TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Improved Stability Mouthpiece
The TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask with Improved Stability Mouthpiece is the proactive result of Airway Management listening to customer feedback. The redesigned stability mouthpiece is lighter and thinner with the same great mold-able feature to fit each individual user. The unique design of this nasal pillow mask provides a stable fit without a headgear to avoid facial marks and headgear hair.
Acting on user feedback, Airway Management offers the second generation of the very popular TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask. The ThermAcryl™ mold-able mouthpiece is thinner and lighter weight to offer a more comfortable fit without sacrificing stability. It is packaged with three sizes of nasal pillows allowing the user to select the best size when customizing the fit and seal.
Customizing the TAP PAP
The molded mouthpiece of the TAP PAP is used to hold the position and seal of the nasal pillows. A headgear is not required to use the TAP PAP.
- The Improved Mouthpiece for TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask is softened in hot water and fit to the user's mouth and dental structure.
- Select size Small, Medium or Large nasal pillow seal.
- After molding, attach the ThermAcryl™ mouthpiece to the mask frame.
- Insert the molded mouthpiece and adjust the alignment of the nasal pillows and mouthpiece.
The TAP PAP with Improved Stability Mouthpiece includes detailed step by step instructions for fit and use. For more information on this product, review the Important Tips Tab and product videos.
- Improved Mold-able Mouthpiece
- Adjustable Mask Frame
- Quiet Operation
- Rotating Hose Connection
- Hose Quick Disconnect
Improved Stability Mouthpiece
The unique mouthpiece is the secret to the stability and design of the TAP PAP, it's the reason this nasal pillow mask can be used without a headgear. It is made of the unique ThermAcryl™ material, a thin soft polymer. The second generation is lighter and more comfortable than the original design.
After soaking in boiled water the mouthpiece softens and becomes mold-able, allowing it to be easily and comfortably set to a precise mold of the teeth. The mouthpiece will fit snugly around the teeth. If the mouthpiece feels tight after going through the molding process, hold it under warm to hot running water. Re-insert the mouthpiece and move it slightly from side to side in the mouth. This will loosen the mouthpiece around the teeth.
Mask Replacement Schedule
If well-cared for, the mouthpiece has been known to last for 6 months or longer. The pillows and other mask parts follow a normal replacement schedule. The pillows will be good for 3 to 6 months, and the mask frame will be good for 6 months to a year.
The TAP PAP frame is adjusted using the nut and bolt joint. Set the angle and depth of the nasal pillows and the mouthpiece alignment for optimum fit and seal. Once set, there should be little need for ongoing adjustments. Set the nut and bolt to accommodate either left and right hand users.
Exhalation Port Design
Quiet is important in a sleeping environment. The positioning of the holes on the mask frame of TAP PAP distribute air evenly and quietly. This helps to reduce disturbances to the user or bed partner.
Rotating Hose Connection
The short tube of the TAP PAP ends in a rotating ball and socket joint. The two piece joint allows for movement during sleep without disturbing the mask seal and extends a high degree of flexibility.
For a quick and easy release of the mask and long hose just flex the connection between the joint and short hose and it will separate smoothly. Snap back into place when ready to resume therapy.
Although not required for use, the TAP PAP does offer an optional headgear. A loop at the top of the headgear strap can be used to keep the mask short tube in place during sleep. The headgear is not included with this item.
NOTE: This is delivery device only and does not include a machine to deliver the air pressure.
NOTE: This mask has some dental requirements. Please see the notes listed on the "Important Tips" page.
This Product Includes...
- Mask Frame Assembly
- 3 - Sets Nasal Pillow (S, M, L)
- Short Tube
- Instruction Booklet
Short Tube Length - Excluding Swivel and Cuffs: Approx. 8.5 Inches
Warranty: 90 days
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Please, use caution while using hot water to heat the mouthpiece for fitting.
This is the TAP PAP mask frame, mouthpiece, short tube and three sets of nasal pillows. This product DOES NOT include the headgear. The headgear is not required to use the TAP PAP mask.
