TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask Assembly Kit
Mask assembly kits are a way to refresh your mask without having to purchase the full mask.
The TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask Assembly Kit by Airway Management is the mask frame and three pairs of nasal pillows for the innovative TAP PAP mask that can be used without headgear. The mouthpiece is required to use this mask. It is not included with this product but can be added at the time of purchase.
The TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask Assembly Kit is the frame and pillows for the TAP PAP Nasal Pillow mask only. This kit does not include the mouthpiece or headgear.
- Mouthpiece (Purchased Separately)
- Three Sizes Included
- Adjustable Frame
- Adaptive Hose Connection
Three Sizes Included
The TAP PAP Assembly Kit includes three sizes of nasal pillows: Small, Medium and Large.
When the mouthpiece (purchased separately) is connected, the frame of the TAP PAP can be adjusted for a better, more comfortable fit. Adjustments are made using the nut and bolt joint on the mask frame.
Adaptive Hose Connection
The TAP PAP features a short tube which ends with a ball and socket joint that rotates, allowing for the mask to better maintain its stability and seal if sleeping positions change.
The connection between the short hose and joint can be flexed to release the mask from the long hose. When ready to resume therapy it can be snapped back into place easily.
Moutpiece (Purchased Separately)
The TAP PAP Nasal Pillow Mask features a unique design that allows the use of a mouthpiece to hold and stabilize the mask rather than a traditional headgear. The mouthpiece is molded to the users upper teeth for a comfortable fit. Please see the Important Tips tab for more information about this process.
This mask assembly kit does not include the mouthpiece which is necessary to use this mask. The mouthpiece can be added to your purchase by clicking the "Customize & Buy" button above and selecting to add a mouthpiece to your order. Or, visit the product page: Improved Mouthpiece for TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask.
Interested in ordering the entire TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Improved Stability Mouthpiece? CLICK HERE.
This is the TAP PAP mask frame, short tube, and three pairs of nasal pillows only. This assembly kit does NOT include the mouthpiece necessary to use the mask, or the optional headgear. To view the mouthpiece information visit: Improved Mouthpiece for TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask.
The following information regards the entire TAP PAP mask, including mouthpiece, which is not included with this kit.
The TAP PAP Nasal Pillow Mask is not recommended for:
- Users with permanent bridges installed on the upper teeth
- Users with dental implants
- Users with less than 8 original, permanent upper teeth
- Users with 1 or 2 upper teeth positioned more forward than the rest (1 or 2 teeth that stick out)
- Users with removable dentures
- Users with loose crowns or fillings or broken or soft teeth
- The TAP PAP and all materials used to make it have been cleared as safe for oral use every night by the FDA
- Check with your dentist if you use a bite guard as the TAP PAP mouthpiece will cover the upper teeth. Use of both the TAP PAP and a bite guard may result in mouth leaks.
- Before using the TAP PAP, a dentist visit within the last 12 months is needed.
- The TAP PAP mouthpiece was once a pale peach color, but has since been changed to white
Adjusting and Fitting the TAP PAP:
- Click here to view the TAP PAP Fitting Guide Document
- Someone new to wearing a mouthpiece may need time to become accustomed to it. Adjusting may take a few days.
- The TAP PAP Mouthpiece should fit comfortably snug. To loosen the fit, run the mouthpiece under hot tap water for 15 seconds, then gently bite down on the mouthpiece for approximately 4 minutes. The fit will loosen around the teeth.
- The mouthpiece can also be held under hot tap water for 15 seconds and the spacing widened or narrowed.
- The bolt and screw can be adjusted to change the angle and alignment of the mouthpiece and nasal pillows for a more comfortable fit.
- If leaks develop around the nasal pillows, try a different size or rotate the existing pillows. To fit the pillows, apply the mask while under pressure from air flowing from the machine. Move the mask away from the nose as much as possible without causing it to leak. Because of the stability achieved through the TAP PAP mouthpiece, the mask may not need to be tightened as much as other masks to create a proper seal.
- To completely remold the TAP PAP mouthpiece, follow the boiling instructions in the fitting guide linked above.
Cleaning and Care of the TAP PAP:
- The TAP PAP should be rinsed with cold water after every use and allowed to air dry out of direct sunlight.
- The mask components and and nasal pillows should be washed in lukewarm water with mild soap weekly. The manufacturer suggests scrubbing the mouthpiece with a soft toothbrush. Rinse completely and allow to air dry out of direct sunlight.
- If using the TAP PAP headgear, it should be washed weekly using a mild soap. Rinse completely and allow to air dry out of direct sunlight.
- The TAP PAP and components SHOULD NOT be washed in a washing machine or dishwasher. Use only mild soaps free of moisturizers, alcohol, bleach, or antibacterial agents.
Love this product. Makes using the chap machine easy
I had hoped that this would solve the leakage problem with my tap-pap nasal pillows. It's hasn't. It's more...
My usual c-pap, Medicare approved, supplier does not carry this product. I use it with a custom Tap-Pap mouthpiece, and more...
Best mask I've used to date. The mouth piece set-up may not be for everyone, and takes a few nights more...