Provent™ Sleep Apnea Therapy 90 Day Pack
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Provent 90 Day Pack Overview
This product has been discontinued. We recommend using BongoRX Starter Kit, as a suitable alternative. The BongoRX uses silicone nose cones to create the pressure needed to open your airway using the cadence of your own breathing, and is very similar to Provent. Each nose cone can be cleaned and lasts for three months.
This is 90 Day Supply of Provent, a unique treatment for Obstructive Sleep Apnea. To read more about Provent and how it works, visit the Provent™ Sleep Apnea Therapy 30 Day Starter Kit product page.
Provent is an alternative treatment for Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA) that is FDA approved. Using a MicroValve placed just inside the nostril or nare and sealed with hypoallergenic adhesive, Provent uses the resistance created by the user to maintain the airway. A mask or machine is not needed to use Provent. The function of Provent is powered by the exhalation.
This is a 90 Day Supply of Provent and is intended as a resupply for people already using Provent Therapy. If Provent will be a new therapy for you, the manufacturer suggests beginning therapy with the Provent™ Sleep Apnea Therapy 30 Day Starter Kit.
A prescription written for "Provent" is required to purchase this product. An existing prescription written for CPAP or BiPAP cannot be used to purchase Provent. You can download a standard Provent prescription form and physician information sheet here: Provent Prescription Form.
This Product Includes...
- 90 - Provent Single Use Pairs
MicroValve Device: 1/4 x 7/16 inch (.6 x 1.1 cm)
Hypoallergenic Adhesive Oval: 1 x 1 3/8 inches (2.5 x 3.5 cm)
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Apply Provent just before going to bed
- Begin with a clean, dry nose free of moisturizers or make up
- Always apply Provent using a mirror
- Using the tab, lift the device off the paper backing
- Align the mesh, non-adhesive, part of the device with the nostril
- Point the tab up, towards the eye
- After positioning, press down on the adhesive all the way around the device
- The adhesive will overlap between the nostrils
- Breathe through your mouth, it will close once you are asleep
- It is recommended to keep water near by during the night
- It is harder to breathe out through Provent and will take time to become accustomed to it.
- If you are uncomfortable during the night, remove the Provent device and try again the next time
- Discard the one-time use Provent devices after sleep and not reuse the devices
To assist in the adjustment process, people new to Provent are encouraged to read the information made available by the manufacturer. Find instructions on how to apply Provent, how to breathe with it and what to expect.
Notes and Tips
- Provent is intended for use by people who can breathe through their nose. Because of the way it functions, people who breathe through their mouth will not receive the benefits of the airway pressure generated by channeling the exhaled air though the valve. If your mouth drops open during sleep consider using a Chinstrap. If you use decongestants continue to use them to maintain free airflow though the nose.
- When awake and wearing Provent, you are encouraged to breathe out through your mouth. You will begin to breathe through the device once you are asleep.
- If you are feeling uncomfortable during the night when using Provent, just take the Provent off and try again the next night.
- It is normal for the Provent adhesive ovals to overlap between the nostrils or nares.
- Excessive nasal hair should be trimmed prior to using Provent to ensure adequate airflow. A mustache may prevent adequate seal around the nare and may require additional trimming.
- Provent is not intended to be used simultaneously with a CPAP. Provent may be used on some nights and CPAP therapy used other nights. Do not use CPAP and Provent at the same time. Use Sleep Apnea therapy on a nightly basis to maintain the benefits of the treatment of Sleep Apnea.
- Some people who use Provent when traveling and CPAP when at home find the adjustment between the two natural. Other users find the adjustment period longer.
- If irritation in or around the nostrils occurs discontinue the use of Provent.
- Provent is not cleared for use in children. Provent is intended for use in adults over the age of 18.
- Clinical studies results for Provent show that 83% of people studied showed a reduction in snoring, and further, that in persons with OSA who snore, 58% found that Provent virtually eliminated snoring. It is recommended that you discuss Provent with your physician to see if it is an option for you.
Note: Provent is NOT recommended in the presence of any of the following conditions:
- Central Sleep Apnea (CSA) or a patient requiring the use of a BiPAP ST
- Severe breathing disorders including respiratory muscle weakness, bullous lung disease, bypassed upper airway, pneumothorax, pneumomediastinum, etc.
- Severe heart disease, including heart failure
- Pathologically low blood pressure
- An acute upper respiratory including nasal, sinus or middle ear inflammation or infection or perforation of the ear drum
- Deviated septum
- Those who require the use of supplemental oxygen
- Pregnant women
PROVENT is a great product for me. I tried the mask route for a few months and could not get much sleep. Heard about PROVENT and decided to give it a try. Works great for me. My wife is happy ???? with the change as well. more...
Terrific customer service. Easy to navigate website.
An excellent alternative to a cpap machine for mild sleep apnea.
Always efficient ordering, product arrives quickly. Very happy to do business with this company. Highly recommend.
These silent & unobtrusive strips have completely resolved my snoring & apnea issues without off-putting the ladies.