Where do I find the size?
The mask frame does not have an identifiable size because it offers a universal fit to each of the TAP PAP nasal pillows.
The size of the nasal pillow is found by removing the pillow from the mask frame. Hold the nasal pillow with the small opening facing upward. Look near the bottom of the pillow to locate the words, "S M A L L," "M E D I U M," or "L A R G E," which are embossed on the base ring. The size can be found on either nasal pillow.
Fitting and Adjusting the TAP PAP:
- TAP PAP Fitting Guide Document - Click to view.
- New to wearing a mouthpiece? Adjusting to a mouthpiece may take a few days. Allow time to become accustomed to it.
- Mouthpiece feeling tight? The TAP PAP mouthpiece should be a comfortably snug fit. To loosen the fit of the mouthpiece, hold the mouthpiece under hot tap water for 15 seconds and re-insert. Rather than sucking against the mouthpiece, gently bite on it for approximately 4 minutes. The fit will loosen around the teeth.
- Need the mouthpiece wider or narrower? Hold the mouthpiece under warm water and spread or narrow the spacing.
- Pillows position not quite right? Adjust the aignment of the nasal pillows and mouthpiece using the bolt and screw.
- Leaks around the nasal pillows? Fit the mask while under pressure with the air flowing from the machine. Move the mask away from your nose as much as you can without it leaking. Because the stability mouthpiece of the TAP PAP keeps the pillows in place you will find it can be tightened less than a regular mask and still seal. Rotation of the seals to achieve a good seal or change nasal pillow sizes.
- Mouthpiece fit do over? To completely remold the mouthpiece, repeat the boiled water steps.
Care of the TAP PAP:
- The TAP PAP should be rinsed with cold water after each use. Allow it to dry out of direct sunlight.
- Each week the nasal pillows and mask components should be washed in lukewarm water with mild soap. The manufacturer suggests using a soft toothbrush to scrub the mouthpiece. Rinse completely and allow to air dry out of direct sunlight.
- If the TAP PAP headgear is used it should be hand washed each week. Use a mild soap, rinse it well and allow to dry out of direct sunlight.
- DO NOT wash any of the mask parts or the headgear in a washing machine or dishwasher. Use only mild soap that does not contain moisturizer, antibacterial agents, alcohol or bleach.
This Product is Not Recommended For:
- People who have 1 or 2 upper teeth that are positioned more forward than the rest of the upper teeth (1 or 2 upper teeth that stick out)
- People who do not have at least 8 original, permanent teeth on the upper jaw
- People who have removable dentures
- People who have dental implants
- People who have loose crowns or fillings or broken or soft teeth
- People who have permanent bridges installed on the upper teeth
SnuggleCover for Short Tubes: The SnuggleHose Cover for Short Mask Tubes will fit the short tube of the TAP PAP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask.
I've been on CPAP for about 20 years. Every time I find a great mask it gets discontinued and more...
I have tried several times by following the directions to make the mouth piece fit. I cannot and I am more...
The first night I used it it constantly leaked, so I used one of those jaw straps with it and more...
There is limited range of motion and resizing available for this mask. Neither my husband nor myself were able to more...
1 person found this helpful.
Love the TAP PAP! No straps, no slippage. For me, by far the best alternative!
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesMask TypeNasal PillowNasal PillowNasal PillowHeadgear IncludedNoYesYes
Mask FeaturesReplaceable CushionYesYesYesHeadgear Quick-ClipsNoNoYesGel CushionNoNoNoForehead SupportNoNoNoMask Cushion TypeSiliconeSiliconeSiliconeFree Return InsuranceYesYesYes
SizeMultiple Sizes IncludedYesYesYesSmall FaceYesNoYesWide FaceYesNoYes
Lifestyle NeedsActive SleeperYesYesYesMouth BreatherNoNoNoTV FriendlyYesYesYesClaustrophobicYesYesYesDesigned For HerNoNoNoFacial HairYesYesYes