"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERI am very satisfied with this new mask. I don't wake up with any pain on the bridge of my nose or any air leaks. I'm very happy with it"
July 25, 2017
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERThis being the second mask I tried (the first full face hurt my nose) is perfect for me! Great seal and so comfortably! I would highly recommend this!!"
March 24, 2017
Manufactured by Philips Respironics.
3% of Full Face Mask product buyers choose this product.
Philips Respironics' Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear opens the line of visibility during sleep therapy by omitting the traditional forehead support. The compact, full face mask is designed to seal around the mouth and nostrils with the help of an innovative nostril opening. The mask is secured by positioning the nasal opening under the nose and adjusting the headgear to a comfortable fit.
- Open Vision Design
- Under the Nose Cushion
- Lightweight Materials
- Universal Size Mask Frame
- Adjustable Headgear with Crown Strap
- Short Tube with Elbow and Swivel
- Quick Release Headgear Clips
Open Vision Design
This design offers a wide range of visibility. This full face mask is controlled by the strong seal created around the base of the nose and mouth, with additional support provided by headgear extending from the front of the mask to the crown of the head. Unlike other full face masks, it does not need a forehead support to steady the mask.
Under the Nose Cushion
A rectangular hole is found at the top of the full face cushion. This nostril opening is intended to allow the necessary pressure into the nostrils without irritating the nose. Gently glide your nose over the nostril opening to find the intended fit. Please Note: The user must keep their nose above the nostril opening, not letting it fall through the crevice. CPAP therapy is impaired when the nose is not securely placed over the opening.
Furthering the minimalistic design, the Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear is composed of lightweight materials. The soft, silicone full face cushion snaps into a lightweight frame, which covers only the nostrils and mouth. The frame and full face cushion do not extend past the base of the nose, relieving the user from bearing the weight of the mask on the bridge of their nose. Instead, the headgear evenly displaces the weight of the mask to help lower the number of pressure points. The headgear should fit comfortably, be careful not to over-tighten.
Universal Size Mask Frame
The Amara View Full Face Mask features a universal mask frame. This is a convenience feature which allows the user to easily replace the compatible cushions when needed. The Amara View Full Face cushions in size small, medium, and large are compatible with this mask frame. If the time has come to replace your cushion, make the selection without re-purchasing the entire mask. Simply find the Amara View full face cushion, select the correct size, and replace.
Adjustable Headgear with Crown Strap
The Amara View Full Face mask features a innovative headgear with four points of adjustment around the mask frame and a fifth point of adjustment using a crown strap at the top of the head. The crown strap crosses directly over the top of the head, creating a halo shape around the back of the user's head. The number of adjustment options creates a design that helps promote a more secure grip and even distribution of pressure. All Amara View masks are accompanied by the standard size headgear. A larger headgear option can be purchased, here.
Short Tube with Elbow and Swivel
Respironics designed a short tube for the Amara View Full Face Mask. The tube extends from the front of the mask frame and connects to the cuff of the CPAP hose. Attach the built-in elbow to the mask frame and secure the swivel to the cuff of the CPAP hose. The flexible tubing moves freely with the motion of the user, giving the user more mobility. The 360 degree motion provided by the swivel causes less of a pull on the CPAP hose and increases the user's chance of maintaining a strong seal throughout the night.
Quick Release Headgear Clips
Waking up in the middle of the night can be difficult. With quick release headgear clips, simply rotate and lift the clips to swiftly remove the mask from your face. The headgear is designed to maintain its shape while the clips are detached, so re-applying the headgear might be accomplished with ease.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- Mask in Selected Size
Materials Components of the Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask with Headgear
- Lower Strap: 7.5 in L x 0.75 in W excluding quick release tabs
- Upper Strap: 6.25 in L x 0.5 in W excluding quick release tabs
- Crown Strap: 8 in L x 0.75 in W excluding quick release tabs
- Center Band: 2 in L x 5 in W
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
How to Put on the Amara View Mask?
Before placing the mask over your face, loosen the headgear straps and remove the headgear clips from the mask frame. Lift the mask and headgear over your head. Then, secure the mask under your nose by skimming your nose over the nostril opening. Hold the mask in position against your face to ensure a good fit. While holding the mask to your face, re-attach the headgear clips to the front of the mask frame. Continue to hold the mask near your face, while pulling each individual headgear tab to tighten the straps. Release your hands from the mask and make subtle adjustments where they are needed.
Please Note: Do not allow your nose to fall into the opening, but rather let your nose glide over the opening.
How do I find the size?
Hold the mask with the headgear facing away from you. The exhalation ports located on the front of the cushion need to be placed at the top of the mask. With the mask correctly positioned in hand, turn the mask upside down to view the bottom of the mask frame and cushion. A black letter is embossed on the cushion to indicate the size.
The Amara View full face cushion is replaceable.
How to Fit the Amara View Mask?
The nasal and mouth openings vary depending on size, please use the Amara View Sizing Guide to help determine the correct mask size.
Fold along the dotted line and cut out the gauge. Place your nose above the designated nose indention, allowing your nose to move over the paper. The correct size is determined by the box your nose travels into comfortably.
Larger Headgear Available
Please Note: Regardless of the cushion size, the Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask is packaged with the standard size headgear. The replacement headgear is also offered in size Large if a change is desired.
System One Resistance Control Tips
If using a Respironics System One machine, a system one resistance control number from Respironics can be set to allow the machine to compensate for different mask types. The resistance control number for the Amara View Full Face CPAP Mask is X1. Please Note: System One Resistance Control is for System One Machines only.
Anti-Asphyxia Valve Functionality
Follow these steps to verify the anti-asphyxia valve is working properly. Safe CPAP therapy is dependent on the functionality of the valve.
- The elbow with the flapper should be lying flat when the air is turned off. This allows the air circulating in the room to flow in and out of the elbow through the air inlet.
- When air is turned on, watch to ensure the flapper covers the air inlet. This allows air from the CPAP to flow into the mask.
- If it appears the anti-asphyxia valve is not functioning properly, replace the mask.
The Amara View may not be appropriate for all users. Those suffering from the following symptoms may not experience optimal results:
- Recent eye surgery
- Dry eyes
- Hiatal hernia
- Excessive reflux
- Impaired cough reflex
- Marred cardiac sphincter function
- Those unable to remove the mask without aid
It is recommended to wash the mask each day. Use mild shampoo and warm water to clean the mask thoroughly. Then, place the mask away from sunlight to air dry.
Headgear should be washed once a week. Use mild shampoo and warm water to cleanse the gear. Then, let it air dry away from the sun.
Don't have time to wash your mask each day? Use a mask wipe or spray cleaner to safely and efficiently remove oil and dirt. Visit the CPAP Cleaning Accessories page to view the many different options here.
Assembly and Disassembly Tips
- Grasp and rotate the headgear clips to release them from the lower half of the mask frame.
- Pull the hook and loop tabs apart to loosen the headgear straps.
- Turn the mask away from you with the elbow facing outward. Grip the mask cushion from the top with one hand, while holding the mask steady with the other hand. Pull the cushion toward you which will cause it to disconnect from the mask frame. Please Note: Do not grip the nostril opening to pull the mask cushion away from the frame.
- Place your fingers around the small, quick release tabs located on either side of the hose cuff.
- To reassemble the headgear, pull the two, upper straps through the spaces in the mask frame. Take the lower two straps and attach them to the headgear clips. Then, place the headgear clips over the lower latches on the front of the mask frame. Gently push the clips onto the frame until they click onto the frame.
- Before placing the full face cushion onto the mask frame, locate the small, exhalation ports. Make sure the ports are at the top of the full face cushion. Next, turn the full face cushion away from you so the face of the full face cushion fits inside the mask frame. Secure the opening of the full face cushion around the center of mask frame and push the parts together.
- Grasp the tubing by hose cuff. With your fingers pressing the quick release clips open, slide the hose cuff over the elbow.