XT Heated Humidifier
The XT Heated Humidifier is used with the Apex XT line of travel sized machines. The machine and humidifier offer a small foot print taking up little room on the bedside table.
The XT Heated Humidifier integrates perfectly with the XT line of machines from Apex to provided heated, moisturized air for therapy comfort. This is the humidifier with chamber and cord ONLY and does NOT include a CPAP machine.
Cleanable Chamber Design
Design Change Early 2015: The manufacturer updated the chamber design in early 2015, omitting the removable silicone top. The updated version has a metal plate which detaches from the bottom of the chamber. The indention located on the front, right hand side of the water chamber connects to the flat, black disc built-in to the base of the humidifier. The disc will aid the user in extracting the metal plate from the body of the chamber.
The XT Humidifier base is designed to hold an Apex XT machine in a secure stable manner. Rubber feet on the bottom of the base help to keep the humidifier in place on the bed side table. Simply position an Apex XT machine on the humidifier base and plug the jumper cord from the humidifier base into the back of the machine. Next, slide the included chamber onto the humidifier base, connecting it to the machine. A green LED light indicates when the humidifier is turned on. Plug the power cord into the humidifier base and into a wall outlet.
Humidity Temperature Control
The humidifier adjusts the temperature of the humidifier to minimize condensation in the tubing and keep the humidification level constant throughout the night. Set the heat level by adjusting the control knob on the side of the humidifier base. Choose from 6 heat settings to set the desired humidity level. Set the knob to 6 for maximum humidification and 1 for minimum humidification. A setting of 1 does not turn the humidifier off.
Convenient for travel or at home, the heated humidifier accepts 100 - 240v without changing fuses. When traveling internationally, a wall outlet adapter may be required such as World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs.
Compatible XT Machines
This Product Includes...
- Heated Humidifier With Chamber
- Power Cord
Dimensions of Humidifier Base: 10 in x 6.9 in x 1.97 in
Dimensions of Humidifier Chamber: 5.36 in x 5.91in x 4.14 in
Weight of Humidifier Base: 1.32 lb
Weight of Humidifier Chamber (Without Water): 0.55 lb
Water Capacity: Approx 300ml
Weekly Chamber Cleaning Instructions:
- Remove chamber from humidifier base.
- Remove the lid from the chamber using the latch labeled "PULL" located on the back of the chamber.
- Do NOT remove the silicone insert from the lid of the chamber.
- Use a mild detergent and clear running water to wash the chamber and lid.
- Rinse all parts thoroughly using clean water.
- Allow to air dry out of direct sunlight.
- This chamber is NOT intended to be washed in a dishwasher.
Maximum Heater Plate Temperature 158° F
Heated Humidifier Base Manufacturer Warranty: 1 Year
Chamber Manufacturer Warranty: 6 Months
Power Supply: AC100-240v, 50/60Hz, .06-1.2A
Fuse Rating: T2A, 250v
- 41° F - 95° F Temperature
- 15% - 95% Relative Humidity
- 609-768mmHg Atmospheric Pressure
- 5° F - 122° F Temperature
- 10% - 90% Relative Humidity
- 609-768mmHg Atmospheric Pressure
Pressure Drop: 0.2cmH20 @ 60LPM
- Heated Humidifier - 1 Year
- Water Chamber - 6 Months
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: XT Humidifier User Guide.
UPDATED DESIGN Chamber - Removable Bottom Instructions:
Removing the Bottom of the Chamber Using the "Extraction Tool":
The bottom, metal plate comes off the body of the chamber for care and cleaning. Included in the humidifier base is a black, flat, plastic "Extraction Tool" which is used to pry the metal plate off the plastic chamber.
- Hold the chamber with the metal base down, the hose connection facing up and the air port which connects to the machine against your body.
- Hold the black "Extraction Tool" in your right hand with the text and arrow facing up.
- Looking at the front, right hand side of the chamber, locate the very small, pointed triangular tab along the right front curve of the chamber.
- Looking at the extraction tool, locate the words "Match the remark on the chamber and flip the tool" and the small triangular indent on the tool.
- Line up the triangular indent on the tool with the triangular tab.
- When the triangular tab is in the triangular indent on the too, the curved edge of the tool below the tab will fit into the curve of the chamber.
- Push the end of the tool closest to you downward to lever the bottom of the chamber off the body of the chamber.
Maximum Fill Level Tips
- Do not fill the water tank above the maximum fill line. Damage to the humidifier or therapy device may occur. If the water tank is overfilled, water may leak out of the tank inlet (located on the back of the tank) when installing the tank lid.
- Use only room temperature distilled water in the tank. Do not put any chemicals or additives into the water. Possible airway irritation or damage to the water tank may result.
- Remove the tank, empty all water, and replace the empty tank before transporting the humidifier base.
- Do not attempt to fill the water tank while it is inside the humidifier.
- To avoid spilling, do not disconnect the humidifier from the therapy device with water in the tank. Remove the water tank from the humidifier before disconnecting the therapy device.
- Do not turn the humidifier on without the water tank installed. The Humidifier number setting must remain on 0 if there is no water in the water tank.
- The humidifier door must be set in the open position before removing the water tank. Do not remove the water tank without making sure that the humidifier door locks into the open position.
- Do not move the humidifier while the water tank has water in it.
The power is supplied to the humidifier base and shared with the Apex XT machine using the jumper cord going from the humidifier base to the machine. The jumper cord MUST BE IN PLACE between the humidifier and machine and the power cord plugged into the humidifier base in order for the humidifier to receive power and heat up.
This product is the heated humidifier with chamber and cord only. This product does NOT include a machine necessary to deliver therapy pressure. The XT machine must be purchased separately.
Using as a Passover or Cool Humidifier
Want to add moisture to the air stream without using electricity? Turn the power to the humidifier using the switch on the back of the humidifier base and the Apex XT Heated Humidifier as a passover or cool humidifier.
This product comes with a 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the product needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the product describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 10101 Stafford Centre Drive, Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Humidifiers are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the product moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
Have not used this yet. But came in tact with rest of order.
The humidifier easily connects into my Apex XT CPAP machine. The water container is especially easy to remove for cleaning. Everybody at my sister’s house received their C-19 shots (we did too) and we’re headed there to vacation with them. I tried it out for a few nights here at home and it worked great. I like to keep it ready to go and use my regular one at home. Simple knob to adjust humidifier level. Together, my Apex units look like they were designed by a user engineer and not a non-user engineer. Minor con: With the humidifier attached, they both don’t fit in the original carrying case, but the unit still gets 5 stars. :-) more...
The XT Heated Humidifier is an excellent advantage to have for a healthy nights sleep. The warm moist air is beneficial for a comfortable sleep. more...
Absolutely satisfied, from ordering to the time I received the CPAP machine! Great experience, would definitely use this company for any further supplies more...
It was an exact replacement for my old unit. Works perfectly.