone or Tablet!
If a camping trip takes your therapy off-grid, no worries! Keep a mobile device charged and good-to-go, using the Pilot-12 Lite. The battery features a USB connection for cell phones or tablet charging cables.
The manufacturer guarantees the product within 12 months from the date of original purchase, excluding abuse and neglect of the product.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- Pilot-12 Lite Battery
- Output Cable for Philips Respironics DreamStation and System One Series 60
- Fabric Carrying Case
- Product Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Capacity: 95Wh
- Cell Type: LG Industrial grade genuine rechargeable lithium ion cells
- Rated Input: 12V, 60W (NORMAL) 80W (MAX)
- Rated Output: DC 12V, 6.5A
- USB Out: 5V, 2.5A
- Life Span: Over 500 full charge/discharge cycles
- Case: Aluminum
- Dimensions: 17cm x 9cm x 2cm, Weight 1.3lbs
- Power Gauge: 4 stage Charge Level Indicator Lights
- Recharge Time: 2-3 hours via Respironics DreamStation AC Adapter (charging via other compatible adapters may be longer)
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
PLEASE NOTE: The Medistrom Pilot-12 Lite uses the machine's power supply for recharging. As such, it doesn't come with a power supply. For connecting the Z1 and Z2 machines, you'll need to purchase a short charging adapter (sold separately).
Here's the User Manual for the Pilot-12 Lite.
FAA Battery Regulations
Here are the regulations from the FAA outlining the regulations on the types of batteries will be allowed to be carried on a flight. The battery meets all the requirements for in-flight use.FAA Regulations for Batteries
The Medistrom Pilot-12 Lite is compatible with the following machines out of the box:
- Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto
- Philips Respironics System One 60 Series
The Pilot-12 Lite can also connect to the following machines if using a special adapter, (sold separately).
- IntelliPAP 2
- Z1 Auto
- Z1 Standard CPAP
- Z2 Auto
- Z2 Standard CPAP
DreamStation Auto Charging Instructions
- Using the AC power supply for the DreamStation Auto, connect the adapter that would normally go into the DreamStation into the port that says "charge".
- Plug the cord into the nearest outlet.
- Charging should take 2 - 3 hours.
- Charge level is indicated by the LED lights on the front of the battery. When all four lights are illuminated, this indicates a full charge.
- Avoid over-charging, as this will help the battery last longer. When full, disconnect from the outlet.
Charging Using the Z1 or Z2 Power Supply
- Plug the Short Charging Adapter Cable (sold separately) into the charge port of the Pilot-12 Lite.
- Connect the Short Charging Adapter Cable to the power supply of the Z1 or Z2.
- Plug into a wall outlet.
- Charging should begin automatically.
Using the Pilot-12 Lite as a Battery Backup
- Connect the Pilot-12 Lite to the AC power supply.
- Plug the power supply into the wall outlet.
- Connect the adapter tip for the machine into the DC out port of the battery.
- Power on the battery.
- Your CPAP machine should begin working.
First Time Charging Tips: Charge all the way to 100%. Partial charging can impact the battery's total run time and reduce it's lifespan.
Tips for Improving Run Times
The battery is engineered to provide one full night of use. This calculation was based on the battery having a full charge, and not having been used to power cellphones, tablets or other devices before use. It was also based on presuming the user would be at a pressure setting of 10, and would not be using a humidifier or heated hose.
Higher pressure settings and using humidification can greatly reduce runtimes. You will also get lower runtimes if you're currently at higher elevations, as the air is thinner and the machine has to work harder to keep you at the right pressure.
Lower pressure settings and not using humidification will produce the longest run times. As a number of different factors come into play with battery run times we cannot guarantee any specific run time for this device.
- Lithium-Ion battery cells are made with highly toxic and corrosive chemicals and can cause injury or death if exposed. Do not attempt to open the casing on your own or attempt any kind of repair or modification as you can put yourself in danger. Do not drop or otherwise abuse the battery, as this can risk exposure to the chemicals inside.
- Do not get the battery wet or attempt to wipe or clean with any spray or solvent. Any kind of moisture can result in damage or loss.
- Extreme heat or fire can interfere with the chemicals inside the battery and cause it to explode.