iCH Auto CPAP Machine with PVA and Built-In Heated Humidifier
Sorry, this item is no longer available.
Check out the newer model hereiCH II Auto CPAP Machine with Built-In Heated Humidifier
Not your average Sleep Therapy machine! Apex Medical offers the iCH Auto CPAP with PVA and Built in Heated Humidifier. The iCH is a quiet auto-adjusting machine with a built-in heated humidifier. PVA pressure relief at exhalation makes therapy feel more natural. It all comes in a compact and lightweight body with an innovative look. The small foot print means it easily fits into a bedroom and lifestyle.
Looking for an auto-titrating machine with the comfort of exhalation relief which is small, easy to travel with, and has quiet operation? Consider the features offered in the iCH Auto CPAP Machine with PVA and Built-In Heated Humidifier.
- Auto Adjusting Technology
- PVA - Pressure Relief at Exhalation
- Built-In Heated Humidifier
- Anti Back-Flow Humidifier Design
- Quiet Operation - 28 dBA
- Sleek, Modern Look
- Small Footprint
- Built-In Alarm Clock
- Travel Friendly
- On Screen Sleep Events Data
- Leak Compensation & Auto Altitude Adjust
The iCH Auto is set to a range of pressures and continually adjusts the delivered air stream within the range to provide the ideal pressure during sleep. Pressure can be set in .5 cmH20 increments between 4 and 20 cmH2O. Alternately, the iCH Auto can be set in CPAP mode to deliver a single therapy pressure all night long.PVA - Pressure Relief at Exhalation
The iCH Auto includes the comfort feature PVA (Pressure Variation Algorithm) designed to provide a drop in pressure at the time of exhalation. The drop in pressure eases the process of breathing out against the air stream making the therapy more natural. PVA can be set to 3 levels with 1 being the lowest level of drop in pressure at the time of exhalation and 3 being the largest drop in pressure. Or, turn the PVA function to zero to turn off the pressure relief feature. The PVA function is represented on the machine's display screen by the letter "C".
Built-In Heated Humidifier
Recognizing the important part humidified air plays in therapy comfort, the iCH Auto offers a built-in heated humidifier in one compact unit. The humidifier is designed to prevent back flow so that water is less likely to get into the machine. There are 6 easily adjustable humidifier settings to allow the user to find the most comfortable level.
The chamber holds 300ml of water, just over 10 ounces, and will provide at least 8 hours of use. The humidifier can be turned off with a setting of zero (0) to use it as a cool passover humidifier. Under the humidifier chamber is a soothing blue light that can serve as a night light. This light can be turned on and off by pressing the up and down arrow on the machine control panel.
The iCH Auto is a feature packed machine engineered in a compact and lightweight bundle with an innovative design. The small footprint means it can fit easily on a bedside table without disrupting the feel of the room. The quiet operation (28 dB) allows it to fit easily into routines.
The iCH has a built in alarm clock that can be set to sound an audible alarm. Mute the alarm using the power button. When not in use the display of the iCH shows the current time.
The iCH has a hidden handle built into the machine housing to make picking it up easy and secure. People who travel for business or recreation find it easy to pack into their carry on luggage. Or use the included travel bag designed to hold the machine, power supply and hose as well as most mask types.
Sleep event information is displayed on the screen of the iCH Auto providing data about the effectiveness of the most recent therapy session including:
|Apnea Index||Number of apneas (large reduction in airflow for at least 10 seconds) per hour|
|Hypopnea Index||Number of hypopneas (smaller reduction in airflow for 10 - 60 seconds) per hour|
|Snore Index||Number of snoring events (vibratory changes during inhalation) per hour|
|Flow Limitation Index||Number of times per hour the upper airway is partially closed|
To see the latest data when the machine is in the Standby mode displaying the time, simultaneously press and hold the Up and Down buttons to see the latest data. Move through the information by pushing the Menu button. The information displayed is for the most recent treatment session only and will no longer be available from the display when the machine is turned off. The machine has on board data storage and an SD card.
Low Pressure alert (sometimes referenced as a Leak Alert function) notifies the user when there is a large air leak in the pressure pathway. The display shows "Low P" and an audible alarm sounds. The audible alert can be turned off.
Leak Compensation helps to maintain an even pressure output even where there are small air losses in the system.
Auto Altitude Adjustment takes care of providing the appropriate therapy level in different altitudes. The iCH can be operated in altitudes up to 8,000 ft for pressures up to 18 cmH20 and up to 5,000 ft for pressures of 18.5 to 20 cmH2O.
This Product Includes...
