Transcend Portable Solar Charger
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
The Transcend CPAP goes camping too! Active users of Sleep Therapy will appreciate the Transcend Portable Solar Charger. The small and lightweight Transcend Travel CPAP Machine is even more versitile with the addition of this small and lightweight solar panel. Charge the Transcend Battery during the day to be ready for use that night. Perfect for extended power outages.
This very portable Solar Panel Charger is for use with the Transcend Overnight Battery and Transcend Multi-Night Battery. Easy to use, there are no extra cords or cables needed, the Transcend Battery plugs directly into the panel for charging. The batteries are used exclusively with the:
- Transcend Travel CPAP Machine
- Transcend EZEX Travel CPAP Machine
- Transcend Auto Travel CPAP Machine with EZEX
Made of paper thin, military grade "Power Film", the solar panel is stored folded and ready for use. Just open, lay out flat and connect the battery to the solar panel charger. In direct sun and ideal conditions, the OverNight Battery is fully charged in 6 hours and the MulitNight Battery is fully charged in 12 hours. A green LED indicates the battery is fully charged taking the guesswork out of the process. The solar panel is water resistant and the only maintenance needed is to wipe clean with a damp cloth and allow to air dry.
The folded panel weighs just 1 lb and measures 10.5 x 3.5 x 2 inches. When open and flat, the panel measures 30 x 21 inches. The panel closes with Velcro for storage.
PowerFilm has been making solar panels since 1988, and this one was developed specifically for charging the Transcend Battery. Charge the battery while camping, hiking, or during an extended power outage.
Please note: The Foldable Solar Panel is for use only with the Transcend Batteries and is not compatible for charging other devices.
This Product Includes...
Folded Dimensions 10.5" x 3.5" x 2"
Open, Flat Dimensions 30" x 21"
Weight 1.05 lb
Storage Temperature Range -4 to 140ºF (-20º to 60ºC)
Operating Temperature Range 32 to 113ºF (0º to 45ºC)
Material Military grade PowerFilm (amorphous silicone photovoltaics on a thin plastic substrate)
Warranty 1 year
Power Output Warranty 80% of Minimum Rated Power for 3 year
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Solar Panel Use
- Unfold panel to maximum size
- Place in direct sunlight
- Attach the battery to the solar panel
- Only the LED light on the solar panel will turn on. The battery LED light will not turn on. Outside in sunlight, the LED light should be "shaded" from bright sunlight in order to see whether or not it is lit.
- Solid red LED = Charging
- Solid green LED = Fully Charged
- Protect the battery from extreme temperatures. Place the battery and the charging port (black box) under a cloth or cover.
- The solar panel is water resistant. The battery is not and steps must be taken to keep it dry.
- After use, wipe the solar panel dry and remove debris. Clean and dry the charging port after each use.
- Do not fold and store the solar panel when it is damp - allow to dry first.
Important Compatibility Note
The Foldable Solar Panel Charger for Transcend CPAP Machine is for use only with the Transcend Batteries. It is not intended to be used to charge any other devices. Charging of a device other than the Transcend Batteries is consider off-label use and not covered by product warranties.
- Charge Time: The charge times for the OverNight and MultiNight batteries are based on being direct sunlight with no cloud cover. Charge time will be longer if there are overcast conditions present. The battery will charge up to 5 times faster on a fully sunny day than on a cloudy day.
- Charge Location: The solar panel must be charged outside, in direct sunlight. It cannot be charged by laying it in a window that is getting sunlight as the sunlight is filtered.
- Charge Indicator Lights: Only the solar panel LED will light up. The battery LED will NOT light up. The LED charge light must be GREEN to indicate it is fully charged. If the LED light is showing RED, ORANGE or YELLOW, more charge time is required to reach a full charge and provide the maximum amount of run time.
- Extreme Temperature: The battery and charge port should not exceed 113 degrees. The charge port has a cut off circuit built in to shut off charging to allow the unit to cool down. After it is cooled the unit will begin to charge again. Charge time will be extended in this circumstance. Extreme heat will affect performance of the battery.
- Charging Port Maintenance: The charging port is the small black box on the panel where the battery connects to the solar panel. A port that is dirty or corroded will not charge as intended. Clean the port regularly to ensure it is clean. Also if the solar panel and battery get wet, dry the port well before storing.
- Product Revision Information: The solar charger went through a revision which is reflected in the part number on the product label. 103333 Rev. A = Charge light is dim which may require shading it from sunlight to see that it is lit. 103333 Rev. B = Charge light is brighter but may still need to be shaded from sunlight to see it.
This solar panel comes with a 1 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the panel needs to be assessed. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the panel to us
- Include a note with the panel describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective panel to CPAP.com at 10101 Stafford Centre Drive, Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as a battery, cords, Transcend CPAP or bag
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the panel moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by misuse of the panel such as folding or creasing the solar panels.
I bought to use in remote areas when camping. On a 100+ degree full sun day charging for 12 hours it put out enough charge to charge a battery for 4 hours use. Have not bothered to use since more...
2 people found this helpful.
I placed photo blanket w battery in west Texas sun for 2 days and it did not fully charge my multinight battery more...
10 people found this helpful.
I bought the Transcend II with the multi-night battery and this charger to go on a trek to Philmont with my son's boy scout troop. The Transcend II was set to 9 cm/H2O. First, the good news: It does charge the battery. But then the bad news: S-L-O-W-L-Y. Unlike other people's experiences, I was putting this to use in the backcountry, so there was no safety net when things went wrong. I did expect that sunlight would be spotty, but when I'm reading that this charger should be able to almost fully recharge the P-8 in 12 hours, I was pretty hopeful that my nights would be restful. We only had one layover day where I was able to keep an eye on things an make sure that it was getting full sun all day. That day was the best one and I was able to get about 3 hours of charge into the battery. The other days, we were on the move and in trees and partly cloudy conditions. I averaged less than 1 hour of charge even after doing all that I could to make certain that the panels were getting as much sun as possible (using the panel as a backpack cover, making sure that it was angled to the sun when breaks for hydration and lunch happened, and giving it full sun from about 2:00 p.m. on when we had arrived at our campsite for the day). One night featured a full 10 minutes of power. I think that the concept is great, but wow, in my case did execution fail me in a horrible way. more...
15 people found this helpful.
I purchased this solar charger to go with the Transcend II Travel CPAP Machine and Multi-Night battery. I needed to use it for a fly-in week-long fishing trip in Northern Ontario that would leave me over an hour flight away from electricity. I started with a fully-charged multi-night battery. It worked fine the first night. The next day, I positioned the panel to take advantage of the noon sun. That night, it ran most of the night, meaning that the "multi-night" battery didn't get much charge the day before. The next day, I nursed the panel all day - making sure it was perpendicular to the sun all day. That night, it worked all night. The subsequent days were rainy so the panel wasn't very effective charging thru a window and it would give me about an hour of use for an all-day charge thru the window. If I had to do it over again, I would probably have just purchased about 4 multi-night batteries which would have probably performed better... My pressure is 14 inches of water. more...
18 people found this helpful.
This unit is just to small to recharge the multi-night and perhaps even the standard battery. After a 12 hour exposure to direct sunlight at 10870' in the Colorado wilderness area, the best I got was a three hour charge from a fully drain battery. more...
7 people found this helpful.