Have a question? Call us!
Sat 8AM-5PM CST
Complex Sleep Apnea can occur when a person's breathing does not improve despite exposure to CPAP therapy. The ResMed VPAP Adapt SV(Adaptive Servo Ventilation) delivers optimal therapy for complicated sleep-disordered breathing cases like Central Sleep Apnea and Cheyne-Stokes respiration.
Manufactured by ResMed.
Adaptive Servo Ventilation (Adapt SV) Algorithm
The VPAP Adapt SV uses an algorithm to assure that each breath is properly ventilated. The algorithm monitors three key factors to ensure synchronization between CPAP pressure support and the patient's breathing.
- The patients own recent average respiration rate
- Changes in patient airflow
- Backup respiratory rate
Complex Sleep Apnea Detection and Response
The VPAP Adapt SV is designed to identify and respond to symptoms beyond classic OSA parameters. Detection is expanded to include data on Periodic Breathing and Respiratory Effort-Related Arousals (RERAs). This device can monitor the breathing cycle and deliver comfortable pressures proactively for patients with complex events such as:
- Restrictive disorders (kyphosis or fibrosis)
- Periodic breathing such as Cheyne-Stokes Respiration (CSR)
- Obstructed airway apnea
- Obesity with hypo-ventilation
- Complex SDB
- COPD and OSA
- Neuro-muscular disorders and SDB
RERAs differ from a hypopnea or snoring event in that a RERA shows increased respiratory effort with each breath, culminating in a shift in brain wave activity and not necessarily a result of obstruction. Periodic breathing conditions such as Cheyne-Stokes respiration (CSR) and Central Apneas are advanced forms of Central Apnea and are identifiably different from Obstructed Apnea or snoring events.
Advanced Back-Up Rate
Complex Sleep Apnea is a form of Central Apnea that occurs as a result of CPAP therapy. In treating such users, care must be taken not to over or under-ventilate while still allowing for natural pauses in breathing. The advanced backup rate for the VPAP Adapt SV accounts for the user's spontaneous breathing. This system will automatically calculate the backup rate based on a natural respiratory rate.
This Product Includes...
- VPAP Adapt SV Bilevel Machine
- 6ft Tubing with Pressure Line
- Power Cord
- Patient Manual
- Carrying Case
- Reusable Foam Filter
Product SpecificationsDimensions (H x W x D) 5.6" x 9.8" x 11.5" (142 mm x 248 mm x 293 mm)
Weight Flow generator with cover: 8.14 lbs (3.7 kg)
Weight with Humidifier with HumidAire 2i (empty): 9.24 lbs (4.2 kg)
Operating temperature 41ºF to 95ºF (+5ºC to +35ºC)
Storage and transport temperature -4ºF to +140ºF (-20ºC to +60ºC)
Housing construction Injection moulded plastic
Air tubing 1 x 6’6" (2 m)
Air filter Synthetic fiber
Patient connection port 22 mm taper
AC Power supply AC Input range: 110–120V and 220–240V; 50–60Hz; 60VA
DC Power supply DC Input range (if using DC Converter: 12–13.8V DC)
Performance Operating pressure range: 4–25 cm H2O
Sound pressure level <30 dBA (tested in accordance with the requirements of ISO 17510-1)
Battery type Lithium 34
Max Exposure Heat for Machine Machine should not be exposed to heat greater than 140 degrees Fahrenheit
- High maximum mask pressure alarm Stops air delivery at 30 cm H2O >700 msec.
- High mean mask pressure alarm Stops air delivery when mean mask pressure exceeds 22 cm H2O (averaged over approx 1 minute).
- Low mask pressure alarm Mask pressure is less than 3 cm H2O for longer than 5 seconds while the patient is using the VPAP Adapt SV.
- Insufficient pressure support alarm Is triggered if for 3 breaths in a row the maximum mask pressure achieved at inspiratory to expiratory transition is either <87.5% of the absolute mask pressure targeted at that point, or < absolute mask pressure targeted minus 1 cm H2O, whichever is the lower.
- High leak alarm Leak exceeds 30 L/min for more than 20 seconds.
- Flow blocked alarm Flow is less than 6 L/min for more than 20 seconds
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- Some product images supplied by ResMed © ResMed 2010 Used with Permission.
- ResMed products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 10101 Stafford Centre Drive, Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.