- iCH Auto CPAP Machine with Built In Humidifier
- 24V Power Supply
- Power Cord
- SD Card
- Mini USB Cable
- Instruction Booklet
- Travel Bag
- Standard Hose
- 1 - Foam Washable Filter
Pressure Range: 4 - 20 cm H2O
Pressure Adjustments: .5 cm H2O
Ramp Time: 0 to 45 min. (5 min. increments)
Starting Ramp Pressure: 3 cmH2O to set CPAP pressure; user adjustable
Operating Altitude: Up to 8,000 ft with pressure up to 18 cmH2O; 5,000 ft with pressure from 18.5 to 20 cmH2O
Dimensions: 7.8 in L x 6.5 in W x 6.9 in H
Machine Weight: 2.94 lbs / 1.33 kg
Sound Level: 28 dBA at 10 cmH2O
Tube: Diameter - 22mm; Length - 71 in
Filter: Washable Foam (5/8 in x 3/4 in)
Heated Humidifier: Settings 1-6; 105°F to 158°F (40°C to 70°C)
Humidifier Chamber Volume: 10.15 ounce (300ml)
Device Set-Up: On Screen Display and Push Buttons
On-Board Data Storage: Compliance = 730 Sessions; Advanced Data = 18 Sessions (72 Hours). First in, first out for saved data.
Electrical Requirements: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/60 Hz (An adapter may be needed to plug the CPAP into a wall outlet outside the US.) DC 24V , 3.75 A
Max Operating Temperature: Machine should not be exposed to heat greater than 95°F.
Max Exposure Temperature: Machine should not be exposed to heat greater than 122°F
Required Settings: This machine does not have required settings.
Unless directed otherwise, CPAP.com will leave this machine at its default settings of:
- Mode: APAP
- Initial Pressure: 3 cm H2O
- Maximum Pressure: 20 cm H2O
- Minimum Pressure: 4 cm H2O
- PVA: Off
- Alarm: Off
- Clock Alarm: Off
CPAP.com always offers these services
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
Filter: The iCH machine filter is located on the back of machine housing. To locate the filter remove the humidifier chamber. The filter is on the side opposite the air port. The manufacturer states that the specifically designed location of the filter is one of the reasons for the quiet operation of the machine. Air intake for the machine is more than adequate.
This machine uses only a washable foam filter. The manufacturer suggests washing the foam filter once every two weeks. Hold the filter under clear running water, do not use any soap or other cleaning solution. Gently squeeze the filter to remove excess water. Allow to air dry before replacing in the machine.
Humidifier Information and Care: The humidifier chamber should be cleaned by hand with warm soapy water. It is not designed to go through the dishwasher.
Light: The blue light under the water chamber can be turned off by pressing the "down" arrow button. Press the "up" to turn on the light under the chamber.
NOTE: As with all machines, to avoid getting water from the chamber into the machine, remove the humidifier chamber from the machine housing before moving or lifting the machine. The chamber is designed to guard against water entering the machine - but caution is always the best approach.
Sleep Data: The iCH Auto holds data in an on board memory (including compliance and therapy effectiveness information) that can only be read using the machine software. The software can be sold only to a Clinician or Physician. CPAP.com does NOT sell the software. It cannot be sold to customers. The only information displayed to the screen are the Indexes as detailed on the Features tab - and only for the last sleep session. As soon as the machine is turned off, the displayed data is no longer available from the display.
Alarm Tone: The alarm has only one tone setting available and cannot play music.
Battery Operation: An inverter such as 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter is required to use the iCH with a battery. The inverter itself will draw approximately half of the battery run time.
Apex Manufacturer Warranty on the iCH Auto CPAP Machine with PVA and Built-In Heated Humidifier: The iCH Auto CPAP Machine with PVA and Built-In Heated Humidifier has a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty.
CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- If sending in machine for warranty consideration, ship only the unit that is malfunctioning, along with the power cord. Do not ship the carrying case or hose
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
Battery Operation: The iCH does not have DC capability and requires the use of an inverter to operate with a battery. This is an example of a product that would be required: 150 Watt DC to AC Power Sine Wave Inverter. Always keep in mind, the inverter itself will draw approximately half of the battery run time.
The Freedom Travel Battery can be used to connect to this device, but only when using the 150 Watt Sine Wave Inverter. The Freedom Travel Battery weighs only 1.7 pounds, and is perfect for any excursion. It's also FAA compliant and can be used in-flight, and is able to be used off-the-grid.
