"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERVery quiet, easy to use, and much smaller than my old unit. Could not be happier with this machine."
October 8, 2015
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERGreat CPAP, great value. This machine has been more pleasing than the more expensive model that I use to have. I highly recommend this device."
June 8, 2015
The Curasa CPAP Machine with EUT is a travel sized machine with features aimed to increase comfort and ease of use. Included is a padded travel bag formatted to fit the machine and accessories.
Manufactured by Curative Medical.
The Curasa CPAP Machine with EUT is a small and lightweight machine that has features found on many more expensive devices. This is a single pressure CPAP machine and does not automatically adjust the pressure.
- Small and Lightweight
- Padded Travel Bag Included
- Unique Optional Integrated Humidifier
- EUT Exhalation Relief
- Ramp Feature
- Data Recording
- Auto Start and Stop
- Power Out Alarm
Small and Lightweight
The Curasa weighs 2.4 pounds and is sized for travel and convenience. A padded travel bag is included with the purchase of the machine. It is designed to hold the machine and power supply, hose and OPTIONAL heated humidifier. The machine itself measures just 7 1/8 in L x 4 5/8 in W x 3 1/2 in H.
Unique Optional Integrated Heated Humidifier
The unique design of the Curasa and humidifier makes for a small foot print on a beside table. The combined humidifier base and chamber top slides into slots on one side of the machine. The humidifier connects to the machine using the jump cord built into the humidifier base. The level of humidification is adjusted by turning the pin on the back of the humidifier. The OPTIONAL humidifier and machine together measures 9 in L x 7 3/4 in W x 4 in H.
EUT Exhalation Relief
EUT (Expiratory Unloading Technology) is a comfort feature built into the Curasa CPAP and offers a drop in pressure at the time of exhalation. Pressure relief increases the comfort of therapy and feels more natural. The EUT feature has three settings with 1 being the slightest drop in pressure at exhalation and three being the largest. Or, turn the EUT setting OFF by setting the machine in "CPAP" mode.
Ramp allows the pressure to start lower than the prescribed pressure to ease into sleep. The Curasa ramp can be set up to 60 minutes and can be adjusted in 1 minute steps for maximum customization. The machine will work up to the prescribed pressure as it reaches the set ramp time.
The Curasa CPAP records up to 365 nights of usage data onto the on-board memory of the machine. The following information is recorded and can be transferred to the included SD card and viewed using the OPTIONAL AutoManager Software:
- Compliance Data
- Beginning and Ending Time for Each Session
- Set Pressure
Auto On / OFF Feature
The Auto On (AUTOON) feature allows the Curasa CPAP to detect when the mask is on the user and he or she is breathing. The machine automatically begins providing the therapy air stream without having to press a button. This feature may be turned off if desired.
If the AUTOON feature is set to off and the mask is removed or there is a significant mask leak while the machine is blowing air, the mask off alarm will sound. The alarm can be silenced by pushing the up and down arrow keys and by turning the blower off.
Power Out Alarm
If the power goes out while the Curasa CPAP machine is running, the machine sounds an alarm to notify the user of the disruption in power. To silence the alarm press the power key. The power out alarm will also sound if the power cord is disconnected from the wall outlet while the machine is running. The power out alarm function cannot be turned off.
This Product Includes...
