Q-Tube Replacement Foam Kit
HDM's Q-Tube Replacement Foam Kit extends the life of the Q-Tube Muffler with the essential components needed to replace the worn out materials.
The Q-Tube Replacement Foam Kit from HDM includes: the O-Ring, fresh foam material, and a new plastic sleeve. This is the replacement kit, which can be purchased to refresh and prolong the life of the Q-Tube device.
To learn more about the universal Q-Tube device, visit the product page: Q-Tube In-Line CPAP Muffler Kit.
This Product Includes...
- 1 - Foam Baffling Material
- 1 - Plastic Sleeve
- 1 - O-Ring
Materials List for the Q-Tube Replacement Kit
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Follow these guidelines to disassemble the Q-Tube.
- Lift the cap from the Q-Tube body by placing a finger in the intended slot. With a gentle force, push upward causing the cap to disconnect from the device.
- Grip the End Cap and move in a clockwise direction to align the pins with the designated indentions on the Q-Tube body. Once in position, pull upward on the End Cap to dislodge the piece from the body of the device.
- Please Note: The red-colored ring, otherwise known as the O-Ring will likely offer substantial resistance as the End Cap is being pulled from the body of the Q-Tube. The ring is designed to seal around the End Cap. As it loosens, grasp the ring to ensure it is not lost while removing the End Cap from the Q-Tube Muffler.
- Move a finger into the interior of the Q-Tube to remove the foam layer.
- To further remove and replace the foam layer, release the clasps on the exterior of the plastic sleeve.
- With the plastic sleeve stretched open, lay a new, fresh piece of foam in the middle of the sleeve with equal distance between the rolled foam and the tabs. Then, gently pull the plastic tabs over the foam allowing them to lock in the middle.
- Place the plastic sleeve with the foam back into the body of the Q-Tube. While pushing the materials into place, evaluate the device to ensure nothing has fallen lose which may potentially obstruct the user's airway.
- Now, place the O-Ring and the End Cap into place. The O-Ring will need to rest at the bottom of the End Cap. Move the End Cap to re-align the pins with the designated indentions. Move the End Cap in a counter clockwise direction and push downward to confirm the piece is back in position.
- Grab the cap and re-attach to the Q-Tube. You will know the cap is secure when a clicking sound is heard.
When Should I Replace the Foam Layer?
The foam layer inside of the Q-Tube is designed to diminish machine and airflow noise for both the user and bed partner. To ensure these optimal results, replace the foam every 14 days or upon visible deterioration of the foam.
Love how quiet the my CPAP machine is with this inline muffler. I have purchased the foam replacement today. more...
They do the job. Q Tube is a good sound muffler for my travel CPAP.
Provides safe, quiet sleep
Works well as designed & advertised.