A CPAP machine provides air at a constant prescribed pressure. The air is delivered to the person through a tube and a CPAP mask. CPAP therapy provides a constant airflow which keeps the airway open so uninterrupted breathing is maintained during sleep. The air stream eliminates Sleep Apnea events and allows the person to get a restful sleep.
The level of air pressure required to maintain your airway is determined during your sleep study. Your doctor will write a prescription for a CPAP machine set at that pressure.
CPAP therapy is delivered through a nasal mask that seals around the nose, nasal pillows which seal at the nasal opening, or nasal prong masks that seal inside the nares. Full face masks are available for a person who breathes through both the nose and mouth. Many innovative and comfortable options are available and advances in the delivery of CPAP therapy are continually occurring.
For instance: Some machines offer a comfort feature such as FLEX or EPR technology. It provides exhalation relief, a slight drop in pressure at the time of exhalation to help make therapy more natural. APAP, BiPAP and BiLevel machines offer various levels of pressure throughout the night.
- CPAP Machine Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every CPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular CPAPs, or all CPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular CPAP Machines
Compare All CPAP Machines
- Auto Adjusting Machine (APAP) Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every APAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular APAPs, or all APAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular APAP Machines
Compare All APAP Machines
- BiPAP, VPAP and BiLevel Comparison Guide. This guide stacks up every BiPAP machine we sell, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click the question mark for a definition. The links below will take you to the most popular BiPAPs, or all BiPAP machines we sell.
Compare Most Popular BiPAP Machines
Compare All BiPAP Machines
- Calling a CPAP Expert Toll Free. 800.356.5221.
- Comparison Charts. These charts compare available machines, feature by feature. If you don't know the meaning of a feature, click on the question mark for a definition. Click on the image or name of the product for more detailed product information, pictures and resources.
Travel CPAP Comparison Chart
APAP Comparison Chart
BiPAP Comparison Chart
- Browse Our Machine Product Categories. These categories show each machine our company offers, ranked by popularity. Popularity is determined by a mix of sales data and our in house opinion of the quality of the machine based on our experience and customer feedback. The best products float to the top of our categories.
CPAP Machine Category
APAP (Auto Adjusting) Machine Category
BiPAP (Two Pressure) Machine Category
To see the list of what specifically comes with each machine, you can Browse for a machine. Then on the product page, click the "Specs" tab to see a full list of what comes with the machine.
Here are some other suggested actions to care for your machine:
- Keep the area around your machine clean by removing any dust from the area to improve the air quality delivered to your machine and to you.
- Keep the air intake of the machine unblocked. Curtains, bedding, and papers can easily block the air intake of your machine, reducing the airflow.
- If a humidifier is used with your therapy, do not pick up the machine with the humidifier attached. With most machines it is easy to spill water from the humidifier chamber into the machine causing damage. Manufacturer warranties are voided by water damage to the machine. To avoid this, remove the chamber from the humidifier and then remove the humidifier from the machine rather than transporting them together.
- If a humidifier is used, empty the water from the chamber every morning. Accidents happen. If a family pet or family member moves the machine and humidifier with water in the chamber it is more likely that water could be spilled into your machine. Water damage to a machine voids the manufacturer warranty.
CPAP air is an irritant - to one degree or another - to everyone. In some cases the irritation dries out the nasal passages and may cause bleeding. It may also cause swelling, excess mucous, congestion or sneezing. The irritation may create a very fertile ground for infections to begin. The irritation may be cumulative, building up over time. The only way to reduce the irritation is to add moisture.
Humidification is therefore a critical part of CPAP Therapy.
There are two types of humidifiers:
Cold (Passover) Humidifiers
Yes. Federal law requires we have a valid prescription on file before we ship your mask, machine, humidifier, or EPAP therapy, including Provent and Bongo RX. You will also need a prescription to purchase the Nightbalance POSA device.
We provide many easy ways to get your prescription:
- We can request your prescription for you! When you checkout, just let us know you would like us to request your prescription, or you can log into your account to have us request your prescription.
- Fax your prescription to our toll-free fax number: 866.353.2727, or our international fax number: 713.541.7377
- Email your prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your prescription in your account, under the Prescriptions Section
- Ask your doctor to fill out our prescription form. We have both a standard prescription form and an EPAP prescription form.
For more information on prescriptions, please see our Prescription Section of the Learning Center.
Any mask will work with any machine, with one important exception. The ResMed AirMini is only compatible with certain ResMed CPAP masks. Compatible masks for the AirMini are as follows:
- ResMed AirFit™ N20 Nasal Mask
- ResMed AirFit™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirTouch™ F20 Full Face
- ResMed AirFit™ P10 Nasal Pillow
When considering another CPAP, APAP or BiPAP machine from ResMed or any other manufacturer, mask compatibility extends to all brands. The AirMini uses non-standard tubing to connect the machine to the mask, and is the primary reason why other masks won't work with the AirMini. Despite this issue, many of our customers consider the AirMini to be an excellent machine.
