"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERI love my new DreamStation CPAP machine. The lighted screen is bright, but fades to off in about 10 seconds."
May 25, 2016
"VERIFIED CPAP.COM CUSTOMERMy new CPAP is working great! It is quiet and so efficient, I love it! I didn't get a humidifier with it, but I find that I don't miss it."
June 13, 2016
The DreamStation CPAP Machine from Philips Respironics is a single pressure device designed to use Bluetooth wireless technology and pressure relief features to create a softer environment with result tracking capabilities. For increased comfort, pair the machine with the OPTIONAL DreamStation Heated Humidifier. When attached, the machine and humidifier provide warm air from the water chamber into the therapy air. Connect the machine via wireless technology to a personalized DreamMapper app account to view results on a smartphone or tablet (not included).
Manufactured by Philips Respironics.
3% of CPAP Machine product buyers choose this product.
PR's DreamStation CPAP Machine has an accessible and user-friendly menu designed to provide alerts and sleep results for CPAP users. Choose from one of the many detailed, setup options to select flex pressure relief, ramp, or OPTIONAL humidification. Download the Respironics' DreamMapper app onto a tablet or smartphone to access nightly sleep results relayed through Bluetooth wireless technology. DreamMapper is available on Apple devices with iOS 6 or newer and Android products 2.2 or newer (smartphone and tablet not included).
- OPTIONAL Heated Humidifier
- Bluetooth Connection to DreamMapper App
- Ramp and SmartRamp
- C-Flex Technology
- LCD On-Screen Display
- Respironics Dry Box Design
- System One Resistance Control
- Detailed 'Setup Menu' Options
OPTIONAL Heated Humidifier
The OPTIONAL DreamStation Heated Humidifier is an add-on designed to prevent dryness and congestion as a result of sleep therapy. Integrate the machine and humidifier to provide warm air to CPAP users.
Tube temperature and humidification settings can be set while the unit is in operation. Use the control dial to make the selections. Also, Adaptive mode can be enabled which will monitor ambient humidity levels and automatically adjust heat settings to provide optimum humidification while helping reduce rainout.
Bluetooth Connection to DreamMapper App
The DreamStation CPAP has a built-in Bluetooth connection which allows the device to pair directly with the PR DreamMapper mobile and web-based program. Enable the Bluetooth feature and download the SleepMapper app onto a smartphone or tablet (not included) to begin reviewing detailed sleep results. Use the free application to begin accessing nightly results through a personalized account on a handheld device. Please Note: The results are only available on one device at a time.
Ramp and SmartRamp
The Ramp feature and SmartRamp feature are both designed to gradually adjust the user to CPAP therapy. Though the Ramp features are similar, there are a few differences between the two options.
- Ramp is intended to gently increase CPAP pressure from half of the prescribed pressure to the full pressure within a chosen period of time. To operate the Ramp feature, a minimum CPAP pressure of 4cm H2O is required. Choose a time ranging from 5 minutes to 45 minutes to allow the machine to build the pressure in increments of 0.5cm H2O before reaching the prescribed pressure.
- In CPAP mode, SmartRamp uses an Auto-CPAP algorithm, making adjustments to the decreased pressure based on a breath by breath basis. Once SmartRamp reaches the prescribed pressure, the device will begin operating as a CPAP machine at the prescribed pressure. Please Note: During SmartRamp, if the minimum pressure is not reached before Ramp is complete, the pressure will increase by 1cm H2O each minute following the conclusion of Ramp.
C-Flex Technology is a pressure relief feature designed for CPAP machines. A range of settings numbered 1 through 3 are established to create varying levels of pressure reduction upon exhalation. Setting 1 is used to apply the least amount of change, while Setting 3 offers the greatest ease upon exhalation.
LCD On-Screen Display
PR's DreamStation Series was built with a simplistic and practical LCD screen. While the User Interface is in use, the screen is well lit. As the lights in the room are dimmed, the screen's sensor is designed expel the light from the screen. Please Note: The control dial is used to view the menu. The screen does not have touch screen capabilities.
