Have a question? Call us!
Sat 8AM-5PM CST
Affected by the power outages in California? We're here to help. Give us a call to help make sure you can continue therapy.
When you take flight, hit the trail, or otherwise go off-grid—take your CPAP with you! The Medistrom Pilot-12 Lite is specifically engineered for 12-volt devices, including leading Philips Respironics CPAP machines, like the DreamStation Auto and the System One 60 Series.
When storm season begins, and the Pilot-12 Lite can help there too. It can be used as a battery backup in the event AC outlet power is lost in your home.
Manufactured by Medistrom.
This product is not currently available for expedited shipping within the continental U.S. Regular ground shipping will be the only options. Other options may be available for non-continental U.S. residents.
The Medistrom Pilot-12 Lite offers frequent flyers, trekkers, and adventurers the best solution for travel and a busy lifestyle, with an FAA compliant battery designed to be used in-flight on the way to your next destination.
The Medistrom Pilot-12 Lite is designed to provide one full 8-hour night of therapy for popular CPAP models like the DreamStation Auto or the System One 60 Series on a pressure setting of 10 and without using a humidifier*.
*Run times are impacted by factors such as pressure setting, altitude, using a heated hose among other factors, and run times cannot be guaranteed.
The Medistrom Pilot-12 Lite is compatible with the following machines:
- Philips DreamStation Line of Machines (Excluding the DreamStation Go)
- System One 60 Series
- IntelliPAP 2*
- Z1 Auto*
- Z1 Standard CPAP*
- Z2 Auto*
- Z2 Standard CPAP*
*Requires the Pilot-12 Lite Mixed Kit sold separately.
In The Box:
- Pilot 12-Lite
- Battery Carry Sleeve
- DC Out Cable for Philips Respironics / System One
- Product Manual
- Quick Start Guide
Features and Benefits:
- Now Your CPAP Can Go With You!
- Simple Controls and Easy to Operate
- Use as a Travel Battery or Convenient Battery Backup
- Powers the DreamStation Auto Without Needing a Special Adapter
- Charge the Battery Using the CPAP Machine Power Supply
- FAA Compliant for Use In-Flight
- Convenient USB for Charging Your Phone or Tablet
Now Your CPAP Can Go With You!
When planning your next trip, make your CPAP a part of your journey with the Medistrom Pilot-12 Lite. Leaving home shouldn't mean nights with poor sleep and waking up feeling exhausted. The Pilot-12 Lite is small and lightweight, making it easy to transport to destinations near and far, and provides enough juice for 1 to 2 nights of therapy.
The power pack is FAA compliant, meaning it can be used in-flight, meeting all FAA and TSA requirements, making it a breeze to get through security and the perfect companion for a long flight.
Simple Controls and Easy to Operate
You won't need to be extremely tech-savvy to get your machine working, just get the appropriate cord and plug in! There's no requirement for heavy and expensive inverters to make this battery work with your therapy. Just plug in and it goes.
Works as a Battery Backup
When storms approach, and you risk losing power, don't worry. In the event of an outage, the Pilot-12 Lite senses the loss of power and kicks in automatically.
Comes With the Right Cable for DreamStation Auto
By purchasing this battery backup, you'll get the correct attachment for the DreamStation Auto without needing to buy anything else. The included attachment will also work for the System One 60 Series. You'll need to purchase the correct cable separately for the Z1 or Z2, or the IntelliPAP or IntelliPAP 2.
Charge the Pilot-12 Lite Using Your Machine's Power Supply
You'll notice that the Pilot-12 Lite doesn't come with its own power supply. That's because the Pilot-12 Lite uses your machine's power supply for charging the battery. This way you don't have to pay for an extra power supply, and this helps keep the cost down. For the Z1 and Z2 power supplies, you'll need a short charging adapter cable to connect the power supply to the battery.
Off-Grid? Use the Pilot-12 Lite to Charge a Phone or Tablet!
If a camping trip takes your therapy off-grid, no worries! Keep a mobile device charged and good-to-go, using the Pilot-12 Lite. The battery features a USB connection for cell phones or tablet charging cables.
Battery Run Times
According to the manufacturer, this battery will last for 8 - 16 hours, depending on a number of factors including altitude, pressure setting, humidification, among other things. Higher altitudes and pressures will lead to the battery run times being reduced, as well as for factors like using humidification.