- By Live Chat: Click on the Chat Now field in the lower right hand corner of the CPAP.com page. If after hours, click Leave a message to enter your question and we will get back in touch with you.
- By Phone: 800.356.5221 (%WeekDayStart% - %WeekDayEnd% CST Mon-Fri; %WeekEndStart% - %WeekEndEnd% CST Sat)
- Email Us: email@example.com
- By Fax: 866.353.2727
- Could not find what you were looking for? Please send us your question. Question Submission Form
Cleaning and changing filters is the only maintenance required for a CPAP machine.
The filters are located at the back of the machine at the air intake.
APAPs tend to be more advanced than CPAPs in that they normally offer more therapy tracking information and more comfort features.
Every APAP machine can be placed in a CPAP mode to blow one straight pressure like a CPAP. However, CPAP machines cannot automatically adjust pressure like an APAP. This DeVilbiss IntelliPAP AutoAdjust is an example of an APAP machine that comes with built-in Smart Code therapy tracking software.
Here are some of our available APAP Machines:
DreamStation Auto CPAP Machine
Z1 Auto Travel CPAP Machine
XT Auto CPAP Machine
+ See More
- Remove Water From The Humidifier. If you are going to take your CPAP humidifier with you, remove ALL water from the humidifier chamber. Water left in the humidifier chamber can be tipped into your machine and cause damage.
- Accompany Your CPAP Through Security. Stay with your CPAP machine. When going through security, security agents will usually need to inspect the CPAP separately. Ask to stay with the CPAP. This way you can watch them handle the CPAP machine, and you can make sure all of your parts (cords, masks, chambers, filters) get back into the bag.
- Plan Your Power Needs. Know what type of power your CPAP requires. If you are going to use a battery, make sure you have all the parts needed to safely run the CPAP on battery power. If you are traveling abroad make sure you have an international adapter plug. Check out the Power Solutions section of the FAQ for more information.
- Identify Your CPAP as Medical Equipment. To help move through security easier, put a medical equipment tag on your CPAP bag. We offer a Medical Equipment Luggage Tag.
- Carry a Medical Alert Card. When traveling or handling daily tasks, it is good to carry a medical alert card in your wallet. The card will inform emergency personnel that you have obstructive sleep apnea. We offer a Medical Alert Card.
- Pack Your Power Cord. Just like people commonly leave cell phone chargers at home or in the hotel, we frequently get calls from travelers who have left their CPAP power cord behind. Check to make sure your cord is packed with your machine before you leave home and when heading back home.
- Bring Spare Parts and Back Up Mask. Like the power cord, items get left behind or misplaced while on the road. Having spare parts and a back up mask will ensure you are not caught without equipment.
- Call Us If You Leave Something. CPAP.com delivers all over the US and to most international destinations. This includes to hotels and resorts. We also have expedited shipping options. If you are in a bind, give us a call 800.356.5221.
Yes, you can travel by air with CPAP equipment. Sleep therapy should be used every night and your equipment should be taken along when traveling. The following information is intended as a general guideline and does not reflect any particular airline's policy. Check with your airline carrier to verify their policies regarding CPAP / BiLevel equipment.
- Generally in the USA, a CPAP machine and mask are NOT counted as a carry-on item.
- The CPAP carry case must meet the size restrictions set for carry-on items.
- Only items directly related to the medical treatment are included in the exception, any other items will count towards the carry-on allowance.
- Some airlines ask that you contact them 48 hours prior to the flight, especially if you are planning on using the machine on the flight. Before traveling, check the policy for the airline you will be using.
- Some airlines require documentation from a doctor stating the equipment is required by the user and must be kept with the user during travel.
- In some cases, an on-board electrical outlet may be available. If you plan to use the equipment during the flight, a battery backup should be carried in the event the on-board power is interrupted.
- Some locations in Asia and Europe may count the equipment used for Sleep Therapy as a carry on, but all airlines will allow it.
Air Travel: Call your airline. Each airline has a different policy on whether or not you can use your CPAP while in flight, and if they have a power source available.
Here is a letter from the manufacturer ResMed on the topic:
Here is a letter from the manufacturer Philips Respironics on the topic:
Philips Respironics Travel Letter
Sleep laboratories and sleep disorder centers may be willing to make this pressure change. Just call a local hospital or ask your physician to recommend a sleep lab. Be sure to take your prescription.