Sleep results are posted on the User Interface to display results and goals for sleep therapy.
- The first screen accounts for a "Three Night Summary" which is determined after 12pm on the third day of treatment. Refer to the User Interface to view the results as they update each day.
- Daily sleep compliance results are provided after the most recent session. If the user sleeps 4 or more hours, the session is considered successful, rendering a green bar on the right side of the screen. If the user does not reach the anticipated 4 hour mark, the therapy will be noted by a yellow bar in the right corner of the screen.
- The second screen is in place for the first 90 days unless the sleep goal is met before the completion of this time. The data details the number of compliant nights recorded over the previous 30 days. A minimum of 21 successful four hour nights is needed to reach the 70% desired goal in order to surpass the screen before the end of 90 days.
Respironics Dry Box Design
Dry Box technology was created to help reduce the chance of water damage when the OPTIONAL humidifier is used with the DreamStation machine. In the instance that water may escape from the chamber, the Dry Box is designed to trap the water within the walls of the unit to prevent water from traveling throughout the machine and humidifier connection. Additionally, the air outlet port uses a one way valve to prevent water from exiting the water chamber and entering the machine. The air outlet port is located on the top of the water chamber to help minimize total water displacement.
System One Resistance Control
System One Resistance Control was developed by Respironics to help their machines reach the optimal pressure by using a numbering system which allows the CPAP device to recognize the mask. It achieves accuracy and reliability by instructing the device to compensate for the specific mask type. Please Note: PR masks are the only masks designed with a resistance control number, so this machine feature is only compatible with Philips Respironics masks.
Detailed 'Setup Menu' Options
Scroll through the User Interface using the control dial. The "My Setup" section allows the user to enable a variety of features found on the DreamStation device.
- Ramp: Choose the time in which the machine will gradually adjust the user to the prescribed pressure.
- Flex: Select between 3 flex settings intended to decrease the pressure upon exhalation.
- Humidification: Determine the humidity level by selecting a number from 0 to 5. Level 0 represents humidification that has been turned OFF, while Level 1 is the lowest form of humidity and Level 5 is the most significant level of humidity. Also, the DreamStation Humidifier can deliver different humidification modes: Fixed Humidification, Adaptive Humidification, and Heated Tube Humidification.
- Tube Type: Specify the type of CPAP hose being used with the machine. The setting will correspond directly to the diameter of the hose, whether it is 22mm or 15mm. A separate setting can be selected by those using a 15H Heated Tube.
- Modem: Use the screen to control the modem. If the modem is switched to OFF, it will automatically turn ON again after 3 days.
- Bluetooth: Enable the bluetooth option to transmit sleep data from the machine to a personalized DreamMapper account.
- Time: Use this option to change or update the display time in increments of 30 minutes from this screen. The default setting is Greenwich Mean Time.
DreamStation Comparison Chart: For a comparison of the features and benefits of each DreamStation model, please see the Manufacturer's DreamStation Comparison Chart. It's a good way to compare and see what features go with which machine.
Return On Warranty Issues Only
This Product Includes...
- DreamStation CPAP Machine
- Power Supply
- Power Cord
- Carrying Case
- CPAP Hose
- SD Card
- Reusable Blue Pollen Filter
- User Manual
- Disposable Light-Blue Ultra-Fine Filter (Uninstalled)
CPAP.com always offers these services:
- 8 am to 8 pm CST Toll Free Phone and Email Support
- 24 hour access to our CPAPtalk.com Support Forum
- Learning Center for information on sleep apnea and cpap equipment
- Consumer Purchasing Trends Reports
- Warranty Services for all items purchased through CPAP.com
- Insurance Compliant Invoices
- Free Prescription Request System
- A valid prescription is required for the purchase of this product.
- Philips Respironics products are for sale only to patients within the U.S. and not to other third parties or businesses.
- All services provided by CPAP.com, including advertisement, ordering, sale, delivery, instruction, and setup of the products are performed solely by CPAP.com and independently of the manufacturer.
