The user manual included with this machine can be viewed and downloaded here: BiPAP® Auto Bi-Flex Machine.
Pairing Bluetooth with Mobile Devices
Bluetooth technology allows for a wireless transfer of data from the machine to the designated SleepMapper app to deliver sleep results to a handheld device. This Philips Respironics BiPAP® Auto has Bluetooth capabilities which may be enabled. The default setting for the Bluetooth wireless connection is set to 'Off' mode.
SleepMapper Mobile Compatibility
The SleepMapper app is compatible with the following mobile devices:
- Apple devices with iOS 6 or newer
- Android devices 2.2 or newer
Please Note: A smartphone and tablet are not included with the purchase of the 60 Series Pro with Bluetooth.
SleepMapper App Tips
- SleepMapper will only work with Philips Respironics machines.
- Install the SleepMapper App on your phone or tablet for free.
- Visit the iTunes store or the Google Play website to download the SleepMapper app.
- The machine SD card can be used in conjunction with SleepMapper.
SleepMapper Name Changed to DreamMapper
When searching for the Respironics' SleepMapper app on an Apple or Android device, the name SleepMapper will no longer appear in iTunes or Google Play. Instead, the web based app displays the name DreamMapper, which is the newer version of the app. Please Note: Though the name has changed, the information provided remains the same. DreamMapper is still compatible with all 60 series machines which use the bluetooth feature.
Machine and Humidifier Compatibility
- System One 60 Series Heated Tube Humidifier with Heated Tube can be used ONLY with PR System One REMStar 60 Series machines.
- PR System One Heated Humidifiers (those that do not include the words "60 Series" in the name) cannot be used with PR System One 60 Series Machines.
- The 60 Series Heated Humidifier CANNOT be used with any other machines made by Philips Respironics. This includes other versions of the PR System, One REMStar line of machines.
- The 60 Series Heated Humidifier is only compatible with PR System One REMStar 60 Series machines.
System One Resistance Control Settings
Please reference this link to find the resistance control setting for the different Philips Respironics masks: System One Resistance Control Settings.
Side Cover Panel
PLEASE NOTE: The manufacturer does NOT include the side cover panel when a 60 Series machine and heated humidifier are purchased together as a set. This part may be purchased separately: Side Panel for PR System One 60 Series CPAP Machines.
Power Supply and Cord Included
This purchase includes an 80 Watt Power Supply and power cord. The DreamStation 80 Watt Power Supply is the newer version and is compatible with 60 Series machines.
When using the 60 Series BiPAP® Auto machine alone or with a standard (non-heated tube) humidifier, the External 60 Watt Power Supply for PR System One REMstar 60 Series Machines can be used to power the machine.
The power supply and cord are found in a pocket behind the black flap on the interior wall of the travel bag. Pull the fabric tab to release the fastener and access the equipment.
PR System One Humidifier Modes
PR System One REMStar 60 Series machines version 1.22 or higher have two humidification modes:
- Classic Humidification
- System One Humidification
Version Note: To determine the version of the software installed on a PR System One REMStar 60 machine, unplug the machine and plug it back into an outlet. The version is displayed on the screen when the unit is first plugged into an outlet. The humidification settings are displayed only when a PR System One Heated Humidifier is attached to the machine.
Classic Mode Humidification
The Classic mode of humidification allows the CPAP user to control the heat setting on the humidifier. The user will select "Classic" mode settings C1, C2, C3, C4, or C5. The "C" in front of the humidification setting indicates "Classic." C1 is the lowest level of humidification and C5 is the highest level of humidification.
Please Note: If the PR System One Heated Tube for 60 Series Machines is attached to the humidifier the Classic mode humidification will not be offered, only System One Humidification Mode. To use the Classic mode of humidification attach a non-heated tube to the humidifier.
System One Humidification Mode
The System One Humidification uses the technology of the system to set the level of humidification delivered. The machine makes the decision based on the humidity present in the room air. The CPAP user decides how much they want to receive. A setting of 1 delivers the lowest humidity level and a setting of 5 delivers the highest level. The humidification setting will show 1 - 5. The letter "C" will NOT precede the number.
Passover Humidification, Heat Off
To turn the heated humidifier off, set the humidifier to zero "0". The air from the machine will pass over the water in the chamber acting as a passover Humidifier.
Setting the Humidification Mode and Level Please Note:
The humidifier menu will only show when the humidifier is attached to the machine.
