Solar Charger for Transcend Batteries
Compatible with the Transcend Travel line of machines, some of the world's smallest CPAPs, the Solar Charger for Transcend Batteries adds another layer of portability by allowing the Transcend Travel machines to be used anywhere there is direct sunlight available.
The Solar Charger for Transcend Batteries is a foldable solar panel that when placed in direct sunlight will charge the Transcend Multi-Night Battery. The Multi-Night battery can be charged in approximately 12 hours in direct sunlight. It will also charge the Transcend Overnight Battery, which is no longer available for purchase, in approximately 6 hours. These times may vary depending on the UV index. These batteries connect directly to the solar charger without the need of converters or inverters.
When folded, the solar charger measures 12.5 in L x 7 in W x 1.25 in H and weighs 0.7 lbs. Unfolded, the solar charger measures 34.5 in L x 12.5 in W.
Please note, this solar charger will only work with the Transcend Overnight (No Longer Available) and Multi-Night batteries which are for use with the:
- Transcend Travel CPAP Machine
- Transcend EZEX Travel CPAP Machine
- Transcend Auto Travel CPAP Machine with EZEX
This is the solar charger only and does not include a Transcend machine or battery.
This Product Includes...
- Solar Charger
Folded Dimensions: 12.5 in L x 7 in W x 1.25 in HOpen, Flat Dimensions: 34.5 in L x 12.5 in W
Weight: 0.7 lbs
Power: 13 - 14W
Operating Temperature: 32° - 113°F (0-45°C)
Storage Temperature: -4° - 140°F (-20-60°C)
Warranty: 1 year
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Compatibility Note: Please note that this solar charger is only compatible with the Transcend Overnight or Multi-Night battery, it is not compatible with any other batteries.
Solar Panel Instructions
- Detach Velcro Fastener
- Unfold panel to maximum size
- Place in direct sunlight
- Attach the battery to the solar panel
- Only the LED light on the solar panel will turn on. The battery LED light will not turn on. Outside in sunlight, the LED light should be "shaded" from bright sunlight in order to see whether or not it is lit.
- Solid RED LED = Charging
- Solid GREEN LED = Fully Charged
- Protect the battery from extreme temperatures. Place the battery and the charging port (gray box) under a cloth or cover.
- The solar panel is water resistant. The batteries are not and steps must be taken to keep them dry.
- After use, wipe the solar panel dry and remove debris. Clean and dry the charging port after each use.
- Do not fold and store the solar panel when it is damp - allow to dry first.
- Do not fold or crease the solar panels themselves, this could prevent them from functioning in the future.
Click here to view and print the full instruction sheet: Solar Charger for Transcend Batteries Instruction Sheet.
After using the solar charger to charge battery all day long in the direct sunlight it charges it enough to use the battery for about 3 hours at night. Cpap.com will not accept returns after it is used. Very disapointing more...
1 person found this helpful.
Great performance with the P8 battery providing 3.5 nights of power after initial charge. On first trip the solar charger "did not work". Closer inspection on directions show that I had it hooked up wrong. Confusion is that it shows a mobile charger hooks to the female slot of battery. Same with a AC adapter. And.. it does come with an extra cord allowing the the same with the solar charger. In fact, the battery output cord simply plugs in to the solar panel. In my case, we base camp while hiking all day and can only position the solar charger in a position that it will get the most input during mid day sun. Charging daily (not waiting for it to go dead) has kept the unit in use for a five day (so far) wilderness adventure. more...
Spent a lot of money for the only option to use cpap on backpacking trips to recharge battery. Took a very long time to charge both times it worked. more...
1 person found this helpful.
So far, the solar charger has worked as expected.
I got this about a week ago and have not had the opportunity to test it out, but I am in hopes that it will work great on my multi-night backpacking trips. more...