The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: XT Machine User Guide.
Compliance Data NOT Stored or Recorded
Please note that the XT Fit does not record compliance data, nor does it have a data card to store any therapy information. The only therapy data available is the total hours used which can be viewed on the machine's display.
Carry Bag Note
Please note that if purchasing the XT Fit machine alone, it will include a slightly smaller carry bag than if purchased with the XT heated humidifier. The smaller bag measures 11 in L x 7 in W x 7 in H while the larger bag measures 13 in L x 7.5 in W x 8 in H.
Filter Compatibility: The XT Series of machines by Apex Medical are packaged with a black, foam filter only. The black, reusable filter should be rinsed weekly using clear, running water. Soap should not be used to clean the filter as it may clog the pores of the filter. Allow the filter to air dry and reinstall it into the back of the machine.
For additional filtration, add the Disposable Fine Filter for Apex XT, ComfortPAP, Puresom, and Zzz-PAP CPAP Machines. The disposable filter must be discarded every 30 days or sooner if it becomes dirty.
Display Backlight Always On
Please note that the display remains illuminated while the machine is plugged in. There is no setting to turn the backlight off.
Time Displayed in Military Format
The time feature on the XT Fit CPAP Machine is displayed in military time. Please Note: This is the only time format given for this machine.
- This device is not intended for life support.
- If oxygen is used with the device, the oxygen flow must be turned off when the device is not in use to avoid the risk of fire or combustion. The device should always be generating airflow when oxygen is being used. Oxygen should be turned off before turning the CPAP device off.
The XT Fit machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- If sending the machine in for warranty consideration, ship only the unit that is malfunctioning, along with the power cord. Do not ship the carrying case or hose
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
- Hose: Replace Every 6 to 12 Months
- Reusable Filter: Replace Every 6 Months
Using Your New XT Fit for the First Time
When your XT Fit first arrives, there is no need to set the therapy pressure, as this was done before we shipped it to you. As you unpack the box, you'll find the hose, power cord, and the XT Fit device along with a few other accessories.
To prepare your XT Fit for the first use, you'll need to follow these instructions.
- Connect the hose to the machine and your mask, ensuring the connections are tight on both.
- Connect the power supply to the power cord and plug it into the appropriate wall outlet and then plug the cord into your machine. Your machine should now be powered on and therapy can begin by pushing the button on top.
Maintaining the Filter
- Remove the dirty filter from the filter enclosure on the back of the machine.
- Wash the filter in warm water with a mild detergent, and rinse with water.
- Allow the filter to air dry completely before reinstalling. DO NOT use a filter that is not completely dry. If the filter is torn, replace it.
- Reinstall the filter.
Cleaning the Hose
- Run a mixture of mild soap and water through your hose. As an alternative, you can use vinegar.
- Rinse with clean water until all suds have been removed.
- Hang the hose over a towel rack to drip dry.