- CPAP Machine
- Power Supply and Cord
- 6 Foot Hose - 22mm Diameter
- 2 - Filter Cassettes with Fine & Foam Filters Installed (1 Cassette In Machine)
- Travel Bag
- Data Card
Pressure Range: 4 - 20 cm H2O (0.5 cm increments)
Ramp Time: 0 - 60 mins
EUT Settings: 1; 2; 3 or Off which shows as CPAP Mode
Sound Level: 27 dBA
Weight - Machine Alone: 2.4 lbs
Weight - Machine with Optional Humidifier and Connector Tube: 3.3 lbs
Weight - Machine with Optional Humidifier, Connector Tube, and Power Supply with Cord: 4.26 lbs
Weight - Machine with Optional Humidifier, Connector Tube, Power Supply with Cord in Carry Bag: 5.82 lbs
Weight - Power Supply with Cord: .95 lbs
Dimensions - Machine Alone: 7 1/8 in x 4 5/8 in x 3 1/2 in
Dimensions - Machine with Optional Heated Humidifier and Connector Tube: 9 in L x 7 3/4 in W x 4 in H
Dimensions - Carry Bag: 13 1/2 in L x 9 1/4 in W x 7 in H
Dimensions - Power Supply Brick: 5 1/2 in L x 2 1/2 in W x 1 1/2 in H
Length - Power Supply with Power Cord Attached: 160 in
Data Recording - On-board Memory (Date and Time Must be Set): Over 365 Usage Sessions (Can be transferred to the included SD card and viewed using the optional AutoManager Software)
SD Card File Format: FAT32 File System
Software Compatibility: Window System Only, 32 & 64 bit
Electrical Requirements: 100 - 240V AC, 50/60 Hz, DC 24V
Leak Compensation: Yes
Electromagnetic Compliance: EN 60601-1-2
Machine Alarms: Power Off; Mask Off
Sound Rating - Power Off Alarm: 65 dB
Operating Altitude: Up to 9800 ft (Auto-adjusting)
Operating Temperature Range: 41° - 95° F (5° - 35° C)
Transporting/Storage Temperature Range: -4° - 131° F (-20° - 55° C)
Operating Relative Humidity Range: 10% - 93% (non-condensing)
Transport/Storage Relative Humidity Range: 10% - 93% (non-condensing)
Required Settings: 1 Pressure Setting is Required
Unless directed otherwise, CPAP.com will leave this machine at its default settings of:
- Mode: CPAP - EUT Pressure Relief Set to Zero or Off
- Pressure Setting: Set to Prescribed Pressure
- Ramp: Zero Minutes or Off
- Ramp Start Pressure: 4.0cmH2O
- Auto On: Off
Manufacturer Machine Warranty 2 Years
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: Curasa CPAP Machine.
Important Note About EUT Setting on the Curasa CPAP Machine
Follow these steps to change the EUT setting on the Curasa Auto CPAP:
- Make sure the device is unlocked.
- A dash signifies the device is locked, while a star represents an unlocked machine.
- If the device is locked, use two fingers to simultaneously press the up and down arrow keys for approximately three seconds.
- With the device unlocked, use the up and down arrow keys to scroll through the display screen.
- Stop scrolling, when MODE appears on the screen.
- Please Note: The data will appear slightly different based on the type of machine. On the CPAP machine, the words: Mode and CPAP show on the screen.
- When selecting to change the EUT setting, make sure the star symbol is next to the word 'MODE'.
- Press enter by selecting the curved arrow button found on the right side of the machine. The word 'CPAP' will begin to flash.
- Using the up and down arrow, navigate from CPAP to EUT 3. Scroll down to reach the range EUT1 to EUT3.
- EUT 1 is used to represent the smallest drop in pressure at exhalation, while EUT 3 denotes the largest drop in pressure at exhalation.
- Finalize the selection by pushing the curved arrow button.
Tips for the OPTIONAL Humidifier
PLEASE NOTE: The heated humidifier is NOT included with the purchase of the machine. It may be included at the time of adding the machine to the cart.
Humidifier Cleaning Instructions:
- DO NOT immerse the humidifier platform (bottom) or jumper cord in water or any other fluids.
- DO NOT wash the humidifier in a dishwasher.
- Turn off the device and allow the humidifier and water to come to room temperature - approximately 15 minutes.
- Disconnect the humidifier jumper cord from the machine.
- Disconnect the connector tube between the device and humidifier.
- Remove the humidifier from the side of the device by pushing up on the humidifier to slide it off the device.
- Remove the cap or top of the humidifier chamber.