A second way is to do it yourself. We sell manometers that are very portable, accurate, and simple to use. All the machines we sell come with instructions on how to set pressure to physician orders. Most patients have little trouble doing this themselves. If you need help we can talk you through the procedure. Contact us by phone at 1-800-356-5221.
Gauge Manometer (for pressure measurements)
Fisher and Paykel Water Column CPAP Manometer with HC325 Chamber
A third option is to ship the machine to us with the new prescription. We will set it and ship it back.
It is the law and good common sense to run all sleep disorder devices at the prescribed pressure. If you think your prescribed pressure is wrong, talk to your physician.
- One of the following words or phrases: "APAP", "AutoPAP", "AutoSet", "Auto CPAP", "Auto Adjusting CPAP", "Self Adjusting CPAP", "CPAP" or "Continuous Positive Airway Pressure" or similar term.
- Your physician's contact information
- Your physician's signature
- The patient's full name
An APAP prescription may contain the following information:
- Your pressure range (Optional, Not Required)
- Example: 4-20 CM/H20
- Example: 4-20
- Example: 6-18 CM/H2O
- Example: 6-18
CPAP prescriptions are accepted for Auto Adjusting (APAP) machines.
Here are some of our top selling APAP machines:
Transcend Auto miniCPAP™ Machine with EZEX
PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto with Bluetooth
AirSense™ 10 AutoSet CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
+ See More
Nice machine, quiet and effective. It is light but the transformer that comes with it doubles the weight of the unit for travel. I didn't expect that. more...
1 person found this helpful.
this is my 2nd machine the first was a Resmed and not automatic. I find this is much better, nice and quiet and show me the sleeping information on screen every day. very comfortable and the price was good. I hope this will be a long lasting for me. more...
1 person found this helpful.
This is so quiet, my husband reminds me to turn it on. Love the clock feature and air warmer. Would purchase again when I need a new machine. more...
2 people found this helpful.
This Cpap machine works great. The auto sense is much better than my old machine with the pressure setting that never changed. The humidifier is slightly more difficult to disconnect and refill but is easy enough to use. more...
2 people found this helpful.
This was a replacement for an identical unit, and I continue to be pleased with it.
2 people found this helpful.
Compare Similar Products
Basic FeaturesManufacturerApexResMedPhilips RespironicsTypeAPAPAPAPAPAPWarranty2 Years2 Years2 YearsSound Level28 dBA26.6 dBA25.8 dBAQuietYesYesYesManuals IncludedPatientPatient/Quick SetupPatient
DimensionsTravel SizedYesYesYesUnder 3 lbsYesYesYesMachine Weight2.94 lbs2.751.56 lbsEntire Weight5.65 lbs5.1 lbs4.37 lbsEntire Size7.8" x 6.5" x 6.9"10.04" x 4.75" x 5.91"11.7" x 7.6" x 3.3"Entire Package Size13" x 7" x 9"13.24" x 10" x 5"15" x 8.5" x 5.5"Machine Size Only7.8" x 6.5" x 6.9"NA6.2" x 7.6" x 3.3"
Humidifier FeaturesHeated HumidifierBuilt InHumidAirDreamStation HumidifierBuilt-In HumidifierYesYesNoHeated Humidifier TypeBuilt InBuilt InIntegratedAmbient Rainout ReductionNoAutoClimateControlDreamStation Heated TubeIntegrated Heated HoseNoClimateLineAireYesHumidifier Water Capacity300 mL380mL325 mL
Pressure FeaturesAuto Pressure AdjustmentYesYesYesPressure Range4-20cm H204-20cm H2O4 - 20 cm H2OEPAP Pressure RangeNANAN/AEasy BreathingNoAutoSet with EPRA-FlexRampYesYesYesCPAP ModeYesYesYesLeak CompensationN/AYesYesMax Operating Altitude8,000 ft (4-18cm)8,500 ft7,500 ft
Power FeaturesDirect Battery OperationNoYesYesVoltage Range100-240V AC100-240V100 - 240V ACOptional DC CableNoYesYesIntegrated BatteryNoNoNo
Software FeaturesAdvanced Software/DataOSYesMSD/OSData CardYesYesYesOptional SoftwareEasy ComplianceResScanDreamMapper
Additional FeaturesAuto Altitude AdjustmentYesYesYesAuto ON/OFFNoYesYesMask Off AlertALARMNoNoSpontaneousNoNoNoTimedNoNoNoDesigned For HerNoNoNoBack Lit DisplayYesYesBacklight Shuts OffYesYes