These run times are fairly consistent across the list of compatible devices, like the DreamStation, Z2, IntelliPAP, and other models.
The manufacturer guarantees the product within 12 months from the date of original purchase, excluding abuse and neglect of the product.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- Pilot-12 Lite Battery
- Output Cable for Philips Respironics DreamStation and System One Series 60
- Fabric Carrying Case
- Product Manual
- Quick Start Guide
- Capacity: 95Wh
- Cell Type: LG Industrial grade genuine rechargeable lithium ion cells
- Rated Input: 12V, 60W (NORMAL) 80W (MAX)
- Rated Output: DC 12V, 6.5A
- USB Out: 5V, 2.5A
- Life Span: Over 500 full charge/discharge cycles
- Case: Aluminum
- Dimensions: 17cm x 9cm x 2cm, Weight 1.3lbs
- Power Gauge: 4 stage Charge Level Indicator Lights
- Recharge Time: 2-3 hours via Respironics DreamStation AC Adapter (charging via other compatible adapters may be longer)
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
PLEASE NOTE: The Medistrom Pilot-12 Lite uses the machine's power supply for recharging. As such, it doesn't come with a power supply. For connecting the Z1 and Z2 machines, you'll need to purchase a short charging adapter (sold separately).
Here's the User Manual for the Pilot-12 Lite.
FAA Battery Regulations
Here are the regulations from the FAA outlining the regulations on the types of batteries will be allowed to be carried on a flight. The battery meets all the requirements for in-flight use.FAA Regulations for Batteries
The Medistrom Pilot-12 Lite is compatible with the following machines out of the box:
- Philips Respironics DreamStation Auto
- Philips Respironics System One 60 Series
The Pilot-12 Lite can also connect to the following machines if using a special adapter, (sold separately).
- IntelliPAP 2
- Z1 Auto
- Z1 Standard CPAP
- Z2 Auto
- Z2 Standard CPAP
DreamStation Auto Charging Instructions
- Using the AC power supply for the DreamStation Auto, connect the adapter that would normally go into the DreamStation into the port that says "charge".
- Plug the cord into the nearest outlet.
- Charging should take 2 - 3 hours.
- Charge level is indicated by the LED lights on the front of the battery. When all four lights are illuminated, this indicates a full charge.
- Avoid over-charging, as this will help the battery last longer. When full, disconnect from the outlet.
Charging Using the Z1 or Z2 Power Supply
- Plug the Short Charging Adapter Cable (sold separately) into the charge port of the Pilot-12 Lite.
- Connect the Short Charging Adapter Cable to the power supply of the Z1 or Z2.
- Plug into a wall outlet.
- Charging should begin automatically.
Using the Pilot-12 Lite as a Battery Backup
- Connect the Pilot-12 Lite to the AC power supply.
- Plug the power supply into the wall outlet.
- Connect the adapter tip for the machine into the DC out port of the battery.
- Power on the battery.
- Your CPAP machine should begin working.
First Time Charging Tips: Charge all the way to 100%. Partial charging can impact the battery's total run time and reduce it's lifespan.
Tips for Improving Run Times
The battery is engineered to provide one full night of use. This calculation was based on the battery having a full charge, and not having been used to power cellphones, tablets or other devices before use. It was also based on presuming the user would be at a pressure setting of 10, and would not be using a humidifier or heated hose.
Higher pressure settings and using humidification can greatly reduce runtimes. You will also get lower runtimes if you're currently at higher elevations, as the air is thinner and the machine has to work harder to keep you at the right pressure.
Lower pressure settings and not using humidification will produce the longest run times. As a number of different factors come into play with battery run times we cannot guarantee any specific run time for this device.
- Lithium-Ion battery cells are made with highly toxic and corrosive chemicals and can cause injury or death if exposed. Do not attempt to open the casing on your own or attempt any kind of repair or modification as you can put yourself in danger. Do not drop or otherwise abuse the battery, as this can risk exposure to the chemicals inside.
- Do not get the battery wet or attempt to wipe or clean with any spray or solvent. Any kind of moisture can result in damage or loss.
- Extreme heat or fire can interfere with the chemicals inside the battery and cause it to explode.