- DO NOT get the BOTTOM of the humidifier and jumper cord wet with water or any other liquids.
- Clean the BOTTOM of the chamber using a damp cloth.
- The TOP or cap of the humidifier chamber may be washed in clear running water.
- Allow both the TOP and BOTTOM to air dry, out of direct sunlight.
- Empty water chamber after each use session and allow to air dry.
Disconnecting the Humidifier: Always allow the humidifier and water to cool BEFORE removing the humidifier. Unplug the jumper cord from the machine. Remove the connector tube between the device and humidifier. To remove the humidifier from the machine, push up on the humidifier so it slide off the device.
Daily Care of Humidifier: After each use, empty the water from the humidifier chamber. Allow the chamber to air dry out of direct sunlight. DO NOT immerse the humidifier bottom or base in water or any other liquids. DO NOT wash in a dishwasher.
Filter Care & Opening the Filter Cassette
- With the filter end of the machine facing you, remove the cassette from the machine by lifting the tab on the left side of the cassette.
- Once the cassette is removed from the machine hold it in front of you with the black filter facing you oriented with the long sides of the cassette parallel with your body.
- Hold the short sides of the cassette by the frame edges using both hands.
- Place the flat balls of your thumbs against the outside edges of the black filter.
- Aim the white side of the filter way from you and towards a table or bed in case the cassette back pops out with force.
- Applying even pressure with both thumbs, push with the balls of the thumbs to force the back of the cassette to pop out of the frame.
- The black foam filter should be washed weekly, allowed to dry completely and reinstalled. It should be replaced around every 6 months.
- The white fine filter cannot be washed and should be discarded and replaced monthly.
- The black foam filter goes into the cassette frame first so it will be facing the out when the cassette is reinstalled.
- The fine filter is placed in the cassette frame second so will be facing the inside of the machine when the cassette is reinstalled.
- Snap the back of the cassette into place.
- Insert the cassette into the machine with the flat side of the frame facing out and snap into place.
- The black filter should be seen when looking at the back of the machine.
Transferring On-Board Memory
Use the following steps to transfer data from the machine's on-board memory to the included SD card to be viewed using the OPTIONAL AutoManager software:
- If not already inserted, first insert the SD card into the data card slot on the back of the machine
- With the machine plugged in and on, use the up or down arrows to navigate to the menu option "DATA TO MC NO"
- With this option selected, press the enter (curved arrow) button once. The option should start to flash.
- Press the up arrow once to change the option to "YES".
- Press the enter (curved arrow) button once to save this option.
- While the machine is transferring data from the on-board memory to the SD card, it will display "WRITING....." on the screen. Do not press any buttons during this time.
- When the transfer is complete, "SUCCESS" will be displayed on the screen. Press the enter (curved arrow) button to return to the home screen.
- The data card can now be removed, and the data now on the card can be viewed using the OPTIONAL AutoManager software.
If the status shows "DATA ERR" or "ERROR" on the display during the writing process, try uninstalling the SD card and reinstalling, then try the writing process again. If the error persists, try a new SD card.
The Curasa machines do not have a setting for a slim or 15mm hose. Only a standard 22mm hose should be used.
This machine comes with a 2 year manufacturer warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
Curasa Machines Work with Domestic and International Voltages:
The Curasa CPAP Machine and OPTIONAL Heated Humidifier operate on 110v to 240v AC. There is no need to changes fuses or switches to operate on 240v, only an appropriate plug adapter for the country. CPAP.com offers the World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs as an option for operation in many European and Asian counties.
DC Operation With Inverter:
Want to use the Curasa machine while away from AC power? Although the Curasa machine has a DC port, at this time an appropriate DC cable is not available. CPAP.com is working to change that. This kit provides AC power to connect the Curasa's AC cord to the power inverter.
Respironics Battery Kit with 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter includes the 400 Watt DC to AC Power Inverter and the sealed lead acid Respironics Battery Pack.