"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERA few nights to get comfortable, but best mask I have owned."
February 23, 2017
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERFor you mouth breathers this is the mask for you. I have 5 other masks and 1 nassel and this is the most comfortable and no leaks."
March 3, 2018
Respironics' Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack is a less invasive full face mask constructed to seal under the nose and around the mouth. The traditional forehead support has been eliminated from the design to provide comfort. Enjoy a wide open view, read a book, or watch television while wearing the Amara View. All cushion sizes are included with the Fit Pack to help the user obtain the optimal fit.
Manufactured by Philips Respironics.
5% of Full Face Mask product buyers choose this product.
The Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear - Fit Pack from Philips Respironics is an original design which uses a rectangular opening in the nasal cushion to deliver therapy air through the nose. The mask sits below the nostrils to yield an open view, and the headgear works in tandem with the mask to create a seal below the nostrils and mouth, eliminating the need for the traditional forehead support.
- Open View Design
- Original Nasal Cushion
- Short Tube with Elbow and Swivel
- Universal Mask Frame & All Cushion Sizes Included
- Adjustable Headgear with Quick Release Clips
Open View Design
The Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask is supported by headgear which extends from the front of the mask frame to the crown of the head. Headgear adjustments can be made to ensure the mask has a strong seal under the nostrils and around the mouth. With the mask properly positioned, the forehead support is no longer needed. The minimal contact design offers a wide range of visibility, making it easier to watch television and to read before bed. Those who suffer from claustrophobia may find comfort in the Amara View.
Original Nasal Cushion
A rectangular opening found at the top of the full face cushion, is intended to deliver the necessary pressure without irritating the nostrils. Gently glide the nostril opening under the nose to find the intended fit. Please Note: The user must keep their nose above the hole to prevent CPAP therapy from being impaired.
Short Tube with Elbow and Swivel
Respironics' short tube for Amara View Full Face Mask extends from the mask frame and connects to the cuff of the CPAP hose. The built-in elbow attaches to the mask frame, while the swivel connects to the user's CPAP hose cuff. The swivel's 360 degree motion lessens the pull on the CPAP hose and increases flexibility and mobility, which may result in a stronger seal throughout the night.
Universal Mask Frame & All Cushion Sizes Included
The Amara View mask frame offers a universal fit for all cushion sizes including: Small, Medium, and Large. Since the Fit Pack offers all three cushion sizes, it is easy to attach each cushion to the frame in order to find the perfect fit. This feature is convenient, allowing cushions to be tested and replaced without the purchase of a new mask system. When a replacement cushion is needed, select the exact cushion and replace.
Adjustable Headgear with Quick Release Clips
The Amara View mask features an unique headgear design with five adjustment points. Four adjustment points are found around the mask frame. The crown strap which crosses directly over the top of the head to form a halo shape has the additional adjustment point. This design is intended to promote a more secure grip and a more even distribution of pressure.
Waking in the middle of the night can be frustrating, but quick release headgear clips are constructed to maintain the shape of the headgear throughout sleep therapy, even when the mask is removed. With one swift motion, the clips are used to rapidly attach and detach the Amara View CPAP mask.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- Small, Medium, and Large Cushions
- Short Tube
Materials Components of the Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
- Lower Strap: 7.5 in L x 0.75 in W excluding quick release tabs
- Upper Strap: 6.25 in L x 0.5 in W excluding quick release tabs
- Crown Strap: 8 in L x 0.75 in W excluding quick release tabs
- Center Band: 2 in L x 5 in W
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
Steps to Adjust the Amara View Full Face Mask
- Before putting on the mask, loosen the headgear straps and remove the headgear clips from the mask frame.
- Lift the mask and headgear over the head. Then, secure the mask under the nose by skimming your nose over the nostril opening.
- Hold the mask in position against your face to ensure a good fit.
- While holding the mask, re-attach the headgear clips to the front of the mask frame.
- Continue to hold the mask near your face, while pulling each individual headgear tab to tighten the straps.
- Release your hands from the mask and make subtle adjustments where they are needed.
Please Note: The user's nose must glide over the opening. Do not let the nose fall into the opening.
How do I find the size?
Hold the mask with the headgear facing away from you. The exhalation ports located on the front of the cushion need to be placed at the top of the mask. With the mask correctly positioned in hand, turn the mask upside down to view the bottom of the mask frame and cushion. A black letter is embossed on the cushion to indicate the size.
The Amara View full face cushion is replaceable.
The nasal and mouth openings vary depending on size, please use the Amara View Sizing Guide to help determine the correct mask size.
Fold along the dotted line and cut out the gauge. Place your nose above the designated nose indention, allowing your nose to move over the paper. The correct size is determined by the box your nose travels into comfortably.
Larger Headgear Available
Please Note: Regardless of the cushion size, the Amara View Full Face Mask comes packaged with the standard size headgear. Though the replacement headgear is offered in both the standard size and size Large, if change is desired.
PR System One Resistance Control
If using a PR System One Machine, a system one resistance control number from Respironics can be set to allow the machine to compensate for different mask types. The resistance control number for the Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask is X1. Please Note: System One Resistance Control is for System One Machines only.
Anti-Asphyxia Valve Functionality
Follow these steps to verify the anti-asphyxia valve is working properly. Safe CPAP therapy is dependent on the functionality of the valve.
- The elbow with the flapper should be lying flat when the air is turned off. This allows the air circulating in the room to flow in and out of the elbow through the air inlet.
- When air is turned on, watch to ensure the flapper covers the air inlet. This allows air from the CPAP to flow into the mask.
- If it appears the anti-asphyxia valve is not functioning properly, replace the mask.
The Amara View may not be appropriate for all users. Those suffering from the following symptoms may not experience optimal results:
- Recent eye surgery
- Dry eyes
- Hiatal hernia
- Excessive reflux
- Impaired cough reflex
- Marred cardiac sphincter function
- Those unable to remove the mask without aid
Mask & Headgear Cleaning Tips
It is recommended to wash the mask each day and to wash the headgear once a week. Use mild shampoo and warm water to clean both pieces thoroughly. Then, place the mask and headgear away from sunlight to air dry.
Don't have time to wash your mask each day? Use a mask wipe or spray cleaner to safely and efficiently remove oil and dirt. Visit the CPAP Cleaning Accessories page to view the many different options here.
Assembly and Disassembly Tips
- Grasp and rotate the headgear clips to release them from the lower half of the mask frame.
- Pull the hook and loop tabs apart to loosen the headgear straps.
- Turn the mask away from you with the elbow facing outward. Grip the mask cushion from the top with one hand, while holding the mask steady with the other hand. Pull the cushion toward you which will cause it to disconnect from the mask frame. Please Note: Do not grip the nostril opening to pull the mask cushion away from the frame.
- Place your fingers around the small, quick release tabs located on either side of the hose cuff.
- To reassemble the headgear, pull the two, upper straps through the spaces in the mask frame. Take the lower two straps and attach them to the headgear clips. Then, place the headgear clips over the lower latches on the front of the mask frame. Gently push the clips onto the frame until they click onto the frame.
- Before placing the full face cushion onto the mask frame, locate the small, exhalation ports. Make sure the ports are at the top of the full face cushion. Next, turn the full face cushion away from you so the face of the full face cushion fits inside the mask frame. Secure the opening of the full face cushion around the center of mask frame and push the parts together.
- Grasp the tubing by hose cuff. With your fingers pressing the quick release clips open, slide the hose cuff over the elbow.