Icon Ramp Function
The ramp feature on the Icon Auto is a set length of time, 20 minutes. It cannot be adjusted by the user. The starting pressure of the Icon Auto is set by the machine based on the prescribed pressure. It will start at either 4 cmwp or at 1/3 of the prescribed pressure. The machine will use the larger of those two numbers.
For instance, if a machine pressure is set to 9 cmwp the ramp would start at 4 cmwp since 1/3 of 9 is 3 and 4 cmwp is the minimum setting. As another example, if a the prescribed pressure of a machine is 18 cmwp would start at 1/3 of 18 or 6 cmwp because 6 is greater than 4.
Using the ramp is an optional feature and not required. To start the ramp process once the machine is blowing air, press and hold the SmartDial for 3 seconds to start the ramp process.
As of February 2014, the ThermoSmart Heated Hose is included with the Icon Auto CPAP Machine.
Fisher & Paykel updated the Icon line of machines in 2013. The color of the machines changed from light gray to dark gray but the size and shape of the machine is unchanged.
Machine Menu Note
The default menu setting on the Icon machines is "Simple Mode". This is a simplified menu for easier use. When the machine is in this mode and turned on, all other menu options will be hidden and the only visible setting will be the heated humidifier humidity which can be adjusted by turning the dial.
To take the units out of this mode, follow these steps:
- Hold down the middle button an turn the dial clockwise until a menu appears. The menu will look like dots around the right side of the display. Once that menu appears, the button and dial can be released.
- Without pressing the button, turn the dial to the 3 o'clock position. At this point the screen will read "MENU" and have a number "1" displayed in the middle.
- Press the button and release, which will make the number "1" blink.
- Turn the dial to adjust this from "1" to "2".
- Press and release the button again to save this change.
- Turn the dial back to the 12 o'clock position then press and release the button to exit this menu.
- Once changed, turning the dial will allow you to scroll through the menu options and view them easily.
ThermoSmart Heated Hose Cleaning: Wash the heated hose using a mild soap and warm water. Rinse well with clean water and allow to air dry out of direct sunlight. The thermosmart hose may be submerged while cleaning, however it must be allowed to completely air dry before reconnecting to the CPAP machine.
Icon Machine and Humidifier Cleaning: Disconnect the machine from the power outlet prior to cleaning.
- Daily Cleaning:
- Remove the long tube from the machine.
- Wash the tube in warm soapy water. Rinse in clear running water and hang to dry.
- Remove the chamber lid and remove the chamber, discard any remaining water.
- DO NOT remove the rubber seal from the chamber.
- The chamber may be washed in a dishwasher or hand washed with mild detergent, rinsed and dried.
- Weekly Cleaning - In addition to the steps above:
- Remove the chamber, elbow and outlet seal.
- Fill the chamber with a solution of one part white vinegar to two parts water and allow to soak for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the chamber well and dry, or wash the chamber in the dishwasher.
- Disconnect the elbow from the machine by grasping the elbow and pulling out from the machine.
- Remove the outlet seal by pushing it into the machine through the opening created once the elbow is removed.
- Wash the elbow and seal in mild detergent using warm water. Rinse well and dry.
- Reinstall the outlet seal, then snap the elbow onto the back of the machine.
- Replace the chamber and lid.
Heating Plate Note
The heating plate of the Icon Auto may feel warm after the machine has been turned off. This may be residual heat resulting from the humidifier being very well insulated. Adding to this warmth, the power supply for the machine is directly under the heating plate, and even while in standby mode it can generate enough power to cause warmth when touched.
If the Smartstick for the ICON Auto will not lock into place, try removing the stick completely and reinserting which should allow the stick to re-lock into the machine. The SmartStick works in conjunction with software available only to doctors and sleep clinics.
Please Note: If using the InfoSmart software, an error message may appear stating that personal info does not match. Please contact your physician for support to have your information added and updated in the software if this error occurs.
Data Reporting and Sleep Sessions
The sleep session period for data reporting on the Fisher & Paykel Icon line of machines runs from noon one day to noon the next day. The time set on the machine determines "Noon". As an example, the sleep data related to a use session running from 11 PM at night to 7 AM the next morning will display after noon that day. Likewise, if the machine were used during an afternoon nap from 2:30 PM to 4:00 PM today, the data would display after noon the next day.
Compatibility with Breeze Masks
The Breeze masks feature a connection that can sometimes easily slip out of the end of a hard cuffed hose, such as the ThermoSmart Heated Hose which is included with the ICON machines. To make this connection snug and prevent the mask connection slipping out, the addition of the FlexiTube Angle Adapter is necessary. Please add this item to your cart when ordering if you are purchasing or currently use a Breeze mask and plan to use it with a hard cuffed hose such as the ThermoSmart Heated Hose.
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- If sending in machine for warranty consideration, ship only the unit that is malfunctioning, along with the power cord. Do not ship the carrying case or hose
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.