Inogen One G3 Portable Oxygen Concentrator with Pulse Dose Flow
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
The Inogen One G3 Portable Oxygen Concentrator is a compact oxygen concentrator designed to provide pulse dose oxygen at home or on the go. The G3 weighs 4.8 lbs, making it great for travel by vehicle or plane. The included standard battery has a max time of 4.5 hours, or upgrade to the extended battery for 9.5 hours of uninterrupted operation.
The G3 Portable Oxygen Concentrator from Inogen is a portable oxygen unit suitable for users with an active lifestyle. Although portable, the Inogen G3 includes an AC power supply to be used at home on a daily basis.
- Compact, Sleek Design
- Approved for Travel
- Intelligent Delivery Technology
- Pulse Dose Flow Settings
- Rechargeable Battery Power
Compact, Sleek Design
Weighing in at 4.8 lbs and measuring 8.75 inches long, 3.0 inches wide, and 8.25 inches high, the concentrator is easily portable and can be taken along for daily activities or while traveling. The included carry bag is specifically designed for the device and offers a shoulder strap to increase usability.
Approved for Travel
The G3 device is approved for travel. Inogen's oxygen therapy is safe for use in the car, on trains, on boats, and aboard planes. When traveling, it is recommended to carry one or two battery cells to ensure the device can be run without electrical power. A DC adapter is included to power the G3 where DC power is avaialble.
The G3 Portable Oxygen Concentrator is FAA approved for airplane use. Notify the airline in advance if a power port is needed during the flight.
Intelligent Delivery Technology
The G3 features Intelligent Delivery technology, which detects shallow breaths and is equipped to counter the dip in breaths per minute by increasing the flow of oxygen. In addition to increasing oxygen flow when needed, particularly during sleep, the Inogen G3 transmits oxygen to the user within the first 400 milliseconds of inhalation. The goal is to provide the user with the greatest amount of oxygen at the most optimal time.
Pulse Dose Flow Settings
The G3 concentrator offers Pulse Dose technology, which streams oxygen rich air to the user during inhalation only. Pulse dose oxygen allows the cocentrator to operate more effeciently, allowing for longer battery run times opposed to continuous flow.
Rechargeable Battery Power
The G3 uses a lithium ion rechargeable battery. If fully depleted, it may take up to 4 hours to recharge a singular battery completely, and it may take up to 8 hours to recharge an extended battery. However, the battery can be charged before it is empty.
Charging Options Include:
- Plug the AC Power Supply for Inogen One G3 Portable Oxygen Concentrator into an AC outlet and into the concentrator. The power supply is designed to charge the concentrator's battery, even if the concentrator is in use while connected to AC power.
- Charge both a singular battery cell or an extended battery by connecting the battery cell to the External Battery Charger with Power Supply for Inogen One G3 Portable Oxygen Concentrator.
- Charge the battery from the car by attaching the oxygen device to the cigarette lighter with the DC Power Cable for Inogen G3 Portable Oxygen Concentrator.
This Product Includes...
- Inogen One G3 Concentrator
- DC Power Cord
- AC Power Supply and Cord
- 1 - Nasal Cannula
- User Manual
- Carry Bag
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: InogenOne Concentrator.
Oxygen Safety Tips
While oxygen itself is safe, it is flammable, and exposing the concentrator to an open flame or certain heat sources may cause danger. Use Caution.
- Avoid the following: matches, cigarettes, cigarette lighters, and candles.
- All body creams and lotions need to be water based instead of petroleum based.
- Always show caution when the device is near electronic or gas heaters, as well as ovens and stoves.
- As a best practice, the manufacturer suggests maintaining a 5 foot distance from any of the listed heat sources.
Car Safety Tips
Follow these guidelines If the concentrator is in the car:
- Only use the oxygen device when the vehicle is running.
- Start the car prior to turning on or charging the oxygen concentrator.
- Do not leave the the G3 unit in the vehicle.
- Do not use the concentrator while it is stored in the trunk of a car.
Additional Safety Tips
- Device inlets and outlets should never be blocked. The manufacturer recommends their carrying case as the mesh material is designed for complete visibility.
- If the unit has been placed in a cold environment, allow time for the device to warm up before it is used.
- The G3 unit is never intended to get wet. If cleaning the device, use a damp cloth to wipe down the unit.
Tips to Set Up the Inogen One G3 Portable Oxygen Concentrator
- Locate a flat surface near an outlet to unpack the contents of the package.
- Remove the Inogen One G3 from the black carry bag.
- Turn the device to the back to view the particle filters at the bottom of the unit. The grey filters must be in place before the concentrator is used.
- Gently place the G3 back in the black carry bag. Ensure the air intake and exhaust vents are visible through the mesh material.
- Before closing the bag, connect a rechargeable battery to the base of the concentrator.
- Zip up the bag to fully enclose the device.
- Grab the power supply from the package and test the power cord to make sure the pieces are firmly fastened.
- Place the power supply into the nearest AC electrical outlet and secure the power outlet plug into the circular opening at the top of the G3 unit.
- Press and hold the Power On/Off button until a sound is heard or until the backlight of the display appears.
Battery Charging Tips
The Inogen One G3 portable concentrator uses a lithium ion rechargeable battery. The battery can be charged before it is fully depleted. If empty, it may take up to 4 hours to fully charge the battery.
The battery can be charged from both an AC power outlet or a DC cable. Also, the battery is designed to receive a charge when the G3 is being charged, as long as it is connected to the device.
Is the Battery Charge Visible?
The percent of charge remaining is visible on the display screen. As the charge begins to deplete, prepare to recharge the battery or switch out the empty battery for a new battery cell.
Cannula Tube Tips
How Does it Connect? First, remove the cannula cord from the plastic bag. Then, connect the base of the tube to the metal tap located at the top of the unit.
How Do I Position the Cannula Tube? Place the cannula on the face with the prongs directing upward. Push the prongs gently into the left and right nostril. Pull the sides of the tube over each ear to stabilize the fit against the face.
The flow setting and delivery mode must be prescribed by the physician. If a different flow setting is needed, the device has triangular buttons marked with a + and - symbol, which can be used to increase or decrease the liters per minute.
Filter Replacement Tips
The two filters placed on the back of the concentrator are intended to work for the life of the device. However, if one or both of the filters become damaged at any time, they must be replaced. Find the replacements here.