First, use the wheel on the machine to select the 'Setup' menu. Then, scroll through the menu to locate SYSTEM ONE Humidification. Select 'On' to allow the machine to determine the level of humidification delivered throughout the system based on the 1-5 setting. When in the SYSTEM ONE Humidification mode there is no letter indicator next to the number.
To control heat manually, select the 'Off' option. Then, set the humidification level by adjusting the number to the right of 'Humidifier,' which is found under SYSTEM ONE Humidification. Select a number within the range of 1 to 5. The letter "C" found in front of the humidification number represents the word 'Classic'. The lowest heat is recorded as C1, while C5 is the highest heat level.
Power Supply and DC Cable Compatibility Tips
Please Note: To power the humidifier, the Respironics' 80 Watt power supply is included with the purchase of a 60 Series Pro with Bluetooth and Heated Tube Humidifier. If the user chooses to use the CPAP machine without the humidifier and heated tube, the 60 Watt power supply may be used.
The External 80 Watt Power Supply for PR System One REMstar 60 Series Machines is NOT compatible with other versions of PR System One machines. The connection peg that plugs into a PR System One REMStar 60 Series machine is a specific size and will fit only this machine. The external power supply for this machine has different specifications than the External Power Supply for PR System One REMstar CPAP and BiPAP® Machines used with other machines in the Philips Respironics lines. The Power Cord that plugs the external power supply into the wall outlet is the same for all System One Machines.
The Shielded DC Cord for PR System One 60 Series Machines that is compatible with PR System One 60 Series Machines works ONLY with PR System One 60 Series Machines. The 12 Volt DC Power Cord (connects CPAP to cigarette lighter socket) used with other PR System One machines IS NOT compatible with 60 Series Machines.
The Heated Tube Humidifier includes the PR System One Heated Tube for 60 Series Machines. The heated hose connects to the electrical ports on the 60 Series Heated Humidifier to keep the air warm as it travels from the humidifier through the hose to the CPAP mask.
Not using the Heated Humidifier? The heated tube can connect to the ports on the air outlet on the side of the machine. In this configuration, the hose will not create heat and will act as a standard hose.
In addition to the 60 Series Heated Tube, a traditional CPAP hose can be used. Set the size of hose you will be using in the Set Up Menu under "Tubing Type". Select either 15 mm or 22 mm depending on the size tube being used.
Identifying PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines
The following highlight physical characteristics, which identify a PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machine:
- Color: The PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines are charcoal gray with a metallic silver side and instrument panels. Other PR System One units are dark gray with an ivory colored side and instrument panels.
- Branding: The PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines have the words "System One" in raised or embossed letters stamped in silver on both the machine and the humidifier. Other PR System One units do not have raised lettering. Instead the branding information is painted onto the unit.
- Machine and Humidifier Connections: The PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines have a 6 pin connection between the machine and humidifier. Other PR System One Units have a 4 pin connection between the machine and humidifier. Also, PR System One REMStar 60 Series Machines have a mechanical connection between the machine and humidifier, whereas other PR System One Units have 2 tabs on the humidifier designed to fit into 2 slots on the machine.
- Model Number Reference: The label on the bottom of the machine lists the part number. For instance, the label on the bottom of the PR System One REMStar 60 Series Auto CPAP lists: "REMStar Auto"; "REF" of 560P; and Serial Number identified by "SN". The number 560 references the part number of the machine. The label on the bottom of other versions of System One machines lists: Machine name; "REF" that does not have the number "6" in the second position from the left; and Serial Number identified by "SN". For example, the label on the bottom of a PR System One REMStar Auto CPAP Machine with A-Flex lists "REMStar Auto" and "REF" of 550P. The number 550 references the part number of the machine.
System One 60 Series Heated Tube Set-Up
Philips Respironics provides these instructions for setting up the heated tube: System One 60 Series Heated Tube Set-Up
This machine comes with a 2 Year Manufacturer Warranty. CPAP.com will work with the manufacturer on your behalf if the machine needs repairs. Please follow these steps:
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800-356-5221 to receive an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) Number before returning the equipment
- Include a note with the machine describing the issue you are experiencing, along with your full contact information to include a return shipping address and the RMA number provided to you
- Ship only the defective items to CPAP.com at 13235 N Promenade Blvd Stafford, TX 77477
- Do not return accessory items such as the carry bag, hose or power cords
- Email updates will be sent to keep you informed as the machine moves through the warranty process
- CPAP.com will contact the manufacturer on your behalf and handle all shipping between us and the manufacturer
- The repaired or replaced unit will be returned to you. Shipping charges may apply.
Please note: The manufacturer warranty is voided by water damage or misuse of the machine.