The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: DreamStation CPAP Machine.
Please Note: DreamStation machines are not equipped with a Mask Alert feature. The machines are not designed to sound an alarm or display the words "Leak Alert" on the screen.
Connect to Bluetooth Wireless Technology
DreamMapper is a mobile and web-based system designed to pair with the DreamStation CPAP and BiPAP machines. Download the SleepMapper app onto a smartphone or tablet (not included) to access daily results. Please Note: The wireless technology cannot connect to multiple mobile devices during the same period of time.
The technology is most proficient when the machine and mobile device make the connection in the same room. Before pairing the devices, be sure the Bluetooth setting has been enabled and the machine is powered OFF.
CPAP.com cannot provide troubleshooting steps for DreamMapper Software or for 3rd Party Software. If you have questions regarding software or the DreamMapper app, please contact the manufacturer.
Pacemaker Safety Tips
Per the manufacturer, the Health Industry Manufacturers Association recommends a 6 inch distance between a pacemaker and a wireless device. Due to the bluetooth wireless technology which has been built into the machine, it is highly suggested that those with a pacemaker maintain a minimum distance of 6 inches from their machine.
System One Resistance Control Settings
Please reference this link to find the resistance control setting for the different Philips Respironics masks: System One Resistance Control Settings.
The DreamStation CPAP is only compatible with the DreamStation Heated Humidifier.
Select one of the two modes: Fixed Humidification or Adaptive Humidification when operating the DreamStation Heated Humidifier.
- Fixed Humidification: Select a number within the range of 0 to 5 to choose the humidity level. Level 0 represents a humidifier that has been turned OFF. Level 1 disperses the least amount of humidity, while Level 5 disperses the greatest amount of humidity. In Fixed mode, the humidifier will produce one level of humidity throughout therapy.
- Adaptive Humidification: In Adaptive mode, the humidifier will monitor the environment to produce the lowest level of humidity needed to prevent condensation in the hose. Adaptive humidification can adjust as the temperature in the room changes.
Please Note: When a heated tube is added to therapy, the humidifier will automatically change to Heated Tube Humidification Mode. The temperature of the heated plate and heated hose can be changed, but the mode will remain locked in Heated Tube Humidification Mode while the hose is attached. Just as fixed humidification ranges from 0-5, the temperature of the heated tube can be adjusted by choosing a level from 0 to 5.
Compatible AC Power Used to Operate the DreamStation
A power cord and the DreamStation 80 Watt Power Supply are included with the purchase of the DreamStation CPAP machine. Attach the power cord and the power supply before placing the 2 prong plug into the outlet. Turn the machine with the knob facing forward so the power cord connector snaps into the power inlet found on the left-hand side near the back of the machine. Caution: Avoid using an extension cord to operate the CPAP.
How Do I Clean the Machine?
Before cleaning, unplug the DreamStation device from the power cord. Do not submerge the machine in water or cleaning products. Instead, use mild soap and a slightly damp washcloth to clean the machine. Re-connect power once the device is completely dry.
The non-heated 22mm or 15mm CPAP hoses may be submerged in water and mild detergent to clear away residue. Rinse the hose entirely and allow it to air dry away from sunlight. If cleaning a heated hose, use a hose brush or damp cloth to clean the tube. The hose cannot be submerged in water.
Tips for Cleaning the Filters
For optimal results, clean the reusable filters at least once every two weeks. The reusable filter is intended to last 6 months when cared for properly. When using the ultra-fine filter in conjunction with the reusable filter, replace the ultra-fine filter after 30 days of use or after it becomes dirty. Do not wash the ultra-fine filter.
- First, remove the ultra-fine filter if it is being used to capture very small particles.
- Next, pull the reusable filter from the machine to run it under warm water.
- Gently shake the filter to excrete all excess water. Let the filter air dry completely away from direct sunlight.
- Once the filter is completely dry, restore the filters to their place on the machine.
Tips for Installing or Replacing Filters
Please Note: The reusable filter is required to operate the DreamStation CPAP machine.
With the machine knob facing forward, locate the compartment on the righthand side of the machine. Lift the lid to access the filter assembly. If the OPTIONAL ultra-fine filter is dirty or if it has been in place for 30 days, dispose of the filter. Clean the reusable filter and place it atop the OPTIONAL disposable filter before affixing the filters together. Complete the progress by moving the filter assembly back into its previous placement. The compartment door will close to ensure the filters are safely stored.
The purchase of a DreamStation machine includes a carry bag. Use the bag to transport the device as a carry-on. Per the manufacturer, the carrying bag cannot guarantee the safety of the equipment when checked as luggage. If traveling with the OPTIONAL humidifier, be sure to empty the water from the water chamber. Do not travel with water in the water chamber as it can leak and cause damage to the device.
Present the text on the bottom of the device or purchase an OPTIONAL CPAP.com Medical Identification Luggage Tag for CPAP Equipment to clarify that the carry-on holds medical equipment.
When traveling to other countries, remember to switch to universal or compatible power cords and adaptors. The machine can be used during a flight as long as the unit is using AC or DC power. Do not use the OPTIONAL modem or humidifier while aboard the flight.
Supplemental Oxygen Tips
Supplemental oxygen may be used with the DreamStation machines. Please Note: When using supplemental oxygen with a CPAP machine, it is important to adhere the following guidelines:
- Do not use oxygen near an open flame.
- Make sure to power ON the device before starting the oxygen. Turn the oxygen OFF before terminating the treatment.
- Use the Philips Respironics pressure valve to prevent the chance of a fire. Place the valve in-line with the mask system to ensure the valve is located between the supplemental oxygen supply and the CPAP machine.
The DreamStation CPAP Machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- If sending in machine for warranty consideration, ship only the unit that is malfunctioning, along with the power cord. Do not ship the carrying case or hose
- Loaner Machines are available for rental during the warranty process
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.
The DreamStation 80W Power Supply is compatible with 100 - 240 V AC power. When traveling, be mindful of the World Traveler Power Adapter Plugs which may be used to offer the correct fit regardless of location. The 80 Watt Power Supply does not come with a cord that connects to the wall. That product is available here.
The shielded DC cord allows a DreamStation machine to be plugged in to a cigarette-style DC outlet to be powered while away from AC power. The shielded DC cord will power the machine, humidifier, and heated tube. This DC cord is compatible with DreamStation machines only and is not compatible with any other machine.
The Portable Outlet is a great way to power this CPAP machine, as well as many others. The Portable Outlet converts the battery's stored DC power into convenient outlet power, allowing you to power any CPAP machine or electrical device using the main power supply that came with the device. The Portable Outlet is so versatile it can power TVs, stereos, blenders... anything! It also includes convenient USB ports that allow you to charge your phone or tablet while charging your CPAP.
Weighing in at only 1.7 pounds the Freedom Battery is a terrific option for travel. Add the DreamStation 12V Power Adapter for C-100 & Freedom CPAP Travel Battery Packs to connect the DreamStation CPAP to the Freedom Battery. The Freedom battery meets UN Manual Test and Criteria requirements for travel.
The Respironics Lithium Ion Travel Battery Kit is intended for use with 50 Series, 60 Series, and DreamStation machines. Uninterruptible Power Supply (UPS) mode is designed to help the battery kick in automatically if AC power fails. This mode ensures power is never lost to the CPAP machine, even after power from the outlet is disconnected. When AC power is available again, the battery will be bypassed, and AC will resume powering the machine. The battery weighs 2.25 lbs and is FAA approved for use on flights. The kit includes a travel case, device cord, and 50 Series adapters used to connect the machine to the battery as well as connect the battery to the power supply for charging. This kit does not include a power supply as it is designed to operate from the machine's power supply.
The manufacturer states the Respironics battery has a run time of 14 hours with a pressure of 10cm H20 or lower, excluding a heated tube humidifier.