60 Series Heated Humidifier for Non-Heated Tubing
The Philips Respironics 60 Series Heated Humidifier for Non-Heated Hoses is a humidifier designed to provide the warmth of humidified air to your nose, sinuses, and throat. This way you'll reduce the potential discomfort of using your 60 Series, while the same time waking up hopefully feeling more refreshed.
This humidifier is only for people who are using non-heated hoses, and it doesn't have a mechanism to attach heating coils. If you use a non-heated tube, this system should work well for you.
A good way to help reduce condensation with your System One 60 Series Heated Humidifier can be done by purchasing a hose cover to help insulate the hose and keep the air from cooling and leaking condensation as it travels from the humidifier to the mask.
The Philips Respironics 60 Series Heated Humidifier for Non-Heated Tubing is compatible with the following devices:
- PR REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
- PR REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with Bluetooth
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bluetooth
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Auto with Bi-Flex
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series BiPAP Pro with Bi-Flex
- PR System One REMstar 60 Series Plus CPAP Machine with C-Flex
- PR System One REMStar 60 Series SE CPAP Machine
This Product Includes...
- Material Components of Metal Plates on Humidifier and Inside Chamber: Anodized Aluminum
- Temperature Operating: 41° F to 95° F (5° C to 35° C)
- Temperature Storage: -4° F to 140° F (-20° C to 60° C)
- Relative Humidity: 15 to 95% (non-condensing)
- Atmospheric Pressure: 77 to 101 kPa (0 - 7500 ft.)
- Dimensions: 7 in. L x 5.5 in. W x 4.0 in. H (18 x 14 x 10 cm)
- Weight (with water tank empty): Approximately 1.95 lbs (< .89kg)
- Water Capacity: 325 mL (1 1/3 cups /11 oz) at recommended water level
- Standards Compliance: This humidifier is designed to conform to the following standards: IEC 60601-1 General Requirements for Safety of Medical Electrical Equipment EN ISO 8185 General Requirements for Humidification Systems
- AC Power Consumption: (with 60 W power supply): 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.1 A max.
- AC Power Consumption: (with 80 W power supply) 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 2.0 A max.
- DC Power Consumption: 12 VDC, 6.67 A
- Type of Protection Against Electric Shock: Class II Equipment
- Degree of Protection Against Electric Shock: Type BF Applied Part
- Equipment Type: IPX1: Drip Proof Equipment
- Mode of Operation: Continuous
- Electromagnetic Compatibility: The device meets the requirements of EN 60601-1-2, 2nd edition.
- HeaterPlate: 75º C (167º F)
System One Relative Humidity:
- Setting 1 = 70%
- Setting 2 = 80%
- Setting 3 = 90%
- Pressure Drop with Humidifier: (max.) 0.3cm H2O at 60 LPM flow
- Humidity min Output: 10 mg H2O/L, measured at max flow, 35º C, 15% RH
- Disposal: When necessary, dispose of the humidifier in accordance with local regulations.
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
Maximum Fill Level Tips
Do not fill the water tank above the maximum fill line. Damage to the humidifier or therapy device may occur. If the water tank is overfilled, water may leak out of the tank inlet (located on the back of the tank) when installing the tank lid.
Use only room temperature distilled water in the tank. Do not put any chemicals or additives into the water (like Essential Oils). Possible airway irritation or damage to the water tank may result.
Remove the tank, empty all water, and replace the empty tank before transporting the humidifier base. Do not attempt to fill the water tank while it is inside the humidifier.
To avoid spilling, do not disconnect the humidifier from the therapy device with water in the tank. Remove the water tank from the humidifier before disconnecting the therapy device.
Do not turn the humidifier on without the water tank installed. The Humidifier number setting must remain on 0 if there is no water in the water tank.
The humidifier door must be set in the open position before removing the water tank. Do not remove the water tank without making sure that the humidifier door locks into the open position.
Do not move the humidifier while the water tank has water in it.
PR System One Humidifier Modes
PR System One REMstar 60 machines version 1.22 or higher has two humidification modes:
- Classic Humidification
- System One Humidification
Version Note: To determine the version of software installed on a PR System One REMStar 60 machine, unplug the machine and plug it back into an outlet. The version is displayed on the screen when the unit is first plugged into an outlet. The humidification settings are displayed only when a PR System One Heated Humidifier is attached to the machine.
Classic Mode Humidification
The Classic mode of humidification allows the CPAP user to control the heat setting on the humidifier. The user will select "Classic" mode settings C1,C2, C3, C4 or C5. The "C" in front of the humidification setting indicates "Classic". C1 is the lowest level of humidification and C5 is the highest level of humidification.
System One Humidification Mode
The System One Humidification uses the technology of the system to set the level of humidification delivered. The machine makes the decision based on the humidity present in the room air. The CPAP user decides how much they want to receive. A setting of 1 delivers the lowest humidity level and a setting of 5 delivers the highest level. The humidification setting will show 1 - 5. The letter "C" will NOT precede the number.
Heat Off To turn the heated humidifier off, set the humidifier to zero "0". The air from the machine will pass over the water in the chamber acting as a passover Humidifier.
Setting the Humidification Mode and Level:
The humidifier menu will only show when the humidifier is attached to the machine.
- Using the wheel on the machine, select "Setup" menu. Scroll down the menu offerings to locate: "SYSTEM ONE humidification".
- Set to "On" to allow the technology of the machine to set the amount of humidification delivered to the system based on the setting of 1 -5. When in the SYSTEM ONE humidification mode there is no letter indicator next to the number.
- Set to "Off" to control the heat setting manually. The letter "C" is displayed in front of the humidification number to indicate "Classic". C1 is the lowest heat setting and C5 is the highest heat level.
- Set the humidification level by adjusting the number to the right of "Humidifier", the menu item below SYSTEM ONE humidification. 1 is the least and 5 is the most humidification.
Power Supply and DC Cable
The External 80 Watt Power Supply for PR System One REMstar 60 Series Machines included in this product is NOT compatible with other versions of PR System One machines.
The connection peg that plugs into a PR System One REMStar 60 Series machine is a specific size and will fit only these machines. The external power supply for these machines has different specifications than the External Power Supply for PR System One REMstar CPAP and BiPAP Machines used with other machines in the Philips Respironics lines.
The Power Cord that plugs the external power supply into the wall outlet is the same for all System One machines.
I have a 50 series machine and this doesn't work. CPAP.com kindly offered me a refund. Had to buy a more...
I purchased this humidifier to replace my 7 year old Philips humidifier that was acting up. This new humidifier works more...
It seems to work just fine, integrates well with the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Pro CPAP Machine with more...
This is the second one I have purchases. Works well. Easy to fill and clean.
I have been without a humidifier for some months because the humidifier on my old unit